Detective Conan World
Kiel95

What is the connection between Gin and Sherry?

154 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was the relationship between Gin and Sherry?

• Nothing special, they are simply coworkers who knew one another
    • Former lovers (romantic or not)
    • Gin has/had a one sided crush on Sherry
    • Sherry had a one sided crush on Gin
    • Mentor-mentee
    • Former friends
    • Childhood friends
    • Biological father and daughter
    • Step/foster father and step/foster daughter
    • Biological siblings, step-siblings, or foster siblings
    • Other blood relation
    • Engaged or married to one another
    • Sherry is victim of some non-romantic obsession of Gin
    • Personal enemies because of something that happened even before Akemi's murder
    • Bad coworker relations because of a personality clash
    • Something else

cute fanpic :rolleyes:

it may be a cute fanpic, but i'm really close to wanting to shoot whoever drew that... unless they are going to make shiho slap him... or shinichi shoot him for flirtin with his woman ^-^

Nah, that's Gin, who is just going to propose vermouth and he is bringing his lawyer, Shiho, who will handle the legal letters and all that, though they are totally illegal.

ohhhh right srry :P forget that !!

Sorry??? I am trying to prove your theory right by saying that vermouth's husband died because Gin killed him to get vermouth as his wife!

I guess there's a possibility that they have a "romantic" relationship but unless they admit it I'm not gonna believe it, because that would be somewhat disturbing. If Gin is obsessed with her it's probably because he made a mistake when she got away and anyone can see that he hates mistakes, i mean he kills other members when they makes them, but i guess suicide isn't his style, so the only other way is to clean up the mess aka kill Sherry.

There is a Triangle love between Shiho, Gin and Kudo. Gin have fallen in love with Shiho but Shiho only loves Kudo and the same for Kudo. So, Gin tried to kill Kudo using APTX4869 bu Shiho followed him.

There is a Triangle love between Shiho, Gin and Kudo. Gin have fallen in love with Shiho but Shiho only loves Kudo and the same for Kudo. So, Gin tried to kill Kudo using APTX4869 bu Shiho followed him.

My is this one of the thousand theory.Sherry meet Kudo before her age 5-8.sherry use Gin love her to save kudo.

psssssht, you're talking to a few aicon fans here.... we shall stick with our belief till the end that shinichixshiho/conanxai should end together and that slowly shinichi/conan is falling out of love with ran!

if they meet when they were 5-8 years old, they would have remember, oh u guys forget that kudo is still falling for Ran.

Yes and no.My theory work is Shiho Have a nickname Shinichi gave her.

psssssht, you're talking to a few aicon fans here.... we shall stick with our belief till the end that shinichixshiho/conanxai should end together and that slowly shinichi/conan is falling out of love with ran!

You are right.I believe is Shiho save life shinichi.Shinichi is some proof in love Ran and Ai.My theory is end this series were not know Shinichi choose.Like Code geass end.lelouch live or die.I not hate Ran.I love her but I not like shinichi and Ran.

What's the connection of theory and her having a nickname?

Everything!This way Shinichi forget her.But my theory is crazy but possibly.

if they meet when they were 5-8 years old, they would have remember, oh u guys forget that kudo is still falling for Ran.

I not forget Ran.they would have remember.Yes and no.But Shiho remember him.Shinichi remember her but the nickname of her.

• Upvote 1

Back to the main topic, Gin and Shiho's relationship has been mentioned in the official Conan Drill guidebook (Specifically it's the relationship diagram on page 239). I moved the arrow legend to the top to save space. Note it was written before the conclusion of the Vermouth arc before Gin had suspicions about Vermouth being up to no good and keeping dangerous secrets.

conandrill239snip.jpg

In case the image goes down, the text of the image is in the spoiler

Translation by Abs.

LEGEND

--->

仕事上の関係

Work relationship

===>

恋愛関係

Love relationship

--->

相手への気持ち

Feelings toward the other

Gin Shiho arrows

G ----> S

異常な執着

Abnormal attachment

G <===> S

恋愛関係?

Love relationship?

G ----> S

研究者として評価

Valued as a researcher

裏切り者への軽蔑

Scorned as a traitor

G <---- S

憎しみ

Hatred

Gin Vermouth Arrows

G ----> V

アバンチュールの相手

Activity partner

G <===> V

肉体関係

Sexual relations

G <-----> V

同僚・信頼

Colleagues. Trusted.

G <--- V

好意

Good will

Shiho Vermouth arrows

Sherry <---> Vermouth

Love rivals?

Sherry ---> Vermouth

Fear

Vermouth ---> Sherry

Target, rivalry?

Gin's connection with Sherry which has led to his obsession over hunting her down and her hatred and extreme fear of him probably goes back to a relationship they had before Shiho betrayed the Org.

Gin clearly knows Shiho personality very well as he can anticipate her movements despite having rather different lines of work. Shiho hardly knew most of the other agents in non-science related positions. She hadn't met Pisco since she was a baby, she had only heard of Korn and Chianti, and hadn't heard of Kir. Bourbon is new and thus doesn't count. Conan never asked about Tequila. Vermouth likely had a connection with the parents because of her apparent aging weirdness despite not being in science. Gin is on the business/assassination side of things, so it is anomalous how well he seems to know her given how she doesn't know much about anyone else outside of the research branch. They clearly have a connection outside of their professions to account for knowing each other so well. They must have spent lots of time together if Gin can identify her from a single hair with conviction.

There are various possibilities for relationships between Shiho and Gin, like childhood friends (age difference could be an issue), mutual relationship or one sided attraction or abuse (Age difference again is an issue and that Shiho was in America until recently), mentor-mentee, etc. There is a strong case to be made for a romantic mutual relationship or onesided attraction using a good retranslation of the first chapter of the Reunion with the Black Org (the Pisco case) (file 24-7 or 238, ep 176) where the translator pointed out the innuendo Gin was using. (The retranslation was by kentaru). The retranslated monologue of Gin's in the dream is as follows:

"This is the end of your wanton sporting... Now, wake up from your dream... Shouldn't we celebrate our reunion with your favorite color scarlet... right, Sherry?"

The translator also had a notes page from which I will quote a relevant section:

The betrayal theme: In Ai's dream, Gin says Sherry's favorite color is scarlet and says "her wanton sporting is over" - what does he mean by that? A scarlet woman is an immoral woman, a prostitute. Wanton sporting is the same type of insult. He accuses her, in her dreams, of being sexually unrestrained. A correct translation of those terms is vital to understand what kind of character Gin is. Not only does he call her a betrayer, he also implied (several times) they had a relationship. I'm sure most readers wonder why he thinks of her nekkid and recognizes a strand of her hair. XD

Now, add this information to Gin's description of their meeting as a "reunion", him thinking of her in the nude, and Haibara yelling "Don't touch me!" when Ayumi places her hand on Haibara's arm, snapping her out remembering her dream. Furthermore, when the two of them meet on the rooftop of the Hyde City Hotel, there are more suggestive exchanges. Gin purposefully chose not to do his job in the most efficient fashion- shooting Shiho in the chimney- but instead chose to make a special exception for her by waiting out for her on the snowy rooftop because killing her there would be, paraphrasing, more beautiful. She even gets into the act by thanking him, albeit sarcastically, for "waiting for her in the cold"; Shiho seems to purposefully be alluding to the stereotypic scenario of one lover waiting for another in poor climate. Gin also makes a comment about her disguise, the uniform and the glasses, being unsuitable for her, which carries an implication that he thinks there is some other outfit which would be more suitable.

In conclusion, I think there is significant evidence that they had a romantic relationship going on between them because I don't think Gin would, even though part of it is a dream, phrase things like that for the heck of it. The rooftop exchange seems to corroborate with Gin's dream personality. Whatever kind of relationship they had obviously didn't work out, probably because of Gin's messed up personality.

Based on the fact Gin is still obsessing, Shiho was probably the one to dump him.

• Upvote 4

Back to the main topic, Gin and Shiho's relationship has been mentioned in the official Conan Drill guidebook (Specifically it's the relationship diagram on page 239). I moved the arrow legend to the top to save space. Note it was written before the conclusion of the Vermouth arc before Gin had suspicions about Vermouth being up to no good and keeping dangerous secrets.

conandrill239snip.jpg

Translation by Abs.

LEGEND

--->

仕事上の関係

Work relationship

===>

恋愛関係

Love relationship

--->

相手への気持ち

Gin Shiho arrows

G ----> S

異常な執着

Abnormal attachment

G <===> S

恋愛関係?

Love relationship?

G ----> S

研究者として評価

Valued as a researcher

裏切り者への軽蔑

Scorned as a traitor

G <---- S

憎しみ

Hatred

Gin Vermouth Arrows

G ----> V

アバンチュールの相手

Activity partner

G <===> V

肉体関係

Sexual relations

G <-----> V

同僚・信頼

Colleagues. Trusted.

G <--- V

好意

Good will

Shiho Vermouth arrows

Sherry <---> Vermouth

Love rivals?

Sherry ---> Vermouth

Fear

Vermouth ---> Sherry

Target, rivalry?

Gin's connection with Sherry which has led to his obsession over hunting her down and her hatred and extreme fear of him probably goes back to a relationship they had before Shiho betrayed the Org.

Gin clearly knows Shiho personality very well as he can anticipate her movements despite having rather different lines of work. Shiho hardly knew most of the other agents in non-science related positions. She hadn't met Pisco since she was a baby, she had only heard of Korn and Chianti, and hadn't heard of Kir. Bourbon is new and thus doesn't count. Conan never asked about Tequila. Vermouth likely had a connection with the parents because of her apparent aging weirdness despite not being in science. Gin is on the business/assassination side of things, so it is anomalous how well he seems to know her given how she doesn't know much about anyone else outside of the research branch. They clearly have a connection outside of their professions to account for knowing each other so well. They must have spent lots of time together if Gin can identify her from a single hair with conviction.

There are various possibilities for relationships between Shiho and Gin, like childhood friends (age difference could be an issue), mutual relationship or one sided attraction or abuse (Age difference again is an issue and that Shiho was in America until recently), mentor-mentee, etc. There is a strong case to be made for a romantic mutual relationship or onesided attraction using a good retranslation of the first chapter of the Reunion with the Black Org (the Pisco case) (file 24-7 or 238, ep 176) where the translator pointed out the innuendo Gin was using. (The retranslation was by kentaru). The retranslated monologue of Gin's in the dream is as follows:

The translator also had a notes page from which I will quote a relevant section:

Now, add this information to Gin's description of their meeting as a "reunion", him thinking of her in the nude, and Haibara yelling "Don't touch me!" when Ayumi places her hand on Haibara's arm, snapping her out remembering her dream. Furthermore, when the two of them meet on the rooftop of the Hyde City Hotel, there are more suggestive exchanges. Gin purposefully chose not to do his job in the most efficient fashion- shooting Shiho in the chimney- but instead chose to make a special exception for her by waiting out for her on the snowy rooftop because killing her there would be, paraphrasing, more beautiful. She even gets into the act by thanking him, albeit sarcastically, for "waiting for her in the cold"; Shiho seems to purposefully be alluding to the stereotypic scenario of one lover waiting for another in poor climate. Gin also makes a comment about her disguise, the uniform and the glasses, being unsuitable for her, which carries an implication that he thinks there is some other outfit which would be more suitable.

In conclusion, I think there is significant evidence that they had a romantic relationship going on between them because I don't think Gin would, even though part of it is a dream, phrase things like that for the heck of it. The rooftop exchange seems to corroborate with Gin's dream personality. Whatever kind of relationship they had obviously didn't work out, probably because of Gin's messed up personality.

Based on the fact Gin is still obsessing, Shiho was probably the one to dump him.

I think Shinichi in the too.Sherry love him.

conandrill239snip.jpg

Translation by Abs.

LEGEND

--->

仕事上の関係

Work relationship

===>

恋愛関係

Love relationship

--->

相手への気持ち

Gin Shiho arrows

G ----> S

異常な執着

Abnormal attachment

G <===> S

恋愛関係?

Love relationship?

G ----> S

研究者として評価

Valued as a researcher

裏切り者への軽蔑

Scorned as a traitor

G <---- S

憎しみ

Hatred

Gin Vermouth Arrows

G ----> V

アバンチュールの相手

Activity partner

G <===> V

肉体関係

Sexual relations

G <-----> V

同僚・信頼

Colleagues. Trusted.

G <--- V

好意

Good will

Shiho Vermouth arrows

Sherry <---> Vermouth

Love rivals?

Sherry ---> Vermouth

Fear

Vermouth ---> Sherry

Target, rivalry?

*GASP* no shiho, nooooooo, please say you didn't have a love affair with gin, pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeeeeeee *gets on knees to beg*

You mean Gin+Sherry cocktail?

I tasted it,and it tastes normal like any other wine.

Note:I'm actually an adult,don't mind my birth date in my profile.

Also Note:Gin+Sherry is good combination,But Gin and Sherry?You've got to be effin kidding me!

@Gin,I'll slit your throat if you touch my Sherry...