Detective Conan World
gentleman thief

Does Shinichi hate Conan?

This is a rather complex question to answer. At the beginning of the series, Shinichi was evidently desperate to regain his normal form (for example, he fell asleep in class, and frequently asked Dr. Agasa about the men in Black). In fact, during the first two occasions when he regained his normal form, he planned to leave his childhood alter ego behind for good (which, as we all know, didn't happen).

However, over time, Shinichi realized that he was going to be in his child form for a long time, so he gradually adapted to his situation, even going as far as acting like a little kid nearly flawlessly. However, there are still some occasions where he wished he were back to normal (for example, episodes 242 and 246).

Like most other people, I do believe that Shinichi will regain his normal form for good by the time the series concludes, but the producers have purposely delayed letting it happen to avoid taking the air out of the series.

In the unlikely event that Shinichi cannot regain his normal form for good, I think what he would do is simply disclose his true self to everyone after the Black Organization is taken down. I am currently writing a fanfic on how this could hypothetically happen - by the time I upload it, it will be more than 20 pages long, so be patient.

• Upvote 3

This is a rather complex question to answer. At the beginning of the series, Shinichi was evidently desperate to regain his normal form (for example, he fell asleep in class, and frequently asked Dr. Agasa about the men in Black). In fact, during the first two occasions when he regained his normal form, he planned to leave his childhood alter ego behind for good (which, as we all know, didn't happen).

However, over time, Shinichi realized that he was going to be in his child form for a long time, so he gradually adapted to his situation, even going as far as acting like a little kid nearly flawlessly. However, there are still some occasions where he wished he were back to normal (for example, episodes 242 and 246).

Like most other people, I do believe that Shinichi will regain his normal form for good by the time the series concludes, but the producers have purposely delayed letting it happen to avoid taking the air out of the series.

In the unlikely event that Shinichi cannot regain his normal form for good, I think what he would do is simply disclose his true self to everyone after the Black Organization is taken down. I am currently writing a fanfic on how this could hypothetically happen - by the time I upload it, it will be more than 20 pages long, so be patient.

I agree. At the beginning, Shinichi was very anxious to get his body back. Though his identity as Conan does have perks, as bad guys don't see him as a threat and he's small enough to do things adults can't do, such as crawl through tight spaces, so he gets adjusted to it. During the desperate revival arc, though, he did seem kind of sad once he turned back... looking at the Detective Boys did so, so I think it's more the fact he actually is starting to see the Detective Boys as true friends and not just some annoying kids that follow him around like he used to. But he also misses his former body, as he wants to tell Ran his true feelings... after he stops the Black Organization from their evil doings.

• Upvote 1

I agree. At the beginning, Shinichi was very anxious to get his body back. Though his identity as Conan does have perks, as bad guys don't see him as a threat and he's small enough to do things adults can't do, such as crawl through tight spaces, so he gets adjusted to it. During the desperate revival arc, though, he did seem kind of sad once he turned back... looking at the Detective Boys did so, so I think it's more the fact he actually is starting to see the Detective Boys as true friends and not just some annoying kids that follow him around like he used to. But he also misses his former body, as he wants to tell Ran his true feelings... after he stops the Black Organization from their evil doings.

That makes sense, and I agree that Conan has reached the point where he sees the Detective Boys as friends.

I think Shinichi is okay with being Conan when he's 'just Conan', but when he thinks of Ran he gets a bit depressed because he doesn't want her to worry about him. I also agree with detectiveshinichi that he gets sad when he turns back to Conan from his 'real body': every time he's about to shrink he thinks something like, 'Oh no! I'm about to become Conan again!' and that expression on his face is just heartbreaking :(

That makes sense, and I agree that Conan has reached the point where he sees the Detective Boys as friends.

Ya... But there will be no fun when Conan plays with them(soccer and riddles). He will always win as they are not his match.

If he ever, after the final problem has a son he will name him conan

Yeah! I've got a fanfic (hiatus) that goes into that, but a ton of people (main characters) get murdered... I personally think Shinichi really, really hates Conan. Conan forces him to lie, Conan forces him to hide, Conan is what makes his life so horrible. After all, Conan is the result of poison, something he never planned for. He wanted to be a famous detective, he obviously wanted to confess to Ran, he obviously wanted to just be a normal teenager. Conan is stealing his teenage years from him, and he'll never, ever get them back. He should be in high school, playing soccer with his buddies, having fun with Ran. But all of a sudden, because of Conan, he can't do anything that he wanted to. Therefore, I think Shinichi hates Conan and would like nothing more than to kill him permanently. After all, in the London Files at the end he says

If she knew I was going to use them (antidote), she should have given me at least a hundred of them!

Seems likely that Shinichi would hate his Conan persona. After all, our appearance and identity are things we take for granted, and Shinichi had both taken away.

That too! Also, being Conan is also kind of a source of danger. He's in danger because he's Conan. As proved by Movie 13, even hiding, he never knows when he or loved ones might die. He also loves turning back into his true self. I guess it makes him feel less helpless and small.

Hmm...I think that Shinichi doesn't completely detest his form as Conan. There are the occasional perks during cases. I think what really gets to him is the helplessness of being a child and being unable to tell Ran anything. People take their identity for granted sometimes, so it's natural that he would hate "Conan" at first. I think that after a while, Shinichi got used to it and began to look on the slightly more optimistic side of everything. When the time comes, I'm sure that Shinichi will hesitate on whether or not he wants to turn back, but decide to do so anyways.

Yeah! I've got a fanfic (hiatus) that goes into that, but a ton of people (main characters) get murdered... I personally think Shinichi really, really hates Conan. Conan forces him to lie, Conan forces him to hide, Conan is what makes his life so horrible. After all, Conan is the result of poison, something he never planned for. He wanted to be a famous detective, he obviously wanted to confess to Ran, he obviously wanted to just be a normal teenager. Conan is stealing his teenage years from him, and he'll never, ever get them back. He should be in high school, playing soccer with his buddies, having fun with Ran. But all of a sudden, because of Conan, he can't do anything that he wanted to. Therefore, I think Shinichi hates Conan and would like nothing more than to kill him permanently. After all, in the London Files at the end he says

If she knew I was going to use them (antidote), she should have given me at least a hundred of them!

When he takes down the BO hell be more famous then ever ( if the news makes public)

No reason to hate conan,maybe mad some times but does not hate him. At the end he'll mis that kid.

Hm... Very difficult question to answer. I don't think he HATES Conan, but in the beginning, he wanted his body back. Now, he's used to it though. He doesn't LOVE being Conan, but he can deal with it at the moment.

This is a brilliant question...really!!!

Well I don't think shinichi hates nor loves conan... but it's awesome that he has 2 personalities!! :rolleyes:

But it's no fun if conan returns to shinichi...there will be no thrill, excitement, and stuff. But it's also cool whenever conan returns to shinichi... :lol:

I don't think that Shinichi hates Conan (;

At the beginning he wanted his old body back and he felt helpless in this new situation. But after he met Ai he changed his opinion - now I think he enjoys to be Conan and for him it's interesting to have 2 different identities ;p

In the end, when he will get back his old body, he will miss Conan (( but maybe he stays Conan forever and he comes together with Ai-Chan *_* ~ who knows x'D ))

I think the longer the series goes, the more he accepts/starts to realize the perks of being Conan. Obviously he wants his body back sooner rather then later, who wouldnt, but that doesnt mean he hates being Conan. Also, in an early episode (the one where the library director kills an employer for catching whif of his drug ring) He even goes as far as to say that he will miss being Conan, so when he does change back, Im sure he will miss it

He wouldn't hate being Conan. I mean, he learned a lot of stuff about Ran and her family and many other. I gotta say he is a perfect spy for hiding his identity like someone*Cough*IU*Cough*.

I would like to get small again like Shinichi did though. Reset school... :P

he DOES want his body back,, but I dont think he hates conan..

at the first time he really want to go back as soon as possible so bad.. but now, I think he wants to crush BO more than anything~

actually he can be always with Ran xDDD~ even bathing with her!! although is hard for him when ran crying..

• Upvote 1