Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL Christmas Special

(\o/ yeah~~!)

Sakila's eyes widened slightly as she felt the weight of the young girl on top of her. She stumbled backwards slightly, feeling the wall behind her stop her from falling flat on her behind. Guessing the young girl liked chocolate, Sakila dug into her many pockets before discovering a smushed KitKat bar in her inner jacket pocket. She slid down to the floor. She pulled the girl off of her and sat her down on the ground next to her. The girl immediately tried to bounce back up but Sakila pushed her back down right away and took out the KitKat bar, dangling it in front of her.

"Un," Sakila said. Here. She opened it up and divided in half, giving some to the girl and keeping some to herself. Chewing carefully, Sakila watched as the little girl ate her half. She'd finished in record time and Sakila couldn't help but break her half further after Amber raised her hand for more.

After they were both done, Sakila stood up silently, allowing Amber to choose the next door.

Amber loved snacks. And sweets. And after grovelling for some, she seem to have gotten attached to the sis that offered her the chocolates. Pulling her hand, Amber dragged the older sister out of the room through a door.

"Ne-chama~~~~ What is your name???" Amber asked as she dragged the girl as she ran, not noticing that she was already panting heavily. The little girl had unlimited stamina for some reason, and she hadn't thought that others may not be the same. She had huge strength for a little girl, and the older girl can't seem to control hers.

"Hmm...?" Amber finally stopped when the older girl did not answer her question. "Ne~ Ne~ Neechama... You look sick. Are you alright?"

The girl asked the older girl out of concern. The older girl tried to catch her breath.

"Hmmm..." Amber looked around and spotted a ball on the ground. She picked it up gleefully. "Wanna play a game with Amber?!"

==============

I have a tendency of spotting mysterious and weird objects lying around. :V Why it was there is a total mystery. :V

(Guise, I've been very busy recently and yeah I'm not gonna be so active with this RP)

Homer reached into his pocket and found a five pack of doughnuts. This should work he thought. He dropped one where he is now, and took a left into another room. It was exactly the same as the one before. He head through right this time. Exactly same thing.

Sakila was in no way weak. Sure, she was extremely lazy and barely moved around and she was pretty much a small-fry. But her strength exceeded her body and surprised most. So no, she was not weak, and she was not some kind of sloth. Although she moved like that sometimes.

But now, she might as well have been a sloth. She might as well have been a turtle. She might as well have been a snail. She might as well have been dead.

Amber had the stamina of 3,982 penguins. And penguins had a lot of stamina. Sakila had done her research.

Crouching on the ground and holding her chest with her sleeve-covered hand, Sakila attempted to catch her breath. She swallowed hard in order to keep her mouth from going completely dry and felt a slight pain in hr lungs.

"Ne-chama~~~~ What is your name???"

Sakila wasn't able to catch her breath in time to answer. Noticing the lack of an answer, Amber turned around. "Ne~ Ne~ Neechama... You look sick. Are you alright?" Sakila nodded in response and held up a finger. Wait.

"Hmmm..." Amber looked around as she waited. She spotted a ball on the ground and picked it up gleefully. "Wanna play a game with Amber?!"

Finally catching her breath, Sakila lifted her head slightly but kept her shoulders slumped. "Un," she said. Okay. Waiting for a while before deciding, Sakila followed Amber to the middle of the room and said in a soft mumble, "Sakila."

"Hmmm..." Amber looked around and spotted a ball on the ground. She picked it up gleefully. "Wanna play a game with Amber?!"

====

The other girl lifted her head slightly and said something. Amber didn't really catch it, but it looks like she agreed.

Her face turned bright and she skipped to the middle of the room and the girl followed.

"Sakila." The girl said.

"Huh?" Amber heard something but could not catch it. Amber turned her head towards the girl. "Neechama?"

"No-thing..." the girl mumbled again.

"Eh?" Amber still did not catch what she said, but shrugged and continued with what she was doing.

"Hey hey Neechama~" Amber bounced up and down in the room while holding the ball. "Take the umbrella! Let's do baseball!"

===========

Baseball with an umbrella and a huge ball in a small room. :V How fun. Just like swimming in a bathtub. :V :V :V

Let's do this anyway~ :P :P :P

Misaki checked her phone, seeing what progress she had made so far. The map was not much, but it did give her a basic idea as to where she was. Let's see... I've been through ten rooms so far. I wonder how long it'll take me to find the middle....

Once again, she entered a room identical to the rest. She let out a sigh as she looked at the three doors present to decide on what to choose. After a few minutes of going through her options, she decided on the door to the left. She opened it and stepped into the room. As she stepped away from the door, she noticed something was off. Wait... This room isn't the same as the pre-

SLAM!

She swiftly turned around, looking at the door that had slammed shut. She tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. She was stuck. "Damn it," she muttered to herself as she turned around to see what trap was waiting for her.

-----

(Either I'll leave this part to IU or just make one up myself. Whichever comes first :P)

(Do you normally carry two knives in your boots? And most people I know aren't particularly skilled at getting through laser beams that easily. One-person challenges probably won't be quite as entertaining, but I'd like you to struggle and find ways to get through each challenge. A story's not fun if you're sure that the hero always wins.

(I'd recommend you get someone to fill in for you since that's four days that you won't be here. Just in case. I can pull you "out of commission" as well, which I'll save your role in though you won't be able to do anything.)

(Um... no? But if you really are going to some freaky and suspicious place you can never be too sure about your own safety. And about getting through the laser beams... I was too lazy to write something really detailed story about my struggling. And I created my character on a calculative type with almost perfect aim.

(Well, I got to library computer so I can do somehting fun nowbut I won't be on Saturday online then...)

Tsukiko was halfway through the door when her boot caught a tiny laser beam near the floor level. So tiny she hadn't even noticed it. And when she cut the beam the floor started to tilt very fast.

"Ha ha haa! Did you really think you could get through this so easily. Did you think us so stupid that we could leave the control panel into the room without any protection? Always check, check and double-check."

Tsukiko looked at the floor which was now almost reaching the level of the door frame in the end she was. This far she had been able to hang on the edge of the floor but now... If she didn't let go her fingers would hurt... A lot. So she let go and rolled the whole way to her starting point. And due the tilted floor and her speed... she got knocked unconscious. "Shit..."

When Tsukiko woke up the floor was on its original place, the laser beams were on and her knife... no, both of her knives were missing. She didn't need to look for them too long time tough. They were both stuck on the door she had tried to go through earlier.

"Now, take a new try. If you succeed, you'll get your knives and continue your way safely. If not... Well, I suppose you already know it."

Tsukiko sighed. This time she definitely not had any choices.

(Um... no? But if you really are going to some freaky and suspicious place you can never be too sure about your own safety.)

(Your appearance there wasn't planned by you.)

It appears that Moho forgot about helping me out, so we'll ignore that and continue on. Wicky has not posted since the 5th. Since I wasn't here, I'll give him one more day to post.)

In front of Misaki appears seven bottles, each a different color and shape.

"Well, you've stumbled upon a trivia trap!" the Voice announces. "You'll have to choose the right bottle to consume to make it through. Two of the bottles will leave you in a completely different room with a handicap, one of the bottles will teleport you to the crystal ball, one of the bottles will pull you temporarily out of commission, and the other three bottles will each open a different door. Remember, even if you get to the crystal ball, none of your teammates will be there and if they aren't there, your trip is useless!

"By the way, just so this isn't just a game of guess and check, there's a set of clues on the table. Choose wisely!"

Misaki hurries over to the desk and reads the clues.

"Red like roses

Orange like juice

Yellow like sunlight

Green like ivy

Blue like the sea

Purple like witchcraft

And changes like your mind

Now which one of us could be the one you seek?"

(For Misaki's reference, the colors of the bottles are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and black/white (the colors change in this one).)

"Huh? Neechama?"

Well, kudos to to Sakila for trying to open up to the young child. Now if only she could've heard her. Sakila shifted her bottom lip to the left and bit the right part with her top teeth lightly.

"Nothing," she said, her teeth still clamped down.

"Eh?" Amber didn't seem to mind and shrugged. "Hey hey Neechama~" Amber bounced up and down in the room while holding the ball. "Take the umbrella! Let's do baseball!"

Sakila raised an eyebrow but did as she was told. Picking up the oh-so-convenient umbrella, she adjusted her posture so she wasn't as slouchy as usual. She threw the umbrella over her right shoulder and turned to the side. Amber brought her arms back and pitched.

Sakila was strong. Lazy, slow, awkward, but nevertheless strong.

Swinging with all her her might, Sakila hit the giant ball with the makeshift bat, only to have it fly over Amber's head, ricochet after the far wall and come back at hyperspeed to smack Sakila in the face.

OW.

The impact made her fall to the ground and the ball landed to the floor in front of her, now popped. A slip of folded paper fell out.

"Nee-chama! Are you alright?! Wow! That was so cool!" She giggled. Noticing the paper Sakila had picked up, she asked, "What's that?"

(What IS that?)

"Whoops."

Those are the last words Sakila and Amber hear before they are engulfed in black smoke that erupts from the umbrella.

The piece of paper reads, "Sorry, belated trap!"

(You have both now been teleported to different rooms.)

(It appears that Moho forgot about helping me out, so we'll ignore that and continue on. Wicky has not posted since the 5th. Since I wasn't here, I'll give him one more day to post.)

(It's hard to believe, but I'm human. Sorry about that, BTW. *leaves topic*)

In front of her laid seven bottles on a table, each different in color. She also noted an envelope lying near them. Just as she took a step towards the table to look at said envelope to see what was inside, someone spoke.

"Well, you've stumbled upon a trivia trap!" announced the Voice. Misaki jumped slightly, the noise of someone other than herself speaking catching her by surprise for a moment. "You'll have to choose the right bottle to consume to make it through. Two of the bottles will leave you in a completely different room with a handicap, one of the bottles will teleport you to the crystal ball, one of the bottles will pull you temporarily out of commission, and the other three bottles will each open a different door. Remember, even if you get to the crystal ball, none of your teammates will be there and if they aren't there, your trip is useless!

"By the way, just so this isn't just a game of guess and check, there's a set of clues on the table. Choose wisely!"

And with that, the Voice fell silent. Without hesitating, she approached the table and carefully broke the waxy seal on the envelope before taking out the folded up piece of paper that was in it. Her fingers rubbed gently against the paper, noting it was pretty high quality from the texture, before opening it up and reading.

Red like roses

Orange like juice

Yellow like sunlight

Green like ivy

Blue like the sea

Purple like witchcraft

And changes like your mind

Now which one of us could be the one you seek?

She studied the bottles carefully, taking note of anything she saw and anything she thought might help her pick a bottle with a decent result. Well, all bottles are solid, making it hard to determine what sort of liquid is inside. Two of the hints refer to plants, two refer to something liquid and three refer to other things. The bottle furthest to the right, the black bottle, seems to be able to change between being black and white. Probably is why that last line regarding the bottles gave the hint that it "changes like my mind." Though I am not sure what might be the outcome if I were to choose the bottle. Each one gives a hint of what the outcome is based on the hint given is what I understand.

Ivy, which people's first thoughts tend to go towards poison ivy, causes a rash. So that could lead to a handicap. Ivy berries are also moderately poisonous, though it happening is rare since the berries are known to be very bitter. However, the liquid inside could be made of ivy berries, making it a not-so wise choice to choose. Roses...

Her head ran through every clue that was given to her on the paper, sprouting all facts she knew to herself to see what could be of use. After a while and much thought, she decided upon the purple bottle. Witchcraft, or simply just witches, are often related to things such as familiars, caldrons and crystal balls. As a result, she was to choose the purple bottle because it would lead her to the crystal ball that was needed to be touched. And while she couldn't do anything about being stuck in the maze (since she would likely be the first person there), it was smarter to just go straight to the destination versus stumbling around more and getting involved in more traps.

So Misaki picked up the purple bottle, took off the cap and took a swig. The liquid had no taste, but it was cold. As she set the bottle down, she waited to see what would come.

-----

(Ta da.)

With a shock, Misaki teleports to the crystal ball. She falls to the floor, wincing in pain, then lighting up with surprise as she sees the crystal ball in front of her.

"Congratulations, you've chosen the potion that sends you to the crystal ball!" the Voice shouted. "Now the only question is, how are you going to get everyone here?"

~~~

Misaki has completed her challenge. Congratulations! Now the question is, did she choose the one she wanted...

Misaki felt a shock run through her spine as the liquid went through her system. Her eyes closed for a millisecond, the sudden surge taking her by surprise. And in that same amount of time, she managed to teleport. With a thud, she fell to the ground. Her face scrunched up slightly as she rubbed her sore bottom. She had been doing a lot of falling today...

Her eyes looked around the room before her gaze fell onto the glass ball sitting in the middle. A small look of surprise came onto her face, though was shortly replaced with a proud smile. I knew I was right.

"Congratulations, you've chosen the potion that sends you to the crystal ball!" the Voice shouted suddenly. "Now the only question is, how are you going to get everyone here?"

It fell silent as quickly as it spoke. Even if she knew the Voice would not be very interested in her response, she gave one anyway. "Well," she said, "I plan on doing nothing. I shall wait. It is not like I have any way to contact the others, so waiting is the best option."

And with that, she took out Kyrsa of her pocket and gently petted her as she leaned against the wall, knowing a long wait was in store.

------

(Woot \o/ Completed the challenge~)

(By the way, by "completed the challenge" I mean your mini challenge, not the overall one. :P You get points for completing that challenge based on creativity, thoughtfulness, and luck [aka random.org]. This main challenge will end on Sunday midnight Eastern Standard Time and you'll learn what you "scored" then. The score isn't that important unless you want a hint as to how to win the Miracle Show.)

[is this still going on, or...?]

Sakila's eyes widened slightly as she woke up somewhere totally different. There was no cheery Amber, no umbrella, no deflated ball, just a room. Again. A simple room. But there was a different kind of feeling in the air, a slight tension. Sakila stood up slowly and selected a door carefully. This game had suddenly somehow gotten much more serious.

((IU, what the heck do you mean with "Your appearance there wasn't planned by you."? Of course I've created my own character!!!

Pause.

Or do you mean my appearing to the freaky room wasn't planned my me? Nevertheless, you made me guita pissed off with that comment. Like I wouldn't already be after these f*cking problems with Google Chrome...))

((IU, what the heck do you mean with "Your appearance there wasn't planned by you."? Of course I've created my own character!!!

Pause.

Or do you mean my appearing to the freaky room wasn't planned my me? Nevertheless, you made me guita pissed off with that comment. Like I wouldn't already be after these f*cking problems with Google Chrome...))

I'm not denying that you created your own character. I meant that your character did not plan to appear on the show, you were randomly selected. And I'm sorry if you were pissed off.

Due to so many problems with Chrome and DCW, I'm putting this round on hold. It probably will be discontinued.