Detective Conan World
DetectiveKir

Which dead Black org member would you have liked to see more of: Calvados, Pisco or Tequila?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Black Organization member would you like to know more about?

• Calvados
    • Pisco
    • Tequila

I'm specifically talking about the coded members for the purpose of this thread. As I'm sure everyone would like more info on the Miyano family.

Regarding Calvados, and most of the snipers that work for the Bo, I've always been intrested in just how many assassinations they end up doing. I've also been curious as to who the organization usally targets in these assassinations ( as we've only seen one), because most people seem to be targeted up close rather than using snipers.  Also Calvados' relationship with Vermouth always intrested me, even though  she was using him, because we've seen that Vermouth rarely has any genuine interaction with Org members outside of Bourbon. I wonder if Calvados worked with Vermouth in a lot of the crimes in America she committed, which got the Fbi on her tail. And Calvados seemed to have a pretty close relationship with Chianti, judging from her hostility towards Vermouth.

I would have loved to see more from Pisco, because of how long he's been in the organization. Since he's been in the organization for so long, he probally has a wealth of information on the organizations practices and goals that could only be built up from serving for such a long period. He also seemed to have a relationship with Ai's parents, so he's probally been in there long enough to understand fully how the drug evolved (The original goal) and reached the point it is today . Also his involvement in financing the BO's operations, as the Chairman of a major car company, was something I wished to hear more about, as the Bo's sources of income always have interested me.

Tequila was always one of the more interesting characters to me, because he seemed to be the man in charge of the BO's computer program agenda. Outside of the game company murder case, Contact with the Bo, and a mention in the mystery train arc, we have no information about what the Bo is using computer programmers to obtain. So I would have loved to hear more and see more, of his interactions with these computer programmers. I mean when you're talking about a major programmer claiming he wouldn't complete a project for humanity's sake, it's really something that you want expanded on.

• Upvote 2

Probably Pisco since he was the deepest into the Org and most connected with the overarching plot. He also occupied a position no other members we have seen belong to: fundraising. I think it would be interesting to know how the Organization gets involved in legal enterprises, like companies. Also since Pisco was old he may have been one of the earliest members. There may be a story there.

Calvados would be my second pick, because I would like to know how Vermouth entranced him and how Calvados got along with Korn and Chianti...

Tequila was involved in the Itakura blackmail, but other than that he seems to be a grunt. He'd only be interesting if his Osaka accent was because the Black Organization had bases of operation in the Kansai region (i.e. stuff for Hattori to look into.).

• Upvote 6

I always though Pisco's death was the dumbest out of the three, because it could have been easily avoided if Vermouth and him had simply worked together. There was never any reason for Pisco to handle both the assassination, and finding Sherry, with Vermouth there. 

• Upvote 3

I also thought I like to see more of Pisco. Calvados was just another sniper (snipers tend to have boring developments, imo), and the affair with Vermouth aside, I had zero interest in him. And Tequila is just brute muscle, what is there to see?

Like Chekhov said (taking the words right out of my mouth), Pisco occupied a role that no other Borg seen before, or since, occupied: fundraising. And that honestly fascinated me, because how an organization makes and uses their money can tell a lot about the nature of the organization. How do they get their money? Hit jobs (probably, but still)? What about that APTX, could that be a potential "job" for the Org for a monetary reward? More subtle methods? Hacking? Phishing? Or donations (lol)?

How is the money used? Pay off politicians? Attain research materials (admit it, APTX would take a hella money to develop, and the gear as well)?

Is the money used to pay the operatives? Or, perhaps, are the operatives unpaid? And in the latter case, why? Is the organization idealistic in nature? A simple glance into the economic branch of the organization can, I believe, shed a lot of light about the nature of the Org.

• Upvote 2

I think more than being interested in Tequia as a character, I'm interested in what he was primarily involved with, which was the computer program "that shouldn't be complete for the sake of humanity". As he's only been referenced in regard to the computer programmers. 

For me, it would be Tequila; purely because every time he is mentioned my brain immediately goes to, "What a waste of a good code name!!"  I mean, tequila is it's own type of liquor (unlike how sherry, chianti, and vermouth are all types of wine, and calvados and pisco are types of brandy), so I expected him to be a major player like Gin and Vodka.  Unfortunately that was not the case and he died after we learned like 3 things about him.

And as for Pisco, I feel that his life was so deeply engrained into the org that anything more than a few flashbacks with him (if Gosho decides to do that) may give out more information on the org than the manga's pacing allows.

I'd love to know more about Pisco. As Chekhov has said, he may be one of the earliest members of the Borg, and he seems to have a pretty good position in the Organization. He seems close to Anokata(I think) and also to Ai's parents. He probably knew Shiho from when she was still a child, and knows much about Ai's family and her past as well. Again, he's also one of the earliest members of the organization, so he must've known much about the inner workings of the org (its main goal, etc.)

I'm also quite interested in Calvados. I want to know more about his relationship with Vermouth, since he seems to have been with her for quite long.

I would have liked to see more of Pisco as well, he not only occupied the fundraising branch of the Organization, but he appears to the be one of the oldest members, the info he had would have provided more into the Black Organization, especially what APTX was originally used for and possibly what happened to Shiho's parents, and maybe even the real identity to Anokata.

Tequilla  as well since he seemed to be a part a of the computer program the Organization wanted, and I would want to see how it plays in with the story.  Plus since he seems to be from the Kansai region, there's a chance that there were BO crimes committed in Osaka and the surrounding area, letting Heiji play a bigger part in the story.

Calvados, well we didn't exactly see him, just an outline of a human body with a sniper's rifle, I would have liked him to take a bigger part in the story.

Ano saa... I don't know if this is said yet, but this trio of twisted devils isn't complete. Irish is also a dead member of the Black Organization.

I like Pisco more just because he'd have a lot of juicy information for the Organization's past to Conan if he would be caught.

Well Irish appeared in the movies so technically he's noncanon, unless there will be a new Irish in the series.  

Although I am kind of glad Pisco died, he knew what APTX did to Sherry and even saw her transform back into Ai.  Also he saw Conan, so there is a chance that he or one of the other Organization memebers could put Conan and Shinichi together and kill Conan.

Calvados. I'm interested in his relationship with Chianti and Vermouth. Although Pisco would be more useful plot-wise, since he's one of the more senior members, but I'm more interested in Calvados as a person, while Pisco is just there because of his involvement. Tequila just seems... boring. He's cool and all but I can't seem to find anything striking about him besides being a member ranked near Vodka.