Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Shuukichi Haneda Discussion Thread

The middle brother of Masumi Sera is most probably  Shukuchi Haneda since he seemed to know about Conan's intelligence at what seemed to be their first case together. This implies that he had earlier met him while he was still Shinichi and due to Shukichi's exceptional memory power, he instantly recognised Conan to be Shinichi.

i find it weird that shuuichi (ichi-1), shukichi (ichi-1), and masumi (mi-3). could they (shuuichi and shukichi) be twins? 

... I think you just blew my mind. +1

d43.gif

What if the middle brother Rei Furuya (Tooru Amuro / Bourbon) . Maybe the reason he hates Shuiichi Akai is because Shuiichi had something to do with her photo-29167.jpg  child like appearance . But I really think that the second older brother is Shukichi Haneda , I mean after he won all the Seven Shogi title , every Akai family is shown at the end of the page.

i find it weird that shuuichi (ichi-1), shukichi (ichi-1), and masumi (mi-3). could they (shuuichi and shukichi) be twins? 

Yeah this is what I thought too...

I think it would be cute if Shuichi and Shukichi were twins,they are so different in their behaviour...

Really I can't wait to see the Akai family reunion^^

that shogi match pretty much sealed it. he is the smartest of three.  B)

I personally don't see Shuukichi is that smart,for me he's at the same level as Shuuichi and Conan.

I personally don't see Shuukichi is that smart,for me he's at the same level as Shuuichi and Conan.

I'd say he's at least their level as well.  He's just a bit dorky, like Eisuke, so sometimes it's easy to underestimate him. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah but when Sera compared her two brothers,she said the middle bro is the smart one,and for now Shuukichi isn't smarter than Shuuichi IMO.

Or maybe that's just a way to say Shuuichi is physically stronger than his middle bro...In than case it's true.

Both Shuichi Akai (alias Subaru Okiya) and the little girl (whom Masumi is hiding and looks a lot like her)  seem to have a deep connection with Shukichi Haneda since they closely follow his matches and are ecstatic at his win. The little girl even took the TV remote to bed when the broadcasting Shogi match where Shukichi was to play had been on hold temporarily. The pieces all fit into the puzzle if the little girl is actually someone related to the Akai family by blood and Shukichi is the middle brother.

• Upvote 1

The middle brother is Shukichi Haneda, and to me it's very obvious, the reason why is because: He doesn't look like Sera/Akai as he looks like their father, he is 28, the perfect age for the middle brother since his classmates from high-school are all 27-29, his skin color matches the skin color that the middle brother has, his name is very similar to Shuichi, in Japan they sometimes name children by similar names, he is very smart, smart enough for Sera to put him as smarter than Shuichi(yes, you might think that he isn't smarter than Akai, but the fact is, in the case he was introduced, he showed that he's even smarter than Conan/Shinichi, although in one case, Yusaku Kudo's cold case, Akai clearly outclassed Conan/Shinichi, but at the same time, Akai says that Conan is better than him at making plans, so that makes them equals to me, and for all we know Sera might've not seen the full extent of Akai's intelligence, and that was in the past anyway, people get smarter by time), he trusted Conan from the first case even though he never met him before(as Conan), the middle brother knows about Shinichi since the Wizard is most likely Shinichi, and the middle brother asked Sera about him, since Shukichi's memory is very good, he would remember child Shinichi's face and know that he is Conan, the middle brother also knew of Conan, that fits with Shukichi because he just met Conan a few cases before he messaged her about him, and finally when he won the Shogi tournament, Shuichi seemed happy as he smiled when he read the news, and the unknown child was also very happy in an unusual way after watching the match. While some people say that he can't be the middle brother because he is famous and Sera should know about his whereabouts, the thing is though, Yumi, of all people didn't know that he was a famous Shogi player, despite dating him, and the detective boys including Haibara didn't realize he was the Taiko Meijin until they looked carefully at the video, besides Sera probably isn't into Shogi so she probably doesn't know the Taiko Meijin(which is also why Yumi couldn't figure out that he's the Taiko Meijin).

• Upvote 1

do you think i am right?

note:sorry to reply in 2 consecutive posts but i forgot how to delete posts

I'm sure that Shuukichi is the middle brother but about this, I believe she actually really saw that guy in the newspaper, since she was looking for him and found him later on.

Too be honest I think the similarity between Shuukichi and Moriyama is a case of same-face-itis.

I forgot that scene showed the lump that lives in the bed.

I believe that's supposed to be unknown child right? 

Gosho wrote in one of his Animal Crossing message that Sera called her middle brother "Kichi-nii"

P/S: Hello everyone, I'm a new registered member ^^

Gosho wrote in one of his Animal Crossing message that Sera called her middle brother "Kichi-nii"

P/S: Hello everyone, I'm a new registered member ^^

Hello, welcome to Detective Conan World, and yes, Gosho did give us that hint, given the many other hints about it, it's most likely that them middle brother is in fact, Shuukichi Haneda.

Only two possibilities remain, now (unless the rest of you have any ideas): Shukichi is the middle brother, or a clone of his is going to be. Say what you will about the Bourbon arc, but it never pulled a stunt like the latter possibility.

If the latter possibility turns out to be true, then for the first time, Gosho Aoyama will have disappointed me, and maybe even annoyed me. I'd get over it, but, still...

Only two possibilities remain, now (unless the rest of you have any ideas): Shukichi is the middle brother, or a clone of his is going to be. Say what you will about the Bourbon arc, but it never pulled a stunt like the latter possibility.

If the latter possibility turns out to be true, then for the first time, Gosho Aoyama will have disappointed me, and maybe even annoyed me. I'd get over it, but, still...

Yup, given all the other hints as well, it's clear as day that Shuukichi is the middle brother.

if you said 50% i would have gone like : " its certain that its him"

but 99%, you know

so next on the list would be connecting the family back together

with that sera v ai before

Thing is, only way Shukichi's not the middle brother is if Gosho introduces a Shukichi clone character in the next two files.

You may be surprised to hear this, but if a Shukichi clone is introduced, I'll be disappointed with Gosho... even annoyed. Yeah, that's right—me, who's been defending him so much and trying to justify his decisions. You know it really is the utmost screw up if I'm not even thinking of defending it.

Not even the Bourbon arc pulled such a stunt.

Yes, the next case related to this should begin the Shiho/Ai and Masumi uncover Shuichi's/Subaru's identity arc.