Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 9: The Chairman

"Well, hello...there." A man suddenly appeared at the teacher's desk wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase. "I have finished grading your answers. Those who got it correct gain 1 point. Those who got it wrong lose 1 point. Those who don't answer lose 4 points." You should see the results soon."

"Right now it is your break time. You could consider it a point of order. Once this ends, a new rule will be instated. And a new puzzle. Well, then, good luck." The man then opens the door and walks out, closing it behind him. Have a nice day, sir. Hiragi thought. So she had regained the point she had lost. She looked over at Hakuyan. Wait.

"Alright Sasaki-kun. Since I have never formally accepted any relationship between us there's no need for any breakups." Hiragi bit her nail nervously. What would happen to Miyu for hiding what she truly felt? Hiragi turned to Rose, trying to take her mind off it.

"So....any idea about the man who came here?" She asked her with a smile.

It seems this puzzle is a little too easy. Hmmm. But I don't mind." The voice commented, sounding amused.

"Miyu, Hiragi, Hakuyan, and Rose. You have lost 1 point due to breaking a rule."

What did I do wrong this time? Rose thought.

"Trust me, you do not want to lose 7 points. You have 6 points left." The voice added.

So if I lost seven points I'm no more? Fine, bring it on. Rose grinned, she turned to look at Miyu, Hiragi and Hakuyan. They're all so different from each others but in this moment they shared something; they all had this fear sparkling in their eyes.

What happened next, some furious guy took Eiji's bat, and tried smashing the one of the classroom's windows. Some students tried jumping out of the window and run for their lives. But just then, all hell broke loose. Bullets were shot from the unknown, sending a few bodies flying dead.

Some guy shouted "KARI-CHAN NO, IM GOING TO KILL YOU YOU MURDERER ! F***ING A*****E" Rose was surprised with this guy's gut, how could he say something like this?! Then she remembered that he was Kari's boyfriend. Poor guy, or to be accurate stupid guy. What he did later was another stupid thing, he used a dead body as a shield and tried to get out of the window. Now that's an offense to the dead And for sure, he exploded.

After that was nothing but silence. No one dared to move a muscle. Some girl screamed. End of the sweet silence Rose tried to recognize the voice, realizing later it's Miyu's. Apparently she got injured.

"Well, hello.. There." A man suddenly appeared at the teacher's desk, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase. Rose immediately recognized his voice as being... Well, the voice. "I have finished grading your answers, those who got it correct gain 1 point. Those who got it wrong lose 1 point. Those who didn't give an answer lose four points. , You should see the results soon." He continued: "Right now it's your break time. You could consider it s point of order, once this ends, a new rule will be instated along with a new puzzle. Well, then, Good luck." Good luck? Like luck is a much of use during such a situation. the man then simply walked out the door, the door that everyone tried to open. Simply, just like that. Leaving everyone deep in their thoughts.

Hiragi turned to Rose. "So, any idea about the man who showed up here?" She asked her with a smile. is this really the right time for a smile? Rose didn't want to seem rude, after studying the girl carefully she returned the smile. Not knowing what to say.

Haku sat down at a desk near the center of the room and stared at the door to the classroom. The brief second that man had opened it to step out gave him a view of the outside world. It was like nothing was out of the ordinary. Like no one cared what was happening to them.

There were so many things he couldn't explain. So many things that shouldn't be but were.

These rules... He had to figure them out. But for now, the only option was to follow Hiragi's advice.

Be a good student, huh?

Well, what did good students do? They behaved. Sat at their desks quietly. Paid attention in class. Tried to answer questions. Took notes.

Maybe that'd help. Hakuyan grabbed a notebook off the floor and a pencil from the desk. He began scribbling down everything they knew so far about the game. There had to be some kind of pattern to it.

"If anyone has any theories that could help us win, I'd like to hear them," he said. "The most confusing rules are the ones that expect us to say certain things."

"Maybe they just want us to be nice?"

"I guess. But to who, when, why, etc. is what we need to figure out."

"Well, hello again, students." The man appeared back in the room. "I would like to clarify something: I declared a point of order earlier. During a point of order, no rules apply. It is, after all, your break period." He looked at his watch. "I believe point of order has ended now. A new rule has been instated. And a new puzzle will be issued. Good luck." Once again, the man walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

(End point of order.

The new puzzle:

2) How many s's are in this sentence? "Slowly the snake slithers across the snake-infested snares.")

• Upvote 1

"Hey...let's break up."

"Eh?" Miyu said, her surprise obvious.

"Hakuyan!!! What are you talking about? Talk about great timing!" Mao yelled at him.

"No it's okay Mao... He's not being a jerk this time as he usually is."

"But Miyu-chan..."

"Alright Sasaki-kun. Since I have never formally accepted any relationship between us there's no need for any breakups." 

Meanwhile, Misaki watched the scene unfold silently. I have to say, one of the smarter choices Hakuyan has made.

"Well, hello...there." A man suddenly appeared at the teacher's desk, clad in a nice suit (looked expensive; judging from the stitching she would guess Armani) and carrying a briefcase. "I have finished grading your answers. Those who got it correct gain 1 point. Those who got it wrong lose 1 point. Those who don't answer lose 4 points." You should see the results soon."

"Right now it is your break time. You could consider it a point of order. Once this ends, a new rule will be instated. And a new puzzle. Well, then, good luck." The man then opens the door and walks out, closing it behind him.

Once he exited, the results projected onto the screen. She was pleased with herself for getting the answer right, though she had also lost a point. What did I do wrong? Need to use this time to go over my actions... Well, at least the added point neutralized the lost one.

She sat on the turned over desk, now riddled with bullet holes as she began to start at the beginning. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Hakuyan grab a notebook off the floor and a pencil from a desk before scribbling in it. Perhaps he knows something?

"If anyone has any theories that could help us win, I'd like to hear them," he said to everybody. "The most confusing rules are the ones that expect us to say certain things."

"Maybe they just want us to be nice?" someone chimed in.

"I guess. But to who, when, why, etc. is what we need to figure out." 

Before anyone could say another word, the man reappeared.

"Well, hello again, students," he greeted. "I would like to clarify something: I declared a point of order earlier. During a point of order, no rules apply. It is, after all, your break period." He looked at his watch. "I believe point of order has ended now. A new rule has been instated. And a new puzzle will be issued. Good luck." Once again, the man walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

The minute he was gone, the riddle projected onto the screen.

How many s's are in this sentence? "Slowly the snake slithers across the snake-infested snares."

Misaki carefully studied the riddle. It could be- No, can't be. So I guess it could be that....

After a few minutes, she wrote her answer down on a scrap piece of paper and waited. 

Hiragi thought continiously, staring at the new question. Tearing another scrap of paper from her notebook, she wrote her answer, carefully folded it. She scanned the people around her, and then walked up to the desk and left her answer, before returning to her seat, deep in thought.

Miyu sighs as the question appeared on the screen again.

She was confused over the question but she answered anyway. -1 is much better than -4 anyway.

"What did you answer?" Mao asked.

Miyu raised her paper to her.

"I see. We share the same answer then."

Miyu nodded.

"How's your leg Miyu chan?"

"The bleeding has stopped. Misaki's first aid was done well."

"That's good."

"Thanks."

"Miyu chan..."

"Yea?" It was long since she had a normal chat other than school work with Mao.

"Are you... Afraid?"

"... If I said no I would most likely be lying."

"I see. Hehe." The girl chuckled a bit. Miyu ignored the puzzling behavior. People can turn crazy in these kind of situations.

"Well, hello again, students. This time the results of the puzzle were a bit...disappointing, I will admit. You can see for yourself."

"More importantly, Metantei Kiddo has been eliminated. Frankly, I barely remember him, and rules and rules. I advise you turn away." After the hideous ordeal was over, the man spoke. "Again, it is the p of o. Another rule and puzzle will be deployed after this."

(P of o.

Anime Girl 4 Eva: -1

Alcadeias: -1

Misaki: -1

KKLT: -1

Lovestruck: -1

Metantei Kiddo: -4 (eliminated))

"Well, hello again, students."

Misaki looked to the desk, where the man was standing. "This time the results of the puzzle were a bit...disappointing, I will admit. You can see for yourself."

The results flashed onto the screen. She frowned at the fact that she had lost yet another point. I will have to do better.

"More importantly, Metantei Kiddo has been eliminated. Frankly, I barely remember him, and rules and rules. I advise you turn away." She did as suggested, since she would rather not have to see more death than needed. Who was Metantei Kiddo anyway? After a few minutes, the man continued, "Again, it is the p of o. Another rule and puzzle will be deployed after this."

And with that, he was gone. Chatter slowly filled the air as she made her way to Hakuyan, her brown skirt swishing with every step. "So, what do you have?"

"Well, hello again, students. This time the results of the puzzle were a bit...disappointing, I will admit. You can see for yourself."

The man walked in once again and reported.

Looks like Miyu has lost a point yet again.

"More importantly, Metantei Kiddo has been eliminated. Frankly, I barely remember him, and rules and rules. I advise you turn away." 

'Who was that?' Miyu had no impression of him.

After the hideous ordeal was over, the man spoke. "Again, it is the p of o. Another rule and puzzle will be deployed after this."

With that, he left the classroom again.

Miyu counted. She has only 4 points left. Will they be stuck in this classroom indefinitely?

Hope not. The remaining of the students has gathered together to discuss about the recent events. Many who has lost points started crying and praying. Miyu thought it was strange that the guy could get in and out of the classroom without being shot like the rest of the students.

"Could it be..." Everyone turned around to face Miyu. "The door isn't actually locked?"

"What are you talking about!?" Another student in the class commented. "We tried it at the very beginning remember!?"

"What about after that?"

"Didn't you see the entire mass of dead bodies around!? They tried to get out of the windo-wait."

"You see...? No one tried the door afterwards isn't it?"

"... True. But who can guarantee that nothing will happen if we tried to open the door? Like the window incident..."

"The man went out of it unharmed didn't he?"

"That's because he is the organizer, they must have stopped the firing just for him right?"

"Well tha-"

*creak* Everyone turned to the sound.

"Hey guys... I think... I have just discovered something... haha." Mao said to the group while laughing coldly. She has just opened the classroom door. Everyone stared in shock.

"Sorry I'm late." The man stuck his head into the doorway. "And I guess you guys already realized the door's unlocked. Took less than I thought. Anyway, I have the riddles with me, if you wish. And although I am not allowed to tell you the rules, I heavily advise against escaping unless you have 8 points." He winked. "Good luck. P of o ended."

(End p of o.

3) There are 3 stoves. A glass stove, a brick stove, and a wood stove. You only have 1 match. Which do you light up first?)

Before Hakuyan could answer, Miyu said, "Could it be... The door isn't actually locked?"

"What are you talking about!?" someone said. "We tried it at the very beginning remember!?"

"What about after that?"

"Didn't you see the entire mass of dead bodies around!? They tried to get out of the windo- wait."

"... True. But who can guarantee that nothing will happen if we tried to open the door? Like the window incident..."

"That's because he is the organizer, they must have stopped the firing just for him right?"

"Well tha-"

At the sound of something creaking, everyone turned to the door.

"Hey guys... I think... I have just discovered something... haha." Mao laughed, though it was anything but warm. She has just opened the classroom door. Everyone stared in shock, Misaki included. The door is open? Why is that?

"Sorry I'm late." The man said as he stuck his head through the doorway. "And I guess you guys already realized the door's unlocked. Took less than I thought. Anyway, I have the riddles with me, if you wish. And although I am not allowed to tell you the rules, I heavily advise against escaping unless you have 8 points."

He gave the class a wink. "Good luck. P of o ended."

Eight points, huh? Well, I'm at six right now... So as long as I don't lose any more points I should be good soon.

Like the last two times, after the man had left the next riddle flashed onto the screen.

3) There are 3 stoves. A glass stove, a brick stove, and a wood stove. You only have 1 match. Which do you light up first?

Misaki studied the riddle, thinking long and hard about what to answer before scribbling it down on a piece of paper. Once she placed it on her desk, she waited.

After answering the second puzzle, Rose waited. She didn't know why or till when would she wait, or even what is she waiting for.

Finally, it happened. 'Well hello again, students. This time the results were a bit...Disappointing, I will admit. You can see for yourself." Yes and Rose loses another point lalala. Why wouldn't you tell us the answers if you think you're so clever, Old man?! Rose could've barely stopped herself from throwing a desk at that man and get his head smashed. Rose turned to look at the screen behind the man. Just like she guessed, she lost a point. Yay. . "More importantly.." Rose turned to the man. Shoting him one of her nasty looks. She watched as what seemed like a little grin appeared on his face, it vanished real quick so she wasn't so sure what it was.

" Metantei Kiddo has been eliminated. Frankly, I barely remember him, and rules and rules. I advise you turn away." After the hideous ordeal was over, the man spoke. "Again, it is the p of o. Another rule and puzzle will be deployed after this." And that was..? And then again, the man left the classroom.

"Could it be..." Everyone turned around to face Miyu. "The door isn't actually locked?"

"What are you talking about!?" Another student in the class commented. "We tried it at the very beginning remember!?"

"What about after that?"

"Didn't you see the entire mass of dead bodies around!? They tried to get out of the windo-wait."

"Well tha-"

*creak* Everyone turned to the sound.

"Hey guys... I think... I have just discovered something... haha." Mao said to the group while laughing coldly. She has just opened the classroom door. Everyone stared in shock.

That idiot. She'll explode. Right now. Wait for it. Wait for it. Nothing. That was weird.

"Sorry I'm late." The man reappeared in the doorway. "And I guess you guys already realized the door's unlocked. Took less than I thought. Anyway, I have the riddles with me, if you wish. And although I am not allowed to tell you the rules, I heavily advise against escaping unless you have 8 points." He winked. "Good luck. P of o ended."

Hm. Eight points.. She needed one more point. And she's getting it. Rose grinned once again. The third puzzle appeared on the screen. This won't be as easy as it seemed

One of the students was poking around and found a briefcase. The man's briefcase. "Hey, guys, look over here!" He opened the suitcase and pulled out...a bunch of cards. Small metallic cards with intricate drawings and a description in English. "What the hell are these? Grand Scheme?"

"I guess they could be useful."

"I should take one."

"Hey, me too!"

======================================================

(Cards out. Each of you pick from these 5 (pick by PM):

Grand Scheme

"+2 point, other players loses 2 points."

Shuffle Time

"Two players of your choosing (can choose yourself) trade points.

Power Ceiling

"Other players lose points until they have the same number of points as you do."

Classified Waiver

"You do not need to answer the riddle. You get rewards as normal."

Power Jack

"+4 points. Other players gain +2 points."

From this point on, you may either choose to gain 1 point or draw a random card for solving riddles (PM me on which). To use a card, you must say a certain incantation at any time along with the card name and relevant targets (if any), which I can't tell you. If you don't say the incantation you lose 2 points and the card.)

One of the students was poking around and found a briefcase. The man's briefcase. "Hey, guys, look over here!" He opened the suitcase and pulled out...a bunch of cards. Small metallic cards with intricate drawings and a description in English. "What the hell are these? Grand Scheme?"

"I should take one."

"Hey, me too!"

Miyu took a look at the cards and decided what she should do.

"Good afternoon. My, you're all silent." He looked around. "Ah, you found my suitcase. And looks like you've been peeking around. No problem, that's all part of the plan."

"I'll make this one quick, the results are up, p of o, and so forth. Good day." The man slipped out of the room.

=====================================

( P of o.

Anime Girl 4 Eva: -4 

Alcadeias: +1 

Misaki: +1 

KKLT: +1 

Lovestruck: -1)

Which one should I pick? thought Hiragi. The scores had come back. She had 7 points again. Just one more. They needed a plan. A damn good one.

I knew this wasn't going to work out. Rose thought, after taking a quick look at the results. Three More. She decided to wait for the next puzzle. Yawning, she decided to take a nap.

---

( Do we even sleep? Or get some food? That's a little bit extreme. :/ )

From her seat, she saw someone poking around the desk before pulling out a briefcase. The man's briefcase. "Hey, guys, look over here!" He said as he opened the suitcase and pulled out a stack of small metallic cards, intricate designs decorating them. "What the hell are these? Grand Scheme?"

"I should take one."

"Hey, me too!"

Misaki watched as students scurried up to the front to get a card. They could be a trap. After all, it did come from his briefcase. Not going to risk it.

"Good afternoon. My, you're all silent."

She brought her attention to the door, where the man stood. "Ah, you found my suitcase. And looks like you've been peeking around. No problem, that's all part of the plan."

"I'll make this one quick, the results are up, p of o, and so forth. Good day."

And with that, he slipped out of the room.

The result flashed onto the screen. A small smile decorated her face as she saw that she had gained a point. Just one more. Then I can get out.

Since it was their break time once more and she was getting a bit hungry (really, you would think the man would feed them), she grabbed a granola bar from her desk and munched on it as she waited for the next riddle to come.

Miyu looked around. After the guy came in and said something about the briefcase, some who took the card put it back. Something from the briefcase caught her eye. She bent down and looked at it.

She felt a resonance to it and picked it up.

First thing that came to her mind: Poker cards. The set of cards with four suits. Two red, two black. Usually used in casinos. Popular games with it are the poker, black jack. She wondered if the card she holds on to has anything to do with poker cards?

Next comes the tarot. She was fairly interested in them for a while after Mao introduced it to her. She was quite amused at how the people came up with the idea of such cards. She hasn't researched much into it yet though.

Whatever it is, they give her a bad feeling about the situation.

This time the man didn't show up. The riddle appeared on the board, however.

===============================

(End p of o.

Excess is to litter as immolate is to:

A) annex

B) thinning

C) burn

D) actually

Remember to pick which prize you want!)

As Misaki threw away her wrapper, she noticed that the next riddle was on the board even though the man hadn't appeared. I wonder why he didn't come this time.

But instead of contemplating the fact more, she decided it was a better use of her time to actually read and solve the riddle.

Excess is to litter as immolate is to:

A) annex

B) thinning

C) burn

D) actually

She frowned. Unlike the last riddle, this one was hard. After going over her options (and looking up what immolate meant in one of the classroom dictionaries), she wrote down her answer and waited.

"Just because it is difficult, it doesn't mean you can leave it alone. The problems of the world are solved by struggle and toil, aren't they? Anyways, Sasaki (AG4E) has been eliminated. And I have a final riddle for you. There will be no more breaks." He paused, took a breath, then recited:

"Chester is driving down a road. Along the way, he meets Arthur, driving the opposite direction. Who is the only person, under all logical circumstances, that Chester cannot meet while driving?" He paused, then walked over and picked up his suitcase. "I don't know if this will be hard for you, but it does not matter. Anyone who answers this riddle correctly will be able to leave. Anyone who does not will be left here...for an extended amount of time. And by that, I mean forever." He began to walk out, then stopped. "By the way, I will inform you of one last thing. All penalties resulting from rule infractions have been tripled. And then, good luck to all of you, experiments." He walked out of the room once again.

After the man left, the results of the previous riddle appeared on the board:

Anime Girl 4 Eva: -4 (eliminated)

Alcadeias: -4

Misaki-chan: -1

Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief: -4

Lovestruck: -1

=========================

(Riddle riddle, 3x penalties. End p of o.)

"Just because it is difficult, it doesn't mean you can leave it alone. The problems of the world are solved by struggle and toil, aren't they?"

Misaki turned to the front of the class, where the man stood. "Anyways, Sasaki has been eliminated."

She could see the color drain from Hakuyan's face before squeezing her eyes shut, not wanting to see what she knew would happen next. The sound of someone exploding filled the room as a drop of what was once the baseball star splashed onto her face. Grimacing, she slowly wiped it off with a scrap piece of paper. Meanwhile, after Hakuyan had been... eliminated, the man continued. "And I have a final riddle for you. There will be no more breaks." He paused, took a breath, then recited:

"Chester is driving down a road. Along the way, he meets Arthur, driving the opposite direction. Who is the only person, under all logical circumstances, that Chester cannot meet while driving?"

He paused once more before walking over and picking up his suitcase. "I don't know if this will be hard for you, but it does not matter. Anyone who answers this riddle correctly will be able to leave. Anyone who does not will be left here...for an extended amount of time. And by that, I mean forever."

He began to walk out, then stopped. "By the way, I will inform you of one last thing. All penalties resulting from rule infractions have been tripled. And then, good luck to all of you, experiments." 

After the man left, the results of the previous riddle appeared on the board. Misaki frowned, having lost yet another point for getting the wrong answer. Though at least I'm still going strong. I have the most points out of everyone.

As far as the riddle went, after repeating it in her head a few times she thought she knew the answer. So she wrote it down and waited.

"Just because it is difficult, it doesn't mean you can leave it alone. The problems of the world are solved by struggle and toil, aren't they?"

Misaki turned to the front of the class, where the man stood. "Anyways, Sasaki has been eliminated."

She could see the color drain from Hakuyan's face before squeezing her eyes shut, not wanting to see what she knew would happen next. The sound of someone exploding filled the room as a drop of what was once the baseball star splashed onto her face. Grimacing, she slowly wiped it off with a scrap piece of paper. Meanwhile, after Hakuyan had been... eliminated, the man continued. "And I have a final riddle for you. There will be no more breaks." He paused, took a breath, then recited:

"Chester is driving down a road. Along the way, he meets Arthur, driving the opposite direction. Who is the only person, under all logical circumstances, that Chester cannot meet while driving?"

He paused once more before walking over and picking up his suitcase. "I don't know if this will be hard for you, but it does not matter. Anyone who answers this riddle correctly will be able to leave. Anyone who does not will be left here...for an extended amount of time. And by that, I mean forever."

He began to walk out, then stopped. "By the way, I will inform you of one last thing. All penalties resulting from rule infractions have been tripled. And then, good luck to all of you, experiments." 

After the man left, the results of the previous riddle appeared on the board. Misaki frowned, having lost yet another point for getting the wrong answer. Though at least I'm still going strong. I have the most points out of everyone.

As far as the riddle went, after repeating it in her head a few times she thought she knew the answer. So she wrote it down and waited.

(Not saying "first". -3)