Detective Conan World
Misaki-chan

DCW IRL Round 8: The Habitat

The attack raged on as the scent of blood floated into the air. From an observatory room, the Director sat, watching the battle unfold. The assistant standing nearby could hear him muttering, though couldn't tell what he was saying. After a while, he announced, "As much as I have enjoyed seeing this development, it's best to end it now. Release the gas."

"Yes sir," the assistant said as they pushed the button on the wall.

Slowly, the pale white gas wafted into the area. In all the confusion, Xero still noticed the gas and yelled out, "Don't breath it in! It's sleeping gas!"

But the warning fell onto deaf ears as one by one scientists and experiments alike fell to the ground and quickly losing consciousness. It wasn't long before even Xero was on the ground, asleep.

~~~~

As the experiments awoke, the first thing they saw were bars. Each and every one were in a separate cage, big enough to stand in and walk a few steps, but not much more. The cages were several feet apart, obviously done so to keep the experiments from helping each other out. The room itself wasn't where they normally stayed, filled with forests and other environments. Instead, it was a plain room, similar to the ones that they were tested in.

Right away it could be told that not everyone was in the room. There were only five cages in the room. So, with nothing better to do, they sat.

~~~~

As they walked, Webb said, "I must say, that was surprising. I didn't think the experiments would be able to learn how to do that on their own!"

"Well, there's only so much we can make them do," the Director responded.

Hunt asked, "What shall we do now?"

"Keep working on the serum. For now, we keep the experiments in the cages. It's not a good idea to let them scheme like that. WeI would rather avoid having another incident like that."

"Understood. What should we do about 100?"

"Keep doing as we've been doing."

"Yes sir."

With a nod, they veered off into a branching hallway as the Director kept going straight. Eventually, he came to a door, protected by a electronic lock. With a swipe of a card and a few punches into the number pad, he entered.

The fennec fox looked around, wondering where he was. The cage was roomy, though the chain around his leg wasn't pleasant. As he closed the door, the Director asked, "Enjoying yourself?"

"Would if I wasn't in this cage."

Vivi needed to see the director. The fennec fox told her something which she wouldn't believe. The director would not have broken his promise. No way.

The chains around her feet prevented her from transforming. But she wouldn't care. The first time in public, or in the habitat, she spread her wings. The cape on her lifted and gave way for her wings to expand, and with great difficulty(due to the heavy chains on her feet), Vivi lifted herself off the ground and flew towards the exit.

However, because the attacks are fierce and many bullets and beams were shot through the air, Vivi had a hard time reaching the exit. Dodging bullets is one of her specialties but dodging multiple bullets is not. In the process, she got hit by a few stray bullets. When the scientists noticed Vivi, their expression changed, and instead of attacking the experiments, some shifted their attention to her.

"99! What are you doing? Attack them!" they shouted.

For the first time, Vivi ignored their commands and continued flying straight at the exit fiercely. Seeing this, the scientists got scared and tried to aim at Vivi instead.

"No! No! No! Don't just shoot her! She won't collapse from this! Aim for her heart or her head!" a random scientist shouted. The other scientists followed the command and aimed at Vivi instead.

Vivi wasn't able to dodge all of the bullets, and got hit by quite a few. But she wouldn't stop. She has to see the director.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a person at the exit. It seemed to be like the scientist called Jae.

'Him...' Vivi thought. Suddenly her heart stopped for a moment, but she didn't know why. Something jolted in her memories on the sight of the man. It happened every time she saw him, but she didn't think much about it.

'Maybe he can take me to the director...' Vivi thought as she flew towards him.

However, before she could, she realized that a huge cloud of white has already surrounded the entire area, causing a lot of experiments and scientists to collapse. When she turned back, the man was already gone.

Within a few seconds, a group of people with huge trucks and gas masks arrived and took the unconscious experiments away. Vivi stood there and watched as the gas mask people put the experiments in cages. The gas didn't work much on her as she has built immunity to it. After the gas has cleared, a man walked into the habitat towards her.

"99... We meet again."

Vivi frowned. "... Director."

The man let out a laugh. "I see you are still not used to calling me dad eh?"

"Well you aren't really my dad..."

"Hmm. How cold. When I have been the one raising you ever since you had any memories..." he shrugged. "So what's with all this? You haven't forgotten have you?"

"That's what I was going to ask. You haven't forgotten about our pact have you?"

The director gave an innocent look. "Of course I haven't. I am a man of my word. Don't tell me you broke our pact because you don't believe in me?"

"I haven't broken any pact. But I'm not sure about you. Where is 100?"

"Still at the garden, enjoying her time, planting flowers~ Why do you ask this?"

"You're lying." Vivi frowned. "I have gotten information from reliable sources that 100 has been seen travelling around the labs and around scientists. I have also heard that you will be including her in one of your most recent operations. You have started using 100 for experiments recently already, am I right? Tell me."

The director broke a smile, "Who told you all of this?"

Vivi's expression suddenly changed and she broke into fury. "You broke your promise! You promised that you wouldn't use her in your SICK experiments! You promised you will let her continue living happily even if she could only live in that hut! You-!"

Vivi grabbed the director by the collar. Many alarmed and armed soldiers aimed their weapons at Vivi. "You give 100 back to me. Where is she?!"

The director motioned for the rest of the soldiers to put down their weapons before replying. "Let me tell you... VIVI... I didn't break my pact with you. You see... I didn't make her go for the experiments~ She went on her own accord. Just like you did. Also, she knew everything about the operation. We told her. And she was the one who volunteered to join. She is also living happily in our facilities nowadays, so it makes no difference whether she is in the hut or not. She has matured faster than you would have imagined my dear." the director had a hint of a smile on his face.

"You-you're lying! You could have forbidden her to go for the expe-"

"Oh she insists. And I couldn't stop her... Other than letting you out into the real world, I have never rejected any of your requests before have I?"

"..." Vivi clenched her teeth and fists tightly. "I have to see 100."

"Then that would break our pact you know?" the director shrugged nonchalantly.

Vivi struggled to keep herself composed. "Then you will let me in on the operation which 100 joined."

The smile on the director's face widened. "Well, if you insist, I couldn't say no. But on a condition that you cooperate with us on it. If my darling knew you were going to join us she would be thrilled. Hahaha~ So what do you say?"

"Get on with it."

"Great! Welcome to the team. My daughter. Hahaha. Come with me." the director turned to walk away as Vivi followed.

=========

(:P I changed the direction a little hope you don't mind XD)

Hex felt clumsy and out of place in the battle, as she was the only experiment who couldn't fully turn. She cursed her failed mutation and sent a roundhouse kick at a scientist, chomping down on the arm of another and grabbing it to throw them into a third. As the gas leaked into the room, Hex sighed. Both experiments and labcoats were dropping to the ground... But she was immune to poisons and chemicals. Hex redoubled her efforts, bringing down a few scientists before it appeared that they'd all been knocked out by either the gas or experiments... But all the experiments were out too. She hesitated, wondering what course of action she should take..She could hide and see what the labcoats' plan was, or stay and help  few of the others get away. 

((Misaki, I don't know if you want all the experiments captured at this point. Should she be left behind and hide or end up dragged off somehow? I forgot before the gas wouldn't affect her...))

(I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm very very bored.)

------------------

Vivi followed the director to the facility where they held their meetings. The scientists who saw her started to be wary of her. Vivi wondered if the scientists were acting this way with lily too?

They came to a room and Vivi saw Hunt and Webb.

"Stay inside for a while 99." The director told her.

"Director. Are you sure it's alright for her to be left on her own?" Hunt asked.

"You've worked with this girl for so long. Don't you know her by now?" The director replied and Hunt nodded in agreement.

With that, they left the room, leaving her alone.

With nothing to do, she glanced around. It was the director's office. From the corner of her eye, she spotted a photo. She walked closer to it and saw the person on the photo.

'Isn't... Isn't this...!?'

Hex bit her lip as she heard the sound of another jeep starting at the edge of the habitat, likely the cleanup crew for the mess the fight had made. She ducked into a clear forest area and started running, skirting around the edge of the wood and listening closely so she wouldn't be surprised by the appearance of labcoats. The girl took a deep breath and looked back after a few minutes; There was no trace that she'd come through, and no sign of cameras or people in this area. Hunkering down within a tree's twisted roots she hid in the hollow she'd made months ago, moving the outer bark before her so that she was effectively invisible. Now began the observation. She listened as hard as she could for the sounds of the people of the habitat, experiment and labcoat, noting where they were going and what they said. Now she knew where a group of the experiments would be taken... She just had to wait for an opportunity to go there and break them out. If she could enhance what mutation she had, her immunity and regeneration would make her nearly invincible... but she didn't know if she would have control of herself.

Vivi was stunned. It couldn't be?

She took a few steps back before turning to the door and ran out.

'Right!' Vivi ran towards the direction where she saw the director heading earlier.

She came to a huge double door which says "Specimens". Ignoring the "No entry except authorized personnel", she pushed the door and headed in. The corridor which she came I to was a long straight path with paths opening up at the sides. She closed her eyes and concentrated. There were voices. She turned her head left and right, and up and down to try and pick up the direction. The one on the left was.... Female. There was also... Hunt's voice... On the right. The last one is directly forward. That must be the director. Within the small corridor, she spread out her wings. The corridor was just wide enough to accommodate her wingspan. Vivi glided down the corridor and from a distance away, she saw the last door. It was dark but she could hear voices from within it. She stopped infront of the door. Just then the door opened and within it came the director.

"Oh 99!" The director sounded a little shocked though he didn't look surprised. "How did you get here? Oh well, twins often do the same things...." Vivi didn't catch the last few words as the director was mumbling.

"We'll it doesn't matter. It's good you're here. Come let me introduce you." The director pulled Vivi into the cage and both Vivi and Xero met face to face. "This is 1. Known to you as Xero. And your brother...." Vivi's eyes widened in surprise as the director continued. "My son..."

Even though Vivi was not one to care about anything, this information came as a shock to her. She has never thought about the possibility that Xero could be related to the director. Xero looked away irritated but did not refute the statement.

The director continued. "Xero. Meet 99. And I'll let you meet 100 some time soon." The director smiled sinisterly. "I wonder who, my real son, or the two daughters whom I've raised, would be stronger? You can come at me with your entire group of 'animals' which you have raised and still not win against me and my technology. Moreover, my two daughters are strong. I'm sure you know that after seeing 99. Try to break out of this prison before you try anything else. My dear son..."

The director turned to leave.

"Let's go 99." He said and Vivi complied, following the director out of the room, after taking a final glance of the fox.

Jae made his rounds around the prisons, and stopped at one experiment's cage, raised the gun, and fired. Then he walked on as if nothing happened, leaving the experiments in shock. Might as well follow the Director's orders. I suppose it's to demoralize them, but if anything, it'll make them more riled up. Then again, that may be the Director's plan. Who has any idea. Not that I care.

Jae wasn't too surprised at the relevation about 1 and 99, but it did upset him a bit. His son, and daughter, eh. Shame that I'll have to rip them both apart. Sorry, Director.

He walked back to his clipboard, marking off a check mark by each experiment's name, with an exception: the one that was killed. Jae was somewhat aware of 93's various immunities, and thought it likely that she would be immune, but at the time, 93 was not on Jae's list of priorities. 93 may be useful later in Operation Deep. I'll have to make a note of that.

He walked back to the prisons, stopping at another experiment - not 1; the Director would never forgive him if he did that to him, and such feelings would be unnecessary at the time - and pulling out a small serum. Berserker Serum. Within 5 minutes, any experiment injected with this serum will go completely berserk, gaining massive amounts of strength and tearing apart anything in sight. He neatly injected the experiment with the serum, cautiously opened the door with his key, and stepped away, watching the experiment begin to spasm. He did the same with two other experiments, then quickly retreated to the lab, where he kept A1 - his personal experiment.

He unlocked the cage that kept A1, and A1 screeched and walked out. It expanded its large wings, and looked to its owner. Jae looked at A1 in the eyes. "It's time. Ready?" A1 screeched one more time. It took flight, and broke through the windows, flying out of sight. Jae pulled out a cell phone. "It's time," he said. "Operation Deep...go time." He hung up.

A1

Description: Jae's personal experiment, essentially a mutated vulture with an extremely large wingspan and golden feathers. Its screech was modified by Jae to directly strike any animal (or human's) fear instinct, causing them to cower. Jae himself is immune. Its eyes can also paralyze anyone who looks directly into them. Again, Jae is immune to this ability.

Footsteps woke her up.

It was dark.... It wasn't supposed to be dark. The fake moonlight always shone on the her favorite tree. What was this? Where was this?

And then it all came back to her: Operation Jailbreak, the Jeeps, the gas... She'd been at the front of the attack, already outside the habitat. When the gas started to appear, she found herself ducking into a nearby lab and hiding in one of the steel cabinets. The gas must have leaked through the gaps and put her to sleep.

She'd turned back into her regular humanoid form. The cabinet was much tighter now and she wasn't sure if she could stay there for too long. 

"That was close, wasn't it?"

"You're telling me."

A man an a woman. No doubt they were talking about Jailbreak.

"What's the plan now?"

"Dunno. The director has that guy taking care of it."

"That guy?"

"You know, that guy."

"Oh..."

Who was that guy? Oh, well, no matter. Sakila had to get out and get out fast. Kicking open the door of the cabinet, she pushed herself out and stood up straight. The surprised scientists turned around only to find limbs flying at them. Both were down in a matter of seconds.

Now what?

Looking around, she found no security cameras and no windows. There was a vent in the corner. Hmm....

Sakila switched into the female scientist's clothes. She raked a hand through her hair, freeing any debris before tying it up with the woman's scrunchie. She washed her face at the sink in the corner of the lab room before checking her appearance in front of one of the many reflective surfaces. Good. She looked like them. The only thing was...

Concentrating, she reversed the mutation process. Slowly...slowly... Her hair and eye turned back into a natural black. Her claws and fangs shrunk to normal nails and canines. The rosettes on her skin disappeared and her ears shifted into normal human ones.

She looked...normal.

Was this how I'd look if I lived a normal life? Is this what I'm fighting for?

She shook her head and returned her attention to the prone scientists. Taping them both together, she shoved the man and now-orange-clad woman into a closet before stepping out into the hallway. She stuck her hands into the pocket of the woman's labcoat and found an ID card. It opened the door at the end of the hallway and Sakila found herself in the hubbub of the scientists' sanctuary.

Which way... which way...

And that's when she saw it. Was that...outside? She didn't hesitate. She didn't think. She didn't remember anything about all the other experiments who needed her help. No, she had to be selfish. Just for now, she had to be.

Sakila walked straight toward the door and opened it. Fresh air greeted her and she breathed in as much as she possibly could.

This was it. This was the real world. Without a thought, Sakila slipped out of the building and into the city.

Vivi followed the director out of the cage quietly.

"Nothing to ask me? 99?" The director asked.
Vivi kept quiet. What she wanted to know at that point of time has already been answered. She wanted to know what was the directors relationship with Xero. The photo was already pretty clear, but Vivi had to hear it from the director himself. However, knowing this, there came another important question. Why did the director adopt them twins as daughters?

There were so many other experiments in the habitat, stronger ones, faster ones, smarter ones. Why them? Vivi couldn't understand. But Vivi never asked. Whatever the reason the director had wouldn't be important to her. All she needed to know now is that Lily was safe.

"When are you going to tell me about the operation?" Vivi asked the director.
"Patience my dear." The director responded with a smile. "It amazes me how different, yet alike you twins are."
Vivi paid no attention to his remark.
"Well, before that, I will need you to commence with the next step."
"Next step?"
"Yes. Take out October."
"October?" Vivi asked. "Do you mean the 'Months'?"
"Of course. What else?"
"What happened to November? I only defeated December."
"Hmmm...? Have I ever told you the strength of the 'Months' go according to the order of their months?"
"No."
"Then what makes you think so?"
"... So they don't?"
"Actually they do."
"..." Vivi wanted to pull out the director's hair.
"But November was done in already."
"Eh..?" This surprised Vivi. She hasn't known any other experiments who has got to fight with the months.
"If you want to know... It was 100." The director replied.
"Wha-what!?" Vivi was shocked. "Wait. You let 100 fight such a dangerous creature!?"
"Yes I did." The director nodded. "I don't think she would have any trouble. And she didn't come out with a bloody body unlike someone else. She took down the raccoon within 3 minutes."
Vivi couldn't believe what she's hearing. Lily did!? The director wouldn't make up these kinds of information, but it was still hard to believe such a cheerful and soft girl would actually be able to kill another living being.

"But I have high hopes on you. You should be able to perform better with Octobe-hold on... Hello?" The director picked up his phone which had started to vibrate. A call. "Yes... What's going on-WHAT!? ... Have you prepared October? ...Good. Then release it. Prepare the rest of 'the Months' now and prepare for release. If September and August are ready, then release them as well. I will head back to my office now. Report any news directly to me."
The director hung up the call. "Change of plans 99." The director turned a corner and entered his office. Immediately he turned on his laptop and made a change in the survellence system. "I will need you to defeat something even more troublesome..."

"And that is...?"

"Well... A few experiments has been released from their cages... And they seem to be on a rampage. Kill them." The director commanded. Suddenly the director's phone rang again. "It's me. What's the situation now? ... Controlled? Who-what!? 100!? How did she find ou-Nevermind, just don't let her get near the most dangerous one. ... What!? THEN STOP HER YOU FOOLS! Send May over! Now!" The director slammed down the phone.

"Where is she, director?" Vivi glared intensively at the director.
"No. That one is too dangerou-"
"WHERE!?" Vivi stared down the director with gleaming eyes. "I will take it that you broke the pact if you do not tell me."
The director sighed before replying. "At the 8th sector, at the lab of aviatory."
Vivi turned towards the window. The director continued, "I hope you don't actually meet 100. Get there first, defeat the enemy and come back here before 100 gets there."
"Wont need you to tell me this..." Vivi jumped up, kicked open the window and jumped out, heading to the aviatory by air.

Hex listened... there was nothing. No one was out in the habitat. It was eerily quiet with not even the breaths of experiments to hear. She ducked out of her hiding place, assuming all the labcoats were in the place they were keeping the other experiments. Xero, Lionel, Vivi, Sakila... I'll find you guys... 

She sprinted across the habitat, testing the doors and vents for an insecure area she could use. Finally, after running the circuit twice, she gave up on simplicity and tore the cover of a vent from the wall, screws and all. Reattaching it roughly as she climbed in, she squeezed through and into a maze of air conditioning ventilation. Hex crawled on hands and knees for roughly 30 minutes before she found herself at the entrance to a ground level vent in a room from which she heard the sounds of experiments, huddled in cages, some frightened and some rebellious. There were no labcoats within several minutes of walking, and she didn't sense more than lingering discord either, so there didn't appear to be a reason for them to come back. In fact, it sounded and smelled like one had just left. 

As quietly as she could, the grey wolf removed the cover, laying it down so that she could easily duck in and close it if she was found out. She crawled out and stood, stretching her cramped limbs and wagging her tail a bit. Tiptoeing over to the cages, she looked into each one carefully. Only a few appeared to be inhabited, but she quickly found one of the ones she was looking for. She had planned on mapping out in her mind where each experiment was and finding a way to release all of them. But if she could find the doors that led outside and incapacitate the labcoats for a time... she could traffic them out and into the world they wanted. She smiled and tapped her index finger on a bar of the cage. "Hey... Lionel!" she whisper-shouted. "You okay?"

((Vivi's out, Sakila's out, I don't recall who controls Xero... not much choice of people to find is there? xD He needs more interaction anyway~  I hope Al can respond as Lionel))

"Bon soir, Sakila...7. Your appearance...doesn't hide what's inside." Jae stared at the experiment. "You've made it outside...I'm impressed, really." Jae coughed, then continued. "You really...are an animal...only caring for yourself. Your friends...are being slaughtered in there. Aren't you going to help?" Jae reached into his pocket and found his wallet, and threw it at the experiment. "My wallet...has some money. If you plan to stay...you'll need it. But if you plan to rescue them...my ID's in there as well...high clearance. It'll...be useful." Jae turned his head, then turned around, and did an odd gesture: he gave the experiment a thumbs up. He walked back inside the building and turned right.

I hope she makes the right choice. Operation Deep needs her. Hmmm. Jae paused. I'm thinking like that one girl...Grace, was it? Huh. Perhaps I'm changing as well. Not that I care.

(Now I finally I have some free time :P ooh, this has grown so long. I like Mohovie's avatar btw. This post is long, and I see lots of lame things things in it but bear with it. When will my writing skills improve? D:)

With all the noise recently, Lionel thought he could finally nap inside his cage. It hadn't been easy, falling from the 'sky' due to the sleeping gas. He could feel pains along several points in his body, but nothing too damaging that it would last for very long.

Finding himself trapped within a cage, he tried to budge the bars but sighed. His strength was still human. It was a weakness, but it didn't match up to the strength he had gotten from his wings. But just to be sure...he expanded his wings back and quick as lightning flexed their tips forward. Success! the bars of the cage showed tiny cuts.

"And I didn't even use my full power yet." He spoke to himself slowly, not aware of how cocky he sounded. Well, now that he knew he could get out, like a child who knew where the cookie jar was, he leaned against the bars of the cage contended. He couldn't see Xero anywhere. He was about to nap, his arms crossed and legs spread (Xero called it his signature pose) when he heard a faint tapping noise.

"Hey... Lionel!" he turned to meet a smiling Hex. "You okay?"

"I was."

"Huh?"

"Anyway, how did you get here?"

"Long story. We need to get you out of here."

"Hang on, I got this." Still lying down, he raised his back a bit and flapped his wings, slicing the bars of the cage on the opposite side with the wind. First top, then bottom. He silently got up and went out, slipping through by pushing the bars out.

"Tada!" he smiled at the surprised Hex, holding out two of the metal bars.

"Why didn't you do that earlier?" Hex whispered.

"I was about to nap."

"If only you weren't so lazy."

"That's what everyone says. Lets go! you think you can get me back to the habitat?" Lionel asked.

"Why?" Hex narrowed her eyes.

"I need something. Didn't have the time to get it." Without asking further questions, Hex lead him back to the habitat after passing through the maze of vents. The whole place was completely empty.

"Wait here." He commanded and flew off at his max speed, blowing all of Hex's fur backward. He came back, holding something in his hand. Hex's eyes widened in surprise.

"How did you even get that?" He was spinning a small pistol around his finger.

"Stole it when some months back from some coat. Some are really despise us, and carry around one that doesn't contain tranquilizers. This one has live ammo, though the magazine in it is all I've got." Hex's eyes widened in surprise.

"Who are you going to use that on?"

"Frankenstein, of course." Lionel didn't feel like smirking when he saw her face. "We need to get back. Show  me the way." Hex was reluctant.

"Look, I've only got these wings. I'm completely human unlike the rest of you. I even catch human diseases now and then, and cook the raw meat scientist toss to the carnivorous ones because I can't live on the food they give to other flying experiments." Hex was utterly confused. How could he still be so human? all the experiments were tested harshly.

"How are you still like that?"

"Ah, her name was Grace was it? she was the first one to test me. Well if I tell you only the three of us will know." He took a deep breath. "I was humanly abnormal before I was brought here. Normal testing methods can make my blood type appear to be AB+. But, there's something more. Grace calls my blood Z-type. It's extremely fast in generating an immune response and reproduction. The moment my cells are altered, they are treated as viruses and eliminated while the non-affected ones quickly multiply. I got the wings when I was younger, but even as my body grew my wings didn't."

"Shouldn't that made the scientists want to experiment you more?"

"Once again, if you think about subjecting a completely normal human to post-mutation experiments no one would survive. I do get called now and then to be injected with serums when they think they've finally cracked it. Naturally they fail and take more blood from me." Lionel sighed. Hex tried to digest what he was saying.

"Fine then. But you'll only use that thing when your life is in danger. Other than that then no one in the world will you find scarier than me." Hex warned. She was scary now, what about later? Lionel quickly nodded.

She started to lead him back to the place where all the other experiments were trapped, sneaking through the vents.

"Your tail is really fluffy. Can I use that as a pillow sometime?" Lionel said, bored of the silence as they took another turn. They were moving crouched on their knees and elbows, and her tail was in his reach, which he was desperately trying not to feel. Hex laughed.

"You're a weird one, aint ya?" "Is that a yes?" she didn't respond. They finally reached the place in the wall Hex had torn previously before. As they stepped to the place with the cages, they were completely shocked. There was absolute chaos, with experiments running rampant and cages being broken everywhere. He looked at Hex.

"Will you be fine on your own?" He asked, a worried expression on his face. She laughed a little.

"You're worrying about me? You should stay behind me." Damn, she was ready to fight.

"Take care of things on the ground." He shot upwards. "Let's try to meet up again. Find Xero if you can!" He yelled over the sounds. Flying max speed into the center of the area, he noticed something really fast, flying to from experiment to experiment on a rampage, dealing with them easily and fast.

Lots dust was gathering in the air and he couldn't clearly see their appearance. They turned around and looked at Lionel, a strange and cheery look in its' eyes, making it seem almost lunatic. He moved fast as it approached him and geared up as it attacked.

Swift movements he moved to dodge but one unavoidable hit he choose to block. This proved to be a fatal mistake. Their claw struck his left shin. Instantly, swung around with his right ready to land a kick. As predicted, they moved and dodged and also read the left kick he sneaked in but they were in the palm of his hands. He had the fastest reflexes among all of the experiments.

They were moving up but he brought down his fist hard, his knuckles connecting with their face. It turned quiet suddenly and the field seemed to stand still. The dust cleared. Lionel looked in surprise. What was this! they resembled 99!

"You know, you're first one to land one on me. Though it wasn't pretty effective." The slight bruise that had appeared above its suppressed eye vanished. She opened the other eye. His leg was still bleeding. Panting as he struggled to stay in the air, he asked in a shaky voice.

"Who are you?"

Vivi flew carelessly towards the lab. She wasn't very adept with her wings yet. Although it made no sound when flying, it didnt give her the speed she needed now. From afar she heard sounds of destruction everywhere. As to what was going on, she didn't know.
She flew towards the opening nearest to the latest crash and entered. When she landed, something flew past her and crashed into the wall behind. Vivi took a quick glance at it. It had tentacles around its body but had a human head. 'Could this be... October?'
The beast, however was all limp, and not moving. It seemed like it had been shredded by a shredding machine. Turning her head towards the direction where the beast flew from, she saw a huge figure in the shape of a condor. It is a... Vulture?
Before she could see it properly, the vulture came at her with its sharp talons. Fortunately, it was in a cramped building and the vulture had poor mobility, thus allowing Vivi to barely dodge its attack. The vulture turned quickly and came at Vivi again. Vivi turned and ran as the vulture clumsily followed. The corridors weren't wide enough for the vulture to spread its wings so it could only flap clumsily and run using its legs. Vivi could hear the vulture behind her. She gauged the distance using the sounds when the bird crashed onto the walls and corridors while she transformed her feet into talons. When she finished the transformation, she turned, spread her wings and jumped out of the building from the nearest window, and flew from the outside and entered the building from behind the vulture. In terms of speed, size and power, she loses out to the vulture, but her size allows her for mobility and stealth within the building and out. From the back of the vulture, Vivi used her talons and scratched the bird, then exit the building from the nearest window again. The vulture turned in surprise but wasn't able to catch Vivi. Vivi enters the building again through the window behind the bird again and approached the vulture silently, injuring it again before exiting the building again. This time, she managed to injure its wings. The strategy was working very well and Vivi managed to land many critical hits on the vulture.

However, there is a limit to how many times a strategy can be used successfully. The vulture had learnt the timing behind the attacks and instinctively dodge the blow without taking much damage. Not only that, it has also learnt to counter attack. And t most recent attack resulted in Vivi getting hit by its wings and slamming into a wall, twisting an arm. However, the vulture's huge movement has caused it to lose balance out of recoil. Vivi didn't want to lose the chance to attack an she zoomed straight for the vulture.

'Yes!' Vivi thought as she neared the vulture with her talons aiming straight at the vulture's heart. The vulture will not be able to dodge this attack while it is imbalanced. This was what she thought before something unexpected happened.

The vulture screeched.

The cry from the vulture stopped Vivi in mid-air. 'What was that!?' Vivi's heart skipped a beat and her vision whited out, causing her to collapse right infront of the vulture. Something icy ran through her spine as she found herself unable to move an inch. The vulture turned towards Vivi, it's huge, sharp talons came down on her, grabbing her small body and crushing it with minimal strength. It then threw her back onto the ground hard, the impact caused her to break the other arm. Without hesitation, the vulture came at Vivi with the final attack, with the intent to kill.

Vivi braced herself for the attack as she was paralyzed on the ground, incapable of dodging. As the vulture's talons were about to stab into Vivi, a figure appeared behind the vulture, stabbing into its heart instead. The vulture cried in pain as it stumbled and collapsed.
Vivi's vision gradually came back and she saw the person who killed the vulture.

"Li-Lily!?" She coughed the words softly. Her lungs were a little damaged.

The girl walked slowly up to Vivi and squatted next to her. Vivi could see her face more clearly now. She struggled to sit up despite her injuries. "Li-lily... Is it really you?"

"Yes. Long time no see... VIVI..." The other girl replied coldly.
"...Eh? ...!" Vivi was surprised by her response.
"Looks like you haven't grown any stronger since we last met." The girl stared down at Vivi. "Losing to a vulture like this... What a disgrace."
"Lily...wha-"
"99. You'd better buck up, or I would feel embarassed to admit you are my twin."
"..." Vivi didn't know how to react.
"Tell dad that I'll visit him later..." The girl's voice started to change into a sweet and cheery tone as her frown gradually turn into a wide smile. "Alright~? Vivi dear~?"

With that, the girl turned to walk away, leaving the surprised Vivi behind.

---------
:V

Sakila picked up the wallet and looked inside. The inside was simple. No tracking devices, no weird gas. Just an ID, some 20s and bit of loose change. And some... pictures? They were pictures of a few of the experiments being tortured. Did he know what she was planning to do?

She smirked. "I intend to save them," she muttered. "I just gotta make a stop first." And what the heck was up with that thumbs-up sign? She laughed as she walked into the unfamiliar city.

It took her a while to find it. The sights and sounds of the city sidetracked her for a minute or two sometimes, but she remembered her goal and continued. She took off the lab coat to seem less conspicuous, but kept it with her. She'd need it again. No one on the street stopped to look at her. No one noticed her.

This... This is my goal. This is what I want to be.

She found it soon. She walked inside and showed them whatever it took to prove she was telling the truth. She even let her ears and rosettes appear for a brief while.

Once they were convinced, she was told to follow a strict plan. She planned on not following it.

Soon, she was whisked back to the building, one last time, gripping the convenient wallet in her hands and grinning happily.

(And folks, last time, on the Habitat! *show blurry image of Lionel VS Lili*

Lionel: *static in voice* Who are you?

BACK TO THE SHOW)

"Who am I? I'd be your worst nightmare." She said.

"Sorry to say this, but every time I try to sleep I get interrupted. And I need to sleep to have a nightmare." She stared at him. "In other words, you can try your best." shouldn't you stop digging? this isn't a hole this is a pit! This Vivi lookalike was wearing a cloak that hid her body, only her wings spread out, but he couldn't tell of which bird. There were claws instead of feet. A bird of prey...I'm still faster.

It began. He flew away from her and she followed. He increased his speed and was beginning to lose her when he turned sharply several times in the air to balance himself as he kept his velocity maximum. An instant before they would have collided, he swung his wings forward, creating razor-like winds. The other creature was pushed back and took cuts, but so did Lionel. His clothes were completely torn and blood ran down his arms and back.

"I don't really think you can go on anymore. You shouldn't overestimate yourself, you weak birdie." The Vivi lookalike spoke, all the wounds on her body having healed.

"Oh, I'm sorry what was that?" He flew in a semi-circle to her right and blocked her reaction with his right, emitting a sickening sound before whirling kicking her with the momentum from his air burst, sending her crashing upwards as she hit the roof, creating a hole her shape in it.

"This...impossible." She muttered. How could anyone be faster than her? Her. She was 100. No one was better than her.

"You might be faster than me, stronger than me, smarter than me, but you can't accelerate faster than me." Lionel smirked. He was breathing heavily and could feel his consciousness fading, but this person wouldn't just let him fall to the ground so easily. No, he couldn't lose himself now.

"Such humiliation...you wont get away with this." Holy-

"AAARGH!!" He could see her moving. He could feel the air shifting. He wanted to move. To dodge. To block. Anything. His body refused to listen to him. He spread his wings but due to his posture he couldn't keep his balance. Something sharp penetrated the side of his abdomen. The creature pulled out its claw and watched as he fell to the ground haplessly. Something strange happened.

He looked her in the eyes, and for a moment she thought he would fly up and turn the situation around. For the first time in her life did she think that, but he fell the ground with a dull thud. She couldn't bear this and flew away as fast as she could.

"Wha- what... was..." Vivi was utterly shocked at the difference in personality of the Lily she just met with the Lily in her memories. 

'What happened to her!? ... The director... The director must have done something to her!' Vivi thought as she struggled to get to her feet.

The vulture had injured her lungs and broke a rib when it crushed her with its talons. Even sitting upright would prove to be difficult for Vivi right now, but she had to get back to the director. 'How pathetic.' Vivi clenched her teeth as she stood up with the help of a pole beside her, at the same time struggling to breathe properly. 'I couldn't even finish things properly...' She struggled to take a step. '...even needed Lily to save me... Lily...'

"Lily..." Vivi whispered as she succumbed to her own emotions and collapsed onto the ground, her first time in her memories having teardrops rolling off her face.

A while later, after Vivi managed to recover partially from her injuries, she managed to return to the office where the director was. She slowly pushed the door and went in. To her surprise, Lily was already there, laughing and flitting around the director.

"Lily. ... !" Vivi gasped.

"Oh you are back, 99..." the director spoke nonchalantly, not even noticing how serious Vivi's injuries are, not that she cares anyway.

"Director...!" Vivi choked as she dragged herself towards the director. "Wha- did yo- do to 100!?"

"Hmmm? What did I do?" the director showed a surprised expression. "She looks perfectly normal to me."

"Vivi!" Lily grabbed Vivi and hugged her tight. "I've missed you sooooo much! Where have you gone?!"

"Huh- Huh?" Vivi was confused.

"I thought you had always wanted to see 100 again? Now that you did, you don't seem very excited." the director commented.

"What...? I...?"

"Vivi... why did you leave for so long!? Lily thought you didn't want to see her again..." the girl pouted as she turned to look away. 

Throwing...tantrums?

Vivi had no idea what was going on any more. Was the Lily she saw previously just her own imagination? Or could it be someone else? A lookalike? No. It was her. There was no mistake. But then...

"Dad, Vivi's coming with me for a while." Lily dragged Vivi towards the window. "Alright?"

"Better not get into another trouble this time."

"When have I gotten you into trouble." Lily replied as she opened the window and jumped out, pulling Vivi along. 

"Wait Lily, wai-ah!" Vivi had no choice but to spread her wings and fly, even though it still hurt her. Her lung injury together with the air pressure prevented her to breathe properly, but Lily didn't care. After a while of flying, Lily landed, with Vivi following after.

"Vivi~ Do you remember this place~" The girl spun around happily. "This is the garden we used to play together~ See the flowers?" she bent down to smell one.

"Lily..."

"See the hut~? Remember we used to live there? I loved to climb into your bed at night~"

"Lily...stop..."

"Oh! Look! The sky~ Although this one is fake, we used to lie down and watch the clouds, and imagine what the shape of the clouds could be~ You always loved to-"

"Lily! That's enough!"

The girl stopped talking.

"What happened to you? Are you angry at me? Or..."

The expression of the girl changed. "... 99. You wanna know?"

"Yes. Tell me!"

The girl turned with a dark expression on her face. There was a tiny hint of a grin but it wasn't a friendly one. She spoke.

"Tell me. Why did you betray me?"

---------------------------

(:V)

Jae walked towards the fallen bird, looked at it quizzically.

Jae wasn't very skilled at first aid, and it probably wasn't too necessary; Lionel, he knew, had the mysterious Z-blood, like Jae himself did. Somehow he felt a sense of familiarlty with the fallen experiment. Both of us...part human...mostly human. One of us became a bird, and the other became a machine. "Looks like this Frankenstein helped out when you needed it, huh?" Jae paused. Talking suddenly became natural...why? It started after I threw my wallet at Sakila...

Jae left before Lionel could get up. He wasn't sure whether Lionel would attack him or not, and decided to bail. Out of sight, he decided to test something. He slammed his fist against the wall, and a burning sensation engulfed his hand. He quickly retracted and opened his fist. Pain. Am I...becoming human? Not now...I need my immunity to pain!

He shook his head. Guess I'll have to make do. He walked towards the director's office. He twirled his gun around his finger.

My body feels more fluid too...

"Careful. Turn right here."

"I gotcha, boss. Really, don't underestimate me. How did you guys get the blueprints to this building anyway?" Sakila spoke into the microphone softly, making sure she wasn't noticeable. Scientists walked by her casually. A woman leading a group of new recruits raised an eyebrow before shaking her head and walking away.

Sakila kept walking.

At the end of the hallway, she whipped out the ID card and swiped it. A new hallway greeted her, this one much more quiet and empty.

"Left," the earpiece directed. "If my hunch is correct, you should find them behind the third door on the right."

Sakila swiped the card agin and pushed the door open. The first thing she noticed was the stench of death. Inside, she found the rest of the experiments. Half of them were dead.

Steeling her nerves, Sakila walked to every single cage and began opening them.

"Sakila?"

"Crest! You're alive!"

"You've gotta get out of here! Now!"

"Wha—why?!" She opened the dragonfly's door. He stumbled out and fell on the ground clumsily.

"Y–you have to run! Get out while you still can!"

"Crest, I don't understand—!!!"

A large shadow appeared on top of his cage. It let out a bloodcurdling scream before jumping down.

"RU—" The creature slammed its foot against Crest's skull before he could finish and then turned its attention to Sakila.

"Sakila! Are you alright?!" The voice crackled through the earpiece.

"Go! Now!"

"You heard her!"

Immediately, Sakila heard sirens outside. "THIS IS THE POLICE! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!"

(Phin made a cameo xD)

"THIS IS THE POLICE! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!"

The first group of police officers kicked the door down before going inside, looking for others like the girl who had gotten them. Splitting up, each tinier group cleared rooms one by one. In the distance, sounds could be heard. A few brave police officers went to investigate, not knowing it would be the last thing they did.

From outside, the captain in charge was holed up in the command truck, sending out orders to his men when suddenly the truck was filled with screaming. He jumped, quickly grabbing the radio where the sounds were coming from and yelled into it. "Hello?! Hello?! Do you copy? Answer!"

When no response came, he was about to grab a different radio, starting with, "Team B, go-" when the truck's door flew open. As a woman stepped in, she ordered, "Stop what you're doing right now."

An annoyed glare was shot at her as the captain responded, "Who the hell are you and what do you think gives you the right to tell me what to do?"

She flashed her badge at him. "Marie Riess. Interpol. And unless you want your men to die, I would suggest listening to what I have to say."

~~~~~

As the Director roamed the halls, his phone rang. Quickly, he answered. "Yes?"

"Sir! The police has found us!"

".... I see."

"What should we do?"

"Release the security measures and destroy everything."

Without really wanting to hear the caller's voice anymore, they hung up. "What a shame to lose such nice experiments... Well, I best get everything ready...."

Hex had ducked out of sight when Jae appeared amidst the destruction and chaos, watching the man as he tended to the swift. She was puzzled by his apparent change since she'd last confronted him, and waited until he was out of sight before kneeling next to Lionel. "Hey..." She shook his shoulder, wishing her blood could transfer her regenerative power instead of toxicity. "Lionel, you a'right?" His side looked okay though, and it appeared that he'd been given first aid. Frankencoat?

Her ears perked up at the sound of voices:

"THIS IS THE POLICE! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!"

In a minute there was another voice from a few rooms away:

"Release the security measures and destroy everything."

"Shit!" She grabbed Lionel and dragged him up, hauling him out of the room and toward where she believed was an exit. No one else from that room was alive, and she cursed again under her breath. She'd have to get him out, then come back for the others. 

"Tell me. Why did you betray me?" The other girl questioned.

Vivi was stunned. Betray!?

"I...what!? I don't understand. Betray...? Lily... What...?"

"Don't understand?" Lily let out a laugh. "That's a good way to avoid an accusation eh? Humph, I'll explain to you then... You promised... You promised we will be together forever... BUT WHAT DID YOU DO!? You broke your promise and left me! FOR?"

"Lily... I..."

"Don't think I am not aware. You left for that man right!?"

'Man...!? What man!?'

"It may be a coincidence he was sent to work here...but I won't believe it's a coincidence that you left just when he arrived!"

"No Lily I didn't-"

"Then tell me! Why did you leave!"

"I... Lily it's not... I..." Vivi was unable to answer. She didn't know how to go about answering.

"You can't answer right? Of course, because I was right!"

"Lily... Which man are you talking about? I don't understand-"

"Now you are feigning innocence right? You may think I don't know, but I've always observed you. You used to love him, and I'm sure you still do..."

"I used to love who? What are you talking about lily-wait. I used to?" Vivi paused for a moment. "Do you remember anything... From before I had any memories? ..."

Lily took a step back. "I... So you finally found out eh..." She took a deep breath. "That's right. I've never lost any memories in the first place. I only PRETENDED to not have any so you wouldn't ask me anything."

"Lily... You... Lied to me?"

"That's not the issue here is it? You belong to ME. You will only be MINE. You don't need any other memories... You only need ME in your memories. You will only need ME in your life." Her evil grin was the replaced with a teary-eyed look. "But... You had to... You had to..."

The girl's expression suddenly changed again as she pounced on Vivi grabbing her throat, trying to strangle her. "No... No others will have you... Not even that man, not even dad... If I can't have you, no one else will!"

Vivi coughed under the weight of the other girl and struggled to breathe. When she thought she was about to lose consciousness, the other girl loosened her grip.

"No... I shouldn't kill you now..." The girl shook her head. "No.. I will let you be killed by HIM. Yes. If he knows you're the director's daughter he will want to kill you for sure. You will be killed by the person you love. Isn't that awesome? Hehe~"

The girl giggled crazily. "Yesss... I'll do that... Aren't I good to you? I'll find him and tell him... And you can DIE in the arms of your beloved? Hehehe~ yes..."

"Wait-Lily... Explain..." Vivi's voice trailed off as she lost consciousness on the patch of green. Ignoring any comments from Vivi, the other girl left the garden to carry out her plan.

---------

(:V Obvious? No?

Hurray to crazy! \o/)

(^Such sadistic twins. :V Yandere, both of you xD)

A fall of that height would have killed him, but he survived. He woke up, his vision blurry. He could feel several of his injuries, wrapped in something. Lionel heard a rhythmic moving of steps, a bit slow before it changed to smoother walk. Frankenstein? He couldn't get up, or reach for the pistol. Guess I owe him, one for the pink dye I stole but he overlooked and one for this.

He would have bled to death faster then he could replenish his blood. So Jae had saved his life, whether he knew it or not. He unable to hear anything clearly but could hear a shout from somewhere. Suddenly, he was pulled up and found himself being dragged away. This fluffy sensation...Hex!

"Whe....ar....we...goin.." His throat was dry with thirst. He coughed. Hex looked at him, worried. "...Wa...ter..." he croaked. Shit! his human neccesities! Hex thought frantically.

-----

(LOL I was going to keep my character realistic as possible.)

(You don't like sadistic? :P How about Masochistic? or plain dramatic? XD)

Vivi opened her eyes slowly after she awoke. She could breathe more properly now and her broken arms seem to have been mended without issues.
'Ah yes. Lily!' Vivi jumped up from the grass immediately and started flying towards the director's facility.

She thought hard about what Lily said earlier, but still, no one came to mind. The only males whom she knew, that worked in the facility are the director and Hunt. She probably have already met the 'man' Lily was talking about, but it was highly probably that she never paid any attention to him.
Also, Vivi was concerned that Lily knew about their past. If she did, why didn't she want to tell Vivi about it? Was there something that she had to keep hidden from her? Why would she call the director 'dad'? How did they end up in the facility?
As Vivi thought, she randomly flew and for no apparent reason, she ended up at a random laboratory.

Sometimes, fate might bring you to something important. With that thought, she entered the facility. Flying around, she found an opening and entered through the side windows.
True enough, the entire facility was filled with dead bodies. Every few seconds, she could hear something rampaging the building. Vivi decided to fly towards the source of the sound.
As the sound grew louder, she could see more 'partially killed' creatures and experiments lying around. She didn't stop for any of them, however, and continued to search for the source of the violence.

Suddenly, a loud crash.

Immediately, Vivi zoomed at highest speed towards the source of the sound without hesitation, which was just around the corner. Just as she was about to turn the corner, a figure appeared and bumped into her. Vivi immediately readjusted her balance and prepared to attack the figure. However, when she saw who it was, she stopped.

"Sakila." she murmurred to herself.

It was no wonder she didn't hear her running towards herself. Cats run silently, just like how owls fly silently.

"What are you doing here?" Vivi asked as Sakila frantically glanced around, as though she was searching for something.
"I'm looking... for...somethi..." she replied.
Looking around as well, she saw something on the ground under a fallen plank. She took a closer look and saw a photo. It was an ID card.
"Were you looking for this?" Vivi picked up the ID card as Sakila responded. Just then, Vivi saw the person in the photo. Something jolt in her memory again, on the sight of the person, but she shook it off immediately. It was the scientist she saw before the experiments were captured. 'What was his name again? ... Jae. Yes. The paralyzed scientist.'
Vivi took a closer look and something caught her eye. She saw the date on the ID card.

"...I won't believe it's a coincidence that you left just when he arrived!"
Vivi remembered Lily saying something like that. It couldn't be... Right?
"No." Vivi shook her head. If it were like Lily said, the guy should have known Vivi. However, he did not recognize her...or at least...he didn't seem to know her.
But she had to confirm this. This guy should have known that Vivi was the director's daughter. And if like Lily said, if he was the guy and that he would kill her if he knew about her relationship with the director, why didn't he kill her when he had the many chances to? She had to find out.

Vivi gradually turned to leave when suddenly, Sakila yelled. "Vivi! Run!"

Without time to react, a huge and sharp claw came down on Vivi, trapping her on the ground, stabbing into her back and nearly crushing her. Vivi had concentrated too hard thinking that she did not even realize the creature approaching.
The leopard jumped in to try and push the creature away, but it only budged a little as its claws were stuck in Vivi's back.
Vivi pulled in her legs to a bent position and tried to push the claw of the creature away, but the more she pushed, the more the claws sank into her.
'S***. Not again.' Vivi cursed as she tried to get out of the situation.

Feeling intense frustration, she flipped her head around and bit down hard on the leg of the creature without thinking.
The creature roared in pain as it retracted its feet in recoil, freeing Vivi from its clutch. Vivi climbed up and turned to face the creature.

'Oh. So biting works...' Was Vivi's first thought. She didn't even realize she has turned her head nearly 180 degrees over to bite the creature without breaking her neck.
Vivi then flew backwards, attracting the creature to move towards her. Using the creature's momentum, she dashed forward and using her talons, she blinded the creature. However, the impact sent her flying backwards knocking into the wall.
The leopard took the chance Vivi created to jump onto the creature and bit down hard on its neck. It roared in pain as it tried to swing it away. After a couple of seconds, it collapsed onto the ground. Dead.

"Phew. You alright?" Sakila asked as she extended a hand towards Vivi.
"I'm fine." Vivi answered as she pulled out the ID card and placed it into Sakila's extended hand, standing up herself. "I need to go now."
Vivi turned to leave.
"Wait!" Sakila called out. "Where are you going!?"
Vivi paused for a moment before answering. "I need to find that Scientist."
"...Which scientist are you talking about?"
Vivi turned back and glanced at the wallet on Sakila's hand. However, she didn't reply, and just jumped out of the window and flew away, leaving Sakila in the building.

--------
:P (Oh gosh I love complications XD)