Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Characters That Gets On Your Nerves!

She cries a lot, just because her (supposedly) one-sided childhood friend crush is off to do his job (or so she thinks), and his job happens ti have its dangers. He came back and calls occasionally. If you're asking for more that's called selfish. He has no obligation to call and meet you.

What's selfish about that? She is in love and naturally wants it to be mutual. How is a person in love supposed to behave? Like a passive droid who isn't interested? I really don't understand this part of your post.

What's selfish about that? She is in love and naturally wants it to be mutual. How is a person in love supposed to behave? Like a passive droid who isn't interested? I really don't understand this part of your post.

I'll assume you agree with everything else in this post.

Yes, naturally. But I don't think getting angry is called natural.

Say, you have a crush you don't realize. To you, she's just a your friend since kindergarden. You had a sudden, very important case and you had to go for it now. Immediately. And a that friend keeps nagging you to explain yourself. And if you don't pick up your phone, she gets mad even when you go to meet her (but another case came up) and calls her occasionally. She isn't even your girl.

I'll get angry. Luckily, Shinichi saw her pain as Conan and reprociate her love. If not, he'll get irritated too.

This is obsession. No, not really, but her need of attention is overdose.

But it isn't a crush he doesn't realize, Shinichi knows that he is in love with Ran for a very long time already. She's definitely not just a friend since kindergarden for him, evidenced by e.g. his conversation with Asami in Files 173-175.

But it isn't a crush he doesn't realize, Shinichi knows that he is in love with Ran for a very long time already. She's definitely not just a friend since kindergarden for him, evidenced by e.g. his conversation with Asami in Files 173-175.

Shinichi knows he was in love with Ran, definitely. But Ran didn't. For him she's more than a friend, but Ran didn't know that.

Yeah, okay, but that doesn't have anything to do with the point you made in the post I was referring to, does it?

Sorry for not making it clear. I guess I need to improve on that.

No, I'm just writing in what Ran thinks Shinichi thinks about her.

In Shinichi's head, Ran is definitely more than a childhood friend. She's his love, crush, anything that line.

And I was writing in what Ran thought Shinichi thinks about her, based on what Ran knew. She thought Shinichi thought she was 'just a childhood friend', remember?

IF Shinichi only thought Ran as a friend, and as Ran was tricked to believe -Going on a case-, that's^ what Shinichi would feel. Annoyed and irritated.

Basically, I was writing in Ran's point of view, based on what Ran knew

The person I hate the most is Gin, for obvious reasons. He hurts my two favorites and stands in their way to freedom.

wyMVVfK.jpg

Gin is a demon in human body. Only a demon would separate those two.

The person I hate the most is Gin, for obvious reasons. He hurts my two favorites and stands in their way to freedom.

wyMVVfK.jpg

Gin is a demon in human body. Only a demon would separate those two.

that's funny because Gin is one of my favorite characters

the BO is the only thing that adds excitement to the series nowadays

actually, the whole point of the BO is to add conflict to the show

if everything were rainbows and gumdrops, that wouldn't be very interesting, now would it

• Upvote 1

that's funny because Gin is one of my favorite characters

the BO is the only thing that adds excitement to the series nowadays

actually, the whole point of the BO is to add conflict to the show

if everything were rainbows and gumdrops, that wouldn't be very interesting, now would it

Exactly.

I still hate Gin, the wrecker. List of his victims

- Shinichi (and by extension, Ran and a whole bunch of other people as well)

- Shuuichi and Akemi (and by extension, Sera and Ai) *also he forced Kir to do this*

- Ai

- Vermouth *he placed a gun onto her hand even if she was his boss' favorite, doing that means he is serious about really killing her eventually, without fearing reprecussions.

- Kir

Three of the people on this list are already dead or thought as such, and the fact that he is willing to off the only three people in BO who are on Shinichi's side makes him a psycho. He is the one who ruined Shinichi's life in the first place, and I hope that Conan watches him die while feeling happy. I mean, it's only fair.

I still hate Gin, the wrecker. List of his victims

- Shinichi (and by extension, Ran and a whole bunch of other people as well)

- Shuuichi and Akemi (and by extension, Sera and Ai) *also he forced Kir to do this*

- Ai

- Vermouth *he placed a gun onto her hand even if she was his boss' favorite, doing that means he is serious about really killing her eventually, without fearing reprecussions.

- Kir

Three of the people on this list are already dead or thought as such, and the fact that he is willing to off the only three people in BO who are on Shinichi's side makes him a psycho. He is the one who ruined Shinichi's life in the first place, and I hope that Conan watches him die while feeling happy. I mean, it's only fair.

All what you said is the reason I like him, of course Akai is my favorite but still, Gin is a boss.

i think the characters that get in my nerves are conan and kogoro because they instead of believing in the repentance of the culprits, they read their morals harshly, and that makes me to nearly hate those two.

I understand if Ran is not the favoured character in the series but I feel a lot of people are too harsh on her (so let's see if i can change some or your minds ^-^)

First the CRYING...

mostly people don't like the crying but thats established as her only character flaw by EVERYBODY in the show (espeically Shinichi)

and I feel it's Gosho's way to juxtapose her strong physicality (being very weak emotionally) 

To her credit she does not cry ALL the time, only when emotions rise (ex: the london arc when she breaks down infront of Shinichi)

most of these crying scenes revolve around shinichi because she feels so much towards him and his absence (scared, lonely, anxious, a little resentful, love, excitement) shes a teenage girl in love - emotions are going to be hard to control

for the people who say "She doesn't own Shinichi and he's just doing his job (well she thinks he is at least) why cry over him?" clearly don't realize the actual scenario.

before the BO shinichi still went to school and did his detective work on the side but now all of a sudden he just simply vanished and is not coming to school at all. Sure, Ran "knows" he's out on cases but he's always so vague about his work and does not give much reason for his long hiatus from school. 

So yeah she's going to constantly worry about him.

Second the CANT FIGURE OUT CONAN = SHINICHI

"She's soo dumb, its been 20 years and she still hasnt figured it out"

this flaw is not the characters but Gosho's fault - he purposely has to keep Ran in the dark so he can continue writing 1000 more filler episodes with a cohesive narrative

Ran HAS been suspicious of Conan at least 3 times - and those episodes are my favourite (I find her hilarious when she's mad). She actually out-wits Shinichi and does a spectacular job deducing his actions of diversion (episode 400). But of course Gosho can't let her know since he's not ready for the story to take that turn, so Shinichi wins in the end.

• Upvote 2

Ran I guess. I don't even dislike her as a character herself, only when I think about CoAi not happening because of her then I get a bit annoyed.

Funny, for me it's the exact opposite. I don't mind Ai usually, but when I read excessive CoAi posts/fanfics I really get annoyed at her existence, although that isn't even her fault. I know it's each to their own, but I just can't help it >.>

• Upvote 2

Funny, for me it's the exact opposite. I don't mind Ai usually, but when I read excessive CoAi posts/fanfics I really get annoyed at her existence, although that isn't even her fault. I know it's each to their own, but I just can't help it >.>

amen

well said

basically most of the character have gotten on my nerves cause how long the show is running and you can appeal to the audience for a certain time

i really was not that excited when they showed akai in the anime

and he is my fave  

Overall, the characters that annoy me almost everytime they appear or at least I really don't look forward to that I can think of right away are Genta (his aggressive attitude), Mitsuhiko (he likes to make himself look mature and knowledgable though he's kind of really is).

Sonoko only annoys me when she keeps on showing off her family's wealth (like when she compared that hotel Sera stayed in with her family's tower).

I hate shinichi kudo, kogoro mouri and jugo yokomizo for being serious, unjust and harsh towards everyone repentance and feelings, I really fucking hate them. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry::angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

ps: unless they sometime change their expresion, but that will never happen.

@gas057

I couldn't help but to think you're referring to my post above so...

Well the thing is, she can worry about him, but not telling him to explain himself, get mad, cry, ect. Well, perhaps the cry part is slightly justified, since she's worrying, but that also means she's emotional — something I dislike.

And are you sure she wants to hear the details of his work? I mean, it would take a long time to explain and Shinichi is busy (or so she thought). She's supposed to be considerate character, right?

And some jobs do need a long time to work on. And Shinichi calls back to her sometimes even when he doesn't have to. She have no right to get angry over him not telling her where he's going anyway. He also doesn't have to tell him what he's doing.

As you quoted above, she doesn't own him. She's not his girl.

I hate shinichi kudo, kogoro mouri and jugo yokomizo for being serious, unjust and harsh towards everyone repentance and feelings, I really fucking hate them. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry::angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

ps: unless they sometime change their expresion, but that will never happen.

Whoa, you hate the main character? That must hard on you. Though I also dislike Shinichi to some extent (but Conan is a different story altogether).

Genta, he has bad temper, he thinks that he's a leader

Ayumi, he likes Conan but sometimes she tells him not to do this not to do that

Sonoko, she likes to call Conan stupid brat, she likes to look at another guy even though she has Makoto

Kogoro, he likes to hit Conan, he likes to insist on his idiotic deduction and is even proud of it

Sometimes Ran, she sometimes bother Conan when he's looking for clues

Genta, he has bad temper, he thinks that he's a leader

Ayumi, he likes Conan but sometimes she tells him not to do this not to do that

Sonoko, she likes to call Conan stupid brat, she likes to look at another guy even though she has Makoto

Kogoro, he likes to hit Conan, he likes to insist on his idiotic deduction and is even proud of it

Sometimes Ran, she sometimes bother Conan when he's looking for clues

Misao Yamamura and Genta.

I understand Misao is supposed to be disliked, but sometimes I feel like his presentation is just way too excessively bad. Even though he's supposed to be disliked, he seems over-the-top horrible. He's sort of like if Kogoro wasn't a redeemable person. I actually really like Kogoro; he might be a thick-skulled moron and a washed up detective, but he's not necessarily stupid and he can still be legitimately skillful if he has to be. He's still a generally likable person and has a lot of redeeming qualities. 

Genta isn't necessarily THAT bad, but sometimes I feel like his whole "I'm a fat character, so I eat a lot" trait is way too overdone. I mean, it's fine if it's a trait that he has, I guess it's sort of a running joke, but a lot of times, he's so tied to that ONE trait of his personality, he hasn't really been much more than that and even comes across as insensitive when he can only think about eating during a murder case. I don't dislike the Detective Boys at all; I feel like Mitsuhiko is probably the most developed of the three and I like him; I like to think that he's kind of like how Shinichi might be if he was legitimately that young. He is, however, a little more cynical and authoritative; not really as cocky as Shinichi, but more assertive. Ayumi is fairly innocent, cares about those around her, and still has more depth than Genta, at least. The episode where she really wants to call Haibara by her first name was really sweet, and I like the fact that, although she's a fairly timid and fragile little girl, she's more optimistic and can assert bravery when she needs to. I guess I'd just like to see a bit more development with Genta; I enjoyed the episode where we got to see Genta interact with his dad, but I wish that we'd get to see more little tidbits like that instead of the same things with him over and over again.