3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

Moderator Note

Since you're the largest group, it's not that big of a deal if you split but the problem with splitting is that the admins will have to regulate yet another group and you guys won't be able to regroup until the hotel since for convenience, we're making it so the groups don't run back into each other (since times and stuff will be different). And the project isn't a terrible excuse. There's no way to verify it since no one would bother to call up a teacher at 7:30 PM at night when everyone's rushing back home. The only problem is that none of you are from Seattle so there's no reason why you'd come to Seattle to do a project. Also, they might turn you away since it's so late and they're eager to return home. Not to mention it'd be weird for a bunch of schoolkids (some of whom aren't in school) to ask a bunch of questions about a recent murder.

My suggestion is for all of you to stick together if possible and choose someone to go interrogate.

Yikes, I think I shouldn't have done that... Lily thought as she got that lecture from Rose. "Okay, okay.... I understand, but it's not strange for a couple of kids to ask about Jennifer Starling. After all, all I said was that we were from a local high school and university. If they ask, Warren is from the university because he's 19 and you and Milan are taking summer programs to prepare for university, since you're 18. Misaki and I are going to be 'taking' summer school, since we're 15. If they ask what subject we're studying, you, Milan and Warren are taking Criminology, while Misaki and I are taking the Crime unit in Science. The subject of our report is 'How people hide things in cars and not get caught'."

(I know I got myself into a deeeeeep hole....)

"Tch, fine, fine..." L sighed and tucked her phone back in her bag, picking up her pace. She wasn't that late, and he didn't have to yell... But whatever, she was supposed to be working with Ari apparently, so she needed to catch up to him, if only to keep him from doing something extreme. If he was anything like his characters portrayed him on the rps they'd done, L needed to look out for him. Plus she wanted to know how much the police actually knew about the case. She'd hate to think her future would be spent like the police from so many mystery books, as comic relief for private detectives who would solve her cases while her team was still working on one suspect.

When she arrived at the station she spotted Ari pacing impatiently at the front, but L decided not to wave or call to her partner. Instead she grabbed his arm as she passed and dragged him in to the building. "Oi, if you hang around like that outside a police station you'll really look suspicious, like a freakin' bomber or somethin' waiting for somethin' bad to happen." With a frown she looked around. It was quiet at the front, though likely bustling behind the walls as the detectives were hard at work. At least she thought it should be. "Whattaya want to do?"

Ari retorted, "Are you kiddin' me? I ain't freakin' terrorist or someone who want somethin' bad happen!" He retaliate Elli's frown with a sigh, "Get your hands off me! We have some thing to do with..."

Milan wanted to stay out of this part but, he decided to try something. "Oh well, let me try talking with Mr. Tim. I'll make it quick. If you're okay with that, let's go to his office before he leaves."

Moderator note:

I don't mind you guys splitting up actually, only like IU said, the time would be staggered and you'll have to deal with that (actually We have to deal with that). Also, do note that the information would not be shared even if you split up. Unless you group up and discuss about it then you'll obtain the information. Do note that this may also incurs some time and we will include that in our calculations.

Also, projects aren't a bad idea compared to pretending to be the relatives. Try to think of it this way, if a huge murder like this takes place, the people will be more alert to anything regarding this issue. Just like if theft just occurred, people will be more alert with their bags. If that were the case, what will happen if you spoke of anything regarding the case? They will be extra alert to you. And you dont want that. You'd rather they be more unwary and careless around you and accidentally spill some information. So you might want to misdirect them. Also, it would be suspicious for kids to come to the office saying they are relatives of a dead murdered woman, asking for information. Usually, if they really are the relatives, they'd get all the information from the police or their direct relatives, not from the company. But of course this would depend on the way you're asking the questione, but I'll make no comments about this. :P well, I don't want to affect your decisions and actions. Go on. Be creative :)

"Is this a name of a project? Hey, you can hide everything in the trunk. We need something else. Like. Why are serial killers so awesome." The group gave Rose a death stare. "I'm serious!" She shrugged.

"If you've got no better project, then we'll go with mine"

"Fine. We'll go with yours. But only because we have no time to think of something better"

"Oh well, let me try talking with Mr. Tim. I'll make it quick. If you're okay with that, let's go to his office before he leaves." Suggested Milan.

"Alright, you do that. If I recall correctly his office is in the 16th floor, look there's an elevator there." She pointed.

"Here we are" Rose made her way through the incident management department "Find the door that says Manager."

"Found it"

"That was fast, Lil"

"Lil?"

"New nickname never mind." Rose knocked on the door, waiting for a response. While waiting, she noticed a dull office with no one behind it, first she thought that whoever works behinds it probably went home.. But her curiosity said something else. "You guys go talk to that Tim guy first. I have something to do. Don't worry, I won't do anything stupid so don't do anything stupid either. Be back in a minute" She told them. She made her way to that dull office. The moment she put her hands on some papers.. "Looking for something?" Rose freaked out, and turned finding An irritated woman standing in front of her. "Oh, me? Yes, I mean no, I mean Im actually looking for the manager to ask him what is it with his workers?"

"His office is right there, you're welcome." Rose felt that at any moment the woman might kill her, so she decided to go back to Tim's office. The door was already open and they were all there. Talking about something. "What did you do?" Lily whispered to her. "I got busted." She sighed.

---

After entering the office, Milan went forward to greet Tim.

"Good evening Mr. Tim. My name is Milan.", he offered a hand for the handshake. "We are doing a multi-school project regarding incidents, so we were told visit you as well. Although, instead of taking any more of your time after a tiring day, would you be kind enough to exchange your phone number with me, so we could contact you tomorrow or any other day that suits you at some more appropriate time for a chat?", Milan smiled.

Rose was surprised of what Milan said.. "Hey! We came her for clues and all you asked was for his phone number?!" She whispered to him. "You know what? I'll take this from here"

"Actually sir, what Milan meant was that we wanted to talk to you for a few minutes, if you don't mind. If you do though, may you give him your phone number?" She asked, putting a fake smile on her face for a good impression.

"God dammit, why'd you do that... we won't die if we don't get any clues right now... you should think ahead a bit...", he thought, barely keeping himself from slapping his face with a hand.

The manager was puzzled but he shook their hands anyway.

"You guys are here for a project?" He asked. "I was about to leave but I guess I could spare a little time... Here's my name card."

The man handed a card to each of them. "Please sit." He motioned them to the chairs in his office. "Now. What would you guys like to know?"

-------------------

Name: Tim James

Designation: Incident Management Manager of Benford Industries.

Number: (206) 509-9954. (From his name card)

Description: Very formally dressed, one will mostly see him in a suit, sometimes with a tie. He's a person who values professionalism at work and is a very capable employee in the company. He oversees all of the incidents of Benford industries, whether positive or negative and make sure these incidents do not affect the company's reputation negatively.

Lily looked at Rose. "The only reason I came up with the 'hiding stuff in the car' idea is because it's related to CARS. If we go with your idea, there isn't anything there that relates to cars. She walked with the group to the office. Rose and Milan talked to the manager and he sat back to listen to their questions.

Wow, this is ACTUALLY working.... Lily thought. She walked up front. "Nice to meet you, Mr. James." She said, sticking out her hand shyly. "I'm from Seattle High and they are from Seattle University. We are working on a joint project in criminology regarding this business and the workers." Specifically Jennifer Starling, but how am I going to say it?

Officer Holden looked sympathetic. "Detective Caleb is a little busy at the moment and across town. He should be heading back soon though...it is almost time to return after all. Let me try to get him on the phone for you."

Fifteen minutes later, a police car pulls up and Detective Caleb exits and enters the police station, a brief case and a file in hand. He transfers the file to his other hand and holds up a hand in greeting. "Hey kids," he smiles, though he looks a little tense. "What do you need?"

"Evening, Detective Caleb," Sophia managed a sad smile, "we're Jenny--I mean, Jennifer Starling's friends...we were wondering if there was any progress on the case? And also, can you tell us about the previous murders?"

Detective Caleb frowned. "We don't have much more information on the case and all information that has been released to the public can be--wait a second. I recognize you. I don't remember you mentioning that you'd known Ms. Starling when you were present at the crime scene. Aren't you kids all from out of town?" He looked at all of them suspiciously. "Look, I'd love to help you, but you've got to put some faith in the police. We're investigating Ms. Starling's case right now and unless you've got a good reason..." he hesitated "I really shouldn't be telling you anything." Detective Caleb started towards the right entrance into the building.

~~~

"Ah." Tim looked a little more uncomfortable now. He put his hand to his forehead and ran his fingers through his hair. "I guess you've heard about Ms. Starling's passing. Unfortunately, I don't really know much about the murder itself or what could spark such violence against Ms. Starling. I didn't know her well, but she was a hard worker. It'd probably be better if you asked one of her closer friends or her boss, Mr. Aaron Landon. He's probably gone home now. I remember she was good friends with Chrissy. I don't remember Chrissy's last name unfortunately and I don't have her number either." TIm looked a little sympathetic. "My job doesn't really deal with serial killings or anything like that. Are there any other questions you would like to ask me?"

~~~

Moderator Note

Your interrogation of Detective Caleb was unsuccessful. Note that he does still remember you from the crime scene as he questioned some of you. You can either give up on trying to talk to him or continue trying to get information out of him. 5 minutes have been marked down, an additional 20 minutes will be added if you catch up to him and continue to question him.

The interrogation of Tim is considered undetermined. If you continue to question him, your interrogation will be considered successful and will take 20 minutes. If you decide that's enough information, the interrogation is unsuccessful and takes 5 minutes. Also, Rose's group, your entire trip to find Tim has, by the will of random.org, taken 10 minutes. The 10 minutes has been marked down, your choice as to whether or not you continue to ask Tim questions will determine how long the rest of the conversation is.

n00btube and Spar, I am assuming you walked to the police station. It has taken 15 minutes. Due to delay, another five minutes was used for Spar to also arrive at the station. Note that you should continue to roleplay as if you are the only group at the station.

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:50 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:40 PM

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 7:55 PM

Current Van Location: Police station

"Wait" Heikki said to Caleb

"Do we say she is from DCW too or do I say that I saw someone running away from the scene?" he asked quietly from others.

"And if he lays that file somewhere maybe I could go and film it to my phone. Try to talk him and maybe he does so." He continued

"Don't say you saw someone, he'll force us to describe the person." Sophia quietly replied. She then turned to Detective Caleb and said, "She was part of our forum, but couldn't join our convention due to work. That day at the park, we didn't recognize her until afterwards when AL remembered Jenny's real name was Jennifer Starling and she worked at Benford Industries. We understand the police is working their hardest on this case, but as part of a detective forum, we just really can't help but be curious. Isn't there anything you can tell us about the previous murders?"

"What?! She was a part of the forums?" Detective Caleb was shocked. "Are you sure?"

Detective Caleb stopped in his tracks.

-----------

Mod note:

If you say yes, he'll continue to talk with you. If you deny, he'll leave. If you're not very sure, he'll leave as well but may contact you in future.

:V but do note that you are telling a lie right now if you say yes and it may (or may not) affect the future development of the case and may affect your trustworthiness in future.

"Yes. We need a favor, can you talk to Ms.Starling's boss for us? And also, if Chrissy hasn't left yet can you get her to talk to us? It'll only take few minutes.. Just call her into your office. Or something. We really do appreciate your help." Rose waited for a reply, putting yet another smile on her face. Damn, why did I have to be so straightforward.

"If you can't talk to Chrissy it's alright, since you don't have her number.. I'll try to catch her since we saw her earlier, we just need you to talk to Ms.Starling boss, oh and it was very nice to meet you." She left the room. "I'll leave this to you, guys." She whispered.

Rose arrived at the receptionist office, who had a look on her face that says 'its you, again.'

"How may I help--" The receptionist was soon interrupted by Rose. "Where's your pal? Chrissy, was that her name? Anyway where is she, Mr.Tim wants me to talk to her." She lied.

Tim frowned. "Is this urgent? I don't want to disturb Mr. Landon if unnecessary." He looked a little suspicious now. "Do you really need this much information for a school project? You're not really running an investigation and I can't really see how criminology would involve such detailed investigations..."

~~~

"Mr. Tim?" The receptionist raised an eyebrow, obviously a little peeved. "Why would Mr. James send you down here? Chrissy's gone home, in case you're wondering. And there's no reason for him to want to speak with Chrissy--she doesn't work under him. So...how are you going to explain yourself?" The receptionist leaned back in her chair, tapping her foot, annoyed. "You're visitors, it's unlikely that Mr. James would send you to speak with Chrissy, especially after hours. Of course, if you'd like," her hand moved towards the phone, "I can call and confirm this with him."

~~~

Moderator Note

Tim is, unsurprisingly, getting suspicious. After all, you've just fed him a mouthful of lies and some of them aren't adding up. Better find a way out of this situation quickly or you'll be in trouble.

As for the receptionist...she's much more snappy than Tim. It's not surprising that she's doubtful of what you're saying. A slight slip will mean your entire cover being blown and...with the lies you've been feeding and the fact that this is a large company, the police may be called if you're not careful.

Due to your continuation of conversation with Tim, the conversation has taken a total of 20 minutes.

The length of conversation with Detective Caleb has yet to be determined.

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:50 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:40 PM

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 8:15 PM

Current Location of Van: Police station

"Listen up, woman." Now Rose was annoyed by her bossy attitude. "What? Aren't you a woman? I've been trying to be polite. Or act that way at least. You're not helping, being so full of yourself and all. You want to call Mr.Tim, I won't stop you. But If you don't want to help you can say so, since Chrissy's not here I have nothing else to do here. Thanks for nothing." Rose left, relieved that she didn't get herself involved in another mess. She headed back to Tim's office.

---

Elizabeth grumbled, "I never said ya were..." With a sigh she headed in, standing at the front desk and putting on a professional smile. "Hello. Myself and my colleague are working on profiling the actions of a killer for a book we're putting together. Actually, we stumbled across a scene earlier and would like to speak to someone regarding the details that could define the unsub's MO. Is that possible at this time?"