• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

Lily walked into the restaurant and motioned the rest to follow. "I think it's better to eat first, then investigate." She sat down at one of the tables and ordered spaghetti. She waited for the others to choose, while looking around. She spotted Warren with the rest of the group. Hey! He came along too!

Milan sat down and ordered something with meat, and cola. "As soon as I'm done, I'll be ready to follow whenever you start going.", he said to his group. "Oh and, enjoy your meals everyone.".

Warren followed the group without a word, only smiling when his eyes caught someone else's. He sat beside Lily and ordered the spicy tuna salad, with the word spicy immediately deciding his choice. He looked around glumly and mulled over the plan his group had settled on. "It would be better if we split up once we reach Benford. We need to save as much time as we could if we want to get to the police station while it's still open." He said, thinking aloud. 

Jay smiled. "Of course."

Heikki, Abdul, and Sophia piled in. In five minutes, Jay pulled up at the police station.

"Take your time," Jay nodded. "And be polite. I'll be here if you need me unless someone else gets here first."

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:25

Ari, Eli: 7:20

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 7:20

None of you are at risk of fainting and all of you have been fed.

Van Location: Police Station

The van is now at the police station. For those of you remaining at the hotel, you must either walk or sprint to your next destination. If the police group does not emerge in half an hour, Jay will change locations randomly.

The police station is located near the center of the city. As you walk in, there are five police officers (none of whom you know) sitting at a long desk. There are two doors leading off to the side. Two of the officers are on the phone, two are sorting files, and one is available. He smiles at you. As you walk closer, you see the name on his desk.

Bio:

Name: Jerry Holden

Position: Junior Officer in Training

Description: Slightly spiky dark brown hair with light brown eyes. Tall. In police uniform.

"Hello," he says pleasantly. "How may I help you today?"

"Hi," Sophia said, as she approached the available officer, glancing at his name stand. "Officer Holden is it? We're Jennifer Starling's friends...you know, the most recent victim of the serial murders." Sophia choked up a bit at the end of the sentence and took out a handkerchief to dab away at nonexistent tears, then inhaled deeply as if to recompose herself and sniffed again before continuing, hoping her act was convincing enough. " Can you please tell us details of her death and the previous Rainman Serial Killings?"

[Run-on sentences errywhere @_@]

"Hi," Sophia said, as she approached the available officer, glancing at his name stand. "Officer Holden is it? We're Jennifer Starling's friends...you know, the most recent victim of the serial murders. Can you please tell us details of her death and the previous Rainman Serial Killings?"

"The most recent victim of the serial murder? Ah yes... The case today afternoon. It's an unfortunate event and I'm sorry to hear that your friend has passed on. Just for documentation purposes, may I have a look at your identification passes and record them for future references? Not to worry, it is just so that we may be able to contact you if we have any questions regarding the case, or if we have any updates we would like you to know. We rarely call too, and even if we do, you are free to not answer if you do not wish to."

The group hesitated for a moment before passing the police their passports/identification cards. The police officer took them and scanned them using a barcode scanner before returning their passes to them. "Alright thanks for your cooperation. It looks like all of you have already registered your phone number with us. Here are your cards."

"Now, as for your previous question, I'm sure you've already received the news that your friend has met with an unfortunate incident. At around 2:30PM today afternoon, she was shot and killed in the middle of Maple Tree Park where she died instantly. We have identified this case as related to the recent string of murders. As for the murderer, we are currently actively searching for the him as we speak now. Don't worry as we will definitely put in our greatest effort to find the culprit and put him behind bars. He will most definitely get the punishment he deserves. We are currently also actively searching for witnesses for accounts of today's incidents but we haven't gotten much information. Since you're friends with Mrs. Starling, may I invite all of you inside for some quick questions to understand more about the victim? This would be helpful for the investigations of the case. Would it be alright?"

=========

Moderator Note:

@IU: To be fair, I think the van should also follow the time as well. So:

Van has left at 7:20 and reached Police Station at 7:25.

So I believe that if the other groups hitched the ride to the location at the same time, they should be able to take the van as well.

If the groups decide to head to a different location or missed the time, then they would not be able to take the van. Should this be the case?

Moderator Note:

Alright, that's fair. Due to limited space though, the van can only take two groups to a single location at one time.

The above encounter from KKLT with Officer Holden is considered an unsuccessful interrogation. It has taken 5 minutes of your time.

~~~

Jay shook her head. "Sorry, I've got to drop Sophia's group off at the police station." She bit her lip. "If you head to the station first, you can come with us, if not I'm afraid you'll have to walk. It's only fifteen minutes and you should be alright."

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:30 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:20 PM

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 7:20 PM

~~~

Due to avoiding other problems, each group will be considered separately and will not run into each other (until they return to the hotel). If Lily's group arrives at the police station, they will have to speak with Officer Holden independently.

"I see." Abdul nodded. 'Officer Holden? we need to get hold of that Detective Caleb. It would be time consuming, but I guess we could ask him a question or two.' He turned to Sophia and Heikki. "Want to take it further? if you're okay that is...with Jennifer's loss and all.." He asked Sophia with 'great' concern.

(If you people didn't already arrive at the police station, I would've suggested going there with you. But it seems we are stuck walking. =X , Time to get things moving along.)

---

After Rose was done with her food, she looked at her group. "As you already know, the van have already left, and we've got no way to reach the Benford Industries but walking. We should not waste any more time, since we have to be done real quick if we are still planning to pay the police station a visit. I also agree on Warren's idea, about splitting up to get more information. shall we go?" She left the place, and started to walk. "Wait a second, people. Do any of you know where we are going? Or do any of you happen to carry a map?" She looked at them, regretting the fact she did not consider getting lost in a place they've never went to before..

---

(Alright, I tried.)

Ari noticed Elli didn't coming, "Hey, where's Elli- Aw, whatever! I'm have to the police station, fast!" He quickly looked at Rose, "I didnt have the map." He start out the doorway, running into the police station.

"Wait!" Jay caught up to Rose's group in the van just before she drove off.

"Here," Jay offered. "I gave one to Sophia's group and forgot to hand it out to the rest of you. It should only take you fifteen minutes to get to Benford." She handed a map to each member of each group. "Hurry or you'll run out of time."

~~~

Officer Holden looked sympathetic. "Detective Caleb is a little busy at the moment and across town. He should be heading back soon though...it is almost time to return after all. Let me try to get him on the phone for you."

It takes a while for Officer Holden to get Detective Caleb on the phone as he's in the middle of something at the moment. You sit on a few chairs as you wait, not a lot of conversation going on between you. You all wonder what you're going to say to the Detective when he gets here.

Fifteen minutes later, a police car pulls up and Detective Caleb exits and enters the police station, a brief case and a file in hand. He transfers the file to his other hand and holds up a hand in greeting. "Hey kids," he smiles, though he looks a little tense. "What do you need?"

~~~

Benford Industries towers above you. You enter the main building and note that the building will be closed to visitors soon. In fact, most of the business workers are already heading out of the building. There's a receptionist in a pressed skirt with her brown hair in a bun. She seems a little bit irritated and is constantly glancing at her watch, wondering when she can go home you're sure. You hesitate before heading up to her.

Before you're able to speak, she looks up. "Hello," she says, in a polite voice though it's so forced she might as well have screamed at you. Her name is Gina Brent. "Are you heading upstairs? Please tell me what floor you're heading to and write down your names and time of entry so I can give you an access card."

Name: Gina Brent

Position: Receptionist

Description: Dark eyes and a brown hair pulled into a tight bun. Usually decently friendly during day, but becomes very antsy as it gets late.

~~~

random.org was unkind and decided that Detective Caleb took 15 minutes to get to the police station.

Jay has given you all maps so you are able to reach each location in the time frame we give you.

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, and Warren have automatically walked to Benford Industries. It is now 7:45 PM. Note the building closes down to the public at 8:30 so your interrogations must be quick and successful enough for whomever you question to give you permission to stay later.

n00btube: you need transportation. You have to either walk or sprint to get to the station.

Okay everyone. If Group A and Group B are at the police station, which is where the van is, and they both post they'd like to go to Benford before a mod arrives, they can both board. If three groups request van access, the first two groups can board. If Group A posts before the mod but Group B does not, Group A boards and Group B does not.

Current Time for Groups:

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:45 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:20 PM

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 7:45 PM

Current Van Location: Police station

Lily looked up to Benford Industries. "Wao..... This is HUGE." She started to walk into the building, but then she turned around. "I've got two questions. 1. What does Benford Industries do? 2. How are we going to make those people spill their information?" I hope this goes well....

((Agh, I have no access  sometimes, so I'm behind again @@ Catching up... ))

Elizabeth woke with a start, yawning and glancing at her watch. "Damn, it's already... I'M LATE!" She hopped up from where she'd fallen asleep and grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulder. She dialed the number she'd put in her phone earlier, hoping Ari would pick up... When he did, she coughed and cleared her throat. "Eh, sorry, I fell asleep before. Where are you? I'll meet you there I guess. I'm late, right?"

Rose stared at the huge building in awe, not noticing Lily who called her name a few times, soon enough Lily run out of patience, and she shouted at her. "ROOOOSE."

"Oh sorry, I was distracted a bit.. Anyway, what did you want? And where are the others?"

"They're already inside, and that's what I've been trying to tell you!"

"Alright, let's go." On their way inside, lily asked Rose. "I've got two questions, 1. What does Benford Industiries do? 2. How are we going to make those people spll their information?"

"I think a few white lies are enough to let them spill their information.. As for what they do, who knows, maybe they do drugs." She looked at Lily with a grin. "What? I'm just saying, it might be true" She put on her best innocent face.

Milan, Warren, & Misaki were standing by the front desk, chatting with some receptionist who obviously wasn't happy to see them. Rose & Lily walked over to them, trying to catch a few things of what they are chatting about.

--

( again, I tried.)

Moderator Notice

Thank you for noticing this notice. Your noticing of this notice has been noted and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

*cough* On a different note, Benford Industries is a transportation company. Details are a few pages back.

Just in case you forgot...

Moderater Note

Alright! Since you've all decided to split off into groups, I've got a couple of suggestions for where you can go. When you arrive at a location, wait before entering. A mod will describe the scene for you. Here's a brief summary to get you some information. They will also give you names of people you can talk to. When you question certain people, you may receive information about another location. Those who have not received information about a new location will not be able to enter that location unless told by someone who is aware of the location through roleplay.

Benford Industries

Benford Industries is a well-known and well established company. Located on 2144 Washington Road, the main building is large, about twenty stories tall. The top floor is the executive floor, exclusively for the company's CEO and founder Duncan Benson, co-founder and Executive Manager, James Ford, and their respective secretaries. Benford Industries specializes in all modes of transportation with land, sea, and air departments. Benson and Ford originally wanted to create safe, quick, and cheap transportation for everyone. The Benford motto is "Making the world accessible to all." A year ago, a train accident caused some criticism of the company, though it was later confirmed that Benford was not responsible for the accident. Benford often deals with international clients and cargo.

Police Station

Located on 877 Jackson Avenue, the police station is in the very heart of the city. This is the central police station (there are smaller facilities across the city). Most meetings, evidence, offices, reports, and officers are here or nearby. Investigations are headed by two main departments: Crime and Management. The Crime department deals with the physical evidence (such as fingerprints, witnesses, and the actual crime scene) and consists of interrogators, forensic scientists, and detectives. The Management department deals with smaller crimes such as speeding, DUI, robbery, etc. They also deal with court cases and training of new officers. There is some tension between the two groups. The station is headed by Officer Grant Dawson and the Crime and Management departments are headed by Inspector Henry Thompson and Inspector Sally Parlington respectively.

Maple Leaf Park

The secretary looked really unhappy to see them. Lily coughed at pushed her way to the front. "Excuse me miss. Sorry about my classmates. We're from the local high school and university. We decided to do a combined project on transportation. Our teacher told us to do portion of our report here and he said that he was a close friend to...." Lily scanned the wall behind the secretary for a name in the company. "Mr. Tim James."

It didn't take them long to walk to Benford Industries, only about 15 minutes. As they entered the main building, she noted that the building wouldn't be open to visitors soon. We better hurry.

Following the two boys, Misaki headed to the main desk where a rather unhappy looking secretary was sitting. It was then she notice the other girls weren't with them. She looked around before seeing them approaching the group from the entrance. Lily coughed as she made her way to the front.

"Excuse me miss," she said. "Sorry about my classmates. We're from the local high school and university. We decided to do a combined project on transportation. Our teacher told us to do portion of our report here. Our teacher said that he was a close friend to...."

The girl paused, her eyes shifting from the secretary to the wall behind her before continuing, "Mr. Tim James." 

Mod Note:
Alright... I'll approve for this.

===================

"Mr. Tim James? Hold on..." the receptionist types something into her computer before she replies you. "Are you looking for Mr. Tim James, Manager of the Incident Management Department? He usually leaves office around this time, but if you're lucky he may still be around. If that is the person you're looking for, his office is on the 16th story, Incident Management Department.  Your ID's please."

The group passed the lady some identification passes and she records them down before returning it to them. "Here are your access cards. The lift is to the left. Please return the passes before you leave. Visiting hours is only til 8:30pm so please kindly return the passes before that. Thanks."

After collecting your passes a lady approached the receptionist. "Hey Gina! We've got your order! Here!"

The lady passes something, possibly dinner, to the receptionist.

As you walk past her, you saw the pass dangling from her neck.

'Chrissy Tarrington. Secretary, Benford industries.'

"Alright, then! Guess I'll be heading off first. See ya!" The lady waved before turning to the exit.

========================

Moderator Note:

About the bios of the above staff, depending on who you decide to meet, I may decide to post only that person's particulars.

On a side note, just in case you're worrying that the person whom you have 'created yourself' would not be useful, that may not be the case as we could also decide to make him useful. However, you would like to note that, depending on the person's particulars that we have provided, that person can only act according to their character and provide information which they would possibly know. This means that, a person will not be able to pass you any information which, in reality, they would be unlikely to obtain OR which they have obligations to not divulge.

Oh. And one more thing. If you haven't realized, both of the staff above are leaving. So if you choose to talk to Chrissy, then you may not have the chance to talk to Tim. So choose wisely. :V

As Ari about to enter the Police Station, his phone rings. It was Elli who called him. Ow, man... He thought.

Elli spoke up, "Eh, sorry, I fell asleep before. Where are you? I'll meet you there I guess. I'm late, right?"

Ari shouted in anger, "OF COURSE YOU'RE LATE, DUMB!! NOW, HURRY INTO THE POLICE STATION AND MEET ME THERE!" He hangs up the phone and he puts his handset on.

(I think choosing whom we question wont be a problem if we split. The problem now is the project thing. I don't think it's an good excuse.. If any of the staff found out we were here to question them not for some project then it's over. We have to be really careful about that..)

----

Rose took Lily aside and whispered loudly. "What were you thinking?!"

"You said a few white lies would do it"

"Yeah, but I meant as lying to get information, like to pretend to be the dead woman's relatives or something or that one of us should pretend to be her relative and the rest of us are friends. You know, this kind of lies. Do you know what we will do next? I'll tell you" She turned to the group. "We're going to split, act we are here for a project but ask questions indirectly. Alright? Now who wants to meet Tim and who wants to find the woman's office?" She asked.

----

(Another Failure Try.)