Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Characters That Gets On Your Nerves!

I dunno why but sometimes the Detective Boys annoy me.

Maybe it's their stubbornness.

Maybe it's their way of doing stuff that usually puts them all in danger.

Maybe it's their....

I just hate them sometimes.

And also, Shinichi, most of all, gets on my nerves. <<(By this I mean the time BEFORE he became Conan)

I mean, I think that shrinking is a blessing to him. Why? Let's see...

>Made him realize that he shouldn't boast much about his cases.

>Made him realize that he shouldn't TAKE FOR GRANTED the people around him.

>Made him be more cautious with his actions.

And also, Shinichi is NOT NARCISSISTIC. Self-centered and boastful is different from being narcissistic.

And also, WHY IS IT THAT HE ALWAYS BOASTS ABOUT THE CASES HE SOLVED?!

ARGGHHH.

I HATE SHINICHI(before he became Conan).

• Upvote 1

Those that I really can't stand are:

1. Ran

2. Ran

3. Ran

4. Ran

5. Ran

6. Ran

7. Ran

8. Ran

9. Ran

10. Ran

-_-

Needless to say, she has nothing to do with this series. The only reason she's involved is because she's Conan's friend/Kogoro & Eri's daughter. In my opinion of course.

And she nags too much.

• Upvote 1

Those that I really can't stand are:

1. Ran

2. Ran

3. Ran

4. Ran

5. Ran

6. Ran

7. Ran

8. Ran

9. Ran

10. Ran

-_-

Needless to say, she has nothing to do with this series. The only reason she's involved is because she's Conan's friend/Kogoro & Eri's daughter. In my opinion of course.

And she nags too much.

I never got it why would she provoke someone's hatred. At least, one could feel indifference towards her, since she isn't a mysterious character, but hatred?  :huh:

I never got it why would she provoke someone's hatred. At least, one could feel indifference towards her, since she isn't a mysterious character, but hatred?  :huh:

As I said, she's totally unrelated, and she nags all the time.

I never got it why would she provoke someone's hatred. At least, one could feel indifference towards her, since she isn't a mysterious character, but hatred? :huh:

Some self-proclaimed Ran-haters don't like her for her personality traits/Gosho's use of her as a character. My experience is that most vocal Ran-haters fundamentally hate her because she is blocking ShihoxShinichi and thus come up with proxy reasons to justify their Ran hate. Usually the first sort of Ran-hater also finds Kazuha sort-of annoying as well because she is effectively Osakan Ran, just enhanced. The second type typically ignore or like Kazuha, and support KazuhaxHattori because that pairing isn't "in the way" of another that they like. Of course, this is just generalizations from experience here.

As I said, she's totally unrelated, and she nags all the time.

Saying she is unrelated is ignorant of the plot. Ran is primary motivator for Conan wanting to return to Shinichi. Also recall Ran is the reason that Vermouth has decided to sort-of-help Shinichi in the first place. Not to mention Ran's testimony was vital in helping Conan figure out Akai was FBI. Ran also saved Haibara more than once, including the beach where Haibara collapsed, and of course Vermouth's showdown. She also helped Haibara sort out her feelings and begin to get over the death of her sister. Ran does things for the plot. She isn't Shiho Miyano, creator of APTX, full of secrets, hunted by the Org, but Ran has her place in the character lineup.

Everyone has their character likes and dislikes. I don't care for Kaitou Kid, but I don't go off on him in every single thread (this thread is built for the purpose of expressing dislike but "Your favourite scenes in DC" not so much). I would like to avoid a flame war, which means we need to keep the discussion intelligent, civil, and confined to the proper venues.

• Upvote 1

Some self-proclaimed Ran-haters don't like her for her personality traits/Gosho's use of her as a character. My experience is that most vocal Ran-haters fundamentally hate her because she is blocking ShihoxShinichi and thus come up with proxy reasons to justify their Ran hate. Usually the first sort of Ran-hater also finds Kazuha sort-of annoying as well because she is effectively Osakan Ran, just enhanced. The second type typically ignore or like Kazuha, and support KazuhaxHattori because that pairing isn't "in the way" of another that they like. Of course, this is just generalizations from experience here.

There is also the third type I am rather familiar with: the ones that hate Ran simply because they think childhood friend pairings stink (usually without giving any explanation or saying people who remain forever with their first loves are immature). I strongly suspect such people would root for Ran instead of Ai if Ai was Shinichi's first love. I usually try to respect other people's opinions (even Ran-haters), but this particular kind of people just depresses me to the point I don't even want to argue with them

There is also the third type I am rather familiar with: the ones that hate Ran simply because they think childhood friend pairings stink (usually without giving any explanation or saying people who remain forever with their first loves are immature). I strongly suspect such people would root for Ran instead of Ai if Ai was Shinichi's first love. I usually try to respect other people's opinions (even Ran-haters), but this particular kind of people just depresses me to the point I don't even want to argue with them

I'm certainly not a Ran-hater, but occasionally I find her bothersome. Other times I really enjoy reading cases with her. It mostly depends on how well the case is executed. One thing that tends to bother me about her is her ghost weakness. It’s pretty silly and used as a writing crutch too often. It sometimes works out in cases like the "Shinichi’s Childhood Adventure", but most of the time I feel it falls flat. Ran is also the victim of bad writing sometimes. Cases like the Tori-man one where Ran freezes up for a silly reason are cringe-worthy and make me wonder what Gosho was thinking.

I have similar feelings about Haibara for different reasons. She’s usually great in normal cases and full of witty dialogue. However, throw her in a Black Org case and she either freaks out about Shinichi doing something dangerous for the seventh time, or she tries to sacrifice herself after all her character progression about getting over her fear of facing down her past and coworkers. It feels like she goes backwards. Luckily, Gosho seems to be toning down her freakout tendencies a little. I look forward to her hopefully playing a more active role in the plot cases in the future.

Ultimately, pretty much all the characters seem to have moments where they shine or fail. It all kind of evens out though. (Except for Kogoro, he is usally likeable in every case ;))

I find the entire detective boys squad annoying...maybe because they just get in the way. But I have to admit that they are useful too,once in a blue moon...

i don't know , if someone hate the whole childhood bestfriend idea , and the shinran relationship why do they even like conan , its like they hate th main plot that the story revolves about 

Actually no, I find that to be not true. For starters, Ran does not think Shinichi is having an "affair", that is Kazuha towards Heiji. Secondly, Ran shows absolutely no interest towards guys other than Shinichi, to the point where it's weird. A girl her age should at least be a little interested in a few other guys. If Ran flirts with anyone, then it's definitely Conan (( Who is actually Shinichi in disguise! sleep.gif Jeez...))

While Shinichi, Kazuha, and Heiji have all been shown to be extremely possessive of their respective "lovers", I have yet to find evidence that supports Ran being anywhere near the level of possessiveness those 3 are at.

In Kazuha's first appearance, she basically jumps to conclusions and essentially starts telling Ran to "back off" because she's known Heiji longer, and they have a "bond of steel" since childhood, if you're gonna date him you have to go thru me, and yada yada yada. Maybe she didn't say it exactly like that, but it was implied well enough nonetheless.

Okay, when do we see Ran do that in regards to Shinichi? Yes, she obviously gets a little annoyed and jealous by Shinichi's harmless flirting, but she's not nearly as vocal about it as Kazuha is and will mostly wave it off (like in the Roller Coaster case),

Vol.1 File 1:

tumblr_lwu8x7w4HR1qfliia.png

or otherwise keep it to herself (in the memories of first love case).

Vol.18 File 173:

tumblr_lwu8djZdXf1qfliia.png

Besides Shinichi said it best, "How could a guy who only has mysteries on his mind 24-7 have an 'affair'?" Even tho he was talking about his dad, him and Shinichi are obviously alike enough in that respect that it can apply so Ran is clearly not too worried. In fact, in the first chapter Ran said she didn't even care he was flirting with other girls, but that he should narrow it down to one. And she wasn't even implying herself, tho Shinichi was sure thinking about it.

Vol. 1 File 1:

tumblr_lwt3pjGPXG1qfliia.png

There will be no modern day polygamy for this high-school detective. Ran-sama forbids it! >:[

And if you're going to use the Pro Soccer Player Blackmail Case as evidence to point out Ran's possessiveness of Shinichi, while I do admit she exhibited a bit of possessive behavior here, I'd like to note that her main concern was NOT that Shinichi was with another girl, but that Shinichi had LIED to her, saying he was involved in a dangerous case while she was sitting at home crying her head off worried about him, when he was really just shacking up with some girl she'd never even met.

Vol.7 File 68:

tumblr_lwt4lvgvNv1qfliia.png

Vol.7 File 70:

tumblr_lwt5lyGoFl1qfliia.png

She thought she was getting all worked up for nothing and wanted to find Shinichi to get the truth about it. And to make matters worse, he kept running from her the entire case! Granted he had to or she would've discovered he was Conan. But from Ran's POV that just made him look even more guilty in her eyes, and he wasn't giving her any explanation which was frustrating to her. Ran sees Shinichi as a best friend first and foremost.

Yes, Ran really likes Shinichi, but she will generally deny her feelings whenever someone asks because she doesn't know he feels about her. They have a very close relationship and tell each other practically everything. So, for him to not tell her something important like that and start running would obviously hurt her feelings.

Ran is willing to step back, let her feelings go, even become friends with said person if Shinichi truly likes them, and was not quite forbidding another person to date Shinichi; as Kazuha, Heiji, and Shinichi (Whom he actually did that with Eisuke to Ran later on. Even going so far as to reveal his true identity to him just so he could stop him. But Eisuke's a good sport so he took it rather well.)

Vol.60 File 621:

tumblr_lwua9ge53P1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwua8tegMn1qfliia.png

ALL would have in that situation.

Shinichi however, gets upset by seemingly innocent actions. Like Araide-sensei complimenting her cooking (OVA 9), or when she accidentally grabbed his arm instead of Kogoro's,

Vol.24 File 234:

tumblr_lwued4EIOK1qfliia.png

or where he stopped a little kid who would have Ran hold him in a certain way that would allow him to see more of her cleavage, when he only wanted to make sure he was remembering where his long lost mother's mole was correctly.

Vol.39 File 401:

tumblr_lwuck21EjQ1qfliia.png

While it is reasonable and even expected for Ran to be jealous in her cases, it is completely incorrect for Shinichi to be in his. Therefore, the ShinRan relationship is not quite as equal as people think it is.

This is mirrored very much so with Kazuha and Heiji's relationship, because Heizuha is just an inverted version of ShinRan; where Heiji is Ran, and Kazuha is Shinichi. Only differences I think are is that Heiji probably has an even greater level of possessiveness for Kazuha (to the point of literally pulling her off another man) than she has for him, unlike Ran to Shinichi, but he doesn't even seem to understand what it means yet! >_<

Why I dislike Kazuha is whole nother not-completely-unrelated-to-this-one rant, but it is basically what Aeyra said and a little more. dry.gif However, if you really wish for me to go into detail then I am more than willing to gather the evidence about it.

you said it i totally agree ! 

you guys are SO MEAN to genta !!  :(  he's made that way cause he is a kid and he is hilarious oh come on !

Genta is my favorite character, he makes me laugh too much and is physically similar to my cat.

Annoying characters :-

1. RAN (She deserves this honor. Years have passed and she still wants Shinichi. Get over it Ran, Shinichi has left you)

2. Conan (He deserves second place. Years have passed and he still wants Ran. Get over it Shin, you're 7 and shes 17. Go pick on someone your own age)

3. Anokata (Does your organisation use Internet Explorer? Hurry up man, its been 700 episodes and you've no significant impact on the world)
4. Shinichi's parents (Your son went 10yrs younger and you care about your world tour? Pretty sure Shinichi is adopted)

• Upvote 1

1. RAN (She deserves this honor. Years have passed and she still wants Shinichi. Get over it Ran, Shinichi has left you)

2. Conan (He deserves second place. Years have passed and he still wants Ran. Get over it Shin, you're 7 and shes 17. Go pick on someone your own age)

3. Anokata (Does your organisation use Internet Explorer? Hurry up man, its been 700 episodes and you've no significant impact on the world)

4. Shinichi's parents (Your son went 10yrs younger and you care about your world tour? Pretty sure Shinichi is adopted)

LOL this post is really accurate. Especially Ran for me.

Faithfulness is more than worthy of being praised. Of course "modern" people wouldn't understand that.

• Upvote 1

1. Hold on, they are technically 16-17 years old. Years have not passed in conan cause its a flouting time line, why should they get over one another. they are not even legal year of age. What is love to them at that age  when they are still kids

2. Same thing applies here as 1, hes not going to stay a kid

3. it is a drag, especial since the later chapters are mostly boring

4. At least they give him money

+1 To the Goblin

• Upvote 2

+1 for you Balthazar xDDDDDDD

I was ready to get over people when I was their age xD

that all depends on how much you cared/loved them, i too gave upon someone/s 

but pretty sure ran would rather choose death then to forget/move on from  shinichi

she basically risks her life for strangers 

Genta. The way he is always giving Conan a hard time annoys me. Just seems like he is envious because Conan is smarter and more popular (especially with Ayumi).

Sometimes Sonoko puts me off, but it happens irregularly. I think it's mostly when she is overly mean with the kids and Conan in particular. Also disliked Eisuke for quite some time, but when I rewatched his episodes recently, I realized he not as bad as I remembered him to be. Although his exit from the series still irks me.

Genta. The way he is always giving Conan a hard time annoys me. Just seems like he is envious because Conan is smarter and more popular (especially with Ayumi).

But Genta is right to be envious. Conan treats him, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko haughtily, not like a real friend, always leaves them behind during the investigations and never, ever tries to invent a reason to justify this to them or to pretend he cares about what they feel. It's natural they show resentment.

But Genta is right to be envious. Conan treats him, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko haughtily, not like a real friend, always leaves them behind during the investigations and never, ever tries to invent a reason to justify this to them or to pretend he cares about what they feel. It's natural they show resentment.

you forgot to say that hes 6-7 years old, what else is going to feel

but he could smart up a bit

• Upvote 1

you forgot to say that hes 6-7 years old, what else is going to feel

but he could smart up a bit

Yes, that's right. By the way, I didn't get the impression it's Genta who tries to overcome Conan, I think it's Mitsuhiko more often. I remember there was one case (involving a body hidden in a sofa which was being thrown away) he even got the detective conclusions right.

Yes, that's right. By the way, I didn't get the impression it's Genta who tries to overcome Conan, I think it's Mitsuhiko more often. I remember there was one case (involving a body hidden in a sofa which was being thrown away) he even got the detective conclusions right.

yeah 

but that was a filler,  they had a case (which i really love) something high seals. There the kids solve it so simply while conan is over thinking things.

Mitsu is raised differently then genta, so to say. One acts more mature cause of his parents being teacher while the other one is a free spirit. I do have to say that i find there early adventures more awesome then the latter ones where they are a drag. 

Also he leaves them behind...why wouldn't he they are not smart like him or equipped.  They will only be in danger