Detective Conan World
Wicky

A Roleplay Subforum?

Huh... KKLT, please explain this screen cap then.

prooffv.jpg

Now assuming that an entire (and active) roleplay subforum was made... On the second biggest DC Fansite on the net and the biggest English DC Wiki site was made. Do you really think that it wouldn't get noticed or appear first on searches? Clearly this thread already does. So why not a dedicated forum? 

And it can grow just fine without a dedicated subforum. It isn't needed for growth. If it reaches the point in growth that a subforum is needed for Roleplay, then I'm sure one will be made at that point. However now, it is just silly.

Also, I'd like to thank IdentityUnknown for actually being reasonable and logical.

and I hope everyone understands that DCW IRL may soon become just as important as the wiki.

There's lunacy and then there's just plain lunacy. For the love of pete, please read what you just said out loud. You're legitimately insinuating that a roleplaying group on a forum that barely gets most of the traffic that comes to DCW is going to become just as important as the top fan-sourced wiki/encyclopedia for Detective Conan information (Wikipedia's content is laughable).

DCTP is bar-none a bigger board than we are. They have more roleplays going on than we do. And they don't have a roleplay board. Why? Because there's not enough to warrant including the board. Even their semi-roleplaying game Mafia is in the games sub-forum. Take my Magic Kaito point, which everyone glossed over. Logic dictates that since Magic Kaito is Conan-related it would get its own board, right? There's not enough discussion to warrant creating the board for it. If there was, it would have happened by now, but there isn't.

I hate to break it to you kids, but like 10% of the traffic for DCW comes from here. It's all in the wiki. No amount of roleplays and special forums and all that jazz will ever change that. Believe me, I've tried. The wiki is a giant. It's what people come to this website for. The traffic comparison is never going to change. It's too large of a difference.

• Upvote 6

Huh... KKLT, please explain this screen cap then.

prooffv.jpg

Now assuming that an entire (and active) roleplay subforum was made... On the second biggest DC Fansite on the net and the biggest English DC Wiki site was made. Do you really think that it wouldn't get noticed or appear first on searches? Clearly this thread already does. So why not a dedicated forum?

And it can grow just fine without a dedicated subforum. It isn't needed for growth. If it reaches the point in growth that a subforum is needed for Roleplay, then I'm sure one will be made at that point. However now, it is just silly.

Also, I'd like to thank IdentityUnknown for actually being reasonable and logical.

Thank you very much for the screen cap kyuu. I searched and saw it myself before I posted my ... post.

Apparently, you are trying to put words into my mouth. I didn't say this discussion wouldn't show up. I said DCW IRL wouldn't show up. My entire point there is to direct you(or whoever else) to this gigantic link above your tiny link(see the screen cap). Which is the "What shows up". That huge link apparently links to our external DC role playing site, which doesn't have much traffic now.

Whether or not this discussion shows up isn't really all that important anyway, except that when it does, it MAY get some traffic. Also, there are so many other RP sites showing up on first page as well. Wanna help me to check if they're flooded? :/

Like I said, even though I am for the creation of the subforum, I understand that with the current number of threads we have, it is definitely unnecessary now. But I can live with it whether or not it is approved. Just that, I would have liked it if you would use uneccessary instead of "silly" or other words and try to put the idea down. (okay this isn't really about the idea now but more to what I value). Right, I may have sounded silly to you to have supported the idea, and may also still continue to support it whether or not you hate me, but there are so few of things which I feel strongly for and I will be stubborn with it. <_< I just hope this discussion don't actually affect the actual DCW irl if not I'll be real sad. :( Guess I'll stop here.

Oh btw I just wanna comment something about CC's post >__< (forgive me... I am feeling a little down and I feel like talking... :V) Wiki is important. It is for the knowledge of the community. But the forums are important too... It's a DCW community. It's like family. Its like my house. I don't really feel sad when the wiki goes down (e.g into maintenance...), but I do feel sad when the forums goes down. That's the difference. ;)

Wiki is important. It is for the knowledge of the community. But the forums are important too... It's a DCW community. It's like family. Its like my house. I don't really feel sad when the wiki goes down (e.g into maintenance...), but I do feel sad when the forums goes down. That's the difference.

That's fine and dandy, but my point still stands.

KKLT, you clearly misread my point. You want a ROLE PLAY forum, specifically for DCW IRL. If threads like that and this one will show up, then an entire forum will as well. Quite possibly not in the way you intend, shifting the entire purpose of that subforum, creating more issues, when people enter looking for one thing, finding another, and starting their OWN RPs because it said "Role Play" Forum. You seem intent on the illusion that everything is perfectly controllable because you have been a part of a rather small and contained RP within DCW as a whole. It might not expand DCW IRL at all! It could actually TAKE AWAY from DCW IRL if other RPs get started up because people either have their own ideas or own wants from RPing in this community that a new Forum will take away from. Which may or may not be DC related. 

And btw... The forum is unnecessary. I've said that several times. I was referring to the idea, which is silly. 

I highly doubt that any discussion will harm DCW IRL. The only way it will be hurt is if players get bored and leave it. That is the way ALL RPs are hurt. 

Point of fact... I don't hate you. I haven't hated any regular.

KKLT, you clearly misread my point. You want a ROLE PLAY forum, specifically for DCW IRL. If threads like that and this one will show up, then an entire forum will as well. Quite possibly not in the way you intend, shifting the entire purpose of that subforum, creating more issues, when people enter looking for one thing, finding another, and starting their OWN RPs because it said "Role Play" Forum. You seem intent on the illusion that everything is perfectly controllable because you have been a part of a rather small and contained RP within DCW as a whole. It might not expand DCW IRL at all! It could actually TAKE AWAY from DCW IRL if other RPs get started up because people either have their own ideas or own wants from RPing in this community that a new Forum will take away from. Which may or may not be DC related. 

And btw... The forum is unnecessary. I've said that several times. I was referring to the idea, which is silly. 

I highly doubt that any discussion will harm DCW IRL. The only way it will be hurt is if players get bored and leave it. That is the way ALL RPs are hurt. 

Point of fact... I don't hate you. I haven't hated any regular.

I get your point, and I agree with you. When DCW is actually so powerful that nearly everything from here shows up, it isn't really surprising if a sub forum shows up (or say... It is Kinda expected). And speculations are, it may cause trouble because it may attract more people (sometimes unwanted) or expand the forum in the wrong direction. Then when it does, it may cause some trouble (E.g too many threads etc.) Wherever there's people, trouble will find its way, whether it is a role play forum or games forum or chat forum...etc, Only that you 'foresee' that RPs will create more problems than necessary, which could or may not happen at all. So do you mean that if the role playing grows, it will create trouble, so we should not look forward for it to grow or expand at all and we should bring as little attention to it as possible? If so, then it's really unfortunate and I'll resign to fate and grab myself a corner to be depressed. :(

Also, DCW is... essentially... a role play. Unless you don't think it is? Now let's see of we aren't creative and rename them to "DCW Roleplay scene 1" and post it in chat room. It's gonna show up on google and people will notice it and join. It's going to be the same. Could it be that you're fine with DCW irl because it's name happen to not contain the word 'roleplay'? (btw that is only an example and I don't think anyone will want its name to be changed.) Now if the sub-forum is called DCW irl, or some other name it would be alright?

And sorry for being overly sensitive over the matter. I can take insults or criticism myself but I have a problem with thinking properly when something or someone I value gets put down. It's not your problem, I think its mine. And about the discussion thing not affecting... Actually it does >__< it creates some sort of psychological stress when something has been discussed over and over again and in time the brain will sort of reject the thought of it >__<

Also, it may actually bring up unexpected discussions and trigger some negative ideas and thus indirectly affecting it. :/

And lastly, I don't actually want you to hate me, and I don't intend to offend anyone. =X

I get your point, and I agree with you. When DCW is actually so powerful that nearly everything from here shows up, it isn't really surprising if a sub forum shows up (or say... It is Kinda expected). And speculations are, it may cause trouble because it may attract more people (sometimes unwanted) or expand the forum in the wrong direction. Then when it does, it may cause some trouble (E.g too many threads etc.) Wherever there's people, trouble will find its way, whether it is a role play forum or games forum or chat forum...etc, Only that you 'foresee' that RPs will create more problems than necessary, which could or may not happen at all. So do you mean that if the role playing grows, it will create trouble, so we should not look forward for it to grow or expand at all and we should bring as little attention to it as possible? If so, then it's really unfortunate and I'll resign to fate and grab myself a corner to be depressed. :(

Also, DCW is... essentially... a role play. Unless you don't think it is? Now let's see of we aren't creative and rename them to "DCW Roleplay scene 1" and post it in chat room. It's gonna show up on google and people will notice it and join. It's going to be the same. Could it be that you're fine with DCW irl because it's name happen to not contain the word 'roleplay'? (btw that is only an example and I don't think anyone will want its name to be changed.) Now if the sub-forum is called DCW irl, or some other name it would be alright?

And sorry for being overly sensitive over the matter. I can take insults or criticism myself but I have a problem with thinking properly when something or someone I value gets put down. It's not your problem, I think its mine. And about the discussion thing not affecting... Actually it does >__< it creates some sort of psychological stress when something has been discussed over and over again and in time the brain will sort of reject the thought of it >__<

Also, it may actually bring up unexpected discussions and trigger some negative ideas and thus indirectly affecting it. :/

And lastly, I don't actually want you to hate me, and I don't intend to offend anyone. =X

It would, but it is still not warranted, and rather unnecessary. So that problem is still an issue. However that would prevent unforeseen expansion that would create issues.

That said... The entirety of DCW IRL is small. Let it grow on its own. It is well known enough on this site to allow growth. I know about it, and I'm barely on the site as of late (I open it in browser out of habit but barely look at it). So people know about it, don't kid yourself that. If it is going to grow, it will. At this point facilitating the expansion of something that has no evidence of extreme growth, seems a unnecessary. Right now making a subforum for DCW IRL would be like putting a seedling in a pot that was meant for a large tree. Could the plant grow that large? Maybe, but no one would know. And if it doesn't then its just taking up unnecessary space. 

And if you think DCW is a role play... then you really need to get out more. DCW is in no way a role play. I used to be a part of several role play communities, and I still role play with friends over chat or IRC. I used to do table tops as well. (DCW IRL is, DCW is not) DCW IRL is a small community driven RP. 

All I'm saying is leave it be. If it needs a subforum it will get one. Right now it doesn't. The role play community here is small. There is already an archive thread in place so that is good for finding old threads. I'm sure this forum will be glad to make changes for RP/DCW IRL if it is needed. It just isn't now. And I'm sure you can agree with that. 

• Upvote 2

It would, but it is still not warranted, and rather unnecessary. So that problem is still an issue. However that would prevent unforeseen expansion that would create issues.

That said... The entirety of DCW IRL is small. Let it grow on its own. It is well known enough on this site to allow growth. I know about it, and I'm barely on the site as of late (I open it in browser out of habit but barely look at it). So people know about it, don't kid yourself that. If it is going to grow, it will. At this point facilitating the expansion of something that has no evidence of extreme growth, seems a unnecessary. Right now making a subforum for DCW IRL would be like putting a seedling in a pot that was meant for a large tree. Could the plant grow that large? Maybe, but no one would know. And if it doesn't then its just taking up unnecessary space. 

And if you think DCW is a role play... then you really need to get out more. DCW is in no way a role play. I used to be a part of several role play communities, and I still role play with friends over chat or IRC. I used to do table tops as well. (DCW IRL is, DCW is not) DCW IRL is a small community driven RP. 

All I'm saying is leave it be. If it needs a subforum it will get one. Right now it doesn't. The role play community here is small. There is already an archive thread in place so that is good for finding old threads. I'm sure this forum will be glad to make changes for RP/DCW IRL if it is needed. It just isn't now. And I'm sure you can agree with that. 

EDIT:

I reread what I wrote and indeed I spotted the typo. I meant "DCW IRL" is a roleplay... NOT DCW. DCW is a roleplay doesn't make any sense at all.  <_<

Sorry for the mistake. This typo indeed changed the entire meaning of the paragraph. <_<

Basically one thread that has links to every past DCW IRL thread, like an archived list of them.

That would be nice, and I would settle on that if it is completely knocked out.

There's lunacy and then there's just plain lunacy. For the love of pete, please read what you just said out loud. You're legitimately insinuating that a roleplaying group on a forum that barely gets most of the traffic that comes to DCW is going to become just as important as the top fan-sourced wiki/encyclopedia for Detective Conan information (Wikipedia's content is laughable).

DCTP is bar-none a bigger board than we are. They have more roleplays going on than we do. And they don't have a roleplay board. Why? Because there's not enough to warrant including the board. Even their semi-roleplaying game Mafia is in the games sub-forum. Take my Magic Kaito point, which everyone glossed over. Logic dictates that since Magic Kaito is Conan-related it would get its own board, right? There's not enough discussion to warrant creating the board for it. If there was, it would have happened by now, but there isn't.

I hate to break it to you kids, but like 10% of the traffic for DCW comes from here. It's all in the wiki. No amount of roleplays and special forums and all that jazz will ever change that. Believe me, I've tried. The wiki is a giant. It's what people come to this website for. The traffic comparison is never going to change. It's too large of a difference.

No matter how small, how big, don't we want nice things? Most of the people here have agreed that it would be nice. 

Don't we like nice things? 

Why not having IRL move to game section? Chatroom already flooded with threads which often turn into archive or revived thread. Chatroom has lots, it's not I'm rubbing it in, think about it, how many threads we leave it to die???

Chelsea and IU owns roleplay forum, I don't know did she still have it, DCW still aiming for discussion but if you both feel DCW can done more, I think it already stretch it can be with Maurice's work. I have no problem to hear you want to come over to roleplay forum, Chelsea owns, and she's moderator here as well. DCW can have few, but if you're serious, I'm like Chek, you have to talk to Maurice about it. :)