Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Characters That Gets On Your Nerves!

Also he leaves them behind...why wouldn't he they are not smart like him or equipped.  They will only be in danger

This is anime/manga, everything is possible: he could teach them something, make Mitsuhiko his detective heir  :) But seriously, he could at least pretend he cares about their feelings and doesn't want to provoke envy. At least, to give some random explanations. 

That other case you mentioned is one of my favorites too, even though it's a filler. The thief who said the name "Detective Boys" made him so afraid!  :lol:

This is anime/manga, everything is possible: he could teach them something, make Mitsuhiko his detective heir  :) But seriously, he could at least pretend he cares about their feelings and doesn't want to provoke envy. At least, to give some random explanations. 

That other case you mentioned is one of my favorites too, even though it's a filler. The thief who said the name "Detective Boys" made him so afraid!  :lol:

i dont think conan provokes anyone with his intelligence

he is like that

he has to act quick, not concearning with them

that's why he has assistant Ai, she takes care of it

I don't remember if I already posted that, but the character that annoys me the most is Kaito Kid: he never goest to jail in DC, never loses to anybody, and more often this happens, more full of himself he becomes. Lupin III at least sometimes goes to jail or finds himself in funny situations.

Conan basically accomplishes nothing in Kid cases: he doesn't manage to PREVENT the theft, and that means Kid has won because after that he returns the object anyway. The fact that Conan reveals who he was disguised as also doesn't count because Kid would have probably done it himself too; since the theft is committed, he doesn't care about being unmasked, since he doesn't go to jail.

• Upvote 1

I don't remember if I already posted that, but the character that annoys me the most is Kaito Kid: he never goest to jail in DC, never loses to anybody, and more often this happens, more full of himself he becomes. Lupin III at least sometimes goes to jail or finds himself in funny situations.

Conan basically accomplishes nothing in Kid cases: he doesn't manage to PREVENT the theft, and that means Kid has won because after that he returns the object anyway. The fact that Conan reveals who he was disguised as also doesn't count because Kid would have probably done it himself too; since the theft is committed, he doesn't care about being unmasked, since he doesn't go to jail.

bang on 

also the cases where kid is not the main cast, so to speak, are the best ones

last great case with kid was kid and the 4 masterpieces 

• Upvote 1

I've always seen Kid cases as comic relief. It's a nice break from the dismal atmosphere that comes from the usual DC cases.

Kid cases aren't meant to be realistic either. It's not like this guy is stealing without a purpose or advocating crimes, haha.

To be honest, none of the characters really "get on my nerves," but there are some I have a few problems with.

Ran- I've posted about this before, so I'll just post a link to it here.

Conan/Shinichi- So terribly unrealistic. It's hard to sympathize with this guy--he's basically a walking automaton who solves cases for a living. I especially dislike how Gosho basically glorifies him to the point where he barely has any flaws. I think I've said enough.

Kid cases aren't meant to be realistic either. It's not like this guy is stealing without a purpose or advocating crimes, haha.

Yes, but what I mean is that, even if the thefts are always undone by returning the object, so basically there is no crime, but in the "battle of intellects" Conan always loses. I think it would be better if sometimes he won, sometimes lost. Maybe he could arrest Kid, but then he manages to escape from prison (even though no judge would have given him prison time anyway, since it's just a prank: taking an object for a couple of minutes and then putting it back  :D ).

Yes, but what I mean is that, even if the thefts are always undone by returning the object, so basically there is no crime, but in the "battle of intellects" Conan always loses. I think it would be better if sometimes he won, sometimes lost. 

Not necessarily. Conan does "win" sometimes. Even if it's not directly shown, Kid knows when Conan has him in a corner. Most of the time, he only escapes because Conan allows him to. Plus, it's nice seeing Conan lose once in a while since he always "wins" during every DC case.

Maybe he could arrest Kid, but then he manages to escape from prison (even though no judge would have given him prison time anyway, since it's just a prank: taking an object for a couple of minutes and then putting it back  :D ).

Kid cases are getting a bit repetitive these days, so I wouldn't disagree on this notion. 

I did, however, enjoy the case with Makoto in it so I hope we can have more of those soon, haha.

Characters themselves don't really get on my nerves much, compared to the plot pacing. The Detective Boys are occasionally extra annoying, as well as Shiratori.

Sonoko. She is so annoying. Nothing personal, it's just that I don't like her personality, always acting so stupid.

And the detective boys are annoying, too (Genta and Ayumi). But well, I forgive them, their are just children, it wouldn't be fair to expect more of them.

Also, Shiratori was very annoying when he was interfering in Sato and Takagi's relationship...

And there are some moments when a character I like acts stupid... that REALLY gets me on my nerves, because they are normally not stupid and then I start loosing respect for them...

Sonoko. She is so annoying. Nothing personal, it's just that I don't like her personality, always acting so stupid.

I like Sonoko more than Ran on several occasions.

Ran. Ran. Ran. Ran.

Haha, she's just annoying in the movies. I think.

Haha, she's just annoying in the movies. I think.

You must not watch the episodes.

You must not watch the episodes.

I do, but there, she's just generic. In the movies, they wayyyy over-play her helplessness/Mary Sue-ness/Shinichi-ness. Unless she changed since 400..?

I do, but there, she's just generic. In the movies, they wayyyy over-play her helplessness/Mary Sue-ness/Shinichi-ness. Unless she changed since 400..?

Nope, I'd agree with you. They do too much with Ran in the movies. Her falling and in a soft voice "Shinichi" cue Conan on a skateboard "Ran!" LOL

Nope, I'd agree with you. They do too much with Ran in the movies. Her falling and in a soft voice "Shinichi" cue Conan on a skateboard "Ran!" LOL

Haha, that's their cliche xD

Even in the Disappearance of Edogawa Conan, my brother and I were laughing our butts off because she was practically asking to be taken hostage. Eh, sorta. Sorry if you feel like that's a spoiler.

^

Well, I've ranted about Ran wayyy too much--both on DCW and on /r/OneTruthPrevails

I'm too lazy to write another one so I'll link some of the most relevant to this topic:

rant #1

rant #2

Yeah, I also used to hate Sonoko. But that was before I realized she's more human than Ran is. She has more personality to her, whereas Ran lacks so much depth. It's boring.

Haha, that's their cliche xD

Even in the Disappearance of Edogawa Conan, my brother and I were laughing our butts off because she was practically asking to be taken hostage. Eh, sorta. Sorry if

you feel like that's a spoiler.

Lol, true. My expectations for that disappearance special are somewhat Anyway. It's okay since I'm not surprised at all that would happen.

^

Well, I've ranted about Ran wayyy too much--both on DCW and on /r/OneTruthPrevails

I'm too lazy to write another one so I'll link some of the most relevant to this topic:

rant #1

rant #2

Yeah, I also used to hate Sonoko. But that was before I realized she's more human than Ran is. She has more personality to her, whereas Ran lacks so much depth. It's boring.

Nice read. I might just go through the entire Ran's too overrated thread for some enjoyment :P

Their friendship is also something that makes me like Sonoko. Gosh, I used to hate her so much, but those scenes really got me to change my mind.

Lol, true. My expectations for that disappearance special are somewhat Anyway. It's okay since I'm not surprised at all that would happen.

It's actually not that bad, and Ran played a tiny part. But in that tiny part...

Nice read. I might just go through the entire Ran's too overrated thread for some enjoyment :P

Their friendship is also something that makes me like Sonoko. Gosh, I used to hate her so much, but those scenes really got me to change my mind.

It's actually not that bad, and Ran played a tiny part. But in that tiny part...

I didn't think it would be bad, moreso nothing spectactular on a movie level (although the recent movies have bore me.) I'll still watch it though once it's subbed.

I didn't think it would be bad, moreso nothing spectactular on a movie level (although the recent movies have bore me.) I'll still watch it though once it's subbed.

I think the only thing it lacked was a budget. Thanks to that, they had to cut down on the action scenes and cast (though some would be happy to not have to sit through the impossible stunts).

I'm still not too far in (pushing 40 ep's currently) but Mouri Kogoro annoys me at times. I don't like how he acts sometimes like how he's kind of a pervert and how he expects Ran to sorta act like a housewife and do all the cooking and stuff. I don't mind him the rest of the time--I even kinda like him sometimes but whenever he behaves like that my tolerance level for how he acts goes way down.

I'm still not too far in (pushing 40 ep's currently) but Mouri Kogoro annoys me at times. I don't like how he acts sometimes like how he's kind of a pervert and how he expects Ran to sorta act like a housewife and do all the cooking and stuff. I don't mind him the rest of the time--I even kinda like him sometimes but whenever he behaves like that my tolerance level for how he acts goes way down.

He's actually one of my favorite characters, haha.

The show would be so much more boring without him. Kogoro is a comical character that can contrast greatly with the serious atmosphere of the show at points. I actually don't mind his pervertedness or how he treats Ran--it all adds to the humor. However, that doesn't make him entirely useless; he does have some redeeming qualities. Kogoro has morals and a pretty decent sense of what is going on around him, so he's usually there to help whenever a loved one is in danger.

I take it you might be offended by his actions or character?