Detective Conan World

This wiki isn't free at all... There's no democracy... There's no value of art

My editting image was rejected with the admin... it's so dissapointed...

This wiki is so bad...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This wiki isn't free at all... There's no democracy... There's no value of art

My editting image was rejected with the admin... it's so dissapointed...

This wiki is so bad...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Er...are you even sure that what you're posting is relevant?

And besides, wikis aren't supposed to contain fanarts, and I highly doubt that there are any wikis out there that contain fanarts for the articles.

• Upvote 1

This wiki isn't free at all...

Free to read, free to edit, what do you mean? Oh.

There's no democracy... There's no value of art

Hey, fanart has no place in a wiki where we are supposed to document the manga and anime. Any picture we need, we pull from the source material, so it's true to the origin and not distorted by other artists. So, yes, we have little "value of art" as you so well put it, but it's for a good reason.

And also, I say this time and time again: democracy is not an excuse to do whatever you want. The rights of the invidual must be balanced against the rights of the state. We don't use fanart, we don't WANT fanart, and we don't want you to PUT fanart. But we let you edit the wiki and read it for free. I think the small limitation on not putting fanart is a fair trade for the right to edit and read this wiki.

This wiki is so bad...

Actually one of the best DC wikis on the net, if not THE best. Why else would it be ranked on top of Google search results? Obviously because Google search results rank sites on quality, and not because one site didn't let you do what you wanted because it'd be bad for the site.

Ooh, look, a bunch of smilies (frownies) that show your anger.

• Upvote 6

I'm the reverting mod here. I reuploaded all the pictures you posted under the original names - not your filenames, so your pictures are all there. I didn't delete any of them - there are copies of them all. I did that because if you upload a picture under a new name to replace one on a page, the old picture goes into never-never-land on the server. Keeping all the different versions of an image is a good way to keep track of everything, and makes it easy to do server management down the line.

The reason I changed two of the pictures back is because the anime pictures were simply bad. It's not your fault. The anime just didn't do them well. Compare for yourself below.

20130624165619!Sera_Kick.png

vs

Sera_Kick.png

and

20130624165531!Sera_slide_kick.png

vs

Sera_slide_kick.png

The first problem with the anime images is that they don't show the action well. It's just Sera's leg. If they were gifs, that would be another thing. Second, two of your anime images have huge watermarks from streaming sites and subbers (that mark in the upper left is bad) on them. That's no good either. We let the Japanese TV watermarks go because they are non-intrusive and very few people have all the DVDs and good image capturing. Skyechan does her best, but she can't replace every image on the wiki.

We try to have some standards of quality here. Please understand.

-------

I wish I could replace this one

Sera_transfers.png

with this one

20130621075920!Sera_transfers.png

Sera was drawn so badly in the anime in this episode. That's the reason why we have many manga images for Sera at the beginning. Much of the art in her intro episodes was low quality because the usual animators were working on a movie at the time. It would probably be better to find a more recent anime episode with better art...

• Upvote 5