Detective Conan World
Kaitou1412

Please tell me how this works!!!

Ok so in episode 400, Ran almost finds out that Conan is actually Shinichi.

She makes a few guesses to crack "Conan's" phone lock and finally gets the 4869 because it was "Shi-Ha-Ro-Ku" aka "Sherlock"..

But among the guesses she made, she thought of Holmes in numbers as so: 4062.

How does 4062 become "Holmes"?

Please tell me!!

I thought of all the different possible ways but I just don't understand..

Thanks!

wait... the 1st post said that 4 is shi but the 2nd said that it is ho... which is correct???

maybe it's one of those things where some kanji can have a couple different ways to pronounce them (which is why many times you'll see hiragana printed small above them)

that's just a guess, I don't know if it's right ^_^;;

well considering the fact that there are a lot of different translations for the numbers, that is a reason. I mean, there is older way of counting like, hi, fu, mi, or ichi, ni, san, etc etc etc

i liked the liscense plate number they would've given mouri, i don't remember the numbers but i know it was go go yogo... or go go yoko ^-^ that was funny

Japanese is so weird... Why must they make a lot of pronunciations for a single word???

I dunno, but it sounds much cooler than english ^-^ i want to learn it, badly, I also want to visit japan or maybe do a summer exchange program ^-^

I can understand. The meaning of japanese kanjis but can't read the words out loud... What a shame

oooh, i would love to say teach my some japanese kanji, but uh... i don't think its easy to teach over teh internet >w<