• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

Rose tried to open the door. However, this time it was locked. Not knowing what to do, she found a chair near the door and she sat on it, waiting for either Sophia or Nur to come.

Not so long, later A girl walked and to the room were Sophia, Nur & Rose was staying. She unlocked the door. Rose went to her. "Hi?"

"Hey. Do you happen to be Sophia Or Are you Nur?

"I'm Nur and you are?"

"Rose, Rosie, you name it." Rose smiled."Thanks god you came. I thought I would be stuck here forever"

"Oh come in, you don't have a copy of the key?" Nur was surprised.

"Not yet. You know how lazy I can be." Rose grinned. "Well, have you heard about the woman who got killed in the park? I bet that was one of that Seattle serial killer doings!"

"Really?!" Nur could almost not believe it. "Have they caught that serial killer?"

"No."

"That's horrible. I wonder who is the serial killer."

"Are you kidding me? That's awesome! I've been in a real murder scene!!!" Rose couldn't hide her excitement. "Anyways, I didn't see you in the park, have you been there?"

"Well it was raining, I'm not the rain's biggest fan. But now it stopped, you do know where the park is, right? Do you want to come with me?"

"I don't suggest we do that. They probably closed the park so no one will get out and no one will get in, and it probably won't be open anytime soon. Besides, I've searched for everyone for like two hours. I couldn't find them! So instead, why don't we just relax in this sweet room until we get instructions from Jay?" Rose waited for Nur's answer who did nothing but nod.

The entire trip to the hotel and the park was a winding blur for a Warren. He was distracted and out of it though he didn't know exactly why. Maple Leaf Park's quaint charm was highlighted by the dreary weather which hung low over the group. It wasn't long before it rained, rendering the entire idea of strolling around and taking in the sights unusable. As everyone else turned to go to the shelter, Warren took the time to scan everyone's faces and attach their names to them but that proved to be rather difficult as people were going in all sorts of directions. Before he could reach the shelter, frazzled screams filled his ears causing him to instantly divert his glance to the sources. Seeing that Milan and Aster were the only people who he'd at least exchanged small talk with, he decided to stick with them.

The rest of the day played out exactly like one of the Detective Conan episodes he had religiously watched... or at least the interrogation bits they show. He was pulled away by an officer together with Aster. His companion seemed like he didn't want to talk that much so he offered as much info he could which was dismal. Their belongings where then checked, paving way for the confiscation of Aster's lighter and Warren throwing a mild warning look towards his 'kohai'.

Warren's interest was piqued by the two kinds of reactions the unfortunate incident elicited from his companions. It was either indifference or enthusiasm and even though he could completely understand why they acted the way they did, he couldn't help but contemplate the seemingly lack of sympathy. A person died after all.

As for himself, he really didn't know how he felt. He felt a pang of heartbreak for the dead woman but it was muddled by a sense of lightheadedness, like everything was just one elaborate dream. He shook the thoughts aside and focused on finding Jay upon learning that she witnessed the crime. L's commanding voice averted his attenttion however causing him to see her basically digging her own grave, riling up an officer even more. His instincts took over and he walked over to L, placing a hand on her shoulder with a look on his that could only say 'Maybe you should consider not going through with that.'

With that, they were rounded up and taken back to the hotel leaving behind the site of the surreal murder.

=========================================================

Upon reaching the hotel, Warren sat on his bed. His face conveyed a look of exhaustion and worry. The worry was mostly for Jay. He could only imagine what the trip's organizer felt when she saw the woman falling into a heap, lifeless. Sighing, he took his jacket off and patiently waited for Aster to finish with his shower. He then stocked one of his smaller bags with a mini first aid kit, a package of breath mints, cologne, powder, wet wipes, gloves, a fountain pen and a pad of paper. He couldn't take any chances anymore. Hearing Aster exit the bathroom, Warren immediately entered and took one of the quickest showers he has ever taken. He changed into a gray shawl cardigan over a white shirt and white pants.

"Abdul, right? And... Warren? Do you two want to join me and the others at the cafe to discuss about the case?"  Milan's crisp voice cut through Warren's concentration on drying his hair off and he turned towards the boy with a slight nod and a smile. He still found Milan a tad bit intimidating, just as he expected the well-spoken member of DCW to make him feel like. It's roughly the same thing with Aster. The younger guy seemed as clever as he anticipated.

Before long the three of them were already in the hotel cafe. As with everything that's inside a hotel, it was unnecessarily decorated fancily. He spotted Jay and the others already seated so he immediately went over to them with Aster and Milan in tow. The three of them caught the tail end of what seemed to be an explanation from Jay. He settled between his two roommates but stood up as Jay did after she got the orders of the entire group. He wouldn't let Jay pay for the drinks and he certainly wouldn't allow her to carry the filled cups back to their table. Catching up to Jay, he tapped her on the shoulder and slapped on his default smile. "I'll pay this time around. I've got to at least contribute."

Besides questions were already swimming around in his mind. The crime that happened back at the park was almost too right on the nose with its timing. Their group was there to dabble in investigating the string of murders after all and it just seemed a bit too much of a coincidence for the most recent murder to happen right under their noses. He just got the feeling that people were letting on less than they really know but he decided that it wasn't the time to ask. It's too soon for Jay. He grabbed the two trays of coffee and motioned for Jay to go ahead as he followed suit, his eyes looking more curious than ever.

[[Pardon the wall of text. XD]]

Half an hour later, people start to come into the cafe. Jay started explaining the situation first. When Amber saw that there weren't any more people coming in, she started the session.

"Alright. Let's start." Amber cleared her throat.

"Lilian Rockwell. The murder that started it all." Amber pulled out a newspaper article and placed it on the table. Everyone listened carefully. "She was killed by a single gunshot  through her temple. It was the same situation as today. There were a lot of people nearby when suddenly the woman collapsed. There were many people around but none of them had seen anyone suspicious. All witnesses accounted that they just saw the woman suddenly collapse, with no visible culprit around. James Sterling was appointed to take up this case. At that time, they also searched through everyone's belongings but the weapon was never found. Several suspects were named, but after further investigations, they were cleared of their suspicions and released. A month later, it happened again..."

Amber took another piece of article out. "Bradley Miller. Killed the same way as Lilian Rockwell. Died by a gunshot. Interestingly, it was on a rainy day as well. Besides this, the police could find nothing similar between these two people."

"Another month later, the murder happened again. This time, the death of Philip Fillmore. Again, a rainy day, and no other similarities. Police wanted to determine this a separate murder as the first two, but they found that the bullets matched the first and second murder. Thus, it was determined that it was the same person committing the murder, therefore declaring this a serial killing case. The fourth time, which just happened, was described to you by Jay."

"Even though the police did not publicize, it was pretty obvious that there were similarities." Amber paused for a while. "That it was on a rainy day, and it was committed using a gun. Also, there was a huge crowd during that time... This was always the setting for the murders. This meant that, if we could determine when and where it would rain, where there is a huge crowd, we could look for a person who have a gun and nab the culprit before the tragedy happens. However, there is a problem... And that is, it seems like the murderer is just killing off random people. It makes me shiver to realize, that if the murderer had shifted his target to the person beside the lady, it may have been Jay lying down there instead. So, if we were to go there, I'm afraid we would endanger ourselves instead."

Everyone was silent.

"Alright. Let's not think about this. For now, let's just forget about all that's happened and enjoy our gathering. We have planned activities for these few days, hope you guys will enjoy them. Okay?"

Amber saw that it was close to 6pm already, so she reminded the people to head to the lobby once they are finished with their drinks, they should head to the lobby.

-------------------------------

Moderator Note: 

Please do actively question the witnesses or the police officers or go around the places we have specified to do investigations, as some clues can ONLY be found by questioning them. I'll be nice and give a huge hint to you guys - some people or NPC's can only be unlocked if you question the correct witness/suspect/police/detective.

-----------------

Abdul sat silent after Amber finished her little talk. All on rainy days, always a gun used, 3 females, 2 males. First a woman, then a man. The last one was a woman. 'Maybe the next target would be a man.' He made a note for the future.

"Neechan..." He said softly and turned towards Amber who looked at him curiously. "Amber-neechan?" She then realized and smiled slightly. "What is it, Abdul?" 

"How did Philip Fillmore die, and why did the police wanted to classify it as a different murder?"

Milan was sitting there listening to Amber.

"Is there a way to find out where was each victim shot? I mean, which part of the body. Also, can we find out the exact locations of other murders? Since Lilian Rockwell was shot through the temple, it is hard to imagine that the killer was actually in the crowd. It had to be done from somewhere higher.", he said. Then he turned to Jay: "Sorry to ask but, do you remember the position of the victims body? Possibly after and before she was shot? We may be able to narrow down the number of locations from which the murderer could've done his job if we figure out from which way did the bullet come. Oh and, was there any unusual object on/around the victim? Or anything unusual about the clothes?", he paused for a second. "Other than that, though... Jay, I can't help but think about it... Where did you get all the money from? I can see two possibilities; First, you are just very rich and decided to make a fun trip. Second, some higher-ups actually gave you the money to purposely gather us here hoping that we may actually be able to solve this case. Just a thought, though...", Milan grinned.

"Neechan..."

"Amber-neechan?" Amber realized someone was actually calling her. "What is it, Abdul?" 

"How did Philip Fillmore die, and why did the police wanted to classify it as a different murder?"

"Hmmm... Actually, I have not much information, except that the news was really ambiguous. The weird thing is... It seemed like the news weren't very consistent either. On some news, there weren't even the news of Philip Fillmore's murder. Truthfully, I read about other murder cases, but surprisingly, it wasn't reported under the same category. There are many names for this case, for example -  'Rainman Serial Killing'... Another news reported about Carrie Langley and Lisa Atwood being killed by the same person too but the details for these two were even more ambiguous. I cannot determine if they were killed by the same person, so I didn't bring them out. However, as to which is true, is really ambiguous. Before the third case, the police had never revealed anything about the bullets or the possibility of the killer being the same. Possibly, they didn't want to alarm the public that there was a random killer lurking around, which is why they tried to deny that all three cases have anything to do with each other. Philip Fillmore was also killed by a bullet according to the news report. As for Carrie Langley and Lisa Atwood... I'm not very sure. We could only verify if the news is true or not with the police I guess..." Amber shrugged. "These are all information I extracted from the news. I suppose, we could only verify if these are true with the police themselves."

"I see. Speaking of news, don't they tell what sort of job the deceased person used to do?" Abdul asked.

Amber shrugged. "Nope. As I mentioned, the news was ambiguous, possibly because the police didn't want to release any news. But somehow, I've overheard something interesting from the police during the investigations. It seemed like the most recent victim, Jennifer Starling, is the secretary at Benford Industries... I... think... Couldn't really hear it very well. I've went to search for this place, and it turned out there really is a company like that located in 2144 Washington Road."

Abdul's eyes shone. Amber continued. "Well, I doubt that's helpful though." She shrugged.

"Well, I doubt that's helpful though."

Abdul sighed. "I might as well make sure it's not helpful then." Hm, Benford Industries. 'If anyone could have gotten dirt on her they could have blackmailed her, asked her to come to the park and disposed of her. Or it could have been the other way around. But this is a serial killer we're talking about...Aish!'

"Putting aside this case," he rubbed his temples and addressed Amber. "Any thoughts on meeting me, Neechan?" he asked quietly with a smile. Might as well get to know the other people.

Heikki wasn't sure about anything. He was hungry and he wanted to go and take shower. No he wanted to go to sauna. Luckily this was big hotel and there was normal sauna. There he could think better.

But first he need to know about the gun. Was it revolver, pistol or something other. Maybe it wsn' even normal gun.

He had checed every newspaper for clues but couldn't find anything. There was nothing. He noticed it was already 6:10 pm.

He went to lobby to see others talking. Heikki wanted to ask few things from L.

"Hey Elli. Could we talk a bit." He asked and led her behind a corner.

"Why did you got shotguns? Are you really just having fun in here or are you something more? Not killers but something." he said quietly to L 

[sorry for not being able to write my dad's been on my computer Q-Q]

Sophia headed back to the hotel for a shower after a short interrogation by the police. She was quite surprised something like this would happen on the first day of their gathering, but supposed it did make things more interesting. To be honest, she couldn't care less about the woman's death. After all, dying is simply what people do. What intrigued her more was the murderer's way of killing: by gunshot in a rainstorm with a large crowd. The gun and the crowd made enough sense, as the killer can kill quickly and flee from the scene with all the panicking people. However, why rainstorms? While doing so did make for quite a dramatic scene, it doesn't serve much of a purpose otherwise...unless it helped wash away some important evidence? She stepped out of the shower and put on a pair of jeans and a large grey sweater, deciding it would be best to hear more details before analyzing further. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She listened intently as Jay and Amber explained the murders, including the most recent one. AL asked a few questions and was able to find out about the company Starling works at. Knowing him, he was definitely going to investigate the place, so Sophia simply walked over and muttered "I'm coming with you" before going to the counter for another slice of tiramisu despite her mother's nagging about her high blood sugar. 

"Putting aside this case," Abdul rubbed his temples and addressed Amber. "Any thoughts on meeting me, Neechan?" he asked quietly with a smile.

"Hmm... "Amber shrugged. "I dunno. How about you tell me? That would be more interesting for me." Amber stuck out her tongue in mischief.

Misaki shivered, cold from being rained on and the light wind that had started up. She had already been interviewed by the police and apparently had not been much help, as they stopped only after a few minutes. They told her she could go home, though she really didn't want to try getting back to the hotel without the others. Now would not be the best time to get lost. 

"Do you need a blanket?"

She looked up, seeing an officer with a folded orange blanket in his hands behind her water-covered glasses. Giving a small smile, she answered as she took it, "Yes, thank you." 

He gave a tip of his hat before going to interview other people. She quickly unfolded the blanket and used it to wipe some of the rain off her skin and lens before wrapping it around herself. It helped with the cold a bit, but did nothing from keeping her wet clothes from sticking to her or protecting her exposed legs and face from being hit by the wind. 

"Hello everyone," a smooth, confident voice said, causing her to raise her head that she hadn't realized had been tilted down. A man, dressed in a decent grey suit and practically radiated cockiness but at the same time assertiveness, was standing on a bench.

"I am Inspector James Sterling and am headed with this case."

James Sterling? That sounds familiar... Wait, isn't he the one who's in charged of the Rainman Serial Killings?

"Everyone hold tight. We have a little more questioning to do and luckily, the clouds are passing. We'll keep you updated as to when you are able to go home."

Once he had stepped down from the bench, Amber (who had been talking to a police officer only moments before) made her way over to where the group had congregated. "Alright. We're regretful to have such an unpleasant incident to happen on the first day of our gathering but I hope all of you remain calm and be patient and cooperate with the investigations. Since Jay had a rough day, I'll be taking over for her temporarily."

She smiled over at Jay before continuing, "Alright, now, since we're unable to-"

"Excuse me..." Detective Caleb interrupted. "We will need to conduct a search on your belongings if you don't mind..."

"Huh? I'm sorry Mr. Detective. We would love to cooperate with you on that but I would like to understand why this is necessary?" she asked, clearly looked annoyed at the idea of someone going through her things.

"Well, our investigations had found out that the woman was killed by a single bullet shot through her heart. We've searched the entire park but haven't found any guns or murder weapon. Thus it must be within the belongings of the people."

"Wait sir, could it be, you're suspecting that one of us is the culprit? Look sir, there's no way that any of them are the serial killer! They've just arrived in Seattle today morning!"

"That's true. But it may just be a copycat murder. We wouldn't know... And-"

"Sir! We've got new discoveries!" a uniform informed.

"What is it?"

"We've taken the bullet for investigations and confirmed that it was the same type of bullet as the previous murders."

"... So it's the same murderer huh?"

"See now detective?" Amber responded.

"Right. So we just need to investigate on the four of you then..." He replied as he turned back to the group.

"... Huh!?"

"Well there are four of you who currently stay in Seattle right? And all four of you had been staying here ever since the first murder

happened. So there should not be any problem right."

"Al-alright then..." Amber sighed, still looking reluctant. "So who are the fou-"

"Amber, Mark, Elizabeth and ... Jay. Please step up. Thanks."

All four handed over their bags and of course nothing out of the ordinary was found. "Alright," Detective Caleb said once the bags were returned to their rightful owners. "You guys may go now. However, please do note that we may need to call you back for investigations whenever we deem necessary. And Ms. Jay, we will probably contact you again for your assistance. Thanks for your cooperation."

Ten minutes later, the group was back at the hotel. While standing in the hall of their floor, Amber got a piece of paper from her bag  and looked it over before saying, "Alright. Even though we still have some stuff on our itinery, I'm sure you guys don't mind cancellig those for tonight? I'm sure all of you are pretty exhausted now so we'll be staying in the hotel for the rest of tonight. Well, for those who would like to discuss about the recent incident, you might like to head down to the cafe at the first story half an hour later. I would be doing some recap on the recent events. If not, you may stay in your hotel room until dinner time at 6. Meet at the lobby at 6 later. We'll be bringing you to our dinner location later."

The minute Misaki was in her hotel room, she headed to her luggage and got out some dry clothes. As she made her way to the bathroom, she asked Lily, "You don't care if I take a quick shower, do you?"

Once she saw the shake of her head, she closed the door. A while later, she emerged, wearing something similar to what she had on before, but this time dry and warm. Giving a quick glance around the room, she saw that her roommate was nowhere to be seen. "Did she already head down to the cafe..?" she muttered to herself as she checked the time.

She swore under her breath when she saw that she would be late if she didn't hurry. Quickly, she slipped on some shoes and hurried down to the meeting place. When she entered the cafe, she saw that the others were already seated. Great. I'm late.

Thankfully, no one seemed to be paying much attention to her as she slid into a seat. "You know," someone suddenly said, "There are three things I want to know. First: How fresh the body was. Two: Did someone run away? Three: Did the killer use silencer or little gun? I mean, did we hear gunshot?"

He stopped and started again to write to his notebook. "Oh and someone could make a map of the park?" he added before he got an electronic out and started doing something on it. 

"The body was shot on the scene, it wasn't discovered, the woman was simply murdered. Plenty of people ran away. Not everyone wants to stay at a murder scene." Jay's voice was concise and clear, though a little cold. "The rain was fairly loud at the time so it's difficult to say if there was a clear gunshot. A gunshot is louder than most people expect, so it's logical to assume that the killer may have had a silencer. That doesn't tell you much though. There are no suspects and none of you are acquainted with Seattle enough to do much investigating at this point," Jay answered before saying, "I'll grab everyone some drinks if you guys still want to discuss this."

Everyone went around, saying what they wanted. "I'll have an iced tea," Misaki said.

After everyone who wanted to come was present and had their drinks, Amber explained the basics of the crimes. "... However," she said, "there is a problem... And that is, it seems like the murderer is just killing off random people. It makes me shiver to realize, that if the murderer had shifted his target to the person beside the lady, it may have been Jay lying down there instead. So, if we were to go there, I'm afraid we would endanger ourselves instead."

Nobody spoke.

"Alright. Let's not think about this. For now, let's just forget about all that's happened and enjoy our gathering. We have planned activities for these few days, hope you guys will enjoy them. Okay? And once you're done with your drinks, make your way to the lobby since it's almost six."

Misaki had already finished her drink, but waited for a few people to get up and leave before doing so herself. Her mind were still on the killings as she walked out of the cafe, so she tried her best to push the thoughts aside. I can think about it later, on my own. For now, I should enjoy the company of people I never get to see!

But as she sat in one of the comfortable chairs in the lobby, her mind would stay on nothing but that.

Ari finished his drink and put his laptop on his bag. He walks out of the cafe into the lobby. "If we know the murder's gun, then we could found the culprit. Possibly the serial killer used a silenced pistol."

He looked at everyone as he sat in one of the lobby's chair.

Lily went to the cafe and ordered a milkshake. She silently sipped it and waited for Jay to finish and Anber to start briefing the group about the previous cases. Lily could only find a couple connections:

1. Murders on rainy days

2. Victims murdered in big crowds

She groaned in frustration. How can I figure this out? I'm not Conan... This is real life! She thought about what Amber said about killing people at random. Oh. My. Cupcake. If the murderer was killing people at random, what if he/she had killed Jay?..... Wait.... Maybe it wasn't specifically random.... But I'm clueless.

Lily finished her milkshake and glance at the time. 5:55pm. Oh! I have to meet them soon! she hurriedly walked all the way to the lobby where everyone was waiting. She looked around for Jay, finally spotting her and approached. "Ummm.... I know a lot of things happened recently, but how did you end up at the crime scene the short time we got separated?"

Jay listened to everyone else while they talked about the murder and speculated. A few questions, unsurprisingly, were directed her. Some of Milan's caught her unexpectedly.

Jay laughed when Milan suggested that the higher-ups gave her money to gather the DCW members here to solve the case. "Jennifer Starling was standing up," Jay replied, addressing Milan's first question. I saw her feeding pigeons earlier. The rain started and the pigeons flew off, but she didn't seem to mind. She brushed herself off and had a sort of smile on her face. Then she froze and she fell over. The bullet must've hit a major artery because it spurted onto me. There was nothing unusual about her. She just seemed like a pretty normal woman spending her day in the park."

Jay took a sip of her ice tea before replying to Milan's other, more informal question. "I have my resources," she said simply. "And honestly most policeman would be reluctant to hire any outsiders or amateurs, regardless of how experienced they appear."

The others continued to chat until 5:55 when they began to make their way to the lobby. Jay finished her ice tea and followed them out.

Lily caught up to her and asked her a question.

"How'd you end up at the crime scene in the short time we got separated?"

Jay shrugged. "Everyone was heading towards the rain shelter. I was making sure that everyone was heading over and I saw Starling sitting on the bench. It was odd, she didn't have an umbrella even though rain is a common occurrence here and she was sort of just sitting there. I was wondering what was wrong and started going over when she stood up. Then she was shot and well, you know the rest."

After listening to Jay's answer, Lily arrived at the lobby and saw her roommate sitting in one of the chairs. She walked over and said "Hi" quietly before sitting next to her and playing music. While listening she thought: Why would Jay gather us? It should have been the higher-ups to do that.... Thinking about Milan's comment, Lily wondered Maybe they really want us to solve the case, but they wouldn't involved us in it as victims, right?

Rose laid on the bed and tried to have a nap, somehow she couldn't sleep. Something was on her mind. She was so excited about meeting the DCWorlders that she was afraid if she slept she'd wake up in her room and that it will be just a dream.. So Instead she took her phone, and started to surf the net. She received a new message from IU, asking if she would like to join her and the others in the cafe to discuss the murder and then meet them in the lobby at 6. Rose didn't really like to discuss murders, she'd much rather see them. Action over words! so she decided to meet them later at 6. She turned her phone off & spent the time reading some magazines she brought with her.

At 5:50, she decided to head to the lobby. She sat down, waiting. Five minutes later, a group of people head her way. "You must be the DCWorlders." She smiled. "What did I miss?"

Elli stared at Heksu, suppressing another yawn. "Why do I- what? Shotgun?" Like I sat shotgun in the car? Or does he mean a firearm? Her frown returned, and she glanced at the group around the corner. "Okay, what do you mean? If you're talking about the word Winchester that the police put on the list of my belongings, that's my pocketknife, made by the company. And I own a rifle, not a shotgun. I'm not old enough or advanced enough in police training to get a handgun where I live. And obviously I don't have a concealed carry permit yet, the rifle's for home protection. I gotta rely on martial arts an' pepper spray." She scratched her head, somewhat out of it still and not really knowing the question. "If you want to know what I am, I'm a writer, an actor, an artist, and a future police officer. I dabble in too many things. That answer your question?" 

(Elli: You forgot about my post above...)

Ari interfered both of them, "Well, I really have firearm. But it for my personal defense along with some automatic pistol. I only use them if a massive riot happened."

"Me? I would say I was highly mistaken when I said you looked over 20 years old." He mused, wondering why she was sticking out her tongue. She could have been a middle school student if he she wasn't behind the DCW Forum sign at the airport. Just then, Aina (AiSuigetsu) walked near him and whispered "I'm coming with you." 

So he had partner already? it would be helpful, it's not like she liked to sleep much anyway. He could save the trouble of actually going to the place; this was an organized country. The industry probably had a website he could check overnight if he wasn't up listening to songs before catching sleep in one or two hours of dawn.

"Aw," Amber pretended to be hurt "But I'm 8. Or 10. Maybe 15." Her voice changing from a bit childish to mature with each sentence. "Sure." he made himself sound sarcastically convinced. "By the way, do have any method of self-defense?" He might have been worried about her more than others. No one knew.

((No problem xD Mis-communication is part of becoming friends xD))

Elizabeth broke out into a grin. "Okay, sorry. I'm pretty sure you meant riding shotgun..." She scratched her head, the smile looking odd but not forced. "Well, uh, the four of us who sat up front in the cars were in charge of putting this thing together. I mean it was mostly IU, I just figured it'd be fun. I can't actually drive, so I ended up in front with Mark when we drove. Though I don't really know any of 'em very well. I prob'ly should've talked to 'em more..." She trailed off, then sighed, "Sorry, tangent." Hearing Ari's question, she reached out to shake Heksu's hand, but ended up awkwardly slapping it like a high five and turning to the other member. "I'm not sure of the caliber. I didn't get to see the wound, and I'm not big on researching the technical stuff. I focus on the psychology of the cases... not that I've been involved in many." She smiled awkwardly again, aware of her lack of communication skills. "Er, what I mean's I don't know. I would assume it's not some little .22, but I'm real behind of the hard info." L looked around at the group. How many were excited for the case? She didn't get excited, but she knew the murder hadn't fazed her. She'd been desensitized for a long time. No one looked in shock of scared, so she figured that was a plus. She watched Amber talking to Banana-san. Eh, he has a real name, but... I can't get the screen names out of my head... ^^"  "Ah-" There's Amber, Rose, Nur, Mark, Sophia, Lily Jay, Ari, Abdhul... Elli remembered having seen Mi-chan earlier, and figured she should find out his name too. "Maybe I'll just stick with screen names..."  For some reason, she couldn't seem to focus on the case. To be honest she couldn't much focus on anything at the moment, but something about the situation gave her a chill. Well, that was probably from the rain...