Detective Conan World
Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief

DCW IRL Round 7: Weasel and Bunny

As Kuro-chan peeled off the piece of paper, Kai watched curiously.

What could it possibly say? I just hope it's not from that dreadfully creepy bunny person again...

Kuro-chan finally unfolded it and read it aloud.

"Wanna know more about the truth? Meet me in the HQ 2nd story AV room. Bring the prey along....Laurence."

"Well," Kuro-chan said after reading it, looking at the girl with the bulletproof vest and the two other guys. "Know anyone called Laurence?"

'I know I don't,' thought Kai. 'But I do want to know 'the truth'...'She looked at Automn, and they both shared a confused-but-excited-at-the-same-time look.

"Laurence..." She muttered, trying to get the feel of the name. She shrugged. "Doesn't ring a bell."

Then she looked at the others and wondered if they were familiar with the name.

"Wanna know more about the truth? Meet me in the HQ 2nd story AV room. Bring the prey along....Laurence."

"Well," Sakila said after reading it, looking toward the others. "Know anyone called Laurence?"

Laurence. Never heard the name.

"Laurence..." one of them muttered before giving a shrug. "Doesn't ring a bell."

"Well we might as well go up to the second story AV room to find out who he is," Misaki said as she began to head towards the building. 

"Good idea!" one of them exclaimed while the others followed behind.

The minute they entered a bullet flew by, burying itself into the wall. Immediately, she whipped out her Glock and fired two shots before anyone could do the same. She could hear the thud of a body before they moved forward. This happened several times, but each time it ended with someone (not them, of course) dead on the ground. After a half hour, they managed to make it up to the room where Laurence was supposed to be. Sakila knocked on the door three times before a voice announced, "Come in."

And so they did.

Aleksander looked the band outside. 

"Damm! I can't kill them all. Some of them will take cover."

Aleksander made his way to stairway without anyone outside noticing.

"That paper plane was like to made in order to help me."

He was now in the 2nd floor and he heard voices behind one door.

"They will come here. And you'll win again."

"But there isssss one hunter in thissssss room soooon"

Aleksander heard someone coming.

"They are coming."

Aleksander silently moved behind corner.

After he had heard door slam he quickly looked behind the corner and saw no one.

He moved to the door and started to listen.

(Hey people you have approx one week left. Please wrap up soon~)

"I have been expecting you. Please sit." A lady on a gigantic screen spoke.

"Now I'm sure all of you wants some answers... As to why you're here..?"

She smiled and continued, "Well, the truth is, I need your help... If you guys will help me, I will return you to where you've come from... And you're Misaki right? I'm not sure why you agreed to be here, but I'm assuming you're helping them for your own reasons."

Misaki made no response.

"Well I decided that she's going to be helpful so..." A guy with a ponytail came into the room. "Hi all, I'm Laurence, the one awesome paper shooter." Without wasting time, he sat down as well.

"Anyway, I have started up the transcending machine already and it will take a while to warm up. It will take approximately an hour to warm up. Now to the important part. To be able to return to the world correctly, and not be stuck in between the worlds or travel to the wrong one, we will require a marker. I have done calculations on you people and found that one of you posses the requirements to be a marker."

"And that is you my darling~" the lady turned to look towards Kai, who had the earrings hanging from her ears still. "Kai... Is it? The earrings look good on you"

The girl nodded. "So the sponsor who gave me this is..."

"Yes it's me. This earring is a synchronization device. When it reaches peak synchro, it will heat up and glow hot red. It means that you are ready for the transfer."

"Ah..."

"The reason I had to call you only now, is because I needed to settle all the preparations in the dark without letting anyone else finding out. The transcender machine has been started up and will take about an hour to warm up. That is the time you guys have to reach the room. I will ask Bunny to send you the map. I will explain to you what you wish to know on the way there as we do not have much time. Romeo should have realized what I'm up to by now so we need to hurry. If you have any questions, just ask Bunny to link you to me. if you havent decided to help me, just decide while you head there. you will pass by the route if you were heading for the airship anyway. Laurence. Lead them there."

"Understood. Now let's go!" The guy sprang the door open and bounced out.

-------------------

"Something I need to report."

"What is it Weasel?"

"The transcender was initiated."

"Hmmm... So Juliet really took action..."

"What do we do now sir?"

"Notify the hunters in the vicinity. Tell them to get rid of any intruders."

"Right... There are three hunters in the area. I will contact them."

"Paging for Alexandra, Misaki and Raullen. There are intruders in the HQ. Orders are to kill all intruders. A death order will be issued for the hunters who disobey the orders."

[to each individual]

"Alex... An order. Kill all the intruders in the HQ. kill all who tries to reach the top. that is all."

"Misaki. This is the Weasel. An order. Kill all the intruders in the HQ. kill all who tries to reach the top. that is all."

"Raullen. An order. There are intruders in the HQ. kill anyone who tries to reach the top. That is all."

----------

[after the announcement]

"Raullen????"

"A fake name. Sounds similar to my real name doesn't it??? In fact I think it's more unique."

"..."

"Well there's this one other hunter here that I don't really know, and he seems to be spying on you Misaki, so I'm not sure if he's a friend or foe so I left him alone..... Oh And are you sure this is alright? If you disregard the order, you'll become prey and get hunted by other hunters yourself..."

Again, silence for a reply. Laurence shrugged to her reaction and kept running. "We're going up here!" He announced and took a sharp right.

"I have been expecting you. Please sit."

The woman on the screen smiled as she motioned to the seats in front of them. "Now I'm sure all of you wants some answers... As to why you're here..?"

She continued, "Well, the truth is, I need your help... If you guys will help me, I will return you to where you've come from... And you're Misaki right? I'm not sure why you agreed to be here, but I'm assuming you're helping them for your own reasons."

Misaki didn't respond. 

"Well I decided that she's going to be helpful so..." A guy with a ponytail came into the room. "Hi all, I'm Laurence, the one awesome paper shooter." Without wasting time, he sat down as well.

"Anyway, I have started up the transcending machine already and it will take a while to warm up. It will take approximately an hour to warm up. Now to the important part. To be able to return to the world correctly, and not be stuck in between the worlds or travel to the wrong one, we will require a marker. I have done calculations on you people and found that one of you posses the requirements to be a marker."

"And that is you my darling~" the lady turned to look towards one of them, who had the earrings hanging from her ears. "Kai... Is it? The earrings look good on you"

The girl nodded. "So the sponsor who gave me this is..."

"Yes, it's me. This earring is a synchronization device. When it reaches peak synchro, it will heat up and glow hot red. It means that you are ready for the transfer."

"Ah..."

"The reason I had to call you only now, is because I needed to settle all the preparations in the dark without letting anyone else finding out. The transcender machine has been started up and will take about an hour to warm up. That is the time you guys have to reach the room. I will ask Bunny to send you the map. I will explain to you what you wish to know on the way there as we do not have much time. Romeo should have realized what I'm up to by now so we need to hurry. If you have any questions, just ask Bunny to link you to me. if you haven't decided to help me, just decide while you head there. You will pass by the route if you were heading for the airship anyway. Laurence. Lead them there."

"Understood. Now let's go!" The guy sprang the door open and bounced out as the group followed. 

They had only been walking for a few minutes when the cracking of a microphone could be heard in the halls. "Paging for Alexandra, Misaki and Raullen. There are intruders in the HQ. Orders are to kill all intruders. A death order will be issued for the hunters who disobey the orders."

Only seconds after the messaged finished, her watch began to talk. "Misaki. This is the Weasel. An order. Kill all the intruders in the HQ. Kill all who tries to reach the top. That is all."

I rather do dislike orders. Though this has a death order... I will do as I see fit.

"Raullen????"

"A fake name. Sounds similar to my real name doesn't it??? In fact I think it's more unique."

"..."

"Well there's this one other hunter here that I don't really know, and he seems to be spying on you Misaki, so I'm not sure if he's a friend or foe so I left him alone..... Oh And are you sure this is alright? If you disregard the order, you'll become prey and get hunted by other hunters yourself..."

Misaki didn't reply again. Laurence shrugged to her reaction and kept running. "We're going up here!" He announced and took a sharp right. 

Since she was in the back of the pack, it made it easy for her to grab Sakila by the wrist and pull her close.

"We need to talk." 

Kai couldn't believe it. She was the marker! She would've never guessed. Excitement prickled in her spine as she walked out of the room with the others.

To the airship! I wonder what kind of map the Bunny will send us...

A few minutes later, there was an announcement. "Paging for Alexandra, Misaki and Raullen. There are intruders in the HQ. Orders are to kill all intruders. A death order will be issued for the hunters who disobey the orders."

Then, Kai heard someone else say something out of the hunter girl's watch. She wasn't too close, but she could make out a couple words. "Misaki. This...Weasel....order..Kill...intruders...the HQ...tries...the top...all."

'Kill', 'intruders', and 'HQ'...I wonder...

"We're going up here!" Laurence shouted before turning a right. Everyone else followed behind.

Kai looked around for Kuro-chan, but soon saw Misaki take her wrist and pull her to the back. They were whispering something, so Kai decided not to intrude this time.

As they ran on, they realized the lights got brighter. "How creepy," Kai muttered. She glanced at Laurence, their leader. He seemed so nonchalant. Kai, however, was starting to run out of breath. 'Dammit', she thought, 'I should've joined cross-country when I could've...' She silently laughed at herself and willed herself on.

*BEEP BEEP*

The watches flashed red, and a picture popped up on their screens. 

"It's the map!"

(Things are getting interesting! But unfortunately, you guys have less than one week left. Please kindly aim for an ending from now. If there is no ending by next Friday, I will introduce an ending myself, which may possibly involve killing off all members in the RP. I will be actively monitoring the thread from now, so that I can push the RP to an ending soon.

It is regretful that we do not have much time left, but I had fun thanks to all of you. Hope all of you did too. If possible, i wish we can work together again possibly in the next round!)

Aleksander was running upstairs. He wanted to find good place to kill them all. Even Misaki if he had to.

"It's too bright at here. Where is the master switch?!"

He send question to Weasel about closing all the lights.

Then he took good position to shoot as he felt puke coming up.

"I only got 3 more hours left."

"We need to talk."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Kai glance at them for a second. She sent Kai a look before the girl ran off.

Slipping her wrist away from Misaki's hold, Sakila asked, "What about?"

"Do you remember our conversation from when we first made an agreement."

Sakila thought back to it and nodded. "Yes. And?"

"I do as I see fit. And I think it's fitting that our agreement be terminated seeing as how you've fulfilled your usefulness."

"Fine. Then terminate it." Sakila tried to slip out of the other girl's way when she felt a sudden overwhelming pain in her arm. She instinctively raised her hand to find a knife sticking out of her limb. Gritting her teeth, she held her breath as Misaki pulled it out and grabbed her wounded arm.

"I don't think you understand. Terminating our contract means that we revert back to our original roles. I'm a hunter and you're the prey. I kill. You die."

"Heh." Sakila sank to the floor. Her arm was killing her. She'd always had a low tolerance for pain. "Not a shred of humanity in you, I see."

"I wonder," she said as she plunged the knife down into her heart. Sakila let a out a soft, pathetic cry. Misaki got up and walked away, saying, "I'd say it was nice working with you, but it really wasn't. I usually don't get shot at that much."

She was alone. Alone with nothing but her thoughts. Her chest kept pouring out blood in amounts unbelievable to her. Was she going to die? After coming so far, was she going to die right before getting home?

I loved Mom's roses, she thought. She lost consciousness for a second before waking up again. Her thoughts were jumbled and she could only make out the faint silhouette of her surroundings.

I can't die here. I don't wanna die here. I still have to get home. I have homework to do. Ms Ayers is going to kill me if I don't turn in that essay. And I still have to earn enough money from my fortune-telling. Her eyes burned and she could feel the hot tears dripping down her cheeks.

I still need to earn more money. Mom's birthday is in two weeks. I miss her. I miss her. I miss home. I miss it all. I wanna go back. I wanna go back there. I wanna go back to Mom. I want to hug her. I want to tell her I love her. I don't want my last words to her be about not being able to come home for dinner.

The light finally started fading away and her chest and arm were numb. She couldn't move much anymore. I wanna go home.

I wanna go home.

Everything faded away.

"This way!" Around another corner.

Kai panted for air. She started to slow down her run. She knew she couldn't keep it up for long; She was never too great at long-period runs. The rest of the crew, however, seemed fine. Suddenly, a sharp pain in her stomach. She had a cramp. Slowing down to a walk, she stopped to breathe. 'I'll find them soon enough,' She thought.

Watching them run past her, she realized she still hadn't seen Misaki and Kuro-chan. She looked back, and thought she saw a shadow from the corner they'd just turned from. Creeping up, she saw Misaki. She looked...different, for some reason. The friendliness in her eyes just minutes ago seemed to vanish.

"Who's there?" Misaki whipped her head around. Her voice had been so cold. 

Kai quickly ducked her head back, heart beating. A long second of silence passed. Kai swore her breathing would've alerted her and she would come any second, but Misaki didn't seem to have noticed her.

Soon, she heard Misaki's footsteps going away. Kai stayed behind the corner that for a whole minute, and once she made sure Misaki had gone, she poked her head around again. Checking that no one was there, she crept forwards.

I wonder what she was doing here? And....where's Kuro-chan?

Suddenly, Kai stopped dead in her tracks.

"Kuro-chan!?"

Kai gasped and ran towards her friend, who was lying on the ground. A pool of blood had formed around her. "Kuro-chan?!!"

Her chest was stabbed, and she was bleeding from another cut from her hand. Her black clothes gleamed with the amount of blood. Taking her sweater off, she ripped a piece of her T-Shirt sleeve and wrapped it around her hand. She ripped a bigger piece, and pressed it against her chest. The blood seemed to slow down a little. "Wha..Wha...Who did this?" She felt her hand. It was cold, but there was a tiny flicker of warmth left.

"Kuro-chan? Kuro-chan?" She called desperately for her friend. Tears welled up and she didn't try to blink them away. "Kuro-chan!! Sakila...!!!"

Once the others had turned the corner, Sakila slipped her wrist away from her hold and asked, "What about?"

"Do you remember our conversation from when we first made an agreement?"

The girl paused before nodding, "Yes. And?"

Misaki continued, "I do as I see fit. And I think it's fitting that our agreement be terminated seeing as how you've fulfilled your usefulness."

"Fine. Then terminate it." She said as she tried to move around her. Quickly, she grabbed a knife from her belt and stabbed it into the girl's arm. She winced in pain before instinctively raising her hand, finding the knife in her arm. As she ripped the blade out of her limb, the other girl gritted her teeth in pain. 

"I don't think you understand," she explained. "Terminating our contract means that we revert back to our original roles. I'm a hunter and you're the prey. I kill. You die."

"Heh," Sakila laughed as she sank to the floor. "Not a shred of humanity in you, I see."

"I wonder," she said as she plunged the knife down into her heart.

Misaki wasn't a cruel person. She had always made sure her prey ended quickly. But for the girl, she believed that she shouldn't come to an end right away. No, she should be able to live for a minute or two and be able to have some last thoughts. She deserved that. Sakila let a out a soft, pathetic cry. As she walked away, she said, "I'd say it was nice working with you, but it really wasn't. I usually don't get shot at that much."

Leaving the knife where she put it, she made her way back to the rest of the group when she heard footsteps coming towards her. "Who's there?" Misaki asked, looking around the area. She could still hear the breathing of the person around, but chances was that it was no one important. Likely one of the girls Sakila was with. 

So she made her way back towards the group, moving as quickly and quietly as she could. It only took her a few minutes to make it back unnoticed. A quick look at the group and she knew that her guess on the person who she noticed back at the kill scene was from the group. The Marker (who's name she didn't know nor cared to learn) was missing. 

The group stopped on their tracks when Laurence asked, "Say, where is Kai and Sakila? They're not here."

Everyone looked around, though no one responded. In the distance, they could hear the Marker yell out, "Kuro-chan!? .... "Kuro-chan?!!""

The others' worried faces were apparent as they began to run to where the girl's voice was coming from. Misaki followed behind, walking casually. There was no need to hurry to a dead body after all. It would still bet there no matter the pace they went. The loud cries came closer as they kept running, though they also got farther as they kept running (a sign that the others had no clue where to go). "Kuro-chan? Kuro-chan? Kuro-chan!! Sakila...!!!" 

Eventually, they managed to get to the girl, bending over the limp form of the other, both covered in blood. And as the others stared, the cries and wails of the Marker echoed throughout until they could be heard no more.

IthurtsIthurtsIthurtsIthurts, she repeated in her head. And there was someone screaming. Stop screaming she ordered. They didn't listen. Could they not hear her? Could they not see that she was in pain? Come to think of it, she couldn't see.

Her eyes opened slightly and her hearing became less muffled.

"Sakila..!!"

Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to scream next to the ear of a wounded person? Do they not understand what a headache is?

She turned her eyeballs a fraction of an inch. Shoulda known.

"Megane," she whispered with a smile, "shut up."

(:o Kamisama ga katarareta! - God has spoken.  XD

Oh don't worry~ I already have in mind how I want to end this if ever it didn't end before the time limit. :V And it won't be pretty. \o/ Hail to all the sadists in the world XDDDDDDD

Anyway, people, not one week. I'm giving until Friday only. If you are in a different time zone, good for you. But I would be appearing *like a ninja* any time on MY Saturday to finish things off. So be sure to end it before then :P Good Luck~! :P)

=================

"This is bad." Laurence stared down at the girl lying in the pool of blood. "She's not gonna live much longer with that injury, especially in this situation. I suggest we relief her of her misery and move on. We don't have much time."

The marker girl hugged the girl tighter and yelled out, refusing to budge.

"My my..." Laurence scratched his head. "What shall we do with this...?"

He pressed a button on his watch. "My lady. An issue. Seems like one of the marker's friend got attacked and our marker is refusing to budge."

"... I see. Any way to heal the friend?"

"Unfortunately, with the time we have... Even if we do, there is still a chance she may not survive, with the game still ongoing..." Laurence reported without a hint of pity.

"Well, if she doesn't want to move, we won't force her. But if we miss this chance, we will never have it again. Let them make the choice."

"...Right." Laurence sighed, turning to the rest. "There you have it. So what now? You want to give up the chance of returning to your world to save her? You all won't necessarily live after that you know? And one thing you have to know before you decide... Even if I am on your side, I AM a hunter and are under orders to kill you or face the wrath of the hunter society. I am, currently risking both my honor and my life for the success of this mission. I will therefore choose to kill her. BUT by orders of our kind-hearted master, I am giving you a choice. Now choose."

========================

(So now you'll have to choose. Do you guys want to leave her there to die and move on? Or do you want to try and save her BUT miss the chance of going back? :V The next poster will decide.

BTW if no one decides by tomorrow, I will kindheartedly decide for you~ <3<3<3 :P )

"This is bad."

Laurence stared down at Sakila, the pool of blood growing larger underneath her. "She's not gonna live much longer with that injury, especially in this situation. I suggest we relief her of her misery and move on. We don't have much time."

The Marker hugged the girl tighter and yelled out, refusing to budge.

"My my..." he said as he scratched his head. "What shall we do with this...?"

He pressed a button on his watch. "My lady. An issue. Seems like one of the marker's friend got attacked and our marker is refusing to budge."

"... I see. Any way to heal the friend?"

"Unfortunately, with the time we have... Even if we do, there is still a chance she may not survive, with the game still ongoing..." Laurence reported. Misaki could hear a lack of pity in his voice. 

"Well, if she doesn't want to move, we won't force her. But if we miss this chance, we will never have it again. Let them make the choice."

"...Right." Laurence sighed before turning to the rest.

"There you have it. So what now? You want to give up the chance of returning to your world to save her? You all won't necessarily live after that you know? And one thing you have to know before you decide... Even if I am on your side, I AM a hunter and are under orders to kill you or face the wrath of the hunter society. I am, currently risking both my honor and my life for the success of this mission. I will therefore choose to kill her. BUT by orders of our kind-hearted master, I am giving you a choice. Now choose."

Before anyone else could put in their opinion, Misaki whipped out her gun and implanted a bullet in between Sakila's eyes. She had had more than enough time to have final thoughts, so now was the time to end it. Silence fell upon the group for a second before the wails of the Marker resonated once more as Tony and TJ stared at her.

"Why...?" one of them asked, obviously shocked by her actions.

"She isn't going to live. She never had a chance. So there's no point trying to save a dead man walking when her death benefits more people."

All this time, Autumn had been watching. She had been watching but was far too shocked to say anything. She couldn't believe it when she saw Sakila, so she had just stared in horror, her hands clapped over her mouth, and tears in her eyes.

Kai hugged her. Autumn wished she could do the same, but that thought seemed far away, now that she was very shocked. She listened to the others' conversation with Laurence, unable to manage a word.

The next thing she knew, Misaki was pointing a gun at Sakila.

"Why!?" She found herself asking angrily, standing in front of Sakila, "Why do you want to kill her?"

"She isn't going to live. She never had a chance. So there's no point trying to save a dead man walking when her death benefits more people."

"But... She's a human! I'm sure she wants to live! Imagine her dying away from all the people she knows... As prey, Id rather die anywhere but here!"

Autumn stared at Misaki, wondering when she would shoot her dead before doing so to Sakila.

Aleksander had been watching in the shadows. 

"Well, I may thank Misaki. I want to get back to my world. I still got change to win championship."

Aleksander stepped out of the shadow.

"Well well, we need to keep going." he said while aiming to them.

"And thank you Misaki for executing her. She was in great pain." 

He grinned.

"Now shall we move on. I won't kill you. If you don't try to kill me."

"Oho. The hunter stalking you misaki. I was talking about him earlier. Your friend?" Laurence asked, getting a glare as a response.

"Well you're Alex aren't you?" Laurence asked. "What great timing."

He slid out from beside the group and moved beside the guy, pointing his gun at misaki as well.

"I'm an experienced hunter and I know many things just by looking at the situation. Even if I look goofy, I know many things, for exampe ... the person who injured the girl..." He swept a look towards misaki before continuing. "And this situation calls for extreme measures. Hey Alex, lets work together shall we?"

The guy nodded in response.

"Let's move people~ if you don't want me shooting down misaki's head~"

"Wait... Why are you doing this? Aren't you with us? Aren't you on our side?" A girl responded with a shivering voice.

"Huh!?" Laurence chuckled a little. "I have never been on your side for ever a second my dear. I will only carry out my mission~ and if you disrupt my mission, I will not hesitate to get rid of you~ Now move."

The group complied. Within fifteen minutes, they reached the roof of the building. There there is a room at the other side, and a small airship beside. Right above them is the gigantic airship which possibly Romeo, the organizer, is in. Laurence shoved everyone towards the room. The sign board above the room read "TRANSCENDER LAB".

=====================

(Now choose. Meet Romeo or Juliet? :V )

"But... She's a human! I'm sure she wants to live! Imagine her dying away from all the people she knows... As prey, Id rather die anywhere but here!" the prey who wasn't the Marker or Sakila shouted. She glared at her, obviously considering killing her for what she did.

But she knew that she did the right thing. Fools are blinded by their emotions. Misaki, however, looks at everything without feelings unnecessarily blurring an otherwise very clear picture. 

"Well well, we need to keep going."

The group turned around, revealing the idiot with a gun aimed at them. Figures he would follow us. 

"And thank you Misaki for executing her," he continued as he stepped closer. "She was in great pain." 

"Now shall we move on. I won't kill you. If you don't try to kill me."

"Oho. The hunter stalking you misaki. I was talking about him earlier. Your friend?" Laurence asked. She responded tacitly, giving a look that suggested he was anything but a friend. Quite the opposite actually. A quick glance over to TJ and Tony and she could see them angrily glaring at the idiot.

"Well you're Alex aren't you?" Laurence asked. "What great timing."

So his name is Alex. Meh, the idiot is a far better name. More accurate too.

He slid out from beside the group and moved beside the guy, pointing his gun at Misaki as well. Immediately, she had her Glock pointing at him, ready to shoot at any moment.

"I'm an experienced hunter and I know many things just by looking at the situation. Even if I look goofy, I know many things, for example ... the person who injured the girl..."

He looked at her, a knowing glint in his eye. She didn't respond, though she could pick up the slight confusion from the others behind her.

He continued, "And this situation calls for extreme measures. Hey Alex, lets work together shall we?"

The guy nodded in response.

"Let's move people~ if you don't want me shooting down Misaki's head~"

Like hell you will.

"Wait... Why are you doing this? Aren't you with us? Aren't you on our side?" the girl responded, a shiver present in her tone.

"Huh!?" Laurence chuckled a little. "I have never been on your side for ever a second my dear. I will only carry out my mission~ and if you disrupt my mission, I will not hesitate to get rid of you~ Now move."

The group complied, Misaki because it would be troublesome to not to and everyone else because they were afraid for her life. Though she didn't see why, seeing how she had proven herself more than capable of killing someone efficiently and well, especially with her life on the line. It had only taken them 15 minutes to reach the roof of the building. There, a room at the other side and a small airship parked besides it was present. Right above them is the gigantic airship where Romeo, the organizer, could possibly be. Laurence forced them towards the room. The sign board above the room read "TRANSCENDER LAB".

"Come on," he ordered as he made them enter. "Get in."

In the room, there was two different pods, one glowing a pale, blue light while the other glowed a light orange. He pointed to the one glowing blue with his gun and said, "Enter that one. Now."

One by one, they entered until Misaki and Laurence were left. She stated, "I assume this pod leads us to the organizer of this event."

"Correct."

"I would like to know his name before I enter so I know what to address him when I get there."

"... Romeo. His name is Romeo."

Responding with a nod, she entered the pod, followed by the other hunter. The blue light overwhelmed her senses, and by the time everything was back to normal, she was on the ship. The others were huddled together as the idiot kept a gun on them to keep them from misbehaving. Likewise to the room where they had met the woman, a large screen was present. As she stepped towards the others, it flickered on before revealing a man-shaped shadow.

"Welcome to my airship. I see there are still prey standing. Did I not order you three to kill them all?"

It was obvious who he was referring to. Misaki said, "I felt no need to kill them beyond the one I did kill because there are other hunters to do the job and I don't wish to waste ammunition on people who could be killed by others."

Tony bursted out, "You killed Sakila?! Why?!"

"I did as I saw fit."

"But...!"

"If I didn't kill someone, then I too would become prey. This way, it's less likely. I need to look out for myself."

"Very wise words," the shadow man said, approval apparent in his voice. "And so? What about you two? What are your excuses?"

"Very wise words," the shadow man said, approval apparent in his voice. "And so? What about you two? What are your excuses?"

"Exceuses? No I'm not excusing anything. I was thinking to drop them off from here. I guess you got some nice windows here." Aleksander said while laughing like psyko-murderer.

"Of course! Right here." The asker showed way to window.

"A-aa! I'm not going close the window." Aleksander said while driving prey like cattle towards the window.

(Don't mind me. Seriously, don't mind me.)

Sakila's ghost floated around the airship, unaware of any danger. Actually, she was dead. There was no danger. At least not to her. She floated around bored, making funny faces behind Misaki's back and randomly poking people. What else was there to do? She was dead.

"Whoooo....whoooo~~! Yellooooo? Ghost in da hizouse! Yo? Who let the dogs out?! ...I'm bored. Entertain me, my murder!" she made bunny ears behind Misaki's head.

I'm not cut out for this., she decided.

(Omg Sakila... That was... Hilarious. I laughed ever since I read "Sakila's ghost floated around the airship. :V don't worry they will be joining you too if ever it did not end.

Oh and seems like misaki planned to meet Romeo instead if Juliet~ :P )

"Alright. That's enough." Romeo said while giving a sigh. "There's no need to kill them now."

Laurence grinned.

"Now Raullen. Would you mind giving them an explanation as to why they are here?"

The guy's grin widened. "I sure would." He replied and clicked on a switch on the watch.

"My lady, it is me." Laurence spoke into the watch.

"Oh Laurence. Where are you? I don't see you here yet." Juliet replied.

"Ah, Juliet is it?" Romeo spoke with a smirk on his face. "I guess you lose this one my dear."

"Ro-Romeo!? Wait what? Why is Romeo-Laurence! What happened!?"

"Sorry my lady, Romeo had known the plan already and gave orders to me to work as a spy under you."

"... Laurence..."

"And so that's what it means. You've lost." Romeo said as he flicked his hair to the side. "Now, you can kill them."

"Hold on a bit Sir..." Laurence interrupted.

"What is it?"

"Aren't you curious as to what really would happen if we activate the transcending machine in favorable conditions? Whether it would actually be a successful attempt to transcend space and time?"

"Hmmm?" Romeo's eyes squinted, as if interested in something. "Don't tell me this is a part of Juliet's plan?"

"What? Not at all. I just thought of it earlier.. That if this was successful, then the opposite would also be true! You will be able to travel between time and space freely and it will be easy to obtain more prey! And we can interact freely with the people at the other side. We will be able to expand our lands and space. It is a great opportunity. Don't worry. Me and misaki will be looking after ms Juliet and make sure she will not escape into the dimensional rift."

"Misaki has proven that she will do whatever it takes to keep herself safe. We can trust her."

"Humph. I can trust her but how about you? You're the one who suggests to go ahead with this."

"If I ever let her escape, you can put me on the death roll with my past achievements erased. I will stake my honour on this."

"Alright then... Since I have promised someone that I wouldn't kill the survivors who made it to me... Even though they arrived not by themselves... they still arrived. But we will only try this with only one prey. The rest will be used for other experiments. Do you know how it works?"

"I've gotten enough info from Juliet. I had made it such that she totally trusts in me. She tells me everything. Oh and we need everyone here to go. We will need to test each one of them for the most suitable candidate."

"Alright. Now go Raullen. You too Alex. You go help too."

And so, the group headed to the actual laboratory.

------------------------------

(Go go go go go go goooooo!)

"Alright then... Since I have promised someone that I wouldn't kill the survivors who made it to me... Even though they arrived not by themselves... they still arrived. But we will only try this with only one prey. The rest will be used for other experiments. Do you know how it works?"

"I've gotten enough info from Juliet. I had made it such that she totally trusts in me. She tells me everything. Oh and we need everyone here to go. We will need to test each one of them for the most suitable candidate."

"Alright. Now go Raullen. You too Alex. You go help too."

And so, the group headed to the actual laboratory. Well, everyone but Misaki. She stayed behind, leaving her alone with the shadow man (who, by now, she assumed was Romeo).

"Why are you still here?" he asked.

"Because. I wish to know whether TJ and Tony will be used as experiments or not."

"Of course not my dear!" he laughed, though there was something about it that didn't settle well with her.

"Well just know this: While I do do whatever it takes to keep myself safe, I do the same for the few people I care for."

"Funny, I thought you were supposed to be like a sociopath, and last I checked they don't care for anyone but themselves."

Though she kept her mask up, behind it was pure shock for a few seconds before logic kicked in. How did he know?! ... Wait, of course he knows. It would make sense the organizer know everything they can about the hunters.

"Well people change. And remember, I am like a highly functioning sociopath. There's a difference," she said as she departed, making her way to the lab.