Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Manyfaces

Add a Case Closed Sub-Forum!

Ever since FUNimation launched its new website (about two years ago already), I've been looking for a new CC forum to call home, and in all this time I haven't been able to find one. I would have used this site right from the get-go, but unfortunately this website only has sections for the original series fan. I, and many others, only follow the English releases. We do not like spoilers, and your site has plenty of 'em.

Would it be possible to create a Case Closed only section? So we English fans can talk about the latest volume, etc. in peace?

The sub-forum could be organized as such:

General

Anime

Manga

You have a problem for the anime then... Everything after around episode 120 is a spoiler to you, and it will remain that way since Funimation has ceased efforts to sub and dub the series as far as I know. Case Closed was not a successful venture for them, they kept it going for as long as they did because the little fan clamor they got showed hope, but in the end it fell flat and people simply weren't buying.

Knowing this, I don't think it is logical for the forum administrator to add in a separate subforum for a dub/sub that is dead in the water.

I know you enjoy it, and I wish we could help, but really it just isn't logical. Case Closed anime is as good as dead.

As for the Viz manga well... I'll leave that up to Maurice, but it would really be a subforum under the Manga subheader if it was implemented. Same would go for the General subforum. It just doesn't make much sense to do. Many fans have moved on. Viz is up to Vol 44 and the series is up to 79.

The reason why you can't find any forums catering to just Case Closed is because there really just aren't enough Case Closed only fans. Yes we have some here, but the proportions are just not enough to warrant any major changes. There are far more fans that watch the subs of Detective Conan.

While all of this is unfortunate for Case Closed only fans like yourself, it is the current state of the fandom.

• Upvote 3

Sadly, Funimation will NOT be dubbing anymore episodes, so basically, spoilers are fine because the Detective Conan show, that you obviously wont be watching, will not apply to you. So you could ignore it. 

I love the english dub too, but im not complaining, even though i am an active "Save Case Closed" member. 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Case-Closed/234820129881980?ref=ts&fref=ts

Either way, i would support a "Case Closed" subforum yes, but your argument for spoilers is void. You will never see the episode that they "Spoiled" because funimation discontinued the franchise.