Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewA

What will happen to everyone when Kudo is cured?

So in the end, Kudo and company find a way to defeat the Black Organization, and gather enough data about the drug to permantly turn Conan back to Kudo.  All is fine and dandy, except...

1)  What about Ran?  You have a choice between either telling her the truth (Hey, I just spent the last year lying to you because I didn't trust you to handle the truth, and used your dad as a meat puppet to cover up my secret.  Will you marry me?)  or coming up with yet another lie to explain why she will never see Conan again, who she clearly regards as being practicaly a little brother by now.

2)  What about "Sleeping Kogoro"?  Either revel the truth and he becomes the laughing stock of Japan, or have his super supposed detective abilities suddenly dissapeared without explanation.  Either way would be very humiliating for him, his daughter and even his wife.  While he could use some humility, this would reach the level of shame and disgrace, which he does not deserve.

3)  His friendship with the Detective Boys  (and girl) will be altered at best.  Even if he still hangs out with them, Japan has a very heirachal approach to age relationships and they'd have a hard time seeing him as a peer and companion the way they used to.

I've pondered about these questions quite a bit myself.

1) This is purely speculation but  I think what would happen is Ran witnessing Conan turning back to his original form firsthand in the finale's climax so coming up with a lie would probably be unnecessary. That said, it would expose all the other lies Shinichi had dumped her but  with Ran, I don't think she'll mind much especially since it means that she's basically reunited with the one she has been waiting for. That reasoning is a bit shaky though and I'd much rather have Gosho make it more realistic by giving Ran a year or two to finally reconcile with Kudo.

2) This one's a bit tricky cause it's a lose-lose situation for Mouri. XD The disappearance of his 'skills' would probably be unexplained to him, most likely for comedic purposes with him still being cocky despite his lack of competence. But what I do see/want happening is that Mouri rejoins the police force following the urging of his wife and daughter (this means Eri being together with Kogoro again after a catharsis inducing case involving their relationship ofc) and it was shown that he's at least competent in being an officer so it would be sort of a happy ending for him.

3) One idea I have is that someone telling the Detective Boys, be it Ran/Ai/Agasa or Shinichi with Conan's voice, that  'Conan' had to go back to his hometown. The heartbroken DB would then be taken by Shinichi under his wing as his apprentices or he'd treat them as his own Baker Street Irregulars in the same fashion Sherlock Holmes did. This would be a nice payoff considering it ties well with Shinichi's 'Heisei Holmes' reputation and it allows the DB to finally revel in what they enjoy doing with some 'authority' overseeing them.

Everything's most likely going to be a happy ending for all the protagonists anyway even if that means some logic have to be sacrificed.

• Upvote 1

1. See, this is why Ran should in my opinion should be allowed to finally be let in on the secret (or at least if he goes with her maintaining suspicions, having them confirmed) before the final arc if not now or soon.  Even with the frozen timeline factor easy forgiveness tends to be a problem when it comes to fanfic writers tackling such a story.

2. I sometimes wonder if that's why we get the occasional story of him succeeding in a case.  Of course, we'd need to see more of him succeeding before things end.

I slowly hope that during this second half of the series, slowly Mouri starts to work himself up to being as component as he showed during movie 9 on the Boat. 

Or as a matter a fact, if he can be as competent as the the Takagi who got transferred in Metropolitan police story, he'd do perfectly fine. You don't have to solve cases as fast as Heiji or Conan to maintain an image.

With respect to Ran, it has been hinted (in OVA 9) that she has a lot of patience in waiting for the real Shinichi to return. Although she may initially feel shocked by the truth, if her love for Shinichi is still adequate, she will understand his predicament.

With respect to Kogoro, my hope is that he withdraws from public life for a time and enters rehab, so that he can kick his drinking and/or smoking habit and thus make Eri more willing to reconcile with him.

With respect to the other DBs, it has been hinted by someone on another forum that at least one of the DBs is very mature and would thus be able to understand Conan & Ai's predicaments.

With respect to Ran, it has been hinted (in OVA 9) that she has a lot of patience in waiting for the real Shinichi to return. Although she may initially feel shocked by the truth, if her love for Shinichi is still adequate, she will understand his predicament.

Even with understanding, I don't think her reaction needs to be completely okay either as it's not a simple matter of keeping the truth from her at this point:

1. Whenever she has some evidence to confront him on the secret, he tends to make her feel stupid for her suspicions to a point where she might doubt her own intelligence.

2. The more people that come in on the secret, it really makes the whole "Can't tell Ran" ridiculous and infers that telling her is a definite game over.

That said, I feel the need to plug this fic here (plus it's a good read): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4553963/1/The_Mystery_of_Conan_Edogawa

It sets up her overall reaction well in that it's balanced. She's given understandable reasons to forgive him, while feeling some resentment at being lied to. Read it and you'll understand how I feel she should take it.

Ran would probably fell apart because the one she loved the most had came up with a heap of lies that she couldn't even believe happening.

But I believe a great detective will work his way through this because I have faith in their love. They've been waiting for each other since they were little and now they finally have the chance I guess Ran will take it just fine at the end.

I guess Mouri will get back together with his wife because clearly he's a good person and his wife leaving him was just because of something really not that big of a deal. He will be an officer or inspector like Meguel? Being a fake detective's not a long run.

It doesn't matter what will happen the pain will always be there although they are to be with each other forever, because the whole Conan thing is like a piece of shadow and sunshine at the same time because he's like Ran's little brother so to speak, and she'll probably be sad because Conan is not real.