Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea

I'm really not impressed by the 90 second trailer, as I had hoped I would be unfortunately.

Things I noticed off the top of my head (might go back and do a thorough rewatch when I have time):

1. Conan has a knife/dagger in his belt (new gadget?)

2. The criminal(s) has/have two different voices (more than one bad guy?)

3. I saw Kou Shibasaki's in-movie character briefly

4. Ran fights a bad guy, reminding me of movie 13

5. Heiji and Kazuha seem to be more involved this time, like movie 7

6. The song is... meh...

7. The art quality is... meh...

If my expectations are low, I guess I might be pleasantly surprised like with movie 16. 

I'm really not impressed by the 90 second trailer, as I had hoped I would be unfortunately.

Things I noticed off the top of my head (might go back and do a thorough rewatch when I have time):

1. Conan has a knife/dagger in his belt (new gadget?)

2. The criminal(s) has/have two different voices (more than one bad guy?)

3. I saw Kou Shibasaki's in-movie character briefly

4. Ran fights a bad guy, reminding me of movie 13

5. Heiji and Kazuha seem to be more involved this time, like movie 7

6. The song is... meh...

7. The art quality is... meh...

If my expectations are low, I guess I might be pleasantly surprised like with movie 16. 

I know what you mean. Guess this movie is gonna make more like a battle movie than a mystery movie. 

Is this going to be subbed by one of the DC Sub Groups? 

Most likely, but not sure who's going to sub it.

DCTP is unfortunately now out of the question for English subs.  Hubuki Subs seems to be doing a pretty good job with the episodes, so maybe they'll still be around for next October's DVD release.  They're small and only just started when DCTP announced they would terminate subbing anime episodes.  Unfortunately, because they're new, their subs aren't perfect but I'm sure they'll improve over time.  If you want to keep up to date with their releases, their blogspot is the best option and also the easiest place to find their videos --> http://hubuki.blogspot.com/

I'm not completely familiar with non-English subs, but to my knowledge MCT-Fansubs is reliable for Arabic subs and is still active.

DCTP is unfortunately now out of the question for English subs.  Hubuki Subs seems to be doing a pretty good job with the episodes, so maybe they'll still be around for next October's DVD release.  They're small and only just started when DCTP announced they would terminate subbing anime episodes.  Unfortunately, because they're new, their subs aren't perfect but I'm sure they'll improve over time.  If you want to keep up to date with their releases, their blogspot is the best option and also the easiest place to find their videos --> http://hubuki.blogspot.com/

I'm not completely familiar with non-English subs, but to my knowledge MCT-Fansubs is reliable for Arabic subs and is still active.

Just went to the site you linked. Most of their episodes are no longer online. The links are dead. :(

I been watching Hubuki subs since they first started making subs (I think it was around mid 600s) and I think Hubuki is a good subgroup. Lately, they're behind from anime, because of school work, but I don't mind waiting on them.

I got totally confidence on Hubuki if they decided to sub for movie 17.

I hope someone buys the rights to the english anime dub from Funimation.

Id love an official DUB of this. 

I love DC, but im getting tired of subs. 

The voices in CC were not that bad, in fact, i prefer them imo.

No offence, but this is really the movie I think I'm least excited about. What is this going to be anyway? Some other version of Strategy Above The Depths?

P.S: I really miss the old movies (bar the animation)

Same thing every year, you'd think people would be aware by now.

Available in october when the DVD comes out in Japan. Until then, you might get cam-rips if the film is released in other asian countries, but even that's not sure.

I stopped liking DC movies after the 13th movie..I dunno why the story went downhill after that. I can't even remember what's movie 14. I hope they would have another movie with the Black Org, or maybe let's just forget conan's story with Ran, since it's going nowhere. Miwako and Takagi has a better love story line.. even shiratori and kobayashi-sensei. Chiba's story looks promising as well. 

Wish they would think of a better plot next time....

I stopped liking DC movies after the 13th movie..I dunno why the story went downhill after that. I can't even remember what's movie 14. I hope they would have another movie with the Black Org, or maybe let's just forget conan's story with Ran, since it's going nowhere. Miwako and Takagi has a better love story line.. even shiratori and kobayashi-sensei. Chiba's story looks promising as well. 

I would agree but again, it a movie... =/