• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

"So what now people.." Rose said as they were all walking out of the station. Rose could almost feel what they're thinking of, like if she can read their minds. She grinned. "I know it's my fault we are walking out of here in the first place without getting any information, so don't hold any grudges people. Just let it out or tell me how can I make it up to you.. Wait! I've got it! We've still got an hour before we have to return to the hotel! We might return with something useful.. Why not we go visit the crime scenes now instead of waiting till tomorrow? The real question is, where should we start..?" She asked.

"Thank you for this conversation Inspector but we should be going." Heikki said politely.

He was happy for new clues but not too much sweet for one day.

As the walked out of the station Heikki asked from others; "Shall we call it out or are we going back to scene?"

Elizabeth sighed. Leave it to Ari to jump right in... She gave Chrissy an apologetic smile. "We were just hoping to ask about a woman who's apparently become the latest victim. A Miss Jennifer Starling. According to our information she was an employee here..."

As the group made their way out of the station, Misaki could hear Lily ask pleadingly, "Please. Can you give us a chance? A little help can't hurt, can it?"

Once they were out, she looked at Rose and angrily yelled, "Why would you do that?!?! Asking questions like an interrogation, and then saying 'Body Bag' there. We're not trying to intimidate them, we're trying to ask them for information nicely. And body bag? Saying that might make them think we're not joking. Omigosh.... Can't you keep your promise?"

Lily turned to Milan. "I still don't like your idea of punishment, but a full-on lecture is needed." 

"Oh, so I can stop pretending being a ghost huh..." Milan replied before giving a wink. "We are not talking about the same 'kind' of punishment here."

"I already said that I was sorry for breaking my promise, wasn't that enough? And about the body bag thingy, according to Milan's punishment it might be true. Truth hurts. And I'm not getting a lecture nor a punishment, so don't bother."

Rose stared at her. "I can't call it a day yet.. but still maybe our best option is to leave." 

"Okay.... Don't punish her..." Lily told Milan. "Getting serious, where to next? We can't come back here, due to Rose and my attitude, they'll probably be wary of us next time and send us out before we ask again."

"So what now people..." Rose said as they walked towards the street corner. She grinned. "I know it's my fault we are walking out of here in the first place without getting any information, so don't hold any grudges people. Just let it out or tell me how can I make it up to you.. Wait! I've got it! We've still got an hour before we have to return to the hotel! We might return with something useful... Why not we go visit the crime scenes now instead of waiting till tomorrow? The real question is, where should we start...?"

Misaki asked, "Is that the best idea? I mean, we've had a long day, we're all tired, and we're in an unfamiliar city. Plus, it's getting really dark. It's," she quickly flipped her cell phone opened to check the time before continuing, "almost 9 PM! Also, it's not like anyone who was there when the crimes happened would be there this late so there's that. Maybe the best thing to do is to just head back to the hotel and start tomorrow, when it's daytime and people who are regulars to the area are there."

"That's true...." Lily said. It is getting late, we should head back. "I agree with Misaki." Lily stated. "Oh, by the way, I'm sorry I lost a bit of my temper at the station. I blew it for everyone..." She apologized, being a person that felt guilt easily.

[Phew that was close. I thought I was gonna get locked up too OTL]

"Ah, Jay, right?" Detective Caleb frowned, looking at the screen once more before turning back to answer Sophia's questions. "Hmm? Yes, it would be odd for Starling to not be carrying an umbrella. She was though, she hadn't gotten it out yet at the time of her murder. We assume that she either was moving slowly or was enjoying herself. It's not uncommon around here. People who enjoy the rain stay, people who hate the rain leave, that's pretty much how it is around here. No, it was probably a coincidence and the other murders are inconsistent with it." He smiled. "Is there anything else I can help you with? You've been very helpful...of course, I'll need to verify some of what you're saying but that shouldn't be too big of a problem."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for your help, and I'm glad we were able to be of assistance. I believe we'll be taking our leave now. Good luck on your investigation, detective. And goodnight." Sophia replied as she got up and shook the officer's hand. She headed to the door and waited for the other two to catch up with her. "What about we take a walk to the park?"

"The Rainman Serial Killings?" Chrissy said, stiffening. "Jenny?" She pursed her lips, looking to the both of you. "You're not the police are you? No, you're too young." Chrissy shook her head. "No, I don't know anything about them and if you'll excuse me, it's been a long day and I'd like to head home."

~~~

Moderator's Note

Assuming that Sophia's group is going to head to the park from the police station. No time has been added to any other groups as I feel you still have not talked sufficiently to count as a conversation.

Current Time for Groups:
Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 8:25 PM
Ari, Eli: 7:50 PM
Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 8:55 PM

Current Location of Van: Benford Industries

Heikki whistled as they walked to the park. 

As they arrived to the park they noticed it has been closed by the police whit yellow "CRIME SCENE - DON'T CROSS" tape.

Heikki looked around. He didn't see anyone. So he lifted the tape up and walked to the fountain.

"Maybe we should first look where we were at the very moment." Heikki suggested to Abdul and Sophia.

Elizabeth sighed again. Ari'd been too quick to ask about the murders, and now their only informant was leaving... But now she knew by the woman's referring to her as 'Jenny' that she was familiar with the deceased girl.

"Alright. If we could speak another time that's more convenient for you, that would help." She handed the woman another copy of her phone number, feeling that again she wouldn't receive a call.

"My name's Elizabeth. I'm part of an unpaid detective group that's attempting to piece together these murders and garner justice for the deceased. I'm sorry if this was the first you heard of Jennifer's death. Please try to have a nice night, miss Tarrington." 

"I still would rather make use of the rest of the day, but I'm not in the mood to argue. Besides, I sort of think Misa's right, We are getting back to the hotel. No one will get punished though. Right, Milan? Or should I run away for my life?" Rose looked at Milan who stayed quiet from the moment they walked out.

"That's true...." Lily said. "I agree with Misaki."

"Oh, by the way, I'm sorry I lost a bit of my temper at the station. I blew it for everyone..." she apologized, her tone full of guilt.

Misaki gave her a pat on the shoulder. "It's ok, everyone loses their temper every now and then," she replied.

Seeing how Rose and Milan hadn't said anything, Lily asked as she got out her phone, "Well, what should we do, Rose and Milan?"

"I still would rather make use of the rest of the day, but I'm not in the mood to argue. Besides, I sort of think Misa's right, We are getting back to the hotel. No one will get punished though. Right, Milan? Or should I run away for my life?" Rose said, looking at Milan who stayed quiet from the moment they walked out.

Hope he agrees with the rest of us... I'm getting tired from all this walking...

"Yeah, sure.", Milan replied. "Let's get back to the hotel and get some rest... with some exceptions, of course...", he grinned again. "Anyway, it would be a good idea to go back, gather up the information we've got so far, figure out what we can from it, and plan our next move."

"To be or not to be," Abdul muttered as he followed Heiki into the park. "Might as well search for some clues." He said. With that, he began searching around the park benches. Luckily the park was illuminated by lots of lamp posts. He got on his knees and began to scale the place where Jennifer was before her murder, careful not to disturb anything.

"Yes, goodnight to you too," is all Chrissy says before she leaves, taking the piece of paper with her.

~~~

You enter Maple Leaf Park. It has changed since the crime scene, tape covering where most of the crime scene used to be. You can see the outline of a few police members milling around, most likely to insure that the crime scene is kept safe overnight. You can also spot glow-in-the-dark tape where the victim fell.

There aren't a lot of people around other than the police, except for a snack and beverage vendor who is closing his shop and pushing it away. He seems to be somewhat frustrated--perhaps he hasn't had a good day of business with the police there (though you can also imagine the opposite as you were detained for a while).

As Heksu lifted the tape, a uniformed man came up to him. "Hey, kid," the man frowned. "Don't you know you're not supposed to be in here? Can't you read the tape? You kids are the reason why we have to stand here all night after all."

You read his badge. His name is Mike Carlson.

Mike Carlson

Name: Mike Carlson

Description: Brown hair, brown eyes, scruffy mustache. Can have a sour attitude and sticks to the rules.

~~~

Moderator's Note

Unsuccessful interrogation by Ari and Eli, +5 minutes.

Conversation from Rose's group, +5 minutes. When you decide whether or not to head back to the hotel, you'll have extra time added.

No time added to Sophia's group.

Again, note that Jay will have some information for you at check-in if you are physically present (or earlier, which may give you better use of the info). If you call to check-in, you won't get the info but you may request an extra hour of interrogation.

Current Time for Groups:
Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 8:25 PM
Ari, Eli: 7:55 PM
Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 9:00 PM

Current Location of Van: Benford Industries

After the interrogation at the station, Sophia really didn't feel like talking to any other officers. Instead of following AL and Heikki into the taped area, she decided to go over to the vendor for a snack. He seems to be somewhat frustrated--perhaps he hasn't had a good day of business with the police there.

"Hey," she ran up to him, "can I just have uhh maybe 20 bars of dark chocolate..." Sophia looked down, embarrassed, the contrast between the seriousness of her tone and the absurdity of her request was enough to confuse even herself. She mentally scolded herself for not bringing her stash of chocolate for the umpteenth time, and waited for a reply.

Ari casually replied at Crissy, "It seems you need a rest. I'm sorry if that offend you. Good night... And stay safe..."

"Yes, goodnight to you too," is all Chrissy says before she leaves, taking the piece of paper with her.

Ari asked Elli, "Well, should we have some 'clue' before we return?"

Edited by n00btube

As Heikki lifted the tape, a uniformed man came up to him. "Hey, kid," the man frowned. "Don't you know you're not supposed to be in here? Can't you read the tape? You kids are the reason why we have to stand here all night after all."

"Shit. Umm" Heikki thought and said; "I have lost my pocket knife. Have you seen it. It's quite valuable because it's handmade and produced in 1905"

Heikki quickly glanced at Abdul and gave him a wink. "So that's why we are here. Have you seen it?" Heikki asked politely.

*Wonders who Ari's asking the question to.*

---------

"Pocket Knife?" Mike Carlson thought for a while. "Not that I've seen any. I don't think you'll be able to find it in such a situation. If you have lost it here, the police search team should have found it by now and if they actually did, it may very well be taken back for further investigations already. Tough luck."

Mike Carlson shrugged. "But don't worry, if they did, and linked it to you, they'll find a way to contact you... But truthfully, how could you drop such a precious item and only remembered you dropped it only now? If it were so precious, you should have come a lot earlier to collect it..."

"I noticed it just when I was going to sauna in my hotel. And I have been looking for all other places. But I think it can be in restaurant where we ate. Hope you have peaceful night." Heikki said to the inspector and started to walk away

'Wait what?' Abdul thought depressingly. He had failed to find anything in the whole park, and Heikki had also played a bit too safe. 'Ah well, guess the guy's not a liar like Sophia.' He whipped out his phone and texted the most reliable people he knew in the other groups.

"Caution: Act as if you are all familiar with Jennifer Starling. I gave out a friends account *insertname* and the police think it's hers. They also believe Jennifer was going to meet us today.

PS: Detective Caleb seemed familiar to the name "IdentityUnknown" but doesn't know Jay. He thought IU was he."

The text was sent to Misaki and Elizabeth. Abdul wondered why he hadn't done it earlier. Left with no choice, he and Heikki went and regrouped with Sophia who was by a vendor ordering some 20 bars of dark chocolate.

"Care to try Twix?" He asked, taking out a golden packet as he approached her. 'Amen Suzaku, amen.' Abdul thought, rereading a fanfic in his mind.

"Well, the vans are at Benford Industries, so let's start walking." Lily said. She started walking down the street and motioned for the rest to follow, but then she stopped. "Who has the map? I don't know where to go..."

"Yeah, sure," Milan said. "Let's get back to the hotel and get some rest... with some exceptions, of course..." 

He grinned again. "Anyway, it would be a good idea to go back, gather up the information we've got so far, figure out what we can from it, and plan our next move."

"Well, the vans are at Benford Industries, so let's start walking." Lily said. She started walking down the street and motioned for the rest to follow, but then she stopped. "Who has the map? I don't know where to go..." 

Misaki held up a folded piece of paper. "Right here," she replied as she opened it up. "Let's see... If we keep going straight, turn left onto Carter, then turn right onto Finch before one more left onto Wright we should get back to the hotel quick enough."

Misaki held up a folded piece of paper. "Right here," she replied as she opened it up. "Let's see... If we keep going straight, turn left onto Carter, then turn right onto Finch before one more left onto Wright we should get back to the hotel quick enough."

Lily smiled. "Thanks." She said. "Ikuzo!" Lily said, letting a bit of Japanese slip. Just then, Lily heard someone's phone beep. It was Misaki's. "Umm.... Your phone beeped." She said.