• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

After Rose left the room, Mr. James had started getting suspicious. Ohmigosh, Rose why? Lily mentally face-palmed herself for letting Rose walk off. "Sorry Mr. James, my partner has a way of words that make people uncomfortable. I think she meant that it would be nice to have his phone number so we can contact him for our project, but it's not nessecary. We just think it's for the best or just in case. In our class, everything must be detailed all the way to the tiniest part. It's really like running an investigation." Lily let off a small laugh to ease the tension. "We're sorry to bother you, and we must go. We might come back some other time." She walked out of the office along with the others. They walked back to return the pass...... And found Rose arguing with the secretary.

(I think I dodged a bullet there....But someone tell me if I didn't.)

"Aw, I came on the end of the conversation. No progress made then eh." Rose told her group, who were still mad at her actions, while they were walking out of the office. "Guys, kill me sometime later, right now we have to go to the police station. We have like an hour and a half to get what we want. And before you say it, I'll let you all handle this without interfering. I might let a comment or two though." She grinned.

"A book?" Holden asked puzzled. "Well uh, I'm not sure if I could help you with that... Erm... I'll get someone else... "

"Uh... Excuse.. Hmmm..." He looked around and found no one to ask as everyone else seemed to be pretty busy with their work.

"Uh... I'm so sorry, I guess they're all busy and even though I'd like to help, I don't really have any idea how to write profiles... Or whatever you're asking..? Maybe you asked the wrong place? I'm not sure I can help with that.."

---

"Uhhhh I see... That sounds tough. Sorry I wasn't of any help..." Tim shrugged as the group left the office.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mod note: for Ari and Elli, this is NOT a rejection case. It's pending for more information.

"Don't worry Rose, no one will kill you." Milan said with a gentle voice. "BUT...", he looked her in the eyes: " You'll get... *cough*... punished... when we get back to the hotel.", he said making an evil grin.

Ari looked at Elli, "Elli, you need to watch your words. Don't blow our cover or we'll have a lotta trouble... If possible, let me speak to receptionist" He reminded her.

"What?! She was a part of the forums?" Detective Caleb was shocked. "Are you sure?"

Detective Caleb stopped in his tracks.

"Well, I mean...we're not completely certain, since she only said she worked in a transportation company in WA, but I doubt there are many Jennifer Starlings who fit that description..."

"What kind of punishment?" Rose faked being afraid.

"You're going to know when we get to the hotel." Milan replied, his grin getting wider.

"Okay, now I'm really afraid." She gulped. "Don't tell me we have to walk again. We do? Why is the world so cruel."

After Rose had (rather rudely in her opinion) told off the secretary, she walked over to the group and said, "Aw, I came on the end of the conversation. No progress made then eh. Guys, kill me sometime later, right now we have to go to the police station. We have like an hour and a half to get what we want. And before you say it, I'll let you all handle this without interfering. I might let a comment or two though." 

As she grinned, Milan spoke gently, "Don't worry Rose, no one will kill you." 

"BUT..." he continued, looking her straight in the eye with a somewhat evil smile on his face, " You'll get... *cough*... punished... when we get back to the hotel.",

"What kind of punishment?" Rose asked, looking afraid. 

"You're going to know when we get to the hotel." Milan replied, his smile getting wider.

"Okay, now I'm really afraid." She gulped. "Don't tell me we have to walk again. We do? Why is the world so cruel."

"Walking isn't so bad," Misaki said as she pressed the down button for the elevator. "though using the van would have been more convenient."

"No lectures, Lily.", Milan grinned again. "Just leave it to me."

Milan wandered into his thoughts for a bit: "Oh well, since we failed regarding the case for today... at least I'll try and have some fun... heh...".

Detective Caleb nodded. "Look, let's go in and we can talk in somewhere a little more private. I'd like to know a little more about what Jennifer Starling has been up to recently. Tell me the website as well. It might not be much but it could be important." His voice held a hint of urgency to it.

~~~

Moderator Note

Rose's group has been sped up to the police station. (I'm assuming this is where you're headed)

Sophia's group: Beware. Starling does not have a DCW account, a few seconds of searching will reveal this quickly enough. Tread cautiously.

All three groups are now at the police station. Do note that only two groups may board the van at once and both Benford and the station will be closing soon. The police station is technically still going to be open but do note that the number of officers you'll be able to question will go down. Benford is closing at 8:30 to visitors unless you get special permission.

Also, you still have the option of returning to the park. This may or may not reveal extra information to you.

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:50 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:40 PM

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 8:30 PM

Current Location of Van: Police station

"It's true that I promised not to interfere guys, but well can you at least tell me 'the plan'? And Milan I'd rather have a lecture than being punished. Well I can escape from punishment but not a lecture, try me." Rose said as they were standing in front of the police station.

---

"Let's go with the same project plan, except change the subject from cars to the Rainmen Serial Murders. I don't want to make up different lies, because we might get them confused and they will probably see through it.... Any other ideas?" Lily said, turning to the group.

"If you can't remember, the police questioned us. They already know who we are and that we aren't locals. I don't suggest we lie, saying the truth would be much better. And easier. " Rose replied. "Well lets get in shall we?"

"Oh yeah....." Lily thought about it. "Sure, let's go!" The group walked into the police station and found everyone else there, talking to Detective Caleb. "Hey, should we look for the Inspector instead?" Lily asked the group.

Detective Caleb nodded. "Look, let's go in and we can talk in somewhere a little more private. I'd like to know a little more about what Jennifer Starling has been up to recently. Tell me the website as well. It might not be much but it could be important." His voice held a hint of urgency to it.

Sophia and the others followed him into another room, and when they were seated Sophia began to explain. "Jenny wasn't on the forums so much as she was on the DCTP chatroom. Sadly, I don't believe we have records of the chats but she was quite active until a few months ago, most likely due to work. The website is really just a place for fans of Detective Conan to gather and talk to each other."

[Please don't check the forum ;~;]

Mod note:

I'm a little busy these few days as well, so I'll just pop in to look through for a bit. Give me a few days to get back to posting.

Btw, just a little advice. Sometimes, you don't have to lie to get information you need. You just need to know how to make use of the resources you currently have at hand. Note the reason why Detective Caleb stopped to chat with you... (It's definitely not because Jennifer starling has anything to do with you. Wouldn't it be because you have something which he requires?)

Analyse the information of a person before choosing the tactic to use against them~

Ive given more hints then necessary. Hope the rest of the mods dont kill me lol. Good luck detectives!

Detective Caleb nodded, understanding. "Alright, well, tell me as much as you know. Give me the address of the website and her username so I can access it later to check around."

~~~

Moderator Note

Know that in real life, police aren't going to just give away information.

Also, as a reminder, all groups are considered SEPARATE. You will not meet again until the hotel for simplicity of RPing.

By the way, since interrogations are tough, you have the option of using Jay to bail you out once. This will come in the form of a phone call (or whatever else deemed appropriate) and unless you are being detained (which hopefully won't happen to any of you o.o) or the murderer is about to kill you or a situation where you logically cannot get out of through a call, this will always get you out of your current situation. It will terminate your interrogation but will allow you to leave without further questions asked. So for instance, if Sophia's group decides that Detective Caleb will become too suspicious if questioning is continued, they can choose to have Jay bail them out. Detective Caleb will allow the group to leave without any more questions. Note, if you return, the person with whom you were speaking of will remember the previous conversation and may continue to be suspicious.

Jay can only bail you out once per designated interrogation time (if you are doing a separate interrogation without the mods stating it's an interrogation time, you're on your own). To be bailed out, message me.

Abdul inwardly sighed, careful not to show any signature movement of his. He was a terrible liar, unless his lies had some truth, even if it was created. Which would just have to be the case. 'Aish Sophia, wasn't honesty the best policy? and it's not like we brought a fruits basket or something that could be of use to them.'

Sophia was looking as if she was trying hard to remember something, possibly some theatrics before she came up with a account or something. On the off chance they told the police about it, it wouldn't be too strange if the detective sent someone immediately to check them. He cursed in his head. It wasn't as if he was in the guy's good books yet, and it wouldn't do if the man suddenly remembered him.

((Agh, life is in my way @@ I'll try, but i may only be able to give a short response every couple of days _ _" ))

Elli frowned at Ari, "We don't have a cover. I'm a writer, so a book on psychology in crime is feasible. I might actually do it later. We need whatever information we can get without lying to the police. It's not worth their anger later to get an extra clue. And it's not like we're racing for some solution. We can always do somethin' different or wait for better help."

With a shrug she sighed, "I don't see why you asked me to work with ya. I'm not good at getting info, just putting it together. Like the twist in River Song's story on Doc- never mind, time lord reference..."

She went back to the desk and scribbled her cell number on a scrap of her notebook paper, on the back of an old doodle. Passing the piece across the table she added, "This is my cellular... If anyone could give me relevant information on the subject of the killer and his actions or mindset, please have them call me at their earliest convenience. Is there anyone I may speak to regarding any part of the case I could use in an intellectual way for the book? It's a profiling compilation, for use as reference and education, so hard logic and speculation are both welcome at the time."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do for you... But no guarantees because all the detectives and senior officers are currently overwhelmed by all the work thanks to the recent case... But I'll let them know as soon as they are free." Officer Holden replied. "Anything else I can help you with?"

------------------

Mod note:

You can continue to talk to the officer or leave. Just a reminder however, it's most likely certain that you won't get a call back any time soon.

If you think about it, it isn't their job to answer a novel writer's questions and they are currently too busy to afford any time for that.

In any case, he's still offering you time for chat so you can still continue with questions.

And 'Lily', Officer Holden is there. You can speak with him.

Ari looked at Elli, his face is serious, "Okay, fine... fine. Anyway, can we return into the hotel and think about the question next day? Because the Police Station are going to close today."

He wrote his number on a paper and pass it into the receptionist, "Well, this is my phone number. Call me if someone from the police could give us some information of the weapon which the killer used. I know a lot about weapons"