Detective Conan World
DetectiveConanfan

Detective Conan's target audience: old people who read DC?

for some reason i always though that older people like you people wouldn't be into this kind of manga or anime anymore.

It's sort of weird to see like 15-20 year olds obsessed with Detective Conan. (i don't mean to be offending)

Why are you guys sill into it?

I don't know exactly why, to be honest. XD I watch and read all kinds of anime and manga, so I wouldn't pass up a brilliant one like Detective Conan. It's entertaining, it gives out interesting information about a myriad of things, and I like the animation, so I guess that's why I stick with it. And for some reason Detective Conan appeals to me in a way that the board game Cluedo as well as Sherlock Holmes appeal to me: DC gets me thinking. :D

I also read somewhere that Detective Conan appeals to a very broad age range, 7-40 years, if I'm not mistaken, so having older teens and adults watch it is not really surprising. :D

I guess you KNOW why DC attracts not only kids but also adults as you get older. :D

You have to wait until that time. :)

I am now 19 years old and have been a DC fan for over ten years. But the way I enjoy DC has changed a bit. When I was a kid, my pleasure of watching DC lay in the thrilling experience that DC gave me and the interesting conversation between DC characters. Now, growing to be a mystery buff who reads Agatha Christie snd Shrlock Holmes series, my main focus has changed to be deduction. So, like me, your viewpoint might change in the future.

Just sit back and enjoy watching or reading. :)

I don't think Detective Conan is the best anime or anything, but it is addictive. Mystery is my second favorite genre, after sci-fi. So this show appealed to me. It is basically an entertaining way to pass my time. One thing I really wish that would happen for this show, though, is more character development. It is something these characters don't get enough of.

age doesn't matter when it comes to some adictions.. like in my case.. i'm already 17 and yet i'm very attracted to anime series especially detective conan.. and it is categorized as shounen (for boys) while i am a girl.. it's actually the best anime for me.. it's true that i always hear criticisms about being attracted to these sort of thing inspite of my age and gender but i just don't mind them.. as long as i enjoy watching and reading DC, i won't stop supporting it.. :D

Also, DC is not quite like other animes. Besides its entertaining value, it stimulates our curiosity and thinking process. We're not just spectators to the show anymore, but actual actors in the show: we try to think alongside Conan to try and discover the truth behind the case (and before it is revealed at the end of the episode). All of those factors show how this anime can be of both great entertainment and instructional value and thus is awesomely suitable for all ages. :D

Im not at the age that you're talking about, but I bet I'll still be into animes and mangas even if i grow older since DC caused my addiction to mystery stuffs. xD And you know, addictions aren't so easy to overcome! Hehe, xD

To be fair DC has been around for quite some time so some people grew up watching it, but personally speaking, I'm 23 by the way, I like detective shows in general. I'd love nothing more than to solve a mystery and I've made my peace with the fact that someone would have to die for me to do that, the point being a good mystery show is a good mystery show regardless of how old you are. People were obsessed with Sherlock Holmes too, Conan and me included, people wore armbands in mourning when he died in a book. It's just something people can get into.

age doesn't matter when it comes to some adictions.. like in my case.. i'm already 17 and yet i'm very attracted to anime series especially detective conan.. and it is categorized as shounen (for boys) while i am a girl.. it's actually the best anime for me.. it's true that i always hear criticisms about being attracted to these sort of thing inspite of my age and gender but i just don't mind them.. as long as i enjoy watching and reading DC, i won't stop supporting it.. :D

im so agreeing with this!!

Rene (I'm going to call you Rene unless you tell me not too) the next time someone tells you anime is just for kids make him Bible Black that'll shut him up.

I am 25 years old and still into DC. I love the show so much and maybe because of the mystery, I love guessing who the culprit is... lol. I think mature people enjoy watching DC than the kids...

HEY!! DID YOU GUYS KNOW ANIME IS SUITABLE FOR A TEENAGER LIKE US 13- 18... AND SOO.. UP... HEHEHE....AND DC IS A ANIME THAT TEACH US HOW MATTER COMPLETE WE DO THE CRIME, THERE,S STILL BE A CLUE TO US TO FIND OUT!! SO, THERE'S WILL BE ONLY ONE TRUTH!! HAHAHA.... I ALSO GIVE MY FIRST DEDUCTION WHEN I WATCH CONAN.. MOST OF THEM ARE CORRECT.. HEHEHE....

Well I'm 14, I've been watching DC on and off for 10 years and finally decided to try reading the manga.

While I've never been die hard fan of DC until now, it always kept me coming back to it, so I guess I couldn't resist the charm of the characters, romances, and mysteries.

It's just a perfect combination of lovable characters, cute romances, and suspenseful mysteries. Why WOULDN'T i not love it? XP

haha.... i see. ^^ basically DC's for everybody! lol. XD

you got it right. By the way, that's quite simple but interesting question. It's because when I was a young teen, my question was the opposite.

I was 12 when I first watched it and surprised and happy to know know that there's such an anime that existed. As time passes by, I'am now 22, my interest don't stop growing. Maybe one of the reasons I love DC is that I love science & math(since grade 5). The language of science is math, the language of math is logic. And logic/inference/deduction, is the very core of Detective Conan. As for me, as we grow older(our mind gets more sophisticated) the more intense we love DC.Based on my classification, I classify detective genres as an adventure genre, and adventure genre is my favorite.

I was 12 when I first watched it and surprised and happy to know know that there's such an anime that existed. As time passes by, I'am now 22, my interest don't stop growing. Maybe one of the reasons I love DC is that I love science & math(since grade 5). The language of science is math, the language of math is logic. And logic/inference/deduction, is the very core of Detective Conan. As for me, as we grow older(our mind gets more sophisticated) the more intense we love DC.Based on my classification, I classify detective genres as an adventure genre, and adventure genre is my favorite.

Same for me. Although I actually started reading dc manga @ 10 and is now 11. It is because I love maths and science. I get interested in how the tricks are done and even tried some simple ones...

Same for me. Although I actually started reading dc manga @ 10 and is now 11. It is because I love maths and science. I get interested in how the tricks are done and even tried some simple ones...

That's cool trying the tricks. :lol:

for some reason i always though that older people like you people wouldn't be into this kind of manga or anime anymore.

It's sort of weird to see like 15-20 year olds obsessed with Detective Conan. (i don't mean to be offending)

Why are you guys sill into it?

They like it the same way we do; they probably liked it since they were our age (Me being 13 next month), and since the series hasn't ended, they want to see how it turns out!

Conan has inspired me to read Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie novels. An ad in the back of one volume got me into YuYu Hakusho, and before that, MAR Heaven got me into Case Closed (The lame US name, but I still enjoy the dubbing!). Anyways, it's a family show in Japan, and if Gosho keeps this going for 70+ years, I'll still watch it when I'm old and pruny!

. Anyways, it's a family show in Japan, and if Gosho if aoyama keeps this going for 70+ years, I'll still watch it when I'm old and pruny!

Hahahaha. Aoyama is already in his 40 or 50. If it really happens, he will be a centurion.

Detective Conan is an anime that's been around for so long that you grow up watching it. I've been in to detective conan for 5 years the least. I started watching it at 7 or 8 and i'm 12 now. After you watch a little bit of it you keep on watching and watching because you want to know how it is going to end. DC has been around for like 16 years. The annveristy or w.e you spell it is in december :D. Anyways DC is just something that keeps you watching and reading wnating more of it~

Guys, once when i was scanning through the case closed book. I saw something funny in the first page. They say that case closed are for 16+ teenagers. So then, aren't we breaking the rule?