Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Hobgoblin2012

Murderers in Detective Conan

A question that has been tormenting me forever since I have started watching Detective Conan: why does Gosho never do stories where the murderers are really evil people without scruples, like for example in Agatha Christie's books? I mean, there are such characters in DC, but they are always killed before Conan arrives and are therefore the "victims" of the present case, while the murders of innocent people are always something that happened in the past and are only used as the background for the main cases. Why do you think does he almost never let Conan investigate murders where an innocent person is killed by an evil person? It would be interesting to see Conan confront a criminal completely who is completely without scruples and unable to repent.

There certainly are cases in which completely innocent people were victims. However, what you said about the murderers is true, but don't you tink the members of the BO are enough?

There certainly are cases in which completely innocent people were victims. However, what you said about the murderers is true, but don't you tink the members of the BO are enough?

I think not quite enough. The BO cases are not that many compared to the rest, and the fact that Conan mostly goes after desperate people who commit crimes out of despair because the law doesn't help them annoys me very much. At least he could do without reading them morals and could say he is sorry for their situation. Conan must be really ignorant about the law if he thinks all murders are the same and there is no such thing as extenuating circumstances. No fictional detective I read about is so proud of being heartless. They all send murderers to prison, but at least they acknowledge the fact they sometimes deserve compassion. Limiting himself to the sentence "murder is wrong" without thinking about anything else is a primitive way of thinking, just the extreme opposite of killing everybody you don't like.