• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

Elizabeth shrugged. "If you want to try and find something, I suppose I'll tag along. But I'm really just looking to help in the group as a whole. I'm not good with people unless it's getting somebody to spill what they've done..." With a sigh she tugged her phone from her pocket, glancing at the lit up screen. A text?

Caution: Act as if you are all familiar with Jennifer Starling. I gave out a friends account *insertname* and the police think it's hers. They also believe Jennifer was going to meet us today.

PS: Detective Caleb seemed familiar to the name "IdentityUnknown" but doesn't know Jay. He thought IU was he.

She smiled, deleting the text from her inbox so no one could see where she'd gotten the tip if it came out as a conspiracy, and kicked one back at A.B.

"Thanks for the tip. We've got nothing so far, but we'll try something else before heading back to the hotel."

Slipping the cell back into her pocket, she cracked her fingers and glanced at her partner. "So, where d'you want to look for clues, Ari~?"

Lily smiled. "Thanks," she said. "Ikuzo!"

Suddenly, Misaki felt her phone vibrate (and beep) in her pocket. "Umm.... Your phone beeped." the girl mentioned.

She gave her a smile before flipping her phone open to read the text.

"Caution: Act as if you are all familiar with Jennifer Starling. I gave out a friends account *insertname* and the police think it's hers. They also believe Jennifer was going to meet us today.

PS: Detective Caleb seemed familiar to the name "IdentityUnknown" but doesn't know Jay. He thought IU was he."

"What does it says?" one of them asked.

She recited the text message allowed before sending a reply.

"Got it. Thanks for telling me."

After the message was sent, she erased the received text. Just in case.

"I see..." Elizabeth cocked an eyebrow at Ari. "Are there any clues to be found there? I think everything useful will have been carted off. It's a bit late for questioning though, so I'm followin' you I guess." She started walking blankly, fiddling with her phone and cracking her fingers.

Apologies, I have been traveling. After this post I am tentatively pausing this round as I may not have internet for a week and I am unsure if the other mods are able to keep this round going without me.

~~~

Jay looks up from her laptop as Misaki's group pulls in a full forty-five minutes early. "Hey," she smiles. "You guys are back early. Are you planning on heading out? If you are..." Jay holds up a slip of paper. "Jennifer Starling's address. I got it while you were gone. You still have some time if you guys would like to explore today or you can wait until tomorrow. It's not a pressing issue."

You open the slip of paper that Jay hands you. It reads:

"789 Ashton Lane, Building 2, Room 307"

~~~

"20 bars?" The vendor raised an eyebrow but reached beneath the counter, counted out 20 bars, and handed it to her before taking Sophia's cash and counting out the change. "Thanks for your business." He spat into the bushes angrily. "After that murder I couldn't sell nothing 'cept to those police fellows, a couple of whom were rather full of themselves." He looked embarrassed. "Ah, get along, it's not important," he said huffily.

~~~

Current Time for Groups:
Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 8:35 PM
Ari, Eli: 8:00 PM
Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 9:15 PM

Current Location of Van: Maple Leaf Park

"Care to try Twix?" AL asked, taking out a golden packet as he approached her. "No, thank you. I need dark chocolate when I'm thinking."

"20 bars?" The vendor raised an eyebrow but reached beneath the counter, counted out 20 bars, and handed it to her before taking Sophia's cash and counting out the change. "Thanks for your business." He spat into the bushes angrily. "After that murder I couldn't sell nothing 'cept to those police fellows, a couple of whom were rather full of themselves." He looked embarrassed. "Ah, get along, it's not important," he said huffily.

"Oh no, if it isn't a bother, would you tell us what happened? We're tourists, and saw a lot of police gathered around this area today." Sophia took a bite from one of the chocolate bars, and continued, "Now of course it'll be in the papers by tomorrow, but it's much more exciting to hear it from an actual witness."

"Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!" Lily said, hardly believing the words that came out of Jay a few seconds earlier. "Omigosh, really? How?" She took the piece of paper and opened it. "Should we go now or later?" She asked.

"Hey let's go back to the hotel. It's nothing here after all." Heikki said and started to walk back to the hotel

(That's all from me. School started and I'm kinda busy. Finals are in next month.)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately everyone, we will be bringing this round to a close. There are several reasons for this. First, we will not be able to finish before the school year starts and we don't want to impede on your studies. Second, we have found that the interrogation (while interesting), is simply too complicated and doesn't provide enough answers for you to gather more suspects or garner more information. There are other factors of course, but these are the two main ones.

I don't know about everyone else, but I thought it was fun, if complicated and a little too time-consuming. I will be posting a poll above shortly afterwards about how you felt this round went. I will also, for fun, explain in a post below what we were planning for you, had we gotten farther. I will ask that you refrain from posting anymore after this post unless it is to comment on your thoughts on the round or on what we had been planning.

Thank you all so much for participating. It was really a lot of fun for me to plan this with the other mods and even though it didn't go the way we wanted or expected it to, I have no regrets about spending this time with all of you.

This is your concluding post below. All posts below need not be written from a roleplaying perspective.

~~~

Unfortunately, one event leads to another. Rain starts pouring again in Seattle and you, disgruntled, return to the hotel. Another man dies but you don't get a chance to investigate or interrogate at all before the police tell you officially to stay out of their business. Jay brings you around to explore Seattle. Before long though, it's time to return home and the mystery, however memorable, remains a mystery.

No more murders happen while you're there but a few months later you hear someone else has been shot and killed. The police are still clueless, you think as you sip your coffee in the morning. There's always that nagging feeling in the back of your mind, maybe something you missed, something you could've done. Part of you regrets leaving Seattle, another part of you quietly whispers that you never would've found the culprit anyways. Instead of pondering on it more, you allow it to fade into the back of your mind and you return to your "real" life.

It's a year later when you open the newspaper by chance that you see the headlines. "Suspect for Rainman Serial Killings Arrested." You look at the picture. It looks familiar and you look at the caption below. It's Mark! Your eyebrows shoot up. You never even knew.

You call Jay but the number's been cancelled and she hasn't left another one to contact her by. You frown, but there's nothing you can do. At any rate, that's the end of the mystery and you can finally set your coffee cup down.

~~~

Questions for Consideration:

1. Did you enjoy this round?

2. What did you like about this round?

3. What didn't you like about this round?

4. If you knew how it would be when you signed up, would you have signed up?

5. What would you do differently if you were in our place?

6. Suggestions?

First I'd like to thank you all, especially our mods.

Secondary I have to say that this round was too big.

Not by the participants but the area was way too big.

It's impossible to know who we are going to question next.

Third I have to say that my school has already started and I was going to busy.