Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 850-852: Sakura Shrine Murder Case (NO SPOILER)

Vote for the people's identities!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is "mysterious woman" this time?

• New character (BO)
    • New character (Not BO)
    • Vermouth
    • Yukiko (AGAIN!!!)
    • Bourbon (What the...!?)
    • Kaitou Kid
    • Chianti
    • Elena Miyano
    • Fusae
    • Sera
    • Sera's mom (if exists and is not one of the people above)
    • Just an unimportant case-related character
    • Anokata
    • Other
  2. 2. Who is the culprit?

• Sakamaki Shigemori (66)
    • Benzaki Touhei (35)
    • Danno Yoriko (29)
    • "Mysterious woman"
    • Suicide

THIS THREAD will be used to discuss the ENGLISH ONLY VERSIONIn other words, if you only read early spoilers or the Chinese scanlation and wish to discuss them, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE ENGLISH ONLY NO SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. DO NOT POST any kind of spoiler involving the case (Pictures, Texts, Information, Full Scans...) of any language. Even posting spoilers in spoiler boxes is not allowed.

2. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event that has not yet happened in the English releases in this thread. 

Q&A:

1. Why is this whole thing necessary ?
A: Click http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/3597-split-into-spoiler-and-non-spoiler-deduction-threads/'>here.

2. Can I join the discussion in the other thread as well ?
A: Of course you can. HOWEVER, as mentioned in the rules above, you MUST NOT reveal, give hints or talk about ANYTHING that spoils in this thread if you do.

Both 850 and 851 are now out in English! And no, the case with Yumi hasn't been released yet. They did this case first because it seems to be more important plot-wise.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to come up with any useful theory when you read those smart people deduction.

Conan say the reason the culprit say something odd to the "kids" and involve his 30 cm rod.

- Sakamaki Shigemori the old man say the kids should not tie up their fortune if theire are good one.

- Benzaki Touhei the already-looking-suspicious man refuse drinking water (well, gurgle). from Genta. Involving disguise? If this guy is amuro, he should not be the murdurer

- Danno Yoriko the woman have Genta ringing the bell (with rope) aggressively.

Before Conan's Eureka moment. Ayumi and Ai talk about Sakura petals that lies together making a carpet. This involve connecting many smalls object the make one larger object. Remember Eisuke karaoke murder case where the murderer put load of coins into a sock and make it a blunt weapon. If this so called method is reuse to make the weapon.  The woman may have Genta ringing the bell full force to avoid give away that the rope is rock hard, cannot be bent since its the weapon. Wild-mass-guess say black 5 yen coin line up to make a symbolic weapon since motive come from the pickpocket er activity.

The mysterious woman in the end? Her inner monologue are hard to interpret in a good way, that usually mean it indeed good-_-.

Vermouth= quite straightforward make it too suspicious. Ai also don't react.

Yukiko= What does Yukiko team hide from Conan this time. Yukiko at last pregnent with Okiya? Yukiko also appear as mysterious woman two time in a row. Third is of cause unexpected and shocking

Sera mum= large belly instead of breast?

What does she mean by "US" anyway. First reaction mean the woman and her team Vermouth and BO. But can US refer to the woman and Conan-their unknown connection. Sera mum who though  to know Ran?

Edit: finish posting and the earliest of spoiler come out. Of cause I can't say the result here.

Jodie was extremely out of character stupid in this case. While she was never Conan or Akai level, Gosho basically made her into an idiot to force the plot forward in an extremely awkward way. Jodie was never this bad in the Vermouth or Kir arc. I'm not impressed with the plot right now. Just had to get that off my chest.

I can tolerate slow plot and plot without much action as long it is plausible and the logic works, but this is character sacrifice for badly done plot progression. Jodie is a half decent law enforcement type character who even Vermouth respected for being persistent and smart enough to piece together her whacked up aging. It sucks to see her degraded to Yamamura level.

I feel Jodie's character regressed as soon as Scar Akai started to show up...well maybe as soon as Akai incident occurred. I have hopes that the plot will play out a little better, but i do agree.