Detective Conan World
Biomac

Feel free to come say hello

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I'm 20 and I live in Canada. I am francophone, but I speak english fluently. My greatest dream is to live and teach french and english in Japan.

What am I? Basically a big fan of Detective Conan who has fallen in love again with it there's about 2 months. My other main interests are Japan in general, aikido, kobudo, The Lion King, cinema, books/comics/mangas, video games, foreign languages and Daft Punk.

Why did I join DCW? Well because I'm a big DC fan indeed, and I also hope to make some good friends here :3 !

Who is my favorite DC character? Take a guess? Ran Mouri.

What is my favorite DC volume? Argh DX I can't decide for two reasons: I have only 36 out of the 80 DC there are presently, an how could I choose only out of 80 volumes!?

What is my favorite DC episode? Darn you are curious. Well first it has been for several years I haven't watch the serie, and I have only seen the 2 first seasons.

What makes me think I could come to see you? Lol, I'm running a Q&A that has more 800 pages so far, so I guess I could say you can ask me whatever you want lol XD.

So feel to come talk with me, I'll be very happy to answer all your questions!

Hi, nice to meet you!

What books you usually read? And do you like any other anime or manga beside DC?

Hi Ro, nice to meet you too! Well when it comes to books, I have read so many in my life, but my favorite would be Harry Potter, Narnia, Sherlock Holmes, and Hercules Poirot. For comics it is Wake, Hellboy, Asterix, XIII, and Titeuf. And finally for mangas I haven't read much series, but I really love them, Dragon Ball, Jungle Emperor Leo, Akira, and a Zelda manga (The Minish Cap).

What about you?

Yeah, I also read a lot. ^^ I've read all that you mentioned, and I like them too. Do you know Discworld by Terry Pratchett? I just love books about City Watch. Most of the comics i read are webcomics. :P for example Homestuck, Buni, KOPS (this one's in Polish).

*High five* X3 .

No sorry never heard of what you mentionned ^^' . And I personally prefer [all] books in paper. I'm an extremely picky person I know lol.

Well, most comics i read on paper are Polish or quite unpopular. ;c

I'm currently reading "Maus" by Art Spiegelman. It's about Holocaust. It reminds me about manga Cat Shit One, they both are about war and show different nations as animals. And they both moving.

Sorry, i have that strange habit of recommending everything to everyone. :P

(but if you're not bored with it yet, i can recomend - if you like fantasy and criminal novels - "Guards! Guards!" by Pratchett. It's the first book about city watch from Discworld series, not the best, but good anyway. Check it out. I just feel that you might like it. ^^ )

Don't worry I'm not bored. Oh I've heard of Maus once, it looks like ok. And I'll take a look at Pratchett.

Have you ever read Ten Little Niggers?

Do you know if there's a way I could make my avatar rectangular :/ ?

Wow, you're tough. ^^ hope you'll like it. c:

I don't think I've read it. But I think I will.

I really like Christie stories. Some of them I've read, but mostly I watch adaptations. I like these about Miss Marple.

Yeah thanks ^^ . At least I have a dream that motivates me. Do you know how to put a rectangular avatar?

You really can't, since this forum likes square avatars. You could place a rectangular aspect picture but I don't know how it'll turn out.

Welcome to DCW! And I have one question: why the name Biomac?

I can't make a rectangular avatar? Ok then.

Ah and my username is "Bio" for the Bionicle toys, that I used to be my favorite toys as a toddler, and "Mac" for Macintosh products, that I used to love before. But I'm too lazy to think of a new username, and anyway I like it!

Heh, old usernames are cool. xD

I came up with mine when I was 12 or 13, for example. Although I'm using shortened version if it now. :P

Hello! Welcome to DCW!! Wow you're such a good conversationalist xDDD I think you're going to be able to stay here for a long time \o/ What should I call you though? Um...Bio-chan? XDDD

LOLZ.

It depends. Does "chan" stands for "boy" or something like that in japanese already? If so I won't care if you call me like that XD .