Detective Conan World
Kiel95

What is the connection between Gin and Sherry?

154 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was the relationship between Gin and Sherry?

• Nothing special, they are simply coworkers who knew one another
    • Former lovers (romantic or not)
    • Gin has/had a one sided crush on Sherry
    • Sherry had a one sided crush on Gin
    • Mentor-mentee
    • Former friends
    • Childhood friends
    • Biological father and daughter
    • Step/foster father and step/foster daughter
    • Biological siblings, step-siblings, or foster siblings
    • Other blood relation
    • Engaged or married to one another
    • Sherry is victim of some non-romantic obsession of Gin
    • Personal enemies because of something that happened even before Akemi's murder
    • Bad coworker relations because of a personality clash
    • Something else

In episode 676, Haibara seemed unusually annoyed about the wife and husband dilemma. 

The guy "accidentally" stabbed his wife and Ai was the first to corner him about her blood time and her allergies, saying 'how could you stay silent!? Aren't you husband and wife that pledged loyalty to one another!?' and after he was found to having purposefully stabbing his wife, she said 'if I were her, I wouldn't forgive him. I wouldn't let a murder be the father of my child. I wouldn't forgive him even a millimeter.'

And I thought it could be because of her past, maybe something relating Gin.

What do you guys think?

In episode 676, Haibara seemed unusually annoyed about the wife and husband dilemma. 

The guy "accidentally" stabbed his wife and Ai was the first to corner him about her blood time and her allergies, saying 'how could you stay silent!? Aren't you husband and wife that pledged loyalty to one another!?' and after he was found to having purposefully stabbing his wife, she said 'if I were her, I wouldn't forgive him. I wouldn't let a murder be the father of my child. I wouldn't forgive him even a millimeter.'

And I thought it could be because of her past, maybe something relating Gin.

What do you guys think?

It's interesting. It means Haibara's character development has changed tremendously. Whatever relationship she had in the past, Haibara's moral justice somehow has deeply affected because of Conan.

Once Akai, who knows Haibara, has referred to "Gin" as "Koibito San"... which means "Mr Boyfriend".

Whose boyfriend? Haibara's of course !

Once Akai, who knows Haibara, has referred to "Gin" as "Koibito San"... which means "Mr Boyfriend".

Whose boyfriend? Haibara's of course !

Really? NOOOOO! 

Goodbye, my vision of Haibara-san as just colleagues with Gin...

*bows and cries in corner*

This topic is so mysterious... In a relationship chart, I remember seeing Haibara's feeling toward Gin marked as 'extreme hatred'. It's as expected, since she's deathly afraid of the organization and believes they're all just evil killers.

But Gin... Is a weirdo. He has not once, but a few times, imagined her naked (eww... >~<). And Some wiki article described that their relationship may be... Don't wanna say it, but given the clues, it just might be. DX

I voted for one-sided, as in Gin probably didn't consider Sherry's feelings and just went on to believe whatever he wanted. It's the most possible choice, since Sherry can't resist, and for why Haibara would fall for someone like Gin is just... Not gonna say impossible, but pretty darn close to it. (And it's what I want to believe! >~<)

"But Gin... Is a weirdo. He has not once, but a few times, imagined her naked (eww... >~<)"

You're correct. Indeed Gin is somehow cold or even worse... a sick criminal. However the ironic way that Akai has referred to Gin as "Mr Boyfriend" may have some purpose. Nothing happens "for free" in DC plots. I hope that you're correct.... it would be shocking that somebody as intelligent and with so much common sense as Haibara could fall in love with Gin.

Yup, Gosho Aoyama wouldn't have had Akai say that just randomly, but... What could it be? Please don't be any more Japanese puns! x.x

Yup, Gosho Aoyama wouldn't have had Akai say that just randomly, but... What could it be? Please don't be any more Japanese puns! x.x

Professor Agasa is suitable to tell the "Japanese puns" as comic relief however it's very unlikely that Akai would be kidding. He's one of most serious characters in DC franchise.

So good question Kirsch... what is the meaning of the short but very disturbing phrase from Akai? :ph34r:

This is one of the reasons why I want to see the ending of the series but I don't want the series itself to end. 

Anne%20Baby%20013.gif cute-white-kitten-head-emoticon-121.gif

I don't think there is a romantic relationship with Gin and Sherry specially Shiho/Ai/Sherry seems to be a person who is very focus on her work. I remember her sister Akemi saying in episode 129 a flash back where Akemi and Shiho is talking said that "Stop making some drug and instead find yourself a boyfriend" She's not the type of person who have time for love since she was a scientist in a dark organization. 

As for Gin why obsessed in killing Sherry, maybe she was very important to the Organization and lots of her work was probably put trusted in her. Maybe Sherry was one of the boss favorite too and her betrayal was unforgivable. Well for that we have to know who the boss is first. 

Gin hates traitor he was probably obsessed killing her because she got away many times and hunting her maybe fun for him because you she's still alive. Also Ai/Shiho is a main character and being hunted by Gin or other Black organization is just putting an emphasis that she could be probably one of the key on how to destroy the organization. 

Well it's still up to the author how he wants to make the story of each character. 

I don't think there is a romantic relationship with Gin and Sherry specially Shiho/Ai/Sherry seems to be a person who is very focus on her work. I remember her sister Akemi saying in episode 129 a flash back where Akemi and Shiho is talking said that "Stop making some drug and instead find yourself a boyfriend" She's not the type of person who have time for love since she was a scientist in a dark organization. 

As for Gin why obsessed in killing Sherry, maybe she was very important to the Organization and lots of her work was probably put trusted in her. Maybe Sherry was one of the boss favorite too and her betrayal was unforgivable. Well for that we have to know who the boss is first. 

Gin hates traitor he was probably obsessed killing her because she got away many times and hunting her maybe fun for him because you she's still alive. Also Ai/Shiho is a main character and being hunted by Gin or other Black organization is just putting an emphasis that she could be probably one of the key on how to destroy the organization. 

Well it's still up to the author how he wants to make the story of each character. 

But Gosho said in several interviews that there are a relationship between them...also the Conan drill confirmed that Gin has an abnormal attachement to Sherry.

But Gosho said in several interviews that there are a relationship between them...also the Conan drill confirmed that Gin has an abnormal attachement to Sherry.

Hmmm?? well I'm hoping not a romantic one cuz that just doesn't seem right to me considering age gaps. I admire Ai-chan a lot so I don't want her character to be ruined just because of this Gin, Sherry unconfirmed relationship.

Gosho needs to start building the story towards revelation and resolution. The story is not even half way of revealing BO motives, intentions, and goals. It's been years and nothing is close to knowing BO's whereabouts.

Well I don't think it was romantic(I'm thinking she might be forced by him or something like that),but even if it's romantic I don't think that would waste Ai's character,on the contrary,that would add more depth to her character,and reveal more things about Gin.

I haven't gotten that far into Detective Conan. I am on episode 352 at the moment and I am also watching judiciously, skipping episodes every now and then because there are so many episodes and so little time. I do not know much about Gin (or Haibara for that matter) but I will give my 2 ¢ anyway. I do not think they had a romantic relationship. I believe that If Gin loved her or harbored any strong feelings towards her he would not want to kill her... or he would at least be more hesitant? I think it is possible that he is obsessed with her, though that could be by virtue of her being a former BO member. I do not think it is a "crush" either because a crush implies romance and infatuation just at a more rudimentary level. Plus, I don't think Gin and Sherry were "lovey dovey" in that way. I ended up voting "something else" since I do not really know what I think overall lol! I do think that Gin made some sexual advancements though... but I cannot imagine him loving her or sherry loving him though it seems that even thinking about Gin has a traumatic effect on Sherry.