• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

Rain was never Amber's favourite weather. She wiped the droplet of water away with a tissue and took out and umbrella from her bag.

She saw that the rest too, started taking out their umbrellas in view of the change in weather. From within her bag, she also carefully pulled out a plastic bag and tied it onto the handle of her umbrella, and stuffed a handkerchief and some tissues into her right pocket.

Not before long, the rain started to fall more heavily as the rest of the people, who hasn't got out their umbrellas, rushed to take them out.

"Let's head to the rain shelter on the other side of the park!" One of them suggested and the rest of the group agreed.

Due to the rain, people started to panic, and the park seemed to be suddenly flooded with running people, all trying to escape the rain.

Amber stood up and was about to head for the shelter, but she had some difficulty because she had to try and avoid the incoming human traffic. Because of that, she was separated from the group in front.

Luckily for her, she was not alone. She had company. There's this grumbling guy behind her struggling with his umbrella.

"...You won't be able to open it if you're so impatient and trying to force it up. The metal will break you know..." Amber said to the guy behind her who seemed to be pretty violent with his umbrella. After he calmed down a little, and opened it slowly, he finally got it open, but of course, getting himself a little wet. He seemed to get real irritated just from getting himself wet. He mumbled something soft which Amber didn't catch before starting to walk. Amber offered him some tissues which he accepted.

Suddenly, there was a change in atmosphere in the park. Then, a few screams could be heard. People started to swarm towards a certain area which was pretty close to them in the park. Amber and her companion realized that something had happened and rushed towards the direction the people were heading. When she reached, she could see, just why there was such a huge commotion.

Someone was dead.

And that is not all.

Right beside the dead body, was someone they are very familiar with, stained with the blood of the victim.

~~

Within half an hour, the police had arrived and had taken the situation under control. All of the members have been rounded up for questioning and many of the public who was involved were also detained there for further investigations. Due to the rain, all of them were gathered under the rain shelter and everyone had to undergo a set of questionings. However, after all the questionings the police were still unable to find anyone with a motive or anyone suspicious enough to the culprit, except for this one person covered with the blood of the victim.

With this 'unexpected' turn of events, everyone from DCW has been dragged into this complicated, crazy, and mysterious murder case...

~~~

Note:

And so... the mystery begins.

Don't worry if you did not understand what just happened. Another mod (or me) will explain what just happened and describe the situation in more details in a later post. And don't worry, the dead person is definitely not you (at least not now, that is...:P). I'm sure you're wondering who is the person beside the dead body? This... will be explained in a later post. You just have to act and post normally until then.

You have just (indirectly) witnessed a murder case happening right after you reach your destination. You know your luck was never very good, but this is just too much. Is this case related to the recent murders you've heard so much about happening in Seattle? Or is this a separate case on its own? Whatever it is, it's not something pretty which you would like to see, especially on your long awaited vacation. You're pretty shaken during that time when the murder happened but now, you're determined to find out what happened. Unless otherwise specified, your role now, is the role of a (self-hired) detective, and your duty, is to find out about the murderer, how he/she/they committed the crime, the evidence of the murder, and basically, the truth.

Clues? These will come up in a while. By the way, just so you know, some of the clues will be included within the story, some of them will be released by the "police", and some of them, you'll have to obtain them by questioning the witnesses (which we, mods, will control). Who are the witnesses you ask? Well, the list will be coming up in a short while as well. (Police do not work that fast either you know :V). For now, you just have to role play as you normally would. Enjoy~ :P

Suspect/Witness #1: Jay

Blood splatters on Jay's shirt, her eyes widening as the redheaded woman collapses in front of her. Her umbrella clatters to the ground, the pale blue rolling and soaking in the red.

There are screams in the background and people run around in a frenzy. Jay stands there, staring at the woman in front of her. She doesn't move and simply stays put. You're not sure if she's stunned or numb or if she's composing herself or can't handle it. After what seems like forever, Jay takes a few steps backwards and turns towards you. You can't make out the look in her eyes, shock or anger or sadness or a plea for help. Her fists clench slightly like she's trying to hold something in. She doesn't pick up her umbrella again, instead standing in the rain and allowing herself to be drenched.

Someone's dialed 911 and the sirens blare in the distance. Just moments later, the police are there.

Unsurprisingly, Jay is the first one to be questioned.

The police don't handcuff Jay. Instead, they wipe her down and have her sit down. She seems a little out of it, though whether that's because she had something to do with it or not, you can't tell. You'd like to believe that she hasn't done anything...but you don't really know her, do you? An orange blanket is put over her shoulders and she sits there, answering the police officer's questions quietly and quickly. You can't make out what she's saying. Meanwhile, the entire section of the park has been sealed off. The police are worried that some of the passerbys may have left the crime scene and quickly issue out a message asking anyone with any information to step up.

You are questioned as well, though the police dismiss you quickly once realizing that you do not come from around Seattle. That leaves you with time on your hands--too much time. The police say you can go, but you don't know the hotel well enough and you're not ready to leave without the rest of your group. A brown-haired Detective Caleb goes around questioning everyone else as well.

Instead, you turn your attention to the news. The words "Mysterious Serial Killer Strikes Again!" catch your eye. As you scan the headlines, you notice a few details about the previous murders.

The first murder was of a woman named Lilian Rockwell. She died over two months ago from a single gunshot in the middle of a rainstorm. You frown. The second murder occurred about a month ago and was the death of a Bradley Miller. The final murder occurred only a few days before you arrived and resulted in the death of Philip Fillmore. No suspect has emerged over this period of time except for the fact that all murders were done in broad daylight during a rainstorm of some sort. The investigation is being led by an Inspector James Sterling.

Speaking of rain, it's beginning to clear up and the police seem to have finished up with Jay. Before you're able to speak to her though, an authoritative figure stands up.

"Hello everyone," a smooth, confident voice speaks up. A man dressed in a grey suit is standing on a bench. He's not particularly tall, but his voice carries loudly towards the crowd and he has a cocky but assertive manner about him. "I am Inspector James Sterling and am headed with this case." The serial killing case? Your eyebrows go up. Could it be? "Everyone hold tight. We have a little more questioning to do and luckily, the clouds are passing. We'll keep you updated as to when you are able to go home."

With that, he steps down.

~~~

Moderator Note

Here is your first suspect/witness that you are able to question. More people will be available to talk to as the murder progresses.

You will not have any insight into the thoughts of witnesses or people you question. All RPing from the mod in charge of the suspect/witness will be done in third person. All questioning will be done in the thread unless given permission otherwise.

Here are your options at this point:

- Question Jay

- Speak with Inspector Sterling

- Speak with Detective Caleb

Note that whatever you chose, the character has every right to deny the answer to your questions.

The police have not released any information other than that in the newspaper regarding the crime.

Bios:

Inspector Sterling

Name: James Sterling

Role: Inspector; in charge of the Rainman Serial Killings

Description: Sterling is short, but never tell him that. He knows of at least a hundred ways to kill you and make it look like an accident. Intelligent, determined, and highly successful, Sterling has every right to be somewhat cocky and he takes full advantage of it. Sterling knows how to manipulate people, which made him a very effective interrogation officer when he was younger. He doesn't take rudeness lightly and demands respect from inferiors. He has enemies, that's for certain, but he keeps them at bay.

Detective Caleb

Name: Caleb Charleston

Role: Detective, Interrogation Officer

Description: Tall (just short of six foot), brown hair, brown eyes. He's a fairly young officer and not very experienced. He's very eager to help and easy to talk to, which is partially why he's working in interrogation (though some believe this is a mistake).

It has started to rain and all the others started to take their umbrellas but Heikki just stood there.

He had three reasons to not take umbrella

1) He liked rain

2) It felt refreshing

3) His umbrella had broken in his bag

He started to walk with others to rain shelter. He heard skreaming and rushed to scene just to see dead woman.

And Jay next to her. With bloody hand. The sirens did great noise and soon people were scattered by police.

Inspector was talking to Jay and officers talked to all other.

"Why were you here and where do you come from?" young woman officer in blue police uniform asked from Heikki

"Well we got internet community meeting and we are from many countries. I'm from Finland." he answered

"Okey, when did you arrive to Seattle?" officer asked

"Today, we arrived in time frame 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. Then we went to our hotel and left it at 2:00 pm." Heikki said politely.

"Okey lastly tell your hotel and room." officer hurried

"Uum actually I don't remember my hotels name but the room is five-o-one" he said in his thoughts.

"Thank you" officer said as she hurried to next person.

Heikki didn't care. He was sure that Jay didn't do that. She didn't got the time or weapon.

As soon as Mark felt the raindrops run down his neck, he shivered, and quickly pulled out his umbrella. He struggled with the umbrella for a bit, then heard a voice:

"...You won't be able to open it if you're so impatient and trying to force it up. The metal will break you know..."

Fine, I'll try that. He took a deep breath (which was difficult as the rain was beginning to bother him), then slowly opened the umbrella. It creaked open, and Mark quickly positioned the umbrella and shook his head. The same person offered Mark some tissues, which Mark gratefully accepted, and quickly wiped himself down.

All of a sudden, that girl began walking. Mark looked and noticed that a bunch of other people were headed to the same place. He ran and quickly tried to comprehend the scene he saw: Jay covered in blood, and a woman bleeding on the ground. After a little while, Mark turns around and dials 911 on his cell phone.

Soon after, the police arrived at the scene. Mark was led aside for a brief interrogation by a certain Caleb. After being asked a few questions (which he answered as curtly as possible), he requested a towel to dry himself, as he was drenched. After he cleaned up, the sky began to clear, and Mark gave a sigh of relief. He heard the inspector's voice and sighed again, this time of weariness. Come on, can't I just go home?

===============================================

(Technically I'm a round mod but I haven't been doing any cool mod announcing stuff yet and that makes sad Moho very sad. :( )

Moderator Note

Lovestruck will be joining the group within the next 24 hours. She will be rooming with the two Sophias (AiSuigetsu and Nur). Just a heads up. I have decided that all signups are now officially closed and I will no longer be accepting new applications. Lovestruck is admitted because I neglected to announce this before.

And Moho, you're just never in the right place at the right time.

Back to when sitting next to Jay, Lily replied to her question: "I'm fine, just a little tired.". When rain started to fall, Jay took out her umbrella and motioned to Lily to follow her. Lily took out her own umbrella and started to follow Jay. For a while she walked in silence, but then when they were walking through a crowd, she got separated from Jay. Lily started to look around, eventually finding her...... Covered in blood, with a woman losing blood on the ground. She saw a fellow member from DCW, dial 911. Jay turned to look at Lily. Her eyes showed a mix of feelings. I don't thing Jay could do it, she was with me a while ago! Lily thought. It was simply impossible to Lily, that in the short time that Jay and her have been separated, she could have murdered someone.

A detective took her aside to question, but the first things she said when he took her aside was "I don't think Jay could have done it. She was with me until a short while ago." Lily said softly. Detective Caleb, as she found out his name questioned her about where she was from, her whereabouts at the time, and other stuff. Before he was done, Lily gave her cell phone number to him in case he needs to contact her. Soon after, the sky began to clear up. Lily looked up to it and let out a sigh. Maybe it's a sign.... That there will be a happy ending....

( still can't quite use the spoiler tag. It's still not funny.)

Name: Rose

Appearance/Description: Short, Tiny, and Skinny. Tanned, honey-colored eyes, short-straight blonde hair. Often wearing dresses/shorts, has a pocket knife.

Personality: Short tempered. Loves to mess around, gets bored very easily, crazy with all the word has of meaning. Outgoing, has a love for knives and guns. Always gets you surprised with her insane actions. Can be very sweet, or very scary. Depends on the way you treat her & who you are to her.

Getting out of the plane, Rose was humming her favorite song while carrying her luggage. which may seem odd for a person who run very very late, and had the longest flight ever. She spent the hours reading the newest series she bought; "The Maze Runner", Basically she got entertained the whole flight. Checking her phone again, she received a message from IdentityUnknown, the message was instructions to the hotel they're staying in, the room number and who are her roommates. So I'm with the sophias, interesting!

Rose went to the hotel IU told her about, went to find the nearest elevator, pressing the fifth floor button & heading to the room. She finally arrived. Wait a second, how am I getting into the room without a key? Well kicking is always the answer She hesitated, and instead of kicking the door she tried to open it, to her surprise it was unlocked. Leaving a room door open? Seriously Sophias? What were you thinking. Despite the anger Rose felt at first, She felt relieved that the door was open and she didn't had to go get herself a key, and waste more time. She was surprised by how luxury and elegant the room was. She threw herself on one of the beds. Realizing that she is wasting time, and if she didn't get up she'll probably end up having a long long nap, she went to explore the room. A note left on the desk caught her attention, she took it. "Meet us in the Maple Leaf Park. ~Sophia.. And Sophia." Maple What? She chuckled on the weird name, then went to take a quick shower, dried her hair, & put some new clothes, she chose a pink hoodie and a white short, along with a turquoise high heel. She was Feeling excited to meet the DCWorlders.

She arrived to the park, she felt hungry, she grabbed two bars of snickers and started to munch em while trying to find IU and the others. Few minutes later, it started raining. DAMN. She covered herself with the hoodie's hat. And put what was left of her snickers in her purse, saving it for later. After resting on a bench, she continued to search. One person screamed. Then another. After a while it was chaos, Rose noticed a group of people making a circle, her curiosity took her there. She excused a few people and finally after making it into the center of the action, and noticing the dead body she thought ; All this fuss because of a dead body? Wow. This is so cool. I'm sorry dead woman but this is truly awesome. Moments later, the police arrived. People were questioned, and Rose was one of them. She made it clear that she had nothing to do with this and that she just arrived here, and her alibi was confirmed. However, a cop took her purse just to make sure she haven't got the weapon used to kill the woman, she gave him her number to call her when he's done with it. She messaged IU "Where are you?" And she replied. "Find the girl with the blood on her shirt? And you've got me." Rose gasped, not knowing what else to reply or what to do, she tried to look for the girl with the blood on her shirt, and there she was with a cop. She tried to talk to her but the police won't let her get near her.

"We found this in one of the suspects belongings"

"A pocket knife?!"

"Yes, it belongs to that short blonde girl you just questioned."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!!! I let this girl go because of her alibi!"

"But sir, if she had an alibi, she can't be our murderer can she?"

"We may never know!" He tried to call her. Rose revived a call from a strange number and she did not pick up.

"Damn! She's not replying! I'll keep calling her, and you go let a team search for her!"

(Will either edit this later with the first post or post it later, hopefully no one minds)

EDIT: (finally able to use spoiler <3)

EDIT EDIT: ( First post is here ~)

Police rounded up the people in the park and started to question them.

The police led Amber to a desk before starting their questioning.

"What's your name?" The police officer asked her.

"Amber." she replied.

"Right..." the police officer wrote notes. "May I see your identification?"

Amber took out her ID and the police wrote more notes.

"So... Do you know why we called you here?"

"Yea... Someone died in the middle of the park."

"Right... So we would like to know why you were in the park. What were you doing around 2:30pm when that 'someone' died?" the police officer got ready to take notes. "Don't worry, we just need these information to assist us in our investigations."

"I came here to participate in a gathering from an internet forum."

"Oh... could you mean the DCW forum? There are a few others like you. So... what were you doing around 2:30pm?"

"We were sitting around the fountain... around... there." Amber pointed over to the direction of the fountain. "We've bought some food and sat there to eat. However, it started raining, so we decided to head to the shelter."

"So you were heading towards the shelter together with the entire group when the incident happened? Then what made you aware of the incident? Anyone with you at that time?"

"Erm... no. I was packing up and getting ready to leave but lost the rest of the group when a huge crowd blocked my way. I was aware of the incident when we heard a scream and everyone turned to look and headed to the same direction. I wondered what had happened and went to the source of the commotion to take a look. At that time, another guy was with me. If I am not wrong, his name is Mark."

"Right. So will he be able to testify for you that he was with you? Where and how close were you when you realized that something had happened?"

"Hmmm.... We're still around the fountain... So that's about 20 meters away...? I think... I'm not very sure. And I think he should be able to testify for me. He had trouble opening his umbrella and I had given him some advice. He should remember me."

"Right...Last question. Do you know about the lady who collapsed?"

"..." Amber paused for a while before replying. "No."

"..You sure?" the police questioned again.

"I don't know her..." Assured Amber.

"Alright then. Thanks for the cooperation. May you help by leaving your contact details on this piece of paper before leaving."

Amber wrote down her number and stood up, going back to the rain shelter where everyone else is waiting.

When it started raining, Milan took his backpack and put it on his head, since he didn't have an umbrella. While going towards the shelter, he lost track of the others.

"Dammit, I should pay more attention...", he sighed.

Looking around, Milan noticed some people gathering at one spot. He curiously hurried there to see what's happening, after which he saw a dead body, and the organizer of the trip covered in blood.

"Plot twist!", he thought, unable to cover a bit of excitement.

When police came, the police officers started asking the individuals. Milan was one of them as well.

"Your name?", the officer asked.

"Milan.", he said.

"Where were you around 2:30 PM?"

"I was relaxing on a bench, and eating pizza in the park over there~", Milan pointed to the park. "This is kinda fun!", he thought, getting more excited for being questioned.

"What were you doing on the crime scene?"

"It started raining, so together with a group from an internet community I went towards the shelter, but lost track of them. Then I saw people gathering around, and came to see what's happening."

"That community again...", the officer sighed.

Milan couldn't hold on any more and let out a few short laughs.

"Why are you laughing?", the officer asked him with a suspicious face.

"Well, our community is centered about mysteries. That means that we're all mystery fans, and we've watched and read many cases. I just can't help being a bit excited for participating in a real case on any way."

"Um, right...", said the officer.

"Well, that didn't leave such a good impression.", Milan smiled.

"Thanks for your cooperation. Please write down your number here, in case we need to contact you."

Milan wrote down his number, and left to the group.

First thing he did, he went to Jay.

"How do you feel?", he asked her with a low voice.

L was bored. She'd been a bit spaced out the whole day, wandering around a few yards behind everyone, but it had started raining again. She would have gone inside, but then again there was no thunder or lightning, so it was completely safe. Water had never killed anyone- Aaaaand, someone was dead. 

With a sigh, L mumbled to herself about the likelihood of their group coming into contact with a mystery and walked as far from the large scene as she could without losing sight of everyone, standing calmly in the downpour and observing as Jay and the police interacted. As the crowd around the murdered woman thinned and the sound died down, she felt the rain lighten, and looked up, wondering how interesting the day might become. She wasn't fascinated by the killing; in fact she was entirely apathetic about the affair, which was why she could never be the bearer of bad news.

Elli never understood emotion, not really, and there wasn't much that could make her feel sadness, or love for that matter. Someone would be saddened by the death of that woman, and that was what bothered her. Those who felt human emotion had to understand even more what sadness could do. At least she figured that. Those thoughts refused to be silenced as she watched the police. They appeared to be finished questioning and about to leave, so she walked blankly over to the man who appeared to be in charge. "The woman who you questioned... She was cleared, correct?"

"I'm afraid we can't share that information with civilians, miss."

"Miss?" L's frown deepened, and she glared at the officer. "Look, that girl is no more capable of murder than you. I may not know her very well, but of that I'm certain. So I suggest you don't focus on the obvious suspect and let the killer slip past in the guise of innocence."

"Your saying that doesn't exactly give me the impression that you're uninvolved. I suggest you keep your nose in your mystery books, kid."  Okay, now she wasn't bored. She was pissed. Her clothes were soaked and she was getting chilly, so the tacked-on pronoun was the last straw. "Do I look like a kid to you? I'm an adult, certified to vote and quite possibly going into police training, so don't lump me in with the children who stare as you pass on the street and ask things like if you've ever shot a man. And judging by your small range of investigation, I doubt you've ever faced a killer and seen the remorselessness of his eyes. Jay was in shock. And that's not the reaction of one who's killed before, so if you want to tie this to the serial killings you police chase so readily, you better believe she's not your killer." Her rant finished, L frowned at the police officer and crossed her arms. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you again. And next time you won't be so easily awarded with a  suspect..." She turned away as the man asked, "Where were you when that woman fell?" 

L was walking toward the group now. She could see Jay and another member, and with a smile, she decided it was likely Mi-chan. Deciding to greet them, L headed their way, waving at Jay as she tried to shake the water out of her hair. She turned to look at the officer as she reached them, knowing she was crossing some line but feeling something for the first time in days. "Wouldn't you like to know..."

Hearing Elli's rant, Lily began to feel a lot certain that Jay hasn't killed the woman. Every word Elli said was true and she wanted to congratulate her for that...... If only she wasn't shy...

Lily stayed away from Jay, knowing that she needed space and the other DCW members aren't helping. She walked away to find a stand that would sell hot chocolate. Lily wasn't certain if Jay liked sweet things, but it would warm her up and maybe keep the mind of those recent events. Fortunately, there was a stand that sold hot chocolate. She bought one and walked back to Jay, her face still contorted with a mess with emotions. Lily silently handed Jay the cup and quietly said: "For you." and walked away.

Jay accepted the chocolate from Lily with a thanks. She looked at Milan, who'd asked her if she was alright or not. She tilted her head upwards a little and sat up a little straighter, the orange shock blanket falling off her shoulders. "I'm fine," she said calmly. "I'll live." Her expression cleared, more calm, composed, and a whole lot more closed off. She nodded at L who was approaching. "I'll be alright. Just make sure everyone's here and hasn't run off by accident."

(Can't post because my internet got down. Allright here I go...)

Ari looked at Elli as she rant at the police officer. "Something like that..." Jay looked at Elli, "I'll be alright. Just make sure everyone's here and hasn't run off by accident."

"Run off? Meh... I'll stay here..." Ari thought.

After her questioning, Amber headed back to the rest of the group and rounded them up.
"Alright. We're regretful to have such an unpleasant incident to happen on the first day of our gathering but I hope all of you remain calm and be patient and cooperate with the investigations. Since Jay had a rough day, I'll be taking over for her temporarily."
She smiled at Jay to indicate that she should take it easy. "Alright, now, since we're unable to-"

"Excuse me..." Detective Caleb suddenly dropped in on the conversation. "We will need to conduct a search on your belongings if you don't mind..."

"Huh? I'm sorry Mr. Detective. We would love to cooperate with you on that but I would like to understand why this is necessary?" Amber asked. She did not like anyone to ruffle through her belongings.
"Well, our investigations had found out that the woman was killed by a single bullet shot through her heart. We've searched the entire park but haven't found any guns or murder weapon. Thus it must be within the belongings of the people."

"Wait sir, could it be, you're suspecting that one of us is the culprit? Look sir, there's no way that any of them are the serial killer! They've just arrived in Seattle today morning!"
"That's true. But t may just be a copycat murder. We wouldn't know... And-"

"Sir! We've got new discoveries!" A police reported tithe detective.
"What is it?"
"We've taken the bullet for investigations and confirmed that it was the same type of bullet as the previous murders."
"... So it's the same murderer huh?"

"See now detective?" Amber responded.
"Right. So we just need to investigate on the four of you then..." He turned to reply.
"...huh!?"
"Well there are four of you who currently stay in Seattle right? And all four of you had been staying here ever since the first murder happened. So there should not be any problem right."
"Al-alright then..." Amber sighed reluctantly. "So who are the fou-"
"Amber, Mark, Elizabeth and ... Jay. Please step up. Thanks."
Amber sighed and opened her bag for the police to check. The police ruffled through, made sure that there weren't anything that looked like a firearm and then confirmed that she was cleared. Amber looked into her now messy bag and cursed under her breath.
Mark and Elizabeth and Jay did so too, but the police found nothing too suspicious.

"Alright. You guys may go now. However, please do note that we may need to call you back for investigations whenever we deem necessary. And Ms Jay, we will probably contact you again for your assistance. Thanks for your cooperation." Detective Caleb said.

With that, Amber led the group out of the park and back to the hotel. Amber took out the slip of paper from her bag and read it again.
"Alright. Even though we still have some stuff on our itinery, I'm sure you guys don't mind cancellig those for tonight? I'm sure all of you are pretty exhausted now so we'll be staying in the hotel for the rest of tonight. Well, for those who would like to discuss about the recent incident, you might like to head down to the cafe at the first story half an hour later. I would be doing some recap on the recent events. If not, you may stay in your hotel room until dinner time at 6. Meet at the lobby at 6 later. We'll be bringing you to our dinner location later."

After the announcement, everyone headed back got their hotel rooms.
"I've booked a temporary room for you. You probably need rest." She turned to Jay. "Let's head up first."
With that, Amber and the rest brought her up to the hotel room.

Police had checked belongings of Amber, Mark, Elizabeth and Jay. Nothing has found.

Now they were in hotel café talking about the incident.

"You know" Heikki started speaking for the first time. On the fountain he was just saying what he was thinking.

"There are three things I want to know."

First: How fresh the body was.

Two: Did someone run away.

Three: Did the killer use silencer or little gun. I mean, did we hear gunshot

Heikki stopped and started again to write to his notebook.

"Oh and someone could make a map of the park" he said before he started to browse web

After getting into the room, Milan laid down onto the bed to think a bit.

"Wanted to ask Jay a few questions, since she was next to the victim when the murder happened... Oh well, I'll just do it later, when she gets better... Huh, guess I should head down to the cafe to discuss about the case with the others. We may be able to figure out something faster if we work together.", he thought.

"Oh, and it seems that Sera-chan recognized me. Hm, I wonder if she'd mind me calling her like that. Will ask her when I get the chance to..."

He stood up and said: "Abdul, right? And... Warren? Do you two want to join me and the others at the cafe to discuss about the case?"

You and several others enter the cafe. A few people stay behind, though you're not surprised. You've just been through a shocking ordeal after all.

The cafe is nice and air conditioned. There's a long list of things you can order and a couple of booths. There's also a smaller, secluded area with a couple of couches. Jay leads the rest of you there. You observe that she seems much more composed and normal. If you hadn't seen it happen, you would've thought that it had been a completely normal day.

~~~

Moderator Note

Not all of you are required to come to the cafe, though I imagine most of you will.

~~~

Jay listened to Heikki's questions quietly and replied easily.

"The body was shot on the scene, it wasn't discovered, the woman was simply murdered. Plenty of people ran away. Not everyone wants to stay at a murder scene." Jay's voice was concise and clear, though a little cold. "The rain was fairly loud at the time so it's difficult to say if there was a clear gunshot. A gunshot is louder than most people expect, so it's logical to assume that the killer may have had a silencer. That doesn't tell you much though. There are no suspects and none of you are acquainted with Seattle enough to do much investigating at this point."

Jay stood up. "I'll grab everyone some drinks if you guys still want to discuss this." Everyone ordered and Jay headed over to the counter to place the order.

Police Investigation Report

This afternoon at 2:30 PM, Jennifer Starling (age 32) was shot and killed in the middle of Maple Tree Park. Police arrived on scene at 2:34 and sealed off the scene shortly thereafter. Inspector James Sterling has been headed with the case due to its possible link to the Rainman Serial Killings. The bullet that killed Starling was found to be made by the same manufacturer as the bullets used to kill Lilian Rockwell (age 27) two months ago, Bradley Miller (age 48) a month ago, and Philip Fillmore (age 22) last week.

Starling was seen at the park for several hours before the shooting by herself. Of the witnesses questioned, the police have yet to find someone who has any connection to Starling. The police are currently investigating the case and urge anyone with any information to step forwards.

If any information is found, please call the following hotline.

970-6624

Published on www.seattlepolice.gov at 4:49 PM, July 20th, 2013.

Abdul took a deep breath to calm himself. He couldn't tell what people were screaming for and made himself scarce instead of joining the crowd. The DCW members had also come out, clutching their umbrellas. His eyes narrowed suspiciously as the group of people excluded the most senior members, making him feel almost ticked. 'Where are they?' The umbrella was restricting his movement as he had to avoid hitting other people or their umbrellas as well as deal with the blowing wind. Annoyed, he closed it, deciding to get wet instead. Warren beside him offered his own umbrella which he refused.

"What the..." the words fell from his mouth as he looked at a blood covered Jay. The two boys rushed towards her, only to be held back by some police officers, who requested them to comply with the questioning. "You okay?" Abdul called out towards Jay, but she showed no response. Maybe she didn't hear him. 'Darn, seeing a person murdered next to her must have shaken her.' He thought. He but his lip slightly. 'I'm not gonna doubt her. Unless proven guilty.'

As they were nearing the questioning table, Abdul noticed Milan being questioned. He was enjoying it more than he should. As Milan got up to leave, he caught sight of Warren and Abdul and said something to the interrogator before leaving. The man pinched the bridge of his nose in agitation.

"Please, have a seat."

=====

After they both had been proven innocent with solid alibis,  (He let Warren do most of the talking.) the police asked to check their belongings. 'Oh crap.' He emptied his pockets, making a mental note to never carry useless things again. The man in front him raised an eyebrow at the items he put on the desk.

A strip of play-dough, a strong thread wrapped around a tiny spool, a few arcade chips, an invisible ink pen which when opened reveal a tiny roll of paper as well and a lighter (which was working despite being wet).

"Might I ask what you need these for?" He motioned toward the most questionable object he held, the lighter. "The crime aside, what are you carrying this for?"

"It has a tiny torch on the other end." Sure enough, the officer found a tiny switch he turned on to see the tiny bulb fitted in the device shining. 

"Confiscated." He tried not to feel Warren's glare on him. They both walked away. "In all honesty a lighter is a very useful item." He complained, not the slightest bit remorseful. They returned to the hotel, soaked to the bone. to change Abdul took a quick shower before changing into a plain white shirt and black sixpocket. This time, he only took his cellphone with him.

Milan was in the room, lying on his bed. He stood up at their presence. "Abdul, right? And... Warren? Do you two want to join me and the others at the cafe to discuss about the case?"

"Aster would be better. If I get killed, I wouldn't want that name to be in a obituary, if there is one." He smirked slightly. "Let's head to the cafe. I want to see how Jay is."

Rose received more and more calls of the same number. She didn't know whether she should answer or not. At last, she answered. "Listen up. I don't know who you are but I'm going to find you. And I'm going to kill you. Twelve calls? It better be worth it." Did that sound a taken-ish?

"Done with your speech miss?"

She frowned. It was the same cop who had took her purse. "That depends. Are YOU done with my purse?"

"Yes. May you come to the same place you have been questioned at and explain to us why do you have a pocket knife in your purse?"

Uh oh. What's this mess I've got myself into? She tried to hide her worry and shout at the cop. "SO WHAT? If carrying a pocket knife for protection became illegal, then you'd have a right to question me" She ended the call, and went to the place she was questioned at before.

"Are you Rose?" a different cop this time. Yay.

"You tell me."

"I'll start from the beginning. Are you Rose?"

"Um, Yes?"

"Can you explain to me why you yelled at a cop, and why you do you carry a pocket knife?"

"First of all, I yell at whoever I want. Second of all, I carry whatever I want. And third of all, is it your murder weapon?"

"I ask the questions here."

Rose tried to find an excuse, she remembered reading something in the newspaper about a serial killer in Seattle.

"Fine, whatever. I'm obviously a girl. Who just came to a town she never went to, and who happens to know about a serial killer in this town, and you want me to not carry a pocket knife? Really?"

"Right. You don't happen to be one of those people who came here because of some online forum?"

"How do you know?"

"I just do. Anyways, I'll answer your question since you answered mine. No, it's not the murder weapon. You're free to go." He gave her back her purse.

Rose gave up on finding the DCWorlders, so she headed back to the hotel, wishing to find one of the Sophias in the room.

---

( So it's up to you now, Sophias. =X)

Before want to leave the hotel, received message by IU but cell phone rang and she was talking to her father obviously did not want to go out in the rain, that because she don't have umbrella.

" I'm not going out in the rain,no away "

Returned to the room hoping to find Shopia, and when she entered the room, realized had other luggage

it must be ..

*toc .. Toc* " how I will enter .. "

When I opened the door I saw a girl with blond hair

"Hi.."

"Hi,hum, you is Shopia ?"

"No,I'm Nur. And you is?"

"I'm Rose,I'm glad have you for open the door"

"Oh,come in, you do not have a copy of this key?"

"Do not have.. yet .. good and you do not know what happened, a woman was killed in the park "

"Really??" Was really scared "Someone know who is the murder?"

"No..."

"That's horrible,I wonder who did it."

"No,it's cool, I saw a woman dead on the ground, but why you have not been in the park?

"Well,it was raining ,but now it stoped rain and it's not cool see someone dead,anyway,you know where the park,so do you want to go with me? "

Elizabeth sneezed as she closed her door. "Dang it, maybe I shouldn't have hung around in the rain..." A cold in summer was a pain, especially since she was supposed to be doing something with DCW now. But she supposed it was fine. The rain had felt good, as always, and as long as she dried off fully, she probably wouldn't get sick. "Tch, some woman's dead 'n' here I am worried about a stupid cold." She sighed and shook her head, taking a small towel from the closet. Once she'd dried her hair and peeled off her wet overclothes, she studied herself in the mirror. The scar that ran across her abdomen was still prominent. Her mother said they could have the scar tissue removed, but it was a part of her after all these years, just like her scattered cooking burns and scars she'd earned in recklessness. "I've got 'til 6, huh?" L threw on her favorite pants and flannel vest, trying and failing to get a tie around the collar. After fiddling with it for 5 minutes she gave up and dumped her waterproof backpack on the table. "Search all ya want detective, you won't find anything you can pin to the case..."

Carefully and with a mild tinge of OCD, she checked that everything she'd taken was still there. "Composition an' sketch books. Pencils, graphite, cash. Keychain with the flashlight an' screwdriver... Eh?" She dug around in the bag, then put everything back and checked on and under the table. "Okay, where is it?" Her pocketknife was definitely not there... Elizabeth dug in the pockets of her sopping wet cargo pants, finally digging out the cold knife. "Almost thought that cop took it after that little scene." With a half smile she stowed the weapon in her bag. "Good old Winchester," she chuckled, throwing the bag over her shoulder. "Hm, looks like time ta go to me." 

It was 6:05 when she reached the meeting site, and she sighed under her breath at her mild lateness. Despite her self-annoyance, she took a seat on the floor near the couches, not wanting to awkwardly invite herself to sit with someone. It looked like everyone had ordered drinks, so she hopped back up and went to the counter. "Eh, I'll uh, have whatever cola you have..." The woman behind the counter passed her a cup, and L handed her a five dollar bill. "Er, thanks." She really didn't like asking people for things... She'd rather go without than bother somebody, but in this case she supposed ordering a drink would give the woman monetary compensation, so in the long run it would have a positive effect on-

"Stop analyzing it, dang it..." Elli never could just do something. There was a constant battle in her mind over how it would turn out in the long run, though for some reason unless it involved others she never worried. Shaking her head again at her lack of social skills and tact, she plunked down by the couches again, coughing and taking a sip of her soda. L pulled her knees up to her chest and sat with her back against the couch. Now that she thought about it, she was pretty tired.She could talk to the others when everything calmed down a bit. It couldn't hurt to close her eyes... The cup was still nearly full in her hand as she dozed off. 

Ari went into the counter and he stands near Elli, "Green Sands..." He ordered. the woman behind the counter passed him his order and Ari gave her a ten dollar bill, "Here. You can take the change."

Ari took his laptop. He looked outside, "First we saw a 'silently' serial killer, then someone got shot in the rain..." He saw L pulled her knees up to her chest and sat with her back against the couch. Ari looked at her, "You got problem, Elli?"