Detective Conan World
Shinxran9111

Kudo Shinichi or Sherlock Holmes? Which is better?

Doesn't Sherlock try to avoid learn things that he considers to be useless to his work as a detective ? He didn't know that the earth orbits the sun, and when Watson told him he made sure he forgot it. On the other hand Shinichi/Conan has knowledge about practically anything, this allows him a wide range of action.

So, you are judging a book character  based on his TV interpretation? I  suggest you  to read some Sherlock Holmes books before commenting on the character.  

That's like saying Explorer is better than Chrome because it came before Chrome.

I'm not going to take a firm stance on this issue since this topic can be argued effectively both ways.

Holmes might be better in that he's the more realistic detective.

Shinichi might be better in that he solves cases at a much faster rate.

It all depends on preference, really.

Shinichi is basically created as an overpowered character in accordance with the shounen genre's  characteristics, that's one of the main reasons that makes him popular among  the shounen fans ( like the majority of this site) . So, it's no surprise that he solves the cases faster. 

As a vivid fan of both characters, I'd say Sherlock Holmes. And not just because I read all of his stories more than 59 times, but it is also because he is the forefather of all fictional detectives..Think about it like this, without Holmes there wouldn't be DC at all...since DC is inspired by SH....Though after SH my favorite is Kudo Shinichi, but then  again this is my opinion..

Even though you read Sherlock Holmes stories more than 59 times you are wrong too. C. Auguste Dupin is the forefather of all fictional detectives, not Sherlock Holmes.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Auguste_Dupin

And you can't know for sure that if there were no Sherlock then there wouldn't be DC either. DC might as well have been inspired by another fictional detective, like Kindaichi did.

It's absurd to compare Sherlock Holmes to Shinichi/Conan in the first place anyway. Especially when there are few people who actually read Sherlock Holmes here.  Then again, it's not surprising.

• Upvote 1

(...)I read all of his stories more than 59 times(...)

This mind-blows me...and I don't think it's just because I'm a terrible reader and I've only read them once...(and it took me a whole summer :lol: ). It must take you like a day to finish one whole novel if you're read them so much....

Anyway, even though SH has a huge role in DC and Gosho's heart, I will go with Detective conan. I find it to be much more entertaining and varied, and that probably goes for the fact that it's an anime. I find the SH story less entertaning because of the time it plays in. The BBC adaptation is although more relevant and entertaining in my opinion, even though I can imgaine many loyal SH fans believe it is a horrible mistake and insult to the orginal story.

Either way I would've loved to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum in London if I had a chance :wub: . Has anybody done that and gotten out with a grin on their faces?

• Upvote 1

I just simply lovee both of them !!

Wont be able to pick up my favourite <3

But as everyone said , they are very different in many ways too ..

So all i can say is .. both are the BEST in their own places ^_^