Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Shuukichi Haneda Discussion Thread

If you would argue, then technically Vermouth and Sera don't really know too, but they both do, as shown by thoughts. Akai knows that Ai is Shiho and that Conan is Shinichi, he just does and he doesn't need proof, since he has nobody to convince but himself. It's not a real court case, where you can argue with circumstancial evidence and stuff.

If you would argue, then technically Vermouth and Sera don't really know too, but they both do, as shown by thoughts. Akai knows that Ai is Shiho and that Conan is Shinichi, he just does and he doesn't need proof, since he has nobody to convince but himself. It's not a real court case, where you can argue with circumstancial evidence and stuff.

What I mean is, he is guessing they are so. But have not definitely confirmed his guesses, for example the case with Conan and MG, he doesn't know who she is but had a guess and almost confirmed it when he saw Ai washing off her make up. Shuu believes that Conan is Shinichi, but still as he might be convinced he only read through it based upon knowing two simple facts about Conan that he is too smart for his age and was caught using a gadget, put yourself in  his place, you'd be convinced that Conan is Shinichi but as of now you cannot prove it to yourself.

Except he doesn't really need to. What other conclusion could be reached? That Shinichi asked Conan to impersonate him over the phone? It should be peculiar enough to anyone (especially someone who knows about the BO) that Shinichi seems to have no fear in letting another person, no matter who, do such a thing.

Except he doesn't really need to. What other conclusion could be reached? That Shinichi asked Conan to impersonate him over the phone? It should be peculiar enough to anyone (especially someone who knows about the BO) that Shinichi seems to have no fear in letting another person, no matter who, do such a thing.

A trusted person perhaps..

A trusted person perhaps..

Shinichi/Conan trusts Agasa the most, and even then, he wouldn't ask him to do that. A seven-year-old, no matter how smart? Doubtful, especially if one considers his ego pre-Tropical Land.

Are you saying that Shuichi/Subaru really considered the possibility that Shinichi asked Conan to impersonate him, even with what he seems to know about Shiho/Ai?

He heavily assumes so, but Shuu have no evidence to support his claim even if he is almost certain Conan is Shinichi.

First off, Conan, a 7 year old boy, has intelligence beyond what his physical appearance would seem to imply.

He also has the keys to the house of a famous actor, and a famous author, and is willing to let someone else live there in a space that supposedly would not belong to him to offer. 

As Okiya he literally told Ran that he had searched the house for images Shinichi back during the paper planes case to see what the current owner, the son Shinichi, looked like.  

Then there is the fact that Shinichi is rumored to be dead, meaning that no one has seen him in quite a while, but somehow he is able to continue to call Ran to check in on her. 

There was the whole deal about "Kinichi" that Ran made up to try to make Shinichi seem like a normal person, but then Sonoko (I think?) said that Shinichi was a high school detective.

Finally, Okiya caught Conan coming out of the bathroom using a voice changer talking into the phone as Shinichi. 

If Akai already knew about the possibility of shrinking, either from his time in the BO trying to get close to Shiho, or simply from being able to identify Haibara as Shiho (see Halloween Case), then it would not be hard at all for him to come to the conclusion that Conan is Shinichi and covering his tracks by using the voice changer / cell phone combo, and telling others not to bring him up in conversation. If Akai knows what shrinking is, then this would be an easy jump to make. Plus he looked into Conan's face and said "High school detective Kudo Shinichi...."

Plus he looked into Conan's face and said "High school detective Kudo Shinichi...."

There, he was essentially saying, "I know," in a way that wouldn't seem suspicious.

The last thing Shuichi/Subaru wants to do is someone to find this out—why would he try to prove/make claims about this?

• Upvote 1

I don't think having proof actually matters at all. Someone who strongly and consistently believes Conan and Shinichi are the same person is defined as "knowing the truth." That excludes characters like Ran who aren't consistent, but passes characters like Eisuke, Vermouth, and Masumi who can be counted as knowing the truth prior to forcing it out of Conan's mouth.

I don't think having proof actually matters at all. Someone who strongly and consistently believes Conan and Shinichi are the same person is defined as "knowing the truth." That excludes characters like Ran who aren't consistent, but passes characters like Eisuke, Vermouth, and Masumi who can be counted as knowing the truth prior to forcing it out of Conan's mouth.

I agree, Eisuke for example heard the confession from Conan heavily implying himself as Shinichi. But maybe my memory is shaking a little, still I don't recall an episode were Conan's words that he spoke have came to give him away to Shuu.. his actions perhaps, and his manner of speech.. but I don't recall an episode where he does go out of line and implies himself as Shinichi, unless you include the Shinichi's voice mimicking episode where he was caught by Shuu.. 

I agree, Eisuke for example heard the confession from Conan heavily implying himself as Shinichi. But maybe my memory is shaking a little, still I don't recall an episode were Conan's words that he spoke have came to give him away to Shuu.. his actions perhaps, and his manner of speech.. but I don't recall an episode where he does go out of line and implies himself as Shinichi, unless you include the Shinichi's voice mimicking episode where he was caught by Shuu.. 

Then you're talking about a confession scene with him and Shuichi/Subaru—yes, that hasn't yet happened. In fact, we haven't had a conversation between only Conan and Subaru, with them both speaking to each other like Shinichi Kudo would speak to Shuichi Akai—about the BO, etc.

Then you're talking about a confession scene with him and Shuichi/Subaru—yes, that hasn't yet happened. In fact, we haven't had a conversation between only Conan and Subaru, with them both speaking to each other like Shinichi Kudo would speak to Shuichi Akai—about the BO, etc.

Is there any way to look at it??.. Anyways, I think we must have one pretty soon. Since we are nearing the cliamx

Why do you think we are nearing a climax? With Scarlet being fairly recent and the delay because of Gosho's hospitalization, I'm not sure if we'll get one soon.

Why do you think we are nearing a climax? With Scarlet being fairly recent and the delay because of Gosho's hospitalization, I'm not sure if we'll get one soon.

Plotwise, since we are now next to the revelation of Rum, and who's next??

Yeah, but it'll probably be years before we learn Rum's identity, at least three-four more (and that's an optimistic guess considering the seven years it took for the Bourbon storyline to wrap up).

Yeah, but it'll probably be years before we learn Rum's identity, at least three-four more (and that's an optimistic guess considering the seven years it took for the Bourbon storyline to wrap up).

Still considered 'near', if we talk about the entire passed time of DC so far. (21 years old)..

If he appears, maybe—depends on how much of the status quo Gosho wishes to keep intact after this case.

Given that Gosho revealed certain plot information—information that still preserved the status quo upon revelation—during the last two stories with Shukichi and Yumi, we might still be at an impasse.

At this point, though, I'll take any info.

Does anyone think Conan will try to confront Shuukichi in the current case? Probably not though.

Does he have a reason to? So far, Conan never cared about the identity of her middle brother, we don't even know if he suspects Shuukichi.

I think he probably doesn't care. It is because in the Ramen case when Yumi and Sera were calling someone and their calls had a weird synchronicity Conan had that face which means he noticed it surely was odd. Whether or not he is 100% sure if Shuukichi is the middle brother from that, he would have surely pushed Sera, or maybe even Akai if he had any interest at all. However since Conan believes the middle brother is not related to police, FBI, etc. in any way he doesn't really have a reason to be interested in him.

I think he probably doesn't care. It is because in the Ramen case when Yumi and Sera were calling someone and their calls had a weird synchronicity Conan had that face which means he noticed it surely was odd. Whether or not he is 100% sure if Shuukichi is the middle brother from that, he would have surely pushed Sera, or maybe even Akai if he had any interest at all. However since Conan believes the middle brother is not related to police, FBI, etc. in any way he doesn't really have a reason to be interested in him.

I think we may figure this out come the end of the current case.

If Shinichi/Conan sees the marriage registration form, he may see Shukichi's parents' names. If he sees "Akai" in there...

Apologies for the double-post.

Cross-posting from DCTP forums:

Went to http://manhua.dmzj.com/kenan/ to get Volume scans for the sleeves from Volume 67 and Volume 81, as well as the original releases. The site doesn't have Volume 85, so there's just the original file scan of File 899. Does anyone have Volume 85 scans for File 899, Page 2?

File 702

_CH702_00016_zpssfleubxf.png

Volume 67, File 702

Kn067-0051_zps1ahyswbw.jpg

File 899

Kn085-0082_zpsntaylgql.jpg

Volume 85, File 899

File%20899%20Page%2002_zpsqttmtffm.jpg

File 860

_CH860_00016_zpszmxj2vbo.jpg

Volume 81, File 860

Kn081-0083_zps63reuiw1.jpg

I think we may figure this out come the end of the current case.

If Shinichi/Conan sees the marriage registration form, he may see Shukichi's parents' names. If he sees "Akai" in there...

I see, I didn't know that those forms have parent names... in that case why didn't Conan observe it when the old man showed its picture to them? Also knowing Shuukichi he can simply write a fake name imo.