Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Rukia Kurosaki

Synchronicity Chapter 4: Amontillado

Shinichi blinked, then whispered back, "Are you sure? Who is it?" After a second, he added, "Then you're the ally?" With a wink, Sera grinned, replying, "Yup~ And I figured the second I saw you that you were on my side... The guy who called said there were two others: a rival and a 'third.' The rival is Bourbon." Shinichi froze. "Ah- y- you know about the Black Organization? How-?" Sera sighed, "Ya know, you're pretty dense. I'm not gonna tell you how I know who they are, but I will say that Amuro Tooru was following me on the way here. He's definitely on this train somewhere." Shinichi twitched. "And... you know that Amuro is Bourbon... is there anything you don't know about the situation?" For a moment Sera frowned, thinking.

"Yeah... I'm not sure who the third person is. I have no clue whether they're an enemy or an ally... I don't even know their gender or age. All I know is that they're either in Osaka now, or on this train." The two stood together cautiously until the train halted, looking out for anyone acting suspiciously. When there was no development after most of the other passengers had left, they stepped out onto the platform, studying the station. Sera walked straight up the stairs and headed outside with a confused Shinichi in tow. "Where are you going?"

"A little while after I got on the train, I found a paper in my motorcycle helmet telling me where to go next. Sorry, I forgot to mention it..." She crossed the street the moment the 'walk' signal appeared, adding, "This baggage claim ticket was wrapped in the message, for number thirteen at Osaka's Kansai Hotel." Sera pointed up at the building before them; sure enough, the huge Kansai Hotel was there, looming over their path.

"C'mon, Kudo-kun." Shinichi nodded and followed, annoyed that he was being led around by the other detective, but relieved that he at least knew who his enemy was. "Amuro..."

Sera marched up to the counter, setting her claim ticket in front of the woman at the desk. "Oh, number thirteen..." She pulled a slender envelope from a cubby behind the desk, sliding it across the table to Sera. "Here you are, sir..." Sera's shoulders dropped. "It's... ma'am." The woman blinked. "Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am, it's just that, well... You're a bit petite, and with the short hair and the hat, I just thought..." Sera waved it off with an awkward grin. "Don't worry about it, that happens all the time..." 

She shuffled back to where Shinichi stood waiting and tore open the envelope. After reading the instructions she handed him a folded sheet of lined paper, said, "The hint is 'double-agent...'" and walked off. "Oi, where're you going?!" 

Sera shrugged. "My instructions said to give you the hint and the paper, and go investigate whatever I thought was relevant. I guess we're supposed to work separately, but toward the same end..." She waved and disappeared through the front doors of the hotel. Shinichi sighed and opened the paper he'd been given, reading it silently.

'Kudo Shinichi, no doubt you have discovered the names of the enemy and ally by now... Your other opponent is the one who will be monitoring you for me on an initiation mission. The third is my newest acquisition: Amontillado.'

From across the lobby, a girl with blood-red hair watched Shinichi's movements. The smile returned below her blue-grey eyes as from her headphones, a voice finished its recital. "In pace requiescat."
  • Upvote 4