Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea

I thought 14 and 11 were pretty decent. :3 They should really start coming up with more unique concepts though -__- Phantom in Baker Street was one of the better ones... that said, Countdown to Heaven will always remain my favourite

I'm really not impressed by the 90 second trailer, as I had hoped I would be unfortunately.

Things I noticed off the top of my head (might go back and do a thorough rewatch when I have time):

1. Conan has a knife/dagger in his belt (new gadget?)

2. The criminal(s) has/have two different voices (more than one bad guy?)

3. I saw Kou Shibasaki's in-movie character briefly

4. Ran fights a bad guy, reminding me of movie 13

5. Heiji and Kazuha seem to be more involved this time, like movie 7

6. The song is... meh...

7. The art quality is... meh...

If my expectations are low, I guess I might be pleasantly surprised like with movie 16.

Movie spoilers including killer

the spy is the one who have the knife in his belt als conan has new invention a phone like communicator and a USB in the wristwatch also you are right there are two bad guys actually the other guy son was kinapped by the true spy i guess because i already watched the raw in the youtube before it was deleted so i feel lucky hahaha :) conan is crying because he think ran is dead because the spy while having a fight, ran fell to the ocean while her vest is being removed by the spy and conan cant think what to do but suddenly there was a signal in the radar that is unknown then conan thinks of an idea the helicopter was flew above the signal so it will allow ran to breathe and being saved but the ending part is i dont know because i dont completely watch it but amost :) the story was god :) so exciting like spy hahaha but conan smetimes a little bit a funny hahaha :0 when he is about to kick the ball to the sy he was slipped because of kogoros calling card and also you expect to have a wuiz "3 a pun again hahaha :3 agasa and haibara were in a hotel  i guess hahaha :) i am amazedin the new gadget! i want it hahaha :) well the killer is Masaaki Kurata i dont clearly know his motive because it is RAW but anyway that is all information i have :)

100px-Masaaki_Kurata.jpg

It is due to release in Singapore theatres (Cathay) from 5th September onwards (TOMORROW!) I'll be watching it on Friday because it's teachers' day~

YAY DC movie on the big screen. :D Can't wait ~~~~  :D

Well, from the trailers that I have seen so far, I think this one somehow will be quite different from the last two :) (I hope so!).

Can't wait to see it really!!!!

Private eye in the distant sea was awesome!!!! So much love, it made me cry. Conan cried for the first time in detective conan history!!! so exciting, More flashbacks about Ran and Shinichi in Tropical Land and it was so romantic and if anybody has not seen it, you have to, it's so wonderful, they are such a good couple!

Also, not to offend any AiCon fans, there is hope in both relationships!

Moderator note: Please don't double-post. You can always edit your original post by clicking the "Edit" button.

Private eye in the distant sea was awesome!!!! So much love, it made me cry. Conan cried for the first time in detective conan history!!! so exciting, More flashbacks about Ran and Shinichi in Tropical Land and it was so romantic and if anybody has not seen it, you have to, it's so wonderful, they are such a good couple!

have you seen it english subbed?

Movie spoilers including killer

the spy is the one who have the knife in his belt als conan has new invention a phone like communicator and a USB in the wristwatch also you are right there are two bad guys actually the other guy son was kinapped by the true spy i guess because i already watched the raw in the youtube before it was deleted so i feel lucky hahaha :) conan is crying because he think ran is dead because the spy while having a fight, ran fell to the ocean while her vest is being removed by the spy and conan cant think what to do but suddenly there was a signal in the radar that is unknown then conan thinks of an idea the helicopter was flew above the signal so it will allow ran to breathe and being saved but the ending part is i dont know because i dont completely watch it but amost :) the story was god :) so exciting like spy hahaha but conan smetimes a little bit a funny hahaha :0 when he is about to kick the ball to the sy he was slipped because of kogoros calling card and also you expect to have a wuiz "3 a pun again hahaha :3 agasa and haibara were in a hotel  i guess hahaha :) i am amazedin the new gadget! i want it hahaha :) well the killer is Masaaki Kurata i dont clearly know his motive because it is RAW but anyway that is all information i have :)

100px-Masaaki_Kurata.jpg

please..can you tell me where did you watch it?

please..can you tell me where did you watch it?

its not out in subbed yet  but it is out in like hindu (forget which language) subbed and i think people are just interpreting stuff

Hubuki finished about 50% of translation, so, it's not so long now. But I think that most of the fans already watched it without any subs ^_^ Amazing movie. One of my favorites now. it's all about an action, but that's the right way for the movies.

Hubuki released their fansub for the first part of the movie. Check out Hubuki's blog. Only DailyMotion, no download, but still, if anyone haven't watched the movie yet, you can start now ~_^ You can expect second part in the next week.

Im not that big of a fan on hubuki subs, but kaitou subs are good and MLs. Probably going to wait for one of these 2

Well something is better than nothing... For someone who knows nothing more than moshi moshi in Japanese... :P

But sure want to know when are MLs releasing theirs..?

Im not that big of a fan on hubuki subs, but kaitou subs are good and MLs. Probably going to wait for one of these 2

Then it'll be better to wait for a HQ BD rip. Current 480p RAWs is ugly. But hey! For many of us it's all about how fast you can get it. Especially since re-watching value of this movie is high ^_^ I watched it for like 5 times already and still can't get enough of it. Especiall of the second part, the one that starts AROUND 1:17 ^_^

But sure want to know when are MLs releasing theirs..?

"As for updates on what's going on with movie 17, here's the deal. Our translator is currently extremely busy with university work and doesn't have a lot of time to spare for Conan. We would really appreciate if somebody would be willing to help us translate the movie at a more reasonable pace — it's currently about 30% translated." ~ M-L's official website.

I rather wait for the subs I:
It's not like I hate Ran or anything, but whyy does she always have to be the one in danger D:

whyyyy T n T but i guess thats just me
Either way, I'm still quite excited c:

• Upvote 1

Even if I really wanted to, I don't have much time to study Japanese D: But I really wanna learn >.<
I'm most probably gonna do some self-study on the language on my next summer vacation C:

when will they release a movie 17 w/ sub because in the page im watching detective conan's movies, the movie 17 in there is in raw version i hope there is another page with that movie w/ sub....