Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 6: Jupiter

Ash dusted herself off and watched as Greyfield and Petya were hauled away, allowing herself a smile. When Sakila began talking, her cheeks turned pink, but she nodded silently. Then all else was gone: Sakila had brought a knife to her own throat. "No!" Ash ran to the fallen girl and dropped to her knees beside her. "This isn't how it ends! I promised..." She grabbed the knife and tore off her right glove, letting the family picture fall to the ground. 'Reversal... reversal...' Ash cut her palm and pressed it to Sakila's wound, charging her power and willing it to reverse itself. She mumbled to herself, tears falling from her cheeks for the first time in years, as the wound began to close. "Don't do this... Saki, you're all I have, I promised them- I'd protect you... Dammit, don't be too late."

(Awwwww, I was planning on staying dead, but how could I ignore that? <3333)

Hot...

That's the first thing she realized. The sun was beating down on her face. And her head was resting on hard ground.

Slowly... Slowly, she tried opening her eyes before immediately closing them again. A shadow was suddenly cast over her face and she stopped scrunching her eyes together so tightly.

"Sakila! Sakila, you're alive!!"

Who was that? She opened her eyes again, this time a bit less disoriented, and found herself face-to-face with another girl. Tears were running down her face, but she had a relieved smile.

"What... What happened...?"

Her voice sounded terrible and her throat burned with pain.

"I reversed the effects of Reaper's Touch, making it heal, instead of hurt. How are you feeling?"

"Like I just died."

"You did."

It was another voice. Younger. She twisted her head to see two others near her. Her still-blurry eyes couldn't make out their faces.

"I just have one question," she began, as she struggled to sit up. The first girl put her arm around her back and helped her do so.

"...Who are you all? Better yet, who am I?"

(Dun dun dunnnnn!!!! Lol couldn't help but put in another twist~!)

"Promise, f***ing promise...." He pulls a knife and he beheads the guard who dragged him and he slaughter another one who taking Greyfield. To prevent capture, he with Greyfield hiding the corpse in forest. They are entering a 3rd generation Camaro. And Petya told him, "Well, T's dead. That b***ch was shot with my gun and i'll fulfill my fallen soldier's will: Eradicate Nubinelle and 8th Battalion." he pulls a clacker and Greyfield looking arround and he explained, "Although the bomb was fake, they are forgot about this. I planted a lot of C4 and IEDs deep below their feet. Now, we'll watch them burn to hell...." He pulls the clacker after he turns his radio and it plays Still Fly by TDWP and several explosions occurred as they are watching in amusement.

Petya muttered, "Brave soldier, Brave soldier, die with me, die with me, die with me..." they are leaving the place to operate AF underground and they are using decoy to fake their death. Greyfield told him, "If you are going to die, Then die with your hands around the throat of the enemy..." Petya smirked, "Hmph, if we can meet them again. IS was f***ed, Yi was dead and not f***ing one could stop us. We won, comrades..." The two are laughed together as they starting a new life.

(My ending...)

The evening's cool wind brushed against her as Misaki walked through the silent cemetery. It hadn't been long since she had last came, her previous visit happening a week ago, but she had to come. She had to tell Kate what had happened. How it was all over.

It didn't take her long to get to where her mentor's final resting spot was, since her frequent visits over the years has made it easy for her to get there without wasting much time. A gentle smile rose to her face as she sat down on the grass in front of the gravestone. She, like every time she did when she came, read the description inscribed on it as she placed a smooth bolt on top of her grave.

Katherine Alexander

November 21, XXXX - August 5, XXXX

A beloved daughter, friend and mentor

who shall always live in our hearts.

"We did it."

Her voice broke through the silence as she continued, "We finally did it. We beat the Armed Forces."

She paused, as if she was having a conversation and not just talking to a grave. "Well, we had the IS's help, but still. It was mostly us."

With a grin, she took another pause. "I also found out who caused the massacre you were a part of," she said as her face turned more somber. "It was Sakila. I've mentioned her a few times. Turns out she used to help the Armed Forces with their strategy since her uncle was Greyfield. Oh, and guess what? The guy has a daughter too. Sparrow. Though she's way better than her "dad". And you know Mokou? She got killed. Recently too. But apparently she was Yi's daughter. Pretty weird, I know.

"Well, getting back to Sakila: In case you're wonder, I didn't kill her. I knew you wouldn't approve, even if she did cause your death. I let her live so she could be with the guilt of killing you and so many others for the rest of her life. But..."

Her voice trailed off as she remembered what had happened earlier.

"Hey, Vivi!" Sakila shouted out. The rest of the group kept going but Misaki, Vivi and Sparrow turned back around.

"Guess what?"

Her voice began to tremble as tears fell from her eyes. "I really considered you a friend," she shouted out. "And not just you! Misaki, too! And Sparrow! You're my cousin aren't you?!"

The older girl looked away but nodded.

Slowly, Sakila reached into her purse and pulled out a silver object. The sun finally peeked through the clouds, making it shine in the light. Misaki froze, only able to watch the girl as she yelled out, "YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING!"

And with that, she brought the knife in her hand to her neck and slit it. She fell to the ground, smiling. "...Really, sorry for everything,"

"No!" Sparrow ran to the fallen girl and dropped to her knees beside her. "This isn't how it ends! I promised..."

She grabbed the knife and tore off her right glove, letting a picture fall to the ground. The girl cut her palm before pressing it to Sakila's wound. Tears started falling from her cheeks as the wound began to close. "Don't do this... Saki, you're all I have, I promised them- I'd protect you... Dammit, don't be too late." 

By now Misaki and Vivi had made their way over to the pair, checking anxiously to see if the girl was still alive. As her eyes began to flutter open, Sparrow shouted out happily, "Sakila! Sakila, you're alive!!"

"What... What happened...?" she asked, her voice sounding weak and tired.

"I reversed the effects of Reaper's Touch, making it heal, instead of hurt. How are you feeling?"

"Like I just died."

"You did," Vivi said.

"I just have one question," she began, as she struggled to sit up. Sparrow put her arm around her back and helped her do so.

"...Who are you all? Better yet, who am I?"

"She forgot... She forgot who she was, what she did.... Everything."

Misaki dug her fingernails into her palms. Her vision blurred as she felt something wet fall onto her knee. Quickly, she wiped away the tears that had begun to fall before any more could come. She didn't want to cry, especially in front of Kate.

Her skin felt raw as the gentle breeze dried her tears. Once again, she wiped her face to get rid of any evidence she had ever cried. The whistling of the wind and the rustling of leaves was all that could be heard as she sat silently in front of the grave. "Say, Kate..." she said, her voice just above a murmur. "Do you think I should forgive her? Even if she got you killed?"

The girl paused before letting out a chuckle. "What am I saying? Of course you want me to. You were always like that. Always wanting me to be more forgiving."

"So maybe I will."

Taking in a breath, she rose from her sitting position and stood up. "I better go," she said as she got up. "There's going to be a party for our success and I said I'd go."

She began to walk away, but couldn't help looking at the now distant gravestone one last time. A soft smile appeared on her face as she whispered, "Goodbye Kate. Rest in peace."

Vivi and Misaki supported the injured Sakila out of the AF hideout, together with all of the soldiers in the vicinity. It was a victory they could never have imagined. They have never expected all of these incidents to happen. The spies, the battle, the complications, all of the sadness and sorrow these people had caused. A few soldiers cried, some hugged each other, and some rushed back home immediately after getting permission from their respective leaders. 

"It's not so soon to celebrate guys..." Jackson announced. 

Everyone frowned. All of them knew what he was going to say.

"We need to get rid of their strong hold immediately, just in case... Misaki, Vivi..."

Misaki and Vivi nodded.

"I have already coated the entire strong hold with very thick metal. It will stop the explosion from getting too big and spreading to the cities."

"I have set all the other missiles we found in the stronghold to explode in the strong hold in another 3 minutes... " Vivi explained.

"I see... That's good."

"No its not..." Vivi's face was pale. Everyone turned to look at her. She continued. "I have calculated the power of the missiles. If we stay here, we will get caught up within the blast."

"WHAT!? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO SOONER!!!"

Vivi laughed.

"Vivi! Vivi! Chirp!" It was her bird. It came back for her. 

"Great! Can you get all of us out of here to about two to three kilometres away in 2 minutes?"

"Get out! Get out!" It nodded and threw a few thick strands of wires out of its body.

"Everyone! Tie the wires around you tightly!!" Everyone complied.

"Let's go!"

"Let's go! Let's go!" The tiny bird then started to suck and compress air within its small body at an alarming rate and then, before anyone knew it, it blasted off and everyone was pulled up into the air by the enormous strength of the blast. After about a minute of flying, the bird started to lose power and they gradually sank back down to the ground. They were no more than 2 kilometres away.

"Let's run!" Misaki shouted and everyone started running.

"Come here!" Vivi called to the bird. The bird came to her. Vivi then went to stop Sakila and she removed her shoes. She then pulled off her own and slid them onto hers. "You're injured. You can't run."

She then pulled the wire on Kuu onto Sakila. "Go."

The bird started pulling Sakila forward. Vivi ran with the rest.

After about another minute or more of running, they heard a tiny explosion, followed by a horrendously loud boom after a few seconds. The strong hold has exploded. "Oh shit..." Everyone increased their speed. The explosion radius expanded and were spreading fast, not before long, it was already chasing behind their footsteps.

"Oh shit! Everyone! Prepare yourselves!!!" The explosion blasted them off into the air and they flew a few hundred metres away and  landed on a huge field of weeds in an unmaintained farm. Vivi sat up from her fallen position in pain. She groaned as she plucked out some pieces of debris from her wounds. Slowly, the rest also sat up groaning. All of them were injured by the blast. But, slowly, one by one, they started laughing. They were alive. The AF were defeated. The strong hold with all of the horrible memories was destroyed. And all of them are back together. Vivi stared back at Sakila, who doesn't seem to know what just happened. She seemed to have lost her memories for some reason and cannot remember any of them right now. However, she seemed to like Kuu. A smile appeared on the face of the girl as she played with the tiny bird. "Sakila! Sakila!" it chirped.

Vivi headed over to Sakila and sat down beside her. "You like it?"

"...Yea." She replied. "It's yours right?"

"Uh-huh..."
"What's its name?"

"..." Vivi paused. "It... doesn't have a name."

"..Ah..." Sakila sighed.

Both of them sat silently for a period of time.

"Ah." Sakila suddenly responded. Vivi turned to her curiously.

"Can I... give it a name?"

"Eh?" Vivi lifted a brow. "... What name are you thinking of?"

The girl laughed. "How about... Kuu?" she smiled sweetly.

Vivi's expression changed. She was surprised at first, and her face slowly changed to a painful expression, before it turned to a softer expression.

She paused for a very long time, remembering an incident quite similar to this.

Then, her shocked expression slowly changed into a smile as she replied. "... Sure."

"Alright! Everyone! Let's go back now! We'll be holding a celebration in town later! You don't want to miss it! Let's go!" Jackson announced.

"Yea! Alright!!!" Everyone cheered.

Vivi turned to Sakila. "Shall we go?"

The girl turned back and replied. "Uh-huh!"

=============

The end

=============

(\o/ ENDED! It was fun to roleplay with all of you here! Hope we can do that again! :D)

(Just an epilogue. I couldn't help myself from posting one more time.)

"Here! Whatcha doing, have a drink, ma'am!"

"Eh, what?"

"It's thanks to all of you that we were able to win! You should be celebrating! The Forceless are down! Then Forceless are down! Woohoo!"

She stared at the orange drink in her hand. She wasn't sure if orange juice was the only thing in there. Leaving the untouched drink on a nearby table, she surveyed her surroundings once again.

"Oh! Um, Brent, I think. May I speak to you for a second?"

"Didn't you use to call me Sir before?"

"...Sir?"

"Uh, never mind. What is it?"

"I... I don't know what's going on."

"What do you mean? Relax Sakila. Just enjoy the party! I shouldn't have to be the one telling you that! The Forceless are down!" He took a swig of his drink and laughed heartily.

"But that's just it. What Forceless? What's going on? I... I... I don't remem—"

"Sakila! Over this way now. Let's not bother the boss."

It was a peculiar girl with a big green hood covering her face.

"Can you help me?" Sakila asked as they began walking away. "What's going on?"

"It's hard to explain everything now. But tell me how much you remember."

"I... Not much. You all call me Sakila and it sounds familiar, but I don't know why. And I don't remember where I live or what I do or who my parents are."

"Hmm... Well how about history? Do you remember any basic information?"

"I... Well, the Armed Forces run Nubinelle. And the 8th Battalion and Nubinelle Rebellion oppose their rule and protect the nation. But that's just basic knowledge. Everyone knows that. When I try to go in depth about it, my head starts hurting."

The girl took her hood off to reveal a young face framed by wispy red hair.

"I see... I'll fill you in then. The Armed Forces have just been defeated. This party is in celebration of that. And you're... Well, I think some things, you have to find out for yourself. Everything will reveal itself with time. Just go with the flow for now and have fun."

"Okay..."

"Hey sister!"

Sakila turned to find a boy running over to her.

"I underestimated ya! You 8ths aren't that bad after all! The Forceless are down!" He pumped his fist before running off.

"Who was that...? He seemed familiar."

"You'll find many people who seem familiar."

"Like you. You're familiar, too ...Who are you, by the way?"

"Oh, I'm an ex-8th. You can call me... Mokou."

Mokou...

"Sakila!"

She turned around once again to find Kuu flitting over with the girl named Vivi.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, just... Huh? Where did she...?" The girl named Mokou was no longer there.

"Sakila?"

"It's nothing. I wasn't talking to anyone in particular."

"Oh, I see. Huh, anyways, they have strawberry-flavored yogurt over there, want some?"

"Really?! I love strawberry yogurt! Oh!" She blurted it out without thinking. "... I think I just realized something about myself..."

"We'll let's go already!" The girl set off in the opposite direction.

Thank you, Sakila, for setting me free.

Sakila felt the voice reach her, but she couldn't tell where it came from.

"Sakila!"

"Coming!"

And with that, she set off, determined to start anew.

She didn't know who she was, where she was, or what she'd done in her past.

But she'd didn't know what she'd do in the future either.

All she knew was that there were people around her who cared and there had been people like that for her before.

All she could do now was carry on.

"Coming, Vivi!"

I thought I was going to come back to see that all of you guys were still continuing and trying to destroy each other, but wow! I'm surprised you guys actually ended it!

I know I was a horrible sub-mod since I was unable to look through everything due to exams. I apologize for that, though I do hope this was enjoyable.

This topic will hopefully be locked soon, but please no more posts. Feedback can be sent to me or on the IRL thread.

Thanks to all of you!

Ash wrapped a fresh bandage around her arm, tugging the knot tight with her teeth. No one knows...  She went over it again in her mind: She hated to leave Sakila when her memory had been tampered with, but she'd had to do it. When everyone had escaped from the impending explosion she'd stayed behind for a few moments to make doubly sure there were no survivors... And she'd seen Greyfield.

He was with Petya and a group of Armed Forces. "I coulda 'ad ;im..." But she'd lingered too long and nearly gotten caught up in the blast. It didn't seem like anyone had noticed, so she discreetly followed her father and his men for several miles, bandaging the arm that was burnt in the blast. After a long period of watching, she turned back, "I can't kill  'im. An' they'll never 'ave enough power ta control the people again... But..." She tugged the photograph out of her blood soaked glove, staring at it as her father drew further away. After taking a deep breath she gripped the edge and tore Greyfield out of the picture.

"I'm Sparrow now... An' you'll never escape the fate ya deserve." Ash touched her scythe to the ground, releasing her pent up energy into the earth. Flowers bloomed in the soil rut as the cracking electricity made its way toward her target. Greyfield was seized by a fit as the jolt entered his body, and she began to walk away as his soldiers rushed to his aid. With that his body would paralyze within an hour, the effect lasting up to a week... And Petya, too, she thought, sending another shock of reaper's touch. The wind whistled through the trees, and she whistled right along with it, chewing a toothpick with a contented look on her face. "We'll meet again soon, pops. An' this time you won't lay a finger on my allies, or Sakila."

Walking back to the city she whistled to herself, examining her reflection in the glass of a shop window. "Aw, I look like 'ell..." It was true. Her green-dyed hair was clotted with blood, and the bandages serving as her shirt were torn to rags and had maybe three square inches of somewhat clean material. Her face was smeared with dirt and blood, and she wasn't walking quite straight. But she'd never felt better. Now pops is behind me, I gotta stop bein' so cold... maybe. I'll 'elp Saki get back the mem-ries of when she was happy, an' train ta protect the people of Nubinelle... But there's nothing else here. I'm just a weapon. And without the struggle, I'm no use ta anyone... Damn. 

Since she'd depressed herself a bit, she decided to ignore her problems and get cleaned up. Maybe she could talk to Brent about her job, or maybe even sit down and eat with Misaki and the 8th Battalion members who had helped. Ten minutes later she entered the cafe everyone tended to gather at, planning on washing up in the restroom. She stood in the doorway for a moment awkwardly as glances turned to stares. People should be used ta this... I'm always ragged after a fight... With a sigh she wove through the maze of tables and partiers to the back, trying to make her way to the bathroom. Maybe some things will stay the same, she thought, watching the people around her smiling and talking to one another. And this is home.

((EDIT: Sorry, IU. I was already writing this when the post went up. Had to finish my end o' the story))