Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 11: Walpurgisnacht

"Hey! don't you know been has only two 'e's?" the boy who had been chased by Saki said before the girl could reply. Confusion came over Misaki's features. ... What?

"Don't mind me just..carry on with your girlfriend." He then said to the D&G boy (who's name she still didn't know). He glared.

"I'll have you know that is this barbaric creature is not my girlfriend," he replied.

She heard a crackle of electricity.

"I suppose you are too prestigious to hold any manners. Don't worry, if you use your money right you'll be able get a psychologist," the annoying boy (who's name she also didn't know but did not care to know) said darkly.

D&G boy seemed angrier now. "Is that a threat? expect a formal filed complaint you, you disgusting vile-"

"I can only suppose your mother taught you such words to address her like that." 

"Don't talk about my mother, filth."

"She was filth?" He shot back, using the boy's own words.

"Now now," the orange haired girl said, stepping in. "If the both of you don' shut the hell up," She smashed a fist into an open palm and crackled her knuckles.

Well this is going to turn to violence soon.

"Guys-" Misaki started, putting herself between everyone. However, before she could finish, a young man appeared.

"I was hearing some very loud noises all day, and I come here and realize you five were the source. I see you intend to cause trouble on the very first day." He brushed his blue hair, then stared coldly at the five students. A shiver went down her spine.

"I believe you understand what this means? I want you present in my chambers before dinner. I would like a word with all of you, and we will discuss disciplinary measures then." The young man began to walk away, then stopped. "And before you consider doing so, don't 'ditch' this appointment. Otherwise, I do predict that you will have," he paused, turned around and waved his hand. Frost began to gather in the room. The temperature of the air began to fall.

"A very chilly reception to Gretchen High." The man then walked away and was gone.

The five stood in silence. Misaki's eyes glanced at the frost that had gathered in the area. Ice magic. Quite rare. 

Wanting to break the silence, she spoke. "So... Miss," she said as she turned to the orange haired girl. "Do you still want to know where the cafeteria is? Saki and I can show you if you'd like."

[blue hair? TOP <3 :P]

"So, miss. Do you still want to know where the cafeteria is? Saki and I can show you if you like." She turned to Saki as emphasis.

"Chills, huh?" Saki said under her breath. "Dad told me he would be on break this semester. I really hope his little brother isn't here. He made my childhood so misera--Ah! Misa-chaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!" Sakila stopped muttering to herself as soon as she realized her precious Misaki was there. She grabbed the taller girl by her wrists and pulled her into an embrace. "I couldn't find you anywhere!! I know you told me you would text me, but I dropped my phone in a pond on the way here and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the extra water to seep out between the cracks so I could spark it back to life and I was hoping you could help me when my sister told me to get some peanut butter on the way to drop off at grandma's house and then I--"

"It's okay, I'll help. Here, let's help this girl get to the cafeteria, first, ok?"

"Oh! Yes! Yes! Hi, my name is Sasaki Saki! You can call me Saki! I haven't visited the campus grounds in a long time and some of the buildings have been remodeled so I'm sorry if I can't lead you properly! But I think I remember the general layout. And the cafeteria should be in this direction. But I really suggest you should buy something from the pizzeria on the other side of the hall. Bring your boyfriend, too! Except he can't come!" Sakila paused her speech to point to Aster, before continuing. "But everyone else is welcome! In fact, it's my treat! Dad gave me some extra money so I could treat Misa-chan to dinner tonight, but I think I have enough for that in my piggy bank. I should go check, just in case! Ah! But I left my things in the office, so I'll be back! Meanwhile, I think you guys..."

Sakila skipped up the stairs, still talking, not realizing that she'd left everyone at the bottom of the steps. She went back to the office, grabbed her things, and returned, all the while, talking to herself. "...And it was the first time I ever touched a cat! And then I saw... Hey, where is everyone?"

"Talk about a cold guy?" Aster said. But the others were lost in their own world. He blinked, the effect of the candy he had taken from a stranger wearing off. He shuddered at what could have happened because it had been night when had crunched the red ball and now it was day.

The first thing he'd seen was the guy with blue hair. Ice was something he had never seen used as element, the same as something unique to him. He pondered if have blue hair was a side effect of Ice; Aster's hair would also change color depending on the elements he used. Quietly, he walked and followed this girl who introduced herself as Sasaki but roleplayed as Sakila.

Come to think of it, everyone was looking at him despairingly. Aster coughed slightly, fixed his shirt which seemed like it had been yanked hard and flattened his hair. 'Oh god(otherwise-known-as-Mark), don't tell me I used magic!' He rested his hand on a nearby wall to get rid of the static. Then he slunk away, using the magic of possibility. Things not real. ESP, if you'd call it.

One moment he was there and the next his body flickered in front of the principal's office; teleportation. He turned the knob but it was locked. 'How am I supposed to hand in my registration papers now?'  A sharp pain started at the back of his cranium, like someone stabbing in a knife. Struggling, he walked in a direction, any direction he saw as long as the wall supported him. A familiar face appeared.

He found himself being helped by a boy of the same age with scarlet hair, a twisted smile and happy eyes. He was dressed in a light red t-shirt and his pants a darker red while his shoes crimson.

"Well Aster, even I got worried when I gave you the wrong candy." Rouge remarked casually as he led the way to the dorms.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

KK I'll stop writing here since I need to rest OTL

(( Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I wasn't able to do much of anything... Here's hoping I can eat today xD))

Garnet frowned. She was waiting for the snappish guy to apologize, but his glare didn't soften at her explanation. Grinding her teeth, the short girl looked past Devin at a commotion on the stairs as two students began to plummet down toward them. Oh, crap... Misaki, the girl who'd offered to help her out, leapt forward and stood behind Devin, holding her arms out to try and catch them. But she was a bit skinny to halt that much mass and force, and like large, breathing dominoes, everyone fell in a heap on the ground. Garnet held her ground until the impact, figuring she could break the fall a bit for the others. She wouldn't have to tell anyone that she'd had time to get out of the way, so she'd just look like she hadn't noticed, which was good for her rep. Crash!

It was with a pained groan that Garnet realized the ground was very uncomfortable when you were under four other people. "Sorry!" a girl yelled from the top of the pile. She felt the weight of at least a couple people lifted, and with a sigh she opened her eyes, finding herself staring Devin in the face. Get the hell off  me, I will break that annoying face...

"Don't mind me just... carry on with your girlfriend." The other boy said. Devin stood and looked at him, and Garnet leapt up and away from him, rubbing her back and glaring at Devin as he replied to Aster's jibe. "I'll have you know that is this barbaric creature is not my girlfriend." To Garn's amusement, Devin's hair began sticking out like those she'd zapped with full static earlier. She was surprised to see Aster add, "I suppose you are too prestigious to hold any manners. Don't worry, if you use your money right you'll be able get a psychologist." Good, she wasn't the only one who couldn't stand the guy's disrespectful nature. But she hadn't had a chance to snap back at Devin for calling her barbaric, and the two kept going with their argument.

"Is that a threat? expect a formal filed complaint you, you disgusting vile-" 

"I can only suppose your mother taught you such words to address her like that." 

"Don't talk about my mother, filth."

"She was filth?" 

"Tch..." These two were getting on her nerves. It was okay to argue, but when you started talking about other people's parents, it was time to shut up... Not that she'd defend her own if they came up, but at least she used to respect them. "Now now," Garnet started. "If the both o' ya don' shut the hell up," She smashed her fist into an open palm and crackled her knuckles, summoning a small flame to emphasize her threat. 

"I was hearing some very loud noises all day, and I come here and realize you five were the source. I see you intend to cause trouble on the very first day." The young man brushed his blue hair, then stared coldly at the five students. Garnet put her flame out and frowned, staring at the odd, blue-haired man.

"I believe you understand what this means? I want you present in my chambers before dinner. I would like a word with all of you, and we will discuss disciplinary measures then." The young man began to walk away, then stopped. "And before you consider doing so, don't 'ditch' this appointment. Otherwise, I do predict that you will have," and the man stopped, turned around and waved his hand. Frost began to gather in the room. The temperature of the air began to fall.
"A very chilly reception to Gretchen High." The man then walked away and was gone.

She'd stayed still and silent during the man's speech, but once he'd walked away, Garnet started pacing furiously. Just great!! The one thing I wanted to avoid on my first day! It would be a disaster if she got in trouble again, because this school was supposed to be her last transfer, and if her mother found out what she was fooled into signing her off to, she'd never be allowed to use magic or leave the house again... "Ah, this sucks!!!" Tugging at her hair, Garnet tried to figure out how to explain herself, but nothing came to mind. With a sigh, she dropped the thoughts and looked at Misaki, who was talking to her again. 

"So... Miss," Misaki said, turning to Garn. "Do you still want to know where the cafeteria is? Saki and I can show you if you'd like." Garnet was about to answer when the other girl shouted, "Ah! Misa-chaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!" She grabbed the taller girl by her wrists and pulled her into an embrace. Garnet stood back, a bit weirded out. "I couldn't find you anywhere!! I know you told me you would text me, but I dropped my phone in a pond on the way here and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the extra water to seep out between the cracks so I could spark it back to life and I was hoping you could help me when my sister told me to get some peanut butter on the way to drop off at grandma's house and then I--"

"It's okay, I'll help. Here, let's help this girl get to the cafeteria, first, ok?"

"Oh! Yes! Yes! Hi, my name is Sasaki Saki! You can call me Saki! I haven't visited the campus grounds in a long time and some of the buildings have been remodeled so I'm sorry if I can't lead you properly! But I think I remember the general layout. And the cafeteria should be in this direction. But I really suggest you should buy something from the pizzeria on the other side of the hall. Bring your boyfriend, too! Except he can't come!" Sakila paused her speech to point to Aster, before continuing. "But everyone else is welcome! In fact, it's my treat! Dad gave me some extra money so I could treat Misa-chan to dinner tonight, but I think I have enough for that in my piggy bank. I should go check, just in case! Ah! But I left my things in the office, so I'll be back! Meanwhile, I think you guys..."

"Wait, what?" Garnet glanced at the others, then back at Sakila, who was already skipping up the stairs. "I do NOT have a boyfriend, Saki!!!" she called angrily. But the girl hadn't heard, and Garnet sighed grumpily, cracking her back and neck. "Sorry, uh, Misa, was it? Should we wait for Saki?" she asked Misaki. 

[]

Opening his mouth to respond to what he considered as a condescending remark from Garnet, he could have never expected that he would be buried underneath three other people in a crumpled heap. Devin let out an uncharacteristic yelp as he was caught at the avalanche of bodies, all the while realizing that his newly polished shoes were most likely bent and damaged. Much worse, he's staring right into Garnet's eyes and their faces were in close proxiimity to each other. Too, too close for comfort. Devin immediately shot up, without much consideration for the others' joints and muscles, and swiftly bent over to check his shoes. Before he could closely inspect them however, he was caught off guard by the unfamiliar voice of another boy. Just what I needed.

"Don't mind me just... carry on with your girlfriend." The words should have irritated him more than it had, what he felt was nowhere near the almost murderous rage that came over him when Garnet 'tainted' his hands. "I'll have you know that is this barbaric creature is not my girlfriend." Devin said, almost in a deadpan voice, as if he was just spouting out an obvious fact from an encyclopedia.  By that point, Devin was still oblivious to what has happened to his hair or his clothes for that matter. It wasn't that he didn't feel his threads constricting him or his hair moving about in a sporadic fashion. It was more like he's too focused on trying to read the guy to pay it any heed. Or maybe he was simply just still disoriented by the little incident. He didn't have much of a chance to blink away the stars that he saw when he fell down.

The banter lasted for a good three more lines before Garnet stepped in and mediated between the two. Devin wasn't having any of it though. He managed to squeak in few final words. "I take it that you're slightly ignorant. All your futile attempts at sarcasm and so-called wit were nothing more than a pathetic show of you grasping at straws and being devoid of anything that might be considered sharp. Leaning on the fourth wall could only get you so far. Shape up."

He then tried to get Garnet's attention, as there was still something he wanted to say, but was stopped short when a young man with nearly hypnotic blue hair approached them. "I was hearing some very loud noises all day, and I come here and realize you five were the source. I see you intend to cause trouble on the very first day." The young man brushed his blue hair, then stared coldly at the five students.

"I believe you understand what this means? I want you present in my chambers before dinner. I would like a word with all of you, and we will discuss disciplinary measures then." The young man began to walk away, then stopped. "And before you consider doing so, don't 'ditch' this appointment. Otherwise, I do predict that you will have," and the man stopped, turned around and waved his hand. Frost began to gather in the room. The temperature of the air began to fall.

Devin couldn't believe his eyes. He met Kavin Chills on his first day, probably the only person he looked up to and will ever look up to. His eyes still practically twinkling in admiration, Devin snapped out of his trance and bowed. "Understood, sire. We'll definitely be there." He called out in a clear and distinctive voice, akin to that of a leader's. He surveyed the reactions of the people around him. Two of them were just short of having their mouths agape in apparent fear and two of them were happily rambling about nonsensical stuff. I guess ignorance is bliss, after all. Imbeciles. "We reconvene here promptly after we have supper." He continued, unabashed that he has irked almost all of them and now he was barking out orders.

A shrill voice pierced the silence that he was just starting to enjoy and the owner of said voice was, to put it simply, lacking quite a few things 'upstairs'. Devin managed to catch her name, and something about peanut butter, but conveniently tuned her out. He wasn't going to waste any of his precious brainwaves to try to keep up with someone as obnoxious as the girl. With Saki scampering off, Devin was left with his two original 'companions'.  "Sorry, uh, Misa, was it? Should we wait for Saki?" Garnet asked Misaki. Devin then tapped the girl on the shoulder and outstretched both of his arms to show her his singed hands once more. "You were talking about a 'burn cream'?" Devin asked, his voice skittering around the words burn cream as if they were things that he should be apprehensive of. "Do it for me. I don't know what is the correct process of putting such low-grade sounding substance onto my pristine skin. Maybe then I'll let this entire ordeal pass.... Maybe."

[Hope ya feel better, Araide-sempai. I had the stomach flu yesterday, which meant no DCW, so I know how ya feel. @@ ]

Garnet scratched her head and waited, but once again was interrupted by Devin before getting an answer from Misaki. The bothered young man tapped her on the shoulder and outstretched both of his arms to show her his singed hands once more. "You were talking about a 'burn cream'?" Devin asked. His voice was a bit odd, as though he'd never heard of nor used such a thing. Then again, judging by his complexion and reaction to her prank, she supposed he likely hadn't.  "Do it for me. I don't know what is the correct process of putting such low-grade sounding substance onto my pristine skin. Maybe then I'll let this entire ordeal pass.... Maybe."

The orange-haired tomboy sighed, taking a tube of burn relief ointment from her bag. To show the result of use, she peeled the bandage from her right hand, showing off a faded pink mark. "This one's fresh from this mornin'..." She then lifted her sleeve to point out a barely visible mark across her shoulder. "There used ta be no skin there, but after a few months it's fine." Garnet gave a grin, then realized Devin expected her to put the ointment on his hands for him.

"Tch, you're just sheltered and pampered, aren'tcha?" The boys hands looked clean enough despite the off-coloring of the minor burns, so she applied the cream and took a couple of spare stick-on bandages from her left pocket, attaching them over the burns with a practiced precision. "There ya go, good as new!" she announced, giving Devin's hands a light slap. "By the way, my name ain't Barbaric or nothin'. It's Garnet, thanks very much, Mr.Face Mask."

"So... Miss," Misaki said as she turned to the orange haired girl. "Do you still want to know where the cafeteria is? Saki and I can show you if you'd like."

At the same time, the D&G boy yelled out to the blue haired man, "Understood, sire. We'll definitely be there," before looking to the group and saying, "We reconvene here promptly after we have supper."

She felt a twinge of annoyance at this boy, for she had barely known him for five minutes and already he was barking orders at them. Will have to avoid him... 

"Chills, huh?" Misaki heard Saki say under her breath. "Dad told me he would be on break this semester. I really hope his little brother isn't here. He made my childhood so misera--Ah! Misa-chaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!" She suddenly yelled her name as she grabbed the taller girl by her wrists and pulled her into an embrace.

"I couldn't find you anywhere!! I know you told me you would text me, but I dropped my phone in a pond on the way here and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the extra water to seep out between the cracks so I could spark it back to life and I was hoping you could help me when my sister told me to get some peanut butter on the way to drop off at grandma's house and then I--"

She gave a smile and said, "It's okay, I'll help. Here, let's help this girl get to the cafeteria, first, ok?"

Sakila skipped up the stairs, still talking, not realizing that she'd left everyone at the bottom of the steps. How Sakila. 

"Wait, what?" The orange haired girl said as Sakila skipped away, "I do NOT have a boyfriend, Saki!!!"

After grumbling, she continued, "Sorry, uh, Misa, was it? Should we wait for Saki?"

Before she could answer, the D&G boy interrupted once more by tapping the orange haired girl on the shoulder and holding out his singed hands. "You were talking about a 'burn cream'?" he asked, his voice skittering around the words burn cream as if they were things that he should be apprehensive of. "Do it for me. I don't know what is the correct process of putting such low-grade sounding substance onto my pristine skin. Maybe then I'll let this entire ordeal pass.... Maybe."

The orange haired girl sighed, taking a tube of burn relief ointment from her bag. To show the result of use, she peeled the bandage from her right hand, showing off a faded pink mark. "This one's fresh from this mornin'..." She then lifted her sleeve to point out a barely visible mark across her shoulder. "There used ta be no skin there, but after a few months it's fine." 

She gave a grin, which faltered after a moment. She continued, "Tch, you're just sheltered and pampered, aren'tcha?"

Regardless, she applied the cream onto his hands and took a couple of spare stick-on bandages from her left pocket, attaching them over the burns with a practiced precision. "There ya go, good as new!" she announced, giving the boy's hands a light slap.

"By the way, my name ain't Barbaric or nothin'. It's Garnet, thanks very much, Mr.Face Mask."

"Garnet, huh..." Misaki muttered quietly, filing the name away in her head. Louder, she continued, "Well Garnet, we should wait for Sakila. Knowing her, she'll be back soon enough."

"...And it was the first time I ever touched a cat! And then I saw... Hey, where is everyone?"

Turning around, she waved her hand and yelled out, "Over here Saki!"

[Guh, I can't do this Saki thing. I'm too used to Sakila. Just call me that from now on.]

"Over here, Saki!" Sakila turned towards the sound of Misaki's voice and realize she'd taken the wrong stairwell. "Oh, there you guys are! I thought you'd left me for a second! Ah. That boy is gone! Good riddance!" She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms, her bags swinging forward and hitting a fellow passerby. "Ah! Sorry! I wasn't paying attention! I'm really sorry! I hope I didn't hurt you! On that note, I should apologize to you two again as well!" She grasped the hands of Garnet and Devin as emphasis, only to find her hands coated in sticky ointment.

"Gosh, I'm sorry! I really should wash this off! I know! The bathr—"

"AAAAAAH!!!!!!"

Sakila's never ending banter was cut short by an ear-piercing scream. Three girls rushed out of a nearby room, their faces marred by horrified expressions. Many students immediately started gathering around the door to the room. Curiosity getting the best of her, Sakila took off in a run, dropping her bags to the ground. She joined the crowd, pushing through them to get to the front. She tripped on someone's sneaker and was about to fall into the mess of now-screaming students. A strong hand gripped her upper arm and pulled her back up. She wasn't sure who it was as unfamiliar faces surrounded her.

Sakila eventually got to the front, only to be shocked speechless. She was staring at a body. Or what was left of it, at least. In front of her was a headless corpse hung upside down from the strings of a Venetian blind. The severed head was placed on a nearby desk. There was a sickening grin on it's waxy face. The eyes had rolled back into the head and the nose was practically nonexistent.

Blood was everywhere.

A bright red message was scrawled on the blackboard: BEWARE.

[Dun dun dun! Shall we begin the excitement? DCW IRL isn't DCW IRL without someone dying. :D ]

Rouge (NPC)

Same body size as Aster, vibrant red hair, albino skin, scarlet eyes, red t-shirt, dark red pants, crimson shoes.

Rouge was fascinated by that Aster had lived most of his life in a lab and wondered if he would test a new candy flavor for him. Aster had come to a city for the first time and was surprised by this friendly stranger and complied, but Rouge ended up switching the candy with a drug which causes a 180 degree turn in personality.

Aster opened his eyes to see a roof painted white. He got up wearily, and found that he was in a wooden bed, a soft pillow under his supporting elbow and a light blue blanket over his legs.

"Awake?" A feet across him on another identical bed with the same white sheets but a red blanket, Rouge inquired. Aster craned his neck and saw the red-clad teen.

"It's you!" he groaned. Rouge smiled apologetically, but the craziness never left his eyes. "Surprised right? I'm actually your senior. You're an interesting guy, and with your first time seeing so many people, I thought it would be better if you kipped with me. I spent the day begging for an extra bed."

Perhaps his effort wasn't bad, seeing the neat room Aster was in. He couldn't keep himself orderly. Still, sharing a room with a second year made him nervous. He looked at the plain black and white clock that was attached to the roof. 'Wait, why the heck is there a clock on the roof?' Aster thought.

Rouge hummed silently while pouring water and a few spoons of honey into an electric kettle. There was a small beeping sound, Rouge took out his red and pink striped cellphone.

"School's over." He chirped. Aster stared at him, his eyes bulging. "Why weren't you in class?" "I'm what they call a problem child. But I'm still the top student in this place, magic and everything. Though I wonder, they might be worried. I skipped only one period today."

"Are you for real?!" Aster gasped. The silver kettle began to whistle and Rouge opened the top. Aster was surprised to see the steam dissipate before it even touched Rouge. He took out something cube-like covered in gold foil and rubbed it between his palms, before tossing the wrapper in the kettle. Whatever was inside had disappeared. 

"Here," Rouge handed Aster the entire kettle. It was surprisingly cold, chilled even. "Swish clockwise three times, anticlockwise three times and drink through the nozzle. That's important." Aster did as he was told. The brew was tasty, refreshing, chilled honey which had thinned like water but still retained some texture and enhanced taste. It eased his headache.

Rouge's cellphone began to beep again. "Stay here for the time being, I have a job to do." Rouge said before walking out the door. 'Let's see, they wont mind me teleporting in this case.' Rouge thought. The image of the school corridor ahead of him flickered and changed to a classroom, a blackboard in front of him with the word BEWARE.

"Alright! Everyone clear out now. Get a teacher here and cover your eyes. Leave it to the student council." Rouge said, taking out a black arm band and pulling it up his left arm. He had noticed the body hung in front of the window, but he might damage evidence if he covered it with magic for the sake of protecting the minds of his fellow students.

It did cross his mind that he was also a student, but he was their Vice President first.

There was a head placed on a nearby wooden desk with an eerie grin. It had no nose. He took out his student hand book. Seeing the sign outside of the class, he quickly deduced the identity of the student.

'Dei Dara. Interested in art. Thinks- no thought it should be a bang.' The way of murder was messy, blood and gore everywhere. All of the students had cleared the door but one girl still stood there. He hadn't seen her before, but he was sure to run an eye over the new registration papers.

"Are you okay?" He asked, stepping front of her to block her view. 'Damn, where are the teachers?'

[Hehe, sorry Banana-san, but I had a fun idea xPP For the sake of my messing with you, I'll assume Rouge touched some blood on the objects or body.]

"Sakila!!!" Garnet followed the girl and the scream, rushing up the steps past fleeing first-years and rubbernecking students. Along the way her short orange hair was messed up even further by her constant bumping into others and disregard. Her boots crashed against each step until she reached the floor everyone was leaving. "Hey!" When she finally caught sight of the girl, she saw her standing stock-still with a shocked look on her face. There was a decapitated, needlessly gored-up body in the room, near a blackboard reading, "Beware." There was also a strange guy standing right in front of Sakila whom she'd glimpsed earlier, and his hands were smeared with clotted red the color of his hair. 

Putting events together in possibly the most conclusion-jumping way she could have, Garnet decided this weird redheaded man was a threat. Her yellow eyes narrowed at the suspicious figure. When she got close enough, she summoned flame around her hands and grabbed the arm of the unsuspecting boy, pulling him into a judo-style throw. Ignoring anything he may have said, the girl turned to her acquaintance. "Sakila, you okay?!"

Rouge was not amused. Landing on his two feet as he was somersaulted through the air, he turned around and saw the new arrival. Another new student.

"Hello, aside from a craving to throw a member of the student council across the room, may I ask why you are here?" Rouge asked pleasantly. The tomboy looked at him in surprise. A student council member? boy was she in trouble. She noticed that his shirt was barely showed any signs of her fire magic. He caught her staring at it.

"Can you please take this poor girl away at least? I'll let your behavior slide, Ms.Wisteria."

Garnet stared at the council member warily before putting out her flames and taking Sakila's arm. Seriously, the one day I try and avoid trouble... 

"I heard a scream, an' she ran up the stairs, so I followed... I guess the student council knows everybody's last names by face?" She turned to go, adding, "C'mon Sakila, Misaki's waiting for ya." 

"Actually, I'm the only one who does. Just contact me if you need anything. You can get my cell number from any student on campus or ask me if you're interested. Vice President Rouge." he introduced before walking up to them.

Garnet watched in fascination as he took out a roll of wide, thick white tape and spread it across the door in a zigzagging pattern. He took out a marker and wrote "Do Not Cross - Rouge".

"I need to go to the staff room. It's strange that no teacher has arrived yet." He explained. The traced his fingers over the tape slightly.

"Uh, okay..." Garnet took one last look at the neatly labeled tape before taking her leave. It was kind of strange that no staff had yet noticed the chaotic scene.

With a sigh she led Sakila down the stairs to where Misaki and Devin were standing, listening in case the girl said something, but otherwise lost in thought.

Whispers of a name... What could this student have been involved in that led to this? A 'top' school like this should be a safehaven, not to mention the profound lack of visible magic traces at the scene. Then she remembered the word scrawled on the blackboard, and the book she'd peeked at earlier that morning. 

Beware, huh? Could this involve Ein's forewarned Walpurgis Night? Or am I looking too far into a weird murder?

Rouge couldn't believe it. All the class teachers had gone home. The principal was also away on business. Where the hell was that fancy boy Chills? he had no idea.

It would be one hell of a night. The dorms needed protection. The murderer could still be lurking around. He went to the dorm and found out Aster had an appointment with a certain blue-haired person.

"Dinner is at eight, so I suppose going at seven wouldn't hurt. But I've got an emergency on my hands. The other Student Council members have gone home, I'm the only one left in the campus. Say, how good are you at magic?" Rouge asked Aster who was busy unpacking his bag which Rouge had brought yesterday.

"Magic?" Aster said.

"You were able to teleport within the school. And teleportation in a fever like that isn't easy." Rouge remarked.

"I don't know. I never compared myself with others. But I can pull of A-Rank spells of all elements except for earth. Those were my limit." Aster sighed.

"I like you already. The coffee is beneath the bed. Make sure to drink three cups, you'll be up with me all night." Rouge said casually. Aster just looked at him and sighed.

"I'm going out. I need to eat." Rouge gave him the directions for the cafeteria and Aster was on his way.

Garnet blinked and looked at Misaki, Sakila, and Devin as a pair of footsteps echoed down the steps. "Uh, somethin' weird was goin' on up there. There was a body an' some kinda warning. It's been taped off by a guy called Vice President Rouge." She glanced at Sakila, who appeared to be coming out of her shock. "Should we get 'er somethin' to drink?" she asked, addressing Misaki. Her stomach growled loudly, and she scratched at a scar on her cheek, adding with a cough, "We STILL haven't found the lunchroom..." 

Sakila had slowly come out if her shock, readjusting her thoughts.

"Someone died," she whispered, licking her lips. "I-I-it's not anyone I know, I don't think...But, I... I..." She shuddered slightly and pulled her coat tighter to herself. "An-anyways... We should probably get to the lunchroom, right?"

She grabbed her bags from the floor and slung them over her shoulders. She made sure not to look at the other three and turned toward the general direction of the lunchroom, hoping they'd follow. Her thoughts were still racing and she felt her chest tightening. She bit her lip and tried not to overthink it. After all, the incident itself had nothing to do with her, right?

But that smile. Those eyes. Those words.

They were like a sign. Look at me. This is what will happen to you. It was like a premonition. She almost felt like she'd die too.

"Irrational," she said to herself as she arrived at the lunchroom. "Everyone else saw it as well. They must be feeling the same way." But she couldn't shake the thought. 

"Can I see someone's phone," she asked, turning around.

"Kavin, what is the meaning of this? I am on a important mission and I did mention I will not be interrupted." Tonate appeared cross in the image of the Communication Crystal. "And using the Communication Crystal as well; I assume you have a very important matter. Speak."

"I'll spare you the extraneous details and grant you the knowledge that we have successfully kept within the school. A person has been murdered upon campus." Even upon mentioning the murder, Kavin maintained a cool facade.

"Bah, you interrupt me with such little news? I assume it was another magic duel or grudge gone wrong. Don't waste my time again." Tonate appeared ready to disconnect the magical channel connecting the two, but then Kavin raised his hand.

"Hold it for just a moment. There is one other thing regarding this situation. Upon examination of the body, we found something very unusual: there were no traces of mana on the body."

"Of course. Any murderer would wipe the body of all traces afterwards."
"That is not quite the same case, Headmaster. By traces, I mean the mana that should be present in the victim's body, but is not. In other words, the victim had the mana drained out of him."

Tonate appeared deep in thought. "Very interesting," he finally said. It was an interesting occurence, since it was said to be impossible to empty one's mana resevoir completely.

"And I admit it is highly unusual to consult the Oracles for this matter, but the supposed Spirits apparently kill in a matter like such. They drain the mana from human vessels and leave them cold."

"The Oracles. Mm. Well, the sheer similarities between the Oracles and the current events going on in the world right now cannot be denied. Now, see here, Kavin, this is classified knowledge, but murders like the one you have described have been going on across the world."

"That is quite unusual," Kavin noted.

"And more importantly, the output of human magic spells has been drastically increasing, far more than expected." Tonate had a grave expression, as well as Kavin. They both knew what this meant.

Tonate cleared his throat. "Now, the Oracles also mention a Great Spilling, where eventually the sheer amount of mana being used by humanity will overflow and cause a great catastrophe. Supposedly, higher levels of magic are one of the signs of the Great Spilling. This is...quite an urgent affair. I will return to Gretchen as soon as possible."

"Most certainly, sir. I will anticipate your arrival." Kavin bowed, and the connection cut off. Kavin resealed the Communication Crystal within its box on his desk, and then waited for the rowdy students.

========================================

Communication Crystal

A special magical crystal mined from the earth. Two crystals, if bound to each other, can allow the bearers to communicate with each other. However, the crystal has a short life-span, and is very rare, which contributes to its value.

The Oracles

A collection of hypotheses regarding the ominous message behind Ein's Revelations. It is the collection of all knowledge regarding the Spirits, the rumored Walpurgis Night, and the Great Spilling. A small collection of magicians have been working tirelessly on the Oracles, poring through piles of magical tomes for answers.

Spirits

Ephemeral entities that supposedly kills humans by draining their mana. They are also completely unaffected by magic, or by any physical attack.

Walpurgis Night

Little is known regarding this mysterious entity, but many magicians working on the Oracles suggest that it is a super-Spirit of some kind.

Great Spilling

A theory regarding the coming of Walpurgis Night.

Supposedly, mana expended to cast spells does not all convert into the spell, and some mana leaks out of the spell and collects in the earth. As more mana collects, this 'pot of magic' begins to boil, causing strange phenomenon, such as earthquakes, volcanos, storms, strange lights, and the amplication of spells. When the 'pot of magic' cannot contain any more mana, the pot is said to overflow, releasing all the mana.

According to Oracle magicians, Walpurgis Night will come when this overflow occurs, attracted by the vast reservoir of mana.

Misaki paced nervously as she waited for Sakila and Garnet to get back. Are they ok? I hope nothing bad happened... 

At the sound of footsteps she turned around, finally letting out the breath she hadn't realized was being held in. "Uh, somethin' weird was goin' on up there. There was a body an' some kinda warning. It's been taped off by a guy called Vice President Rouge." Garnet said as she glanced at Sakila, who appeared to be coming out of her shock.

"Should we get 'er somethin' to drink?" she asked, addressing Misaki. Scratching at a scar on her cheek, she added with a cough, "We STILL haven't found the lunchroom..." 

As soon as she heard dead body she was at Sakila's side. With a hand placed on her back, she asked gently, "Do you want something to drink? Maybe to eat?"

"Someone died," the girl whispered, licking her lips. "I-I-it's not anyone I know, I don't think...But, I... I..." She shuddered slightly and pulled her coat tighter to herself. "An-anyways... We should probably get to the lunchroom, right?"

She gave a smile, albeit a weak one, and nodded. Slipping her hand into Sakila as a way to make sure she didn't wander, she led everyone to the cafeteria.

As they entered the lunchroom, she heard Sakila say to herself, "Irrational... Everyone else saw it as well. They must be feeling the same way." 

Worry took over. Oh god maybe letting her come here was a bad idea? Maybe I should have taken her to her room? Maybe-

"Can I see someone's phone," she asked suddenly, turning around.

A phone was in the girl's hand only seconds later. "You know you can always use mine," Misaki said.

Sakila was grateful for Misaki's comfort. She gave her a small smile and whispered a quick "thank you" before shuffling over to the corner. Quickly dialing a familiar number, she placed the phone to her ear and waited. After about five or so rings, someone picked up.

"Hey, Misaki, Sakila left a while ago. She shou—"

"It's me, sis."

"Sakila? Why are you calling me? And on Misaki's phone?"

"I dropped my phone into a pond on the way to grandma's..."

"Grandma lives in the middle of one if the most urbanized settings in the world. How on earth did you manage to find a pon—Ah, it's useless. So what's up?"

"Nothing... Just wanted to hear your voice..."

"That's unusual..."

"I know..." What was that? Sakila squinted her eyes at the window opposite her. Was it a cloud? It seemed like some kind of discoloration in the sky. She tried to concentrate on what her sister was saying but her eyes kept drifting back to the strange thing in the sky.

"Listen, sis. I'll call you back. I have to go. I love you."

"You've been acting strange. Call me as soon as you get a chance. I love you too."

The line went dead and Sakila shoved the phone into her back pocket carelessly. She made her way back to Misaki, her eyes still focused on the window. The cloud was definitely getting bigger.

"Better?"

"Huh? Oh, yes." Sakila blushed a bit before remembering. "Ah! Your phone, here. Thanks."  Her eyes drifted back to the window.

"Something's still wrong, right? You can te—"

"Misa-chan, what is that?"

"What's what? What do you mean?"

"That! In the window, what is that?" The cloud thing was getting bigger—rapidly. In fact, it had nearly doubled in size in less than a minute. It was...it was getting closer. The incident from before coupled with the fast-approaching threat was making Sakila hysterical. She grasped the arm of a passerby. "Hey! Do you see that?!"

"Wh-what? What are you talking abo—"

"Sakila, stop! What's wrong?!"

"Hey, Sakila?!"

"What's wrong with this girl?!"

It was coming straight at them.

"MISA-CHAN, MOVE!"

Her hands worked automatically, shoving the worried Misaki away with as much strength as she could muster. She could only glance at the girl as she was caught by someone. Flipping her head back toward the window, she only had time to register that the thing had approached before she heard the sound of shattering glass.

For a second, everything was silent. No one moved as tiny pieces of glass came down like crystalline snowflakes. It came.

It seemed to stop in front of her for an eternity, staring her down. It's face was gnarled and inhuman. Eyes, noses, mouths—its face seemed to drift in and out of focus. The rest of its body was a wispy black shadow.

"It beginsssss..." It croaked.

"It will end," she whispered back.

And then that "eternity" returned to a simple split-second. Almost as if she'd never seen that creature in the first place. A sharp pain pierced the left side of her chest follows by the rest of her body. Large shards of glasses embedded themselves into her skin in various places, staining her white coat crimson. 

She was sent reeling back, a trail of blood following her. 

"Sakila!"

It didn't hurt.

"What happened?!"

"Someone call Chills!"

"Like, oh my gosh! The blood! Look! It spells out, 'It begins'!"

"Sakila! Open your eyes!"

She wasn't there anymore. They were all so far away. She was being forced to leave.

It will end, she thought.

"Ew, what's happening to her body! It's like all her blood is draining out!"

"She looks like a zombie!"

"Sakila!!!"

It will end. Make it end.

She couldn't hold on any longer.

Set me free.

She let go.

Garnet sighed and shoved her hands in her pockets, closing her eyes. She still couldn't figure out anything about that scene. There was no sense of magic, and no way the killer would have gotten away without leaving a trail of blood behind... No person could have committed that murder and gotten out, cleaned himself up, dodged suspicion, and either escaped campus or hidden without having been noticed...

With a start, she looked up at the sound of glass breaking and screams.

"Sakila!"

"What happened!?" 

"Someone call Chills!"

"Like, oh my gosh! The blood! Look! It spells out, 'It begins'!"

"Sakila! Open your eyes!"

"Hey!" The girl dashed away from the stairwell and pushed her way through the crowd, only stopping to kneel beside the fallen girl. "I dunno what's goin' on, but I've dealt with wounds before... Sorry if it hurts a bit, but I'm gonna try an' help..." I wasn't just a fighter. I was also the go-to for first aid. After all that, it's no surprise I know so much. Garnet took a bobby pin and swept her orange bangs out of her eyes, pinning them back before removing the once-white coat from the girl. Luckily there was no glass beneath her to be wary of. Taking a deep breath, she focused her attention on the glass shards sticking out of Sakila's skin. She coursed small amounts of fire through them, attempting to cauterize the larger wounds and prevent more blood loss. In the process, each piece of broken glass lifted from her and dropped away. The smaller ones that barely leaked any red were treated with her bandaids and antibiotic ointment. Working more delicately around the girl's face, she hurriedly picked shards out of her skin and focused mana on the areas, hoping a trick she'd used a few times would work again. She let traces of magic into the wounds and the girl's mind, hoping it could help with recovery, and closed her eyes. Beyond herself, Misaki, and the milling crowd of panicked students, there had been another presence... It didn't feel solid or even totally real, but it was one of the most negative things she'd felt in a long while. "Don't touch Sakila," she whispered. "Or the others... I'll find you. Then the fight begins." 

What the...? Did I just say that? Aloud? Stupid... SIghing at her assumption that this was more than an accident, she wiped away the blood with one of her spare cloths and felt the pulse on the side of Sakila's neck. Unsteady, slow, but there, it was a hopeful whisper. Checking that the bleeding had stopped, she took her tube of burn cream from the bag she always carried, shaking it. There was still plenty. Working quickly and as delicately as possible, she applied the ointment to the cauterized gashes, totally silent and for once entirely focused. I swear you'll be okay, so when you wake up, smile for Misaki, 'kay? You're giving her a heart attack over there... Glancing at the other younger girl, Garnet gave her a thumbs up, again monitoring Sakila's pulse. She ignored the shaking of her hands at the feeling of the other girl's blood and took her other spare cloth from her bag, wiping the red from Sakila's face and exposed skin before glaring at the message left in the same color. 

[And then I make bad Bane references and try to convince you to live... Yeah... Stop dying! DDX ]

Garnet sighed. There was no more she could do without creating complications, and Sakila's pulse was dropping rapidly. What could have done this?! Despite her violent past, she'd never had someone die in front of her like this. Even in her back-alley dueling days this hadn't happened. She'd always been able to patch up others, herself, life... but this girl was different. Whatever had done this was not human. Not even a mana-wielding human... 

Mumbling to herself, Garn brushed glass from her skin and shook her head. Resolved to destroy whatever had attacked the girl, she looked up at Misaki helplessly, now scared for Sakila's life. "What do I...?" As she asked, the pulse of the young girl lying beside her ceased, and she froze.