Detective Conan World
Akazora

"Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie" News and Discussion

It is a must for any DC fan! Much better than the previous special

Only advice I give... you may get annoyed with the slapstick comedy which came from Lupin series. In more than 700 anime chapters and 17 movies it´s the first time I saw scenes in DC which I could say.... oh no! Too surreal that... as Conan Says "something is out of place".

Watch and pay attention!

thats a fake picture from the episode fake wedding

Edit:

If anyone cares, hubuki subbed it, and its out.

i dont know if this is old news or old... but hey we get a subbed movie

Edit 2.0:

Have to say that the movie was great as far as humor goes, the rest is what you were expecting.

Jigen and Conan may be my new fave combo in the show

also james black was awesome

nice that that they put Ai in this one, even the DBs were likeable 

thats a fake picture from the episode fake wedding

Edit:

If anyone cares, hubuki subbed it, and its out.

i dont know if this is old news or old... but hey we get a subbed movie

Edit 2.0:

Have to say that the movie was great as far as humor goes, the rest is what you were expecting.

Jigen and Conan may be my new fave combo in the show

also james black was awesome

nice that that they put Ai in this one, even the DBs were likeable 

Not old news.  You mentioned it once HubukiSubs released it (and I can guarantee that, seeing as I am on the editing staff for HubukiSubs).  It was released on the early morning hours of the fourth.  Hey, what a great independence day gift, no?

Not old news.  You mentioned it once HubukiSubs released it (and I can guarantee that, seeing as I am on the editing staff for HubukiSubs).  It was released on the early morning hours of the fourth.  Hey, what a great independence day gift, no?

i am gratful for the release, i just have a complain that the subs could have been beeter (slower, bigger frame, beter placed then way low).

Thank you for :D DC  :D

also i think i mentioned the relese once 

i am gratful for the release, i just have a complain that the subs could have been beeter (slower, bigger frame, beter placed then way low).

Thank you for :D DC  :D

also i think i mentioned the relese once 

I agree on the subs, I thought it went too fast and I told Hubuki that, but he thought it wasn't an issue.  As for frame, it depends on where you downloaded it from, because the ones on nyaa-torrents were good, in my opinion.  As for placement, yeah, I can see why it would be annoying if the play bar is showing, but that is why I use streaming videos where that goes down and hides.

I agree on the subs, I thought it went too fast and I told Hubuki that, but he thought it wasn't an issue.  As for frame, it depends on where you downloaded it from, because the ones on nyaa-torrents were good, in my opinion.  As for placement, yeah, I can see why it would be annoying if the play bar is showing, but that is why I use streaming videos where that goes down and hides.

Downloaded it from the same place, must be some bad thing on my end then. I just think that the subs could be a inch up (so to say ), when watching movies i turn the PC into a sweet place to relax and see the show

Downloaded it from the same place, must be some bad thing on my end then. I just think that the subs could be a inch up (so to say ), when watching movies i turn the PC into a sweet place to relax and see the show

I'm thinking an inch would be too much, but you're right, it could have done well a bit further up.

Honestly, the subs weren't terrible. If, of course, you're like me and are a native English speaker with excellent reading speed and good eyes. I write small, so reading small isn't a big deal to me. There are some subs where I have to go from looking at the subs to looking at the action on screen with choppy difficulty, but this wasn't the case for me here. However, it might help that I understand basic Japanese so I don't have to process it as long as most, so it's easier to both take in the english subs, the audio, and the video at the same time. >.> I personally was happy there weren't aggravating errors.

Honestly, the subs weren't terrible. If, of course, you're like me and are a native English speaker with excellent reading speed and good eyes. I write small, so reading small isn't a big deal to me. There are some subs where I have to go from looking at the subs to looking at the action on screen with choppy difficulty, but this wasn't the case for me here. However, it might help that I understand basic Japanese so I don't have to process it as long as most, so it's easier to both take in the english subs, the audio, and the video at the same time. >.> I personally was happy there weren't aggravating errors.

but what about the folks who see badly, and need a bit bigger txt

I will point out that soft sub scripts are available, meaning, if you don't like the text, you're able to take the text and modify it yourselves and put it to the proper raw video (which I think he used something like SCOP).

Im going to watch it know, I expect alot from it *excited*

Edit:

I actually watched it and I would say AMAZING

Really amazing

Its better than the special but its the best movie I guess if you are searching for a laugh

Edited by shahooda

I watched the movie in June, I think, and it was really good :)

Although it got a little bit confusing near the end because I didn't watch the special episode that came before the movie -- the one about Vespania.

I loved Conan's new water skateboard xD

I never seen it yet. Though, I read a review over it, and many are saying that it's not that great.

However, I'm still going to watch it, cause it looks worth watching to me. (Even though I'm not too familiar with Lupin, but as long as Conan Edogawa is in it, then I'll watch it! :D) By watching the trailer, I can already tell that the movie is nothing but 'awesomeness!' xD

I never seen it yet. Though, I read a review over it, and many are saying that it's not that great.

However, I'm still going to watch it, cause it looks worth watching to me. (Even though I'm not too familiar with Lupin, but as long as Conan Edogawa is in it, then I'll watch it! :D) By watching the trailer, I can already tell that the movie is nothing but 'awesomeness!' xD

From the reviews I've read, many have suggested watching the special that aired a while ago, otherwise some part will be a bit confusing in the movie.

From the reviews I've read, many have suggested watching the special that aired a while ago, otherwise some part will be a bit confusing in the movie.

^This is true.  The movie makes a lot of references to things that happened in the special.