Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Quaterofseabass

What is the message the author is trying to convey

With a story authors and illustrators sends messages to the world by using the words and pictures on the pages of their work. What do you think the message or messages the author and illustrator of Detective Conan is trying to send to the readers?

Some examples:

The importance of friends and family.

Ways to live your life.

That you can make a difference in the world no matter who you are.

The message(s) I think the author and illustrator is trying to convey is take one step towards the future and try not to dwell on the past. Let the present guide you on your journey and the past be a reminder of how far you have come.

I read Gosho said he wants to send the message that murder is inexcusable no matter what. I would understand this if he didn't portray so many murderers as pitiful or even sympathetic, to me it seems he contradicts himself in such a way, since in this case the reader or viewer has to make efforts to judge the murderer harshly. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I read Gosho said he wants to send the message that murder is inexcusable no matter what. I would understand this if he didn't portray so many murderers as pitiful or even sympathetic, to me it seems he contradicts himself in such a way, since in this case the reader or viewer has to make efforts to judge the murderer harshly. Just my opinion.

I also agree with this. The sympathy murderers receive is mostly what ruins the overall message that most would probably think of. It's also probably "crime doesn't pay" or "obey the law."

What if its something like 'the truth is always out there, you just need to take a look at all the possibilities no matter how impossible or bizarre they appear to be'.

It's wrong to try to find one meaning only.

723 episodes, 17 movies, 12 OAVs, do you really think there's one meaning to all this?

There are cases that involve friendship, romance, fun, Japan tours, murder critics, etc. etc.

If this anime was only about punishing murders, I don't think there would be enough audience for the creation of fan forums such as this one.

I kinda thought the message to this series was "Nothing is impossible," since there are sooo many things that back that up.