Detective Conan World
Misaki-chan

DCW IRL Round 8: The Habitat

Hex sighed, about to give in to Vivi's request. But after a moment she took the cloak and draped it over the smaller girl's shoulders. "No. It's okay. You two go. Fly if you must, but get way from here. Two miles from here I have a safehouse set up with the police from the Habitat, we were planning on bringing everyone after operation jailbreak, but Xero wasn't able to complete it. If you can get there, get in, stay hidden until I come for you. I can take care of a little gunfire." She smiled, wiping blood from her cheek.

"With my fur, I'm a good, eye-catching distraction, right?" She hadn't told any of the other experiments about her scientific immortality, but she figured from the witnessing of her regeneration they would understand what she meant when she said, "I'll be fine." The only issue was how long it would take to heal. She'd had worse injuries than what these weapons could  inflict, experiments done solely to see how much she could survive. It was terrifying to know, but she could not be killed. No matter how much she wanted to die, she wouldn't age, could not stop her cells from living. Her body, her blood was indestructible. And it destroyed anything they came into contact wi-

"I've got an idea!" She grinned and pushed the two girls away from the sound of guns and artillery, yelling, "Go!" Then she emptied the rifles, taking the bullets and soaking them in her blood, which luckily was plentiful.As she reloaded the weapons, she allowed her self a  smirk, leveling it at the first man in the scope. "Guaranteed one shot fatality, guys..." 

After the terrified man had run far enough from the experiments, he slowed to a stop and quickly dialed his phone. 

"Hello?"

"It's... It's me Boss."

"I can tell Moretti. Caller ID. So how did Mission Habitat going? Did you do your job?"

"Um.... Well you see, I think I killed one, but I didn't get them all..."

"....."

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

"I don't want excuses. Since you were unable to do it, get backup to do your job."

"Y-Yes Boss!"

Before she could hear any more excuses, she hung up. From the back of the car, she glanced at the GPS screen before showing it to the driver and asking, "How long will it take you to get us here Andrew?"

The young man driving glanced at the screen before answering, "Around twenty minutes?"

She opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Andrew. "I know, make it fifteen."

A small smile graced her features as she replied, "I was going to say ten."

He let out a little laugh. "Then hold on to your hat Marie, because we're going to go at light speed!"

"I've got an idea!" Hex grinned as she pushed her and Lily away from the gunfire, yelling "Go!"not knowing what she was talking about, the two girls went ahead, hoping the wolf's idea is a great one. Within minutes, the twins had flown back to the huge open field which they had passed through earlier. There they will not be able to get any free covers or camouflage. Increasing their speed, the two sisters zoomed out without any hesitation.

"Up!" Vivi commanded when sounds of firing started. Lily flew up with Vivi as instructed.

While going up, Vivi scanned the area two miles away and indeed, she spotted the safe house she has heard so much about.

"There!" She indicated to Lily as both descended to the ground, travelling the longer distance so that the pursues could not track their location.

After a while of flying and dodging, the sounds of firing gradually got further and eventually stopped. Within the next few minutes, Vivi and Lily reached the safe house.

"Here!" A voice from around the corner could be heard. Turning back, they realized the voice came from within a bush.

'Guess the real safe house isn't this prominent hut...' Vivi thought as she quickly dove into the bushes where the voice came from, with Lily following behind.

----

(Voice could be from anyone. :P)

He never did like the woods. Always full of things like ticks and poison ivy. As Moretti hiked at the front of the group, constantly looking at the GPS to see where they should be going. 

Finally, they reached the location, which was... A bush. They stared at it for a few moments before Moretti said quietly, "Ready everyone? On my count."

With a nod from backup, he put up his fingers one at a time till he had three up before diving into the bush.

Oh god don't let me die.

(BTW, for those still writing, this ends on June 7th. On that day, if you're not done then I will kill you all either by shooting you, bombing you or whatever way I feel like killing you all on that day.)

(There was a prominent hut there. Why he thought the bush was the safehouse is a mystery. :V)

*CRACKKKK*

Moretti's head landed on something extremely hard.

"What the S***!" The guy screamed as his head hit the solid hard rock. He parted the bush and found only a rock and no entrances. "What the h*** is going on!?"

He tried to remove the rock but to no avail.

Meanwhile, the owl twins were following a stranger through the tunnel underground. 

"Where are you leading us to?" Vivi asked.

"The safehouse~" she replied. 

The tunnel was pretty dark, but there were fireflies around, enough light for them to navigate through the tunnels. There were a few forks and divides, and the stranger seemed to be familiar with the tunnels, led them through.

Vivi examined her features. 'A mole...? That's cool...'

After a few twists and turns, they finally reached an open space in the underground.

"We're here." the mole announced as it jumped up a distance and out of the hole above.

A normal human will not be able to jump that high. Vivi aligned her wings and jumped, catching enough wind to zoom up, but not opening it up too much such that it may be able to fit through the hole. Lily followed suit.

"Vivi! You're here too!" a familiar voice was heard from a distance.

Vivi looked towards the direction of the voice.

-----------------

(Sorry Moretti. :P :P :P)

"Vivi! You're here too!" The twins turned to find Sakila sitting near a small fireplace. "Oh! Lily. What's up?"

Sakila stood up and led the two to the cheetah at the head of the small, but lively, gathering. "You guys, this is Scar, otherwise known as 2."

A tall, formidable man with dark skin and contrasting yellow hair sat at a table up front. Three prominent scars ran horizontally across his left cheek

"Nice to meet you guys. After the unfortunate fates met by our leader Xero, I've become a sort of makeshift representative of this group. Make yourselves comfortable."

Sakila inspected the twins for a second. "You guys don't seem to be in top condition, huh? Let's go to the infirmary." She led them down a flight of steps to a clean white room that was completely different to the earthy feel of the top floor of the safehouse.

"There are five underground floors to this safehouse. The top is the is the common area. It's also a meeting room and dining hall. There's a kitchen at the far end. Oh! And we also have a TV. It's pretty cool. The second floor is the infirmary. As you can see, we have quite a few people who need proper treatment."

The first bed was occupied by a familiar face. "Ziva!"

"Hey," came the reply. Ziva smirked and put down her book. "They did quite a number on you guys, too, huh? We've got a good medic here. Speaking of..."

A woman with a calm smile approached them. "Dr. Grace Webb, as you all know. She's an outcast, too."

"Why don't you all come with me?" Sakila noticed the distrust on their faces as the former scientist started walking to a nearby unoccupied bed.

"Don't worry. She won't do anything. Ah! Right, I was saying... the third and fourth floors are sleeping areas and the fifth is... The fifth, I'll show you when you get better. Now let's get you treated!" Sakila sat them down on individual beds.

Now... I just hope they'll be able to recover in time for the upcoming battle.

Sakila sighed. Who knew this would happen?

"Here we are. The address you indicated, Miss."

"Thank you." Sakila handed him some money she'd gotten from the police. She got out of the cab and looked at the surroundings. She was sure she was being followed.

The street looked normal enough. The neighborhood was in a suburban one. The houses and wide green lawns and pretty porches. Some kids were playing hopscotch while a man washed his car across the street. The house she was looking for was a tall, two-story home with red shutters and a big white door. She walked up to the porch and looked at her reflection in the windows. Good, no leopard characteristics visible. She had morphed into her full human form. Taking a deep breath, she rang the doorbell.

She heard quickly approaching footsteps from inside and the door suddenly opened to reveal a young boy.

"Hi."

"Hi. Would you like to see mom?"

"Uh, yeah, can you call her out?"

The boy ran off, yelling, "MOM!"

The woman he returned with was someone Sakila was not prepared to meet.

It was... her.

No. That wasn't exactly true. It was an older version of her, but she could clearly tell that they were related. The same eyes as Sakila, the same lips, the same nose the same cheekbones. Everything.

"Yes? Who might you be?"

"I... My name... is Sakila."

"Oh, are you here for Saiki? She did tell me one of her friends was coming over today..."

"No! I... er... I mean, do you know who I am?"

"I'm sorry," the woman replied. "Have you been here before? I don't remember seeing you."

"You... don't? Then, this might sound a bit weird, but please listen to me." The woman nodded in return.

"When I was young, I got separated from my parents at an airport. I tracked down my old address and it led me to here."

"Really?" The woman seemed to be pondering over the words.

"I think... you might be... my--"

"I see where you're going with this, honey, but I don't think that's the case. You see, we only moved into this house a few years back."

"O-oh. I s-see. Um, then excuse me." She turned to leave when she heard the little boy say, "What are you talking about, Mom? You told me you lived here for twenty years."

Sakila turned around only to see the woman throw her a frantic expression before shutting the door in her face. "W-wait! Wait! Please don't hide anything from me! Please open the door!" Sakila tried to push the door open and jiggled the doorknob. "PLEASE!"

After a while, it became clear that the woman wouldn't open the door. She sat down on the stairs, her eyes tearing up as a car pulled up in the driveway. A middle-aged man and a teenage girl stepped out.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He asked her, alarmed to see someone crying on his front steps.

These people... Are they...

"No. I-I'm fine. I just got something in my eye. I just sat down to try and get it out. Sorry. I'm done with everything here." She cracked a smile before jumping down the steps and walking away as quick as she could.

"Wait a sec," she heard someone say behind her. But she couldn't turn back. Not anymore. She took off running.

The rest was a blurry memory. She remembered someone hitting her from behind. The next thing she knew, she was at the safehouse. Turned out they were trying to recapture all the experiments and scientists involved in the Habitat. Someone had seen her being taken away and saved her life. Scar wasn't sure who it was that had knocked out the two men trying to kidnap her and brought her to the safehouse.

But he did tell her that they had to be prepared. There would be one last battle for all of them.

I keep getting involved with these experiments. But I guess I had a reason this time.

It wasn't difficult taking down Sakila's pursuers. Hired thugs: certainly not a large threat, even if my melee prowess has been weakened. He pulled both thugs aside, woke one up, then pointed a gun at his forehead and conducted an quick "interrogation". That was one thing he was always good at; he knew what made people tick.

So, they're trying to recapture all the experiments and scientists that worked at the Habitat. Looks like this is going to get difficult. Jae sighed, then shot both thugs. And I just wanted to settle down for a while. I guess that'll have to wait. He looked at Sakila's unconscious figure, then sighed. Jae knew where the experients were gathered: a rather obscure safehouse. He took Sakila, slung her over his shoulder, and groaned. Either I'm weak, or she's really heavy!

He managed to return her to the safehouse, making sure no one tailed him or noticed him. He was about to walk back out of the woods when he noticed a group of suspicious figures, obviously searching for the safehouse. For the second time in this post, Jae sighed. It's like they always know where they are. Insider agent? But more importantly, should I go help?

Jae snuck up behind a straggler about to enter the safehouse, and tapped his shoulder. He coursed a bit of electricity through the man, and he fell unconscious. He dragged the man's unconscious body, quickly took his uniform, his weapon. Then he dived through the bush himself, and quickly caught up to the group. He quickly dealt out a few apologies, and the group was suspicious, but no one recognized him. Well, that's great. Guess I'll just follow these guys for a bit.

"Vivi! You're here too!" The three turned to find Sakila sitting near a small fireplace. "Oh! Hex. Lily. What's up?"

Sakila stood up and led the three to the cheetah at the head of the small, but lively, gathering. "You guys, this is Scar, otherwise known as 2."

A tall, formidable man with dark skin and contrasting yellow hair sat at a table up front. Three prominent scars ran horizontally across his left cheek

"Nice to meet you three. After the unfortunate fates met by our leader Xero, I've become a sort of makeshift representative of this group. Make yourselves comfortable."

Sakila inspected the three for a second. "You guys don't seem to be in top condition, huh? Let's go to the infirmary." She led them down a flight of steps to a clean white room that was completely different to the earthy feel of the top floor of the safehouse.

"There are five underground floors to this safehouse. The top is the is the common area. It's also a meeting room and dining hall. There's a kitchen at the far end. Oh! And we also have a TV. It's pretty cool. The second floor is the infirmary. As you can see, we have quite a few people who need proper treatment."

The first bed was occupied by a familiar face. "Ziva!"

"Hey," came the reply. Ziva smirked and put down her book. "They did quite a number on you guys, too, huh? We've got a good medic here. Speaking of..."

A woman with a calm smile approached them. "Dr. Grace Webb, as you all know. She's an outcast, too."

"Why don't you all come with me?" Sakila noticed the distrust on their faces.

"Don't worry. She won't do anything. Ah! Right, I was saying... the third and fourth floors are sleeping areas and the fifth is... The fifth, I'll show you when you get better. Now let's get you treated!" Sakila sat them down on individual beds.

Now... I just hope they'll be able to recover in time for the upcoming battle.

Sakila sighed. Who knew this would happen?

"Here we are. The address you indicated, Miss."

"Thank you." Sakila handed him some money she'd gotten from the police. She got out of the cab and looked at the surroundings. She was sure she was being followed.

The street looked normal enough. The neighborhood was in a suburban one. The houses and wide green lawns and pretty porches. Some kids were playing hopscotch while a man washed his car across the street. The house she was looking for was a tall, two-story home with red shutters and a big white door. She walked up to the porch and looked at her reflection in the windows. Good, no leopard characteristics visible. She had morphed into her full human form. Taking a deep breath, she rang the doorbell.

She heard quickly approaching footsteps from inside and the door suddenly opened to reveal a young boy.

"Hi."

"Hi. Would you like to see mom?"

"Uh, yeah, can you call her out?"

The boy ran off, yelling, "MOM!"

The woman he returned with was someone Sakila was not prepared to meet.

It was... her.

No. That wasn't exactly true. It was an older version of her, but she could clearly tell that they were related. The same eyes as Sakila, the same lips, the same nose the same cheekbones. Everything.

"Yes? Who might you be?"

"I... My name... is Sakila."

"Oh, are you here for Saiki? She did tell me one of her friends was coming over today..."

"No! I... er... I mean, do you know who I am?"

"I'm sorry," the woman replied. "Have you been here before? I don't remember seeing you."

"You... don't? Then, this might sound a bit weird, but please listen to me." The woman nodded in return.

"When I was young, I got separated from my parents at an airport. I tracked down my old address and it led me to here."

"Really?" The woman seemed to be pondering over the words.

"I think... you might be... my--"

"I see where you're going with this, honey, but I don't think that's the case. You see, we only moved into this house a few years back."

"O-oh. I s-see. Um, then excuse me." She turned to leave when she heard the little boy say, "What are you talking about, Mom? You told me you lived here for twenty years."

Sakila turned around only to see the woman throw her a frantic expression before shutting the door in her face. "W-wait! Wait! Please don't hide anything from me! Please open the door!" Sakila tried to push the door open and jiggled the doorknob. "PLEASE!"

After a while, it became clear that the woman wouldn't open the door. She sat down on the stairs, her eyes tearing up as a car pulled up in the driveway. A middle-aged man and a teenage girl stepped out.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He asked her, alarmed to see someone crying on his front steps. 

These people... Are they...

"No. I-I'm fine. I just got something in my eye. I just sat down to try and get it out. Sorry. I'm done with everything here." She cracked a smile before jumping down the steps and walking away as quick as she could.

"Wait a sec," she heard someone say behind her. But she couldn't turn back. Not anymore. She took off running.

The rest was a blurry memory. She remembered someone hitting her from behind. The next thing she knew, she was at the safehouse. Turned out they were trying to recapture all the experiments and scientists involved in the Habitat. Someone had seen her being taken away and saved her life. Scar wasn't sure who it was that had knocked out the two men trying to kidnap her and brought her to the safehouse.

But he did tell her that they had to be prepared. There would be one last battle for all of them.

(Hex isn't with the girls. She stayed behind to fight.)

"Dammit!" Hex spat the curse as she spun, firing off two rounds without using her scope. A bullet had streaked past, grazing her hand, and she wasn't in the mood for it. "Alright, let's take this seriously," she mumbled, locking her aim on the row of men on the crest of the only hill in sight, letting out her breath and gazing through the scope. Ready for the shot, her finger entered the trigger guard, and she pulled three times rapidly, shifting the weapon to hit each man in the torso, close to the heart. Even if the shot didn't kill them, the destructive properties of the blood would. The girl had been careful, but was still marked with a few bullets and several dozen pieces of shot. 

After firing off every round in her two rifles, Hex discarded the spent casings and surveyed the damage. A few stragglers were still alive, but she'd managed to knock off most of them with the volatile substance soaking her bullets... Now she was scared. What would happen if she dripped blood onto an ally? If there was an open wound, it was possible she would kill them... . There had been countless experiments done to test her dna sequence, and there was no way to reverse the process, or to kill her permanently. Even if she was killed and parts of her body were destroyed, she still managed to reassemble herself. It was terrifying and disgusting, but it had been tested... So she couldn't protect anyone from herself. Should I even go near the safehouse? I'm nothing but a danger to them even if it turns out the experiments are immune to the effect, I could never be near any humans... With a torn sigh she tugged at her short silver hair, slinging the empty rifles over her shoulder and carrying them along as bludgeons in case she ran into more enemies.

Careful to give no hint of her path, she wove through the brush, a hand on the barrel of one rifle in case she needed it, but otherwise trying to relax her body and let it heal. Tensing only made it more painful, and she really wasn't in the mood for that just then. Feeling sluggish as her body repaired itself and she stumbled along. When she reached the safehouse, she hesitated. She hadn't seen or heard anyone, which meant no one was around... but she still felt that she shouldn't go. Ignoring her instinct for once with a sigh, she trudged on, knowing she had to be sure the others were safe. Hex was eye-catchingly blood-soaked, and looked like hell, but she figured it couldn't all have been her own blood anyway. Even her tail was matted with clotted red, and she flicked it half-heartedly, dismayed that it was feeling heavy and gross.

Guess I'll go inside, just to check on them and get cleaned up... Having decided, she ducked into the passageway and headed through the tunnels, making the jumps and turns until she reached a hall that held the scent of familiar experiments. She followed the sound of footsteps for a while before she caught up with anyone, and when she did, Hex merely followed, not wanting to disturb the progress they were making through the area... Though there appeared to be several strangers in with the younger experiments... and one strange smell she couldn't quite...

"Frankencoat!?" she blurted out, staring at the man walking in front of her. "AH! Sorry!" Her ears flattened in embarrassment, and she laughed awkwardly and flicked her tail as the others turned to look at her. "Uh... hey guys."

The someone who called out to them, was in fact, someone whom they are very familiar with - Sakila the leopard. Seeing that many other familiar faces and other experiments and even the scientists there showed that there is indeed something huge happening at the time. Everyone was being pursued. 

Vivi followed the girl to the infirmary. Grace Webb was there as well. She sat the girls down on the beds.

Vivi didn't like hospital beds. But she had to have Lily get her bullet removed from her shoulder. If she left, Lily would never stay here. She turned and noticed Lily's irritated face as she sat on the bed while the doctors tried to remove the bullet. 

"I don't need any anaesthetic..." Lily told the doctor. "No. I mean it doesn't work on me. You're wasting your resources." she frowned at the medic when he insisted. 

'So Lily has gone through the same experiments as me...' Vivi thought. 

"Wait... What's this?" the medic asked after he got the bullet out of the shoulder of Lily. 

Everyone gathered and examined the bullet. The bullet had something lodged in it.

"It's a tracker, dear." Ziva answered sarcastically. "You've brought us a great gift."

"Wait what!?" Lily exclaimed. "I..."

"Don't scare her Ziva..." Sakila interrupted Ziva before turning back to the girl. "The radio signals over these areas are jammed. This is within the forest of death. The reason why people get lost in here is because of magnetic fields surrounding the area. Even if they put any tracker on you, those will be jammed once you get in here."

"I see..." nodded the girl.

"Then how are these working?" Vivi asked curiously as she examined some medical facilities around the room.

"Everything in this building is shielded from the magnetic fields. We are just unable to communicate with the outside world from here." Grace Webb answered as she came into the room. "However, if the machines are brought out of the building, or a hole is made such that it connects to the outside, these machines will start to malfunction. So I would like everyone cooperate and try not to destroy anything."

Vivi could hear many high frequency calls made by bats around the area, but she couldn't determine the direction from which the sounds came from due to the echolocation which came from all directions. Those were probably the ways of communication around this area and probably the ways they scan the area. 

"Scar. We have some issues!" An unknown person rushed into the infirmary to report.

"What's the problem?" he asked.

"There are a group of unknown people venturing into our territory through our underground passage. We could not determine their identities."

"Any escorts."

"None."

"Maybe some mice found their way to one of the tunnel's entrances." he sighed. "Make a confirmation. If they are intruders, settle them."

"Yes sir!" the tiny guy rushed out of the infirmary.

"Looks like we have some issues on our hands. I've got to leave you guys for a bit." Scar said. "Sorry I didn't have enough time to welcome you here, even if it isn't exactly a good thing. Talk later." 

The guy waved his hands coolly before disappearing through the entrance of the room.

Vivi turned and staggered towards Lily's bed. Even though it was a horrible wound, by now, it has already almost healed. Flesh wounds are of the least concern to them. Sitting on her bed, she turned to Sakila. "Any explanations to the current situation?"

========================================

(What did I say? ali_011.gif)

the truth? :P

=====

"Aish!" Lionel looked at the scattered paperwork. "Do we really need to do ALL of this?" He whined. The man in the suit nodded. "Cant wait till I kick them out of the house. My house." It was more of a mansion anyway. Sighing, he looked at his cellphones' screen, checking his new appearance. Black also suited him, and the pink streaks in his hair were now dyed blue. "I'll head back to the hotel. Could you finish the rest? He got up from his seat in the lawyers' office and left quietly.

Wonder what that Frankenstein is up to. He thought, irritated.

(The universe is so mean towards little self-conscious teenage girls *sigh*)

"So, any explanations to the current situation?"

"Hmm. I don't know much. At this moment, Scar's keeping everyone in the know, but I don't know what he plans to do." Vivi seemed to contemplate this for a second.

"What about those intruders?"

"Er, well, my hunch is on the government. Scar thinks it's some sort of conspiracy. He's been in the habitat as longer than we have, but he was five years old already when he was brought in, so he's experienced more of the world than we have. He says it might be some sort of government vs. police thing, since the police who provided us with this safe house haven't squealed on us yet."

"Sakila...."

"Yes, Vivi?"

"I'm curious as to who they truly are. Im going to check it out." The wounds had practically finished mending themselves. "Are you guys coming too?"

"My, Vivi, thought you'd never ask."

Hex turned away from the group she'd been following and hurried down the hall, knowing exactly where she needed to go. She'd been in contact with the police for several years, in accordance with the rescue plan she'd masterminded as a plan B for operation jailbreak. She'd become friends with a few officers in communication, and was delivering orders to the chief on the experiments' situation regularly.

Within five minutes she found herself in the large, square room she sought, standing parallel to a frowning police officer. "What kept you, Hex? I've been waiting an hour. Your girls just got here and went to the infirmary." He looked her up and down, his face concerned. "Which might be a good idea for you as well-"

"I'm fine. What's the situation with the scientists an' those militant forces?" The officer sighed and ran a hand through his black hair, glancing at the floor as though not making eye contact would prevent the news from reaching Hex. "The armed groups have been subdued, and the scientists arrested..."

"But?" Hex's tone was more worried than impatient. "But, the chief has stopped following your orders. He's been talking with the militia... They decided that... y- one of the experiments is too dangerous to allow it to roam free."

"it?" she spat. "No experiment is an IT! We're people, dammit!" The police officer bit his lip, trying to figure out how to explain himself. "Hex, he wants this... dangerous experiment 'disposed of.' He said to capture for testing, using as much force as necessary..."  VI! No way that bastard's gonna lay a hand on her. 

"Wait!" he shouted as she ran off to find the girl, her ears flattened against her head and her eyes set in determination. What is she doing? I'm supposed to hide her! "It's you, dammit! Hex!" He put his hand to his face, thinking, but couldn't some up with anything. In the mean time he heard footsteps approach and a voice called out to him. "You'll get yourself in trouble, talking to suspects like that." He frowned and snapped, "She's not a suspect, she's a target for the chief's ideas. And you know that."

"Whatever, just be careful he doesn't hear you saying such things, or you may be the next 'suspect' we dispose of..."

Sakila mentioned the same thing. The government. 'What on earth is the government?!' thought Vivi.

"Sakila...." Vivi said as she thought.

"Yes, Vivi?"

"I'm curious as to who they truly are. Im going to check it out."

She paused for awhile before adding in. "Are you guys coming too?"

"My, Vivi, thought you'd never ask."

Vivi shrugged as she jumped off the bed heading towards the door. 

"...Lily..." Vivi turned to the girl on the bed. "You stay here and-wait what are you doing?"

The other girl jumped off the bed as well. "I'm coming along."

Vivi shook her head. "Lily you shouldn't. You just-"

"THEY just shot me. I got enough reason to go see them."

"... Right..." Vivi sighed, seeing that her wounds have more or less healed. "But don't overdo it."

"That's you Vivi." she argued back before walking out of the door. "Not going?"

The grounds were a little wet as there was a slight drizzle earlier on. The smell of rain had replaced the smell of blood, but Vivi was still roused by the lingering smell of blood which she could not get rid of from her mind. She tried to shake it off, but the more she did, the more aroused she became. It was disturbing that she got excited on the sight and smell of blood.

They moved through the area with Sakila leading the way. Suddenly, the same guy from earlier came to her panting.

"What's wrong?"

====================================

(Thinking... Thinking...)

As Moretti nursed his pained body, one of the back up members pointed to a hut and asked, "Um, sir, why didn't we go in there?"

"Because!" he replied. "The GPS said so! See!"

He held up the screen towards the speaker. After peering at it for a second, they said, "There's nothing there."

"Wha- But- UGH. DAMNIT."

He threw it towards the rock, smashing the screen into little bits. As if by magic, his cell then rang. By the ringtone he knew who it was.

"Moretti..."

"I'm sorry Boss! I didn't mean to break the GPS, I swear!"

"Coming out of your paycheck. Now, any luck?"

"No Boss... I think it's broken."

"Well considering it was you who did it..."

"No, I mean it wasn't working before I broke it."

"I see... Well, we can revisit the problem later. For now, go to the station and oversee the police force there. We need that experiment back."

"Yes Boss!"

As she hung up, her partner said, an amused tone in his voice, "I see your trouble radar is still in peak condition."

"What can I say," she replied as they pulled up in front of the hotel. "I'm just that good."

"So this is it?" he asked, pointing at the luxurious building.

"Yep. Now let's get going."

The officer who hadn't spoken to Hex returned to his post guarding the entrance. It was none of his business whether the boss wanted one of the freaks caught. He was glad the weird girl would be detained, she creeped him out. What business did someone who was half wolf have in the police force anyway? It was wrong for her to exist. He'd heard that her blood made it impossible to kill her, and it was like acid... well, maybe not acid, but close enough. He frowned and sighed. He didn't even get to help with the operation, he was stuck protecting more freaks of nature from the humans who were after them. That was just ridiculous... but he had his orders.

Vi... Where are you?! I won't let them hurt you...  Once again Hex wished she had Xero to talk to. He'd know exactly how to protect Vivi and Lily. But he wasn't there, and he would never be again... She touched the scars beneath her silver hair and sighed. He's gone. The police have betrayed me. What am I supposed to do?! Clenching her fist, she slammed it against the wall she was walking by, leaving a gaping hole in the concrete. "Dammit!" She frowned and picked up her pace, running through the area and looking for the two girls. "Vi! Lily! If you're here, I need you to come out!" As she continued on with no response, Hex's heart raced and she glanced around in worry. Where could they have gone? After ten minutes of full-out running, she found herself out of breath and slowing down. When she stopped to catch her second wind, Hex took a cell phone from her pocket and looked at it for a minute. It had been given to her when she'd parted with the other experiments. It was programmed with two numbers: One was the police HQ, which she'd called many times, and the other was meant for use in emergencies... She figured this was one, and pressed the speed dial button. Holding the phone up to her wolf ears was difficult, but she'd had practice using the phone the day before. "C'mon Lion, pick up," she mumbled. When the ringback tone clicked off and the answering machine interrupted with its monotone commands, she gave an exasperated sigh and growled, "C'mon..."

'Please leave a message at the tone.' Duuuuu-

"Oi, Lion, it's Hex. I need yer help with somethin'. I think Vivi may be in danger, and I need someone who can help me protect her. The police are no longer an option, and I can't find them." Hex coughed to dispel the strain in her voice. She wouldn't cry, either. "Er, please, get this message and come to the safehouse. You don't have to stay long, but I need someone to help me find her and Lily... Bye-" The flip phone closed with a clap, and she took a couple of deep breaths, preparing to run again. "Please be safe..."

"Bye-" Lionel felt numb all over. He didn't like her tone. The safe house...he started running and called her back.

"Hey Lion I-"

"Where the hell are you?" shoot, he didn't mean to yell.

"Look we need ta save Vivi an'-"

"Where are you??" he asked again, frantic. He was had reached a secluded alley between two building. He felt the special openings in the back of his shirt and spread his wings.

"Hex where-"

"I'm heading to the safe house!" She was yelling back. The reception cancelled as he soared high and dashed towards the safehouse. He spotted Hex below and descended fast.

"Oi!"

"Lion!" he didn't like the look on her face.

"What happened?"

"The police has-"

"What happened to you?" he asked, trying to keep calm. She was anything but okay. She looked like she had been to hell and back.

"We need ta get to the safe house. Vivi an' that girl are in danger." She argued back.

"Fine!" See if I care what happens to you. But he did care. "Lead the way, I haven't actually been to that place yet. They'll see me in the air." Of course, you couldn't forget the people out to get the experiments.

====

(yay weekend! = more hw than average)

Hex stopped short as the phone began to ring, snatching it from her pocket and flipping it open. Relieved, she panted, "Hey, Lion, I-"

"Where the hell are you?" She frowned at his voice, which seemed to be coming from two places at once. Was he nearby? "Look we need ta save Vivi an'-"

"Where are you??" he asked again. She looked around, trying to gauge her location in relation to the other ones, but she had no sense of direction. "..."

"Hex where-"

"I'm heading to the safe house!" she shouted as she jogged, wincing as one of the bullet holes closed itself. Lionel descended, and  Hex glanced up at the sound of wings and a familiar voice. "Oi!"

"Lion!" 

"What happened?"

"The police have-"

"What happened to you?" Hex stared at him, brow furrowed and eyes narrowed. Vivi might be captured, and he was asking if she was okay? Where were his priorities?  "We need ta get to the safe house. Vivi an' that girl are in danger," she insisted, biting back her worry. "Fine! Lead the way, I haven't actually been to that place yet. They'll see me in the air."

Hex smiled in relief and nodded, turning around to lead him through a maze of greenery to the safehouse. Her tail flicked behind her as she walked, but it didn't have the fluffy quality it normally did, since she hadn't bothered to clean herself up since her fights. Hex felt like an idiot when she realized Lionel had been concerned about her appearance. Her cheeks reddened in embarrassment. She wasn't a kid, she didn't need to make people worry... She turned back with a shrug as she walked, saying, "It's not near as bad as it looks. Jus' blood an' bullets, I don' think it's even all mine," she added with a fanged grin.

"I did some damage ta them guys who were after Vi an' Lily earlier... but now I can't find 'em, an' this officer friend o' mine said the chief's trynna capture an experiment they think is too dangerous and keep it for testing. Vivi could easily be used as a weapon with 'er special properties... An' I ain't lettin' that happen. Nobody else is dyin' 'cause I didn't save 'em in time." She thought of her parents, and Xero... She could have done something, she could have found out what was going to happen and stopped it... And this time she would. Her eyes were set straight ahead in a determined glare as she entered the safe house, passing the guard and taking lionel to the first crossroad. "'ere we are, Lion."

"It's... It's... Hex and... Another one of us. They've arrived. I need to inform Scar."

"Alright you go."

"Sakila."

"Yea?"

"Change of plan. I need to see Hex. She could have found out something. About why they want to kill us."

"Why do you think she knows?"

"Why? My hunch. Well... She fought them and returned. There's also another thing. " Vivi paused. "We have only just been set free. How on earth are they able to gather the troops that quickly and laying in ambush? Someone must have known we'll be planning an escape and prepared in advance. Also, it was on impulse that we chose to head for the forest of death. Yet, they are already in ambush, as if they already know before hand... A while later, Hex showed up. Too much of a coincidence."

"You don't think...?"

"No. But she has to have something with this."

"Alright." Sakila nodded. "If it's Hex, she'll come from... here. Lets go!"

(Lol, if people are waiting in ambush we need a more secure way to arrive :V)

"'ere we are, Lion."

"Looks calm. Maybe Vivi and 100 are still here." Hex frowned at the use of a number. Then again, Lily had nearly killed him and hadn't apologized. There was something strange with the surroundings. Lionel was about go forward but stopped at her voice.

"Ssh! this way." She said quietly, and instead of taking the straight way they headed further into the trees, hiding and sneaking along the path. The wind rustled the leaves, and a cool breeze swept the ground.

"Hey," Lionel whispered. "Know what a movie is?" he certainly felt like they were in one.

"Nope." Hex whispered back, crouched low, not making a sound.

"I'll take you to one once we settle this." Hex was now clearing away some bushes, a hidden door came into view. She pushed it and stepped inside. Lionel followed. They were in a narrow tunnel now, moving the way they had in the vents of the habitat. It was dark, but a thin beam of light could be seen on the other end. They reached another door which Hex pushed open.

They were inside the safe house now, first level.

"'Ey! are Vivi an' Lily still 'ere?" Hex passed an experiment which was nearby. She was also a flying one and recognized Lionel, who raised his hand casually.

"Yeah, they're still here." He was also staring at her appearance.

"You." Lionel commanded the experiment. "Take her to the infirmary to get cleaned up." He pushed Hex towards the other girl.

"But we I need ta-"

"I'll take care of it. At least get a change of clothes. They're still here and safe, didn't you hear?" Hex turned towards him and stared defiantly. Lionel looked at the other experiment.

"Now." Hex gave in and walked off reluctantly.

"I know where the infirmary is." Hex told the other experiment who was leading her. She shrugged and went her own way.

"Where is Vivi?" Lionel took off in the direction she pointed. He ran into Sakila on the way.

"Surprise surprise." She remarked. Vivi and Lily soon appeared.

"Do you know where Hex is?" Vivi asked. "In the infirmary, like I told her to." He stared at Lily.

"I need to see her." Vivi said curtly but her path was blocked by Lionel.

"Look, she came all the way here because your lives might be in danger. The police has been ordered to get rid of one experiment thought too dangerous to be free. She thinks it you two."

"Funny thing, what else does she know?" Vivi narrowed her eyes.

"You're suspecting her of something?"

"You too."

"Yeah, she seems more dangerous than you two." He said. This confused Vivi.

"You might have flashy abilities and all, but what if it's her who needs help?" Vivi told him her deductions. He shook his head.

"That's not it. It just means we have to get out this place ASAP. If you wont trust her, then what? Xero's gone and she was the one who was affected the most." He argued. "Lets go to the infirmary, see if you're correct or not."

=====

Yay, I posted.

"Right. Let's." Vivi headed for the infirmary, where she came from. "And by the way... Did you say... ONE experiment?"

"Yeah. I did." Shrugged Lionel, wondering what she meant.

Vivi let out a soft but cold laugh. Lily sighed. "Shouldn't be us then. We're two."

"Well maybe it's just ONE of you..." Lionel mumbled to himself before he turned his gaze to Lily. "Definitely dangerous."

"Heard that." Vivi and lily turned at him. "But if you meant abilities, body structure and everything, both of us are similar and if they deem one of us dangerous, then both of us are. If they are targeting only one... Then it's most likely..."

Lionel stared anticipatingly at Vivi for her to continue.

But after a while of silence, Vivi decided not to answer and contined walking.

'Hex. Could it be...? You big idiot.' Vivi shook her head. "Infirmary. This direction?" The rest nodded and Vivi headed towards the direction.

Hex gave an annoyed sigh and headed into the infirmary. A movie, Lion says this feels like... If this is what a movie is, I don't want to go to it, it sucks...  <_<  Ignoring someone who tried to greet her she headed to the back room, where she took a change of clothes from a shelf of spare clothing and ducked into the bathroom. It took her a good ten minutes to scrub the blood out of her tail and off of her body, and she pulled on the clean clothes with a slight feeling of relief. There was no way Lionel would let Vivi get hurt, so she had a couple of minutes to finish cleaning herself up. 

Drying her ears, she checked her wounds and took a box of plain bandaids from the medicine cabinet, sticking one over each injury that was still open. When she ran out, the girl sighed and tossed the box in the garbage, taking the phone from her pocket and snapping it in half. Now the chief couldn't track her if she took Vivi and Lily somewhere safer, and she didn't have to worry about him calling anymore. Her tail wagging slightly, she exited the room, re-entering the infirmary. There were only a few people there even with the arrival of several reconnaissance guys who'd been involved in the earlier bout.

"One last thing before I go catch up..." She went to the desk and smiled at the head nurse. "Hi, I'm Captain Hex, with the police... Um, we need to see the admittance records for this month." The woman stared at her over her wire-rimmed glasses. "I received notice that as of this afternoon, you are no longer associated with the police force. And you are to be detained on suspicion of treason."

"Treason?! That ain't even a cause fer detainment! I got somebody ta take care of, so hand over the records." Her glare was cold as steel, and the woman blinked, but she shook her head. "It isn't just the treason, I'm afraid. You've killed government officers now... I'm sorry, ninety-three..." 

Hex took a step back at the mention of her experiment name. Her file hadn't been with those she'd found in the director's office. The police couldn't have seen it. Ninety-three.... That nurse wasn't an officer. She was with the labcoats! And if she wasn't mistaken, the chief was- Her arms were grabbed from behind and pinned against her back as she thrashed and tried to bite the person behind her. "You won't touch them!" she spat as the 'nurse' stood and took something from her desk. "Tch." Hex laughed, "Sorry, but tranqs don't work on me."

"Oh, I know that." She gave a smile as she leveled the revolver at Hex's head and pulled the trigger. And I just got cleaned up... 

((xD I couldn't think of how she'd try to detain a biologically immortal, chemical-immune wolf mutant xD So I guess shooting in the head is as close to knocked out as it gets.  Since you guys are headed there, I figure the enemy can show itself so we can get the plot rolling xP))