Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea

when will they release a movie 17 w/ sub because in the page im watching detective conan's movies, the movie 17 in there is in raw version i hope there is another page with that movie w/ sub....

It'll take a few months, most probably o:

when will they release a movie 17 w/ sub because in the page im watching detective conan's movies, the movie 17 in there is in raw version i hope there is another page with that movie w/ sub....

Hubuki subs already made part one of the movie, but part two won't come out until their exams are finished and they should release the full movie.

I rather wait for the subs I:

It's not like I hate Ran or anything, but whyy does she always have to be the one in danger D:

whyyyy T n T but i guess thats just me

Either way, I'm still quite excited c:

Make a movie with Haibara or Conan in danger!,

(Well, Movie 15 did the 2nd, but I will RELIGOUSLY watch the movies if they do the first)

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that links to download or watching sites are not allowed in the forum, so please don't post them in any form (directly or indirectly). Those are highly illegal and DCW would get in trouble if they're found out, even if we're not the one hosting them. We have been visited by lawyers in the past for something similar so I don't think anyone would want that to happen again. I personally would like to encourage everyone to support the Detective Conan franchise as much as you can by purchasing official releases.

If you want to tell someone that something has been subbed, just post a small announcement without pointing to where people can find it. If somebody are interested, they can search for it themselves.

Thank you all for your cooperation!

• Upvote 1

Kamigami-Raws released 720p BD rip RAW. Quality is far from ideal, but it's wa-a-a-ay better than old 480p DVD rip. Download links are not allowed, so, look for it in your regular places. Also, I've resynced M-L's English subtitles for Kamigami-Raws's release, so, it's possible to watch the movie in 720p now (I'm sure M-L will make a proper 720p release soon, but for now it's better than nothing). Not sure if it's allowed here to post download links for subtitle files, so, check out my TUMBLR blog if you need English subtitles by The Moonlighters, resynced for Kamigami-Raws 720p release in IDX/SUB format.

I personally would like to encourage everyone to support the Detective Conan franchise as much as you can by purchasing official releases.

I think that any real fan should support the original media as much as possible. But let's not forget that there's a lot of countries in which there's no official releases and there's no even official English release of this movie, so, English fansub is the only way to watch it. Original media in this case is for collection purposes only and to support CONAN with money. Fansub and piracy is a totally different things. But yeah, supporting the original media is must!

I think that any real fan should support the original media as much as possible. But let's not forget that there's a lot of countries in which there's no official releases and there's no even official English release of this movie, so, English fansub is the only way to watch it. Original media in this case is for collection purposes only and to support CONAN with money. Fansub and piracy is a totally different things. But yeah, supporting the original media is must!

Yes, by "official releases" I mostly meant original Japanese materials. Other than Germany, I don't know of any non-Asia country that still releases Conan movie DVDs/BDs. I don't have anything against fansub, I also collect them if necessary, but what I want to emphasize are their possible effects to DCW, and also to whoever that provides raws and subs these materials, therefore linking is a no-go. I don't know how you define piracy (so I won't argue to that), but no matter how you look at it, fansub is still illegal. In order to sub a movie, you have to rip the content from the disk and then distribute it (that alone is against the laws/policies). Regardless of the language of the sub, the whole audio, soundtrack, musics... are still in Japanese (i.e it's still a Japanese movie which got ripped from a legally protected Japanese disk), so TMS or whoever having the legal rights to the content can perfectly take them down if they want to, because they'll affect the sales in their country. This explains why many high-quality subbed materials don't survive long on sites like Youtube.

no matter how you look at it, fansub is still illegal

Technically - yes, of course, because people who do the job don't have any right. Practically, it's much more fair than what FUNimation and other people like them doing. In my country, for example, there's no official releases of any Conan media (you can't find a single badge, or poster here, there's almost no fansub and people don't even know about the series), so I should import. But there's a law that allows the right owners to ask government and block websites by IPs in the net. So, I can't access DCTP website and the whole wordpress without using a proxy, just because it's not allowed. So, basically, even though there's no official media in my country and I can't buy Conan stuff without paying extra for delivery from the other countries (and praying that postal service won't break it, since postal service here is a complete mess), there was an ask from FUNimation to block a lot of websites with Conan to my country. Why? Just because they have rights. Should I pay respect for such a people? Or should I pay respect for people, who do a much better translation and letting me watch it for free, even though copyrights owners is on them? For me it's obvious. So, if fansubbing is a piracy, so be it. It's a fair piracy and I'm supporting it (just my personal opinion, I respect rules here and not posting any links, etc). Because my policy is - if you can't let people buy the same thing, then do not interfere. And since none of the official translators usually do their job as they should (FUNimation and their ruined version of Conan aside, there's a lot of manga published in my country, for example, and I'm buying almost everything since I'm a bookworm, but in the end I'm reading scanlations, because official translations suck way too hard), fansub is like a heaven on earth for me. Since we talking about Conan here, I think it's obvious that all of us buying Conan media when they can (even though for people like me it's like 100+$ for a single disc in the end), but in the end, even if you'll buy the disc, you'll need a translation and even if you'll get one as a separate file, it's pain in the neck to add subtitles to your DVD, or blu-ray. So, I'll keep using fansubs and I honestly don't care about copyright owners. The most important things are not copyrights. It's your pride as a fan. As a fan you MUST support your favorite media with all you can. Everything else is just a details. So, technically, I'm a pirate, because I have like 6Tb of various Conan fansub on my external HDDs. But practically I'm not, because I'm supporting Conan even though it wasn't officially released in my country. Same with the other manga / anime. The problem is - copyright owners will never ever understand it. FUNimation, for example, think that if they released a ruined translation of some early episodes in States, they have rights to fight people like DCTP, who worked hard to let us understand the fresh series. And technically yes, they have rights and they have papers to prove it. But practically - screw FUNimation. That's my opinion.

But all that aside, for those, who don't like to have a hard time while trying to add English subtitles to their blu-rays, there's a 1080p RAW by Kamigami-Raws available now and you can find resynced subtitles from M-L for that version in my TUMBLR blog. Quick resync, just for the time before M-L will do a proper HQ release.

:wub: :wub:فيه ناس يسبونه بس انا اعجبني صراحة مررررره
يعني اقل شي احسن من الفلم 16 و 14 الي جد كانت كارثة حتى مع ان واحد فيه كيد وكذا بس مع ذلك ماصخ موب زي افلام كونان اول
المهم يعني حلو بس المشكلة اذا صار فلم لازم يخلون كثير ناس في خطر ولازم ينقذهم كل ابوهم
:blush: :blush:ومع ذلك نحبه ياخي مانقدر

Mod edit: Google translate says:
Esponh the people, but I liked it explicitly Mrrrrrh

Shi means less is better than the film, 16 and 14 to the grandfather was a disaster, even with that one, as well as the Kid, but with that Mack MOB Zee Movies Conan first

Important means sweet, but did not become a problem if necessary evacuate many people are in danger and we have to save them all their father?
However l love íÇÎí Mangdr

:wub: :wub:فيه ناس يسبونه بس انا اعجبني صراحة مررررره 

يعني اقل شي احسن من الفلم 16 و 14 الي جد كانت كارثة حتى مع ان واحد فيه كيد وكذا بس مع ذلك ماصخ موب زي افلام كونان اول

المهم يعني حلو بس المشكلة اذا صار فلم لازم يخلون كثير ناس في خطر ولازم ينقذهم كل ابوهم

:blush: :blush:ومع ذلك نحبه ياخي مانقدر 

Please speak in English so others can understand you.

I've just watch the movie ....And i disagree with the others. Though this movie has probably the same ending,its uniquely different..

I knew Ran would be saved ....but.... when i saw her drowning in the sea, i rly thought she's goin to die,,,and i kinda almost cried when i see Conan sheds a tear....(4 the first time)...i would say this is one of the best movie i've ever watch....(but when ran sank into the sea,and suddenly shinichi came to pick her up,,that dont rly make sense though)

BUT THEN, I will always support Detective Conan!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I've just watch the movie ....And i disagree with the others. Though this movie has probably the same ending,its uniquely different..

I knew Ran would be saved ....but.... when i saw her drowning in the sea, i rly thought she's goin to die,,,and i kinda almost cried when i see Conan sheds a tear....(4 the first time)...i would say this is one of the best movie i've ever watch....(but when ran sank into the sea,and suddenly shinichi came to pick her up,,that dont rly make sense though)

BUT THEN, I will always support Detective Conan!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Of corse Ran wouldn't die. Movies are not canon.

But that Conan-is-crying scene? Perfect!

That Shinichi scene? It was just a hallucination.

But it isn't really one of the best movies I ever watched.....

I found the movie ok and that climax was amazing, finding the lost ran and catching the people was really exciting.

Also the way Kazuha thought it was the end of the world when Heiji got shot was funny.

REALLY? Aww~ I'm verry happy

I always wanted ran and shinichi dating. But that means the detective conan ending

Umm, what are you saying?  I don't think you're posting in the right thread, and please don't double post.  Or dig up dead topics.