Detective Conan World
Misaki-chan

Secret Santa

Secret Santa Poll!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we push back the reveal date to the 25th?

Second DCW Secret Santa Event!

Since I know Secret Santa was a huge hit last year on DCW, AiSuigetsu and I have decided to run the event together this year (since sadly, I'm not sure if lashedcheek is going to come back in time (or at all) to run the SS event like she did last year =X)

So, taken from her first Secret Santa topic with additions by me, here's some Secret Santa FAQ:

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition, in which members of a group or community are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practised in workplaces, or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. It offers a way for many people to give and receive a gift at low cost to those involved. (Taken from Wikipedia)

Who can join?

Everyone, as long as you love DC and are willing to spend some time to make or search for a gift for your baby! The more, the merrier! :D Remember, once you sign up and the deadline for dropping out has past, it is obligatory to give a gift! Tears are a no-no during the holidays!

What kind of gifts should we give?

Anything Detective Conan, ergo, the possibilities are endless! You may write a fanfic, create an artwork like a banner, an AMV or a wallpaper, search for a DC song that your baby likes, etc.

Can we create wishlists?

Yes, you may! Just make a post here. I'll be constantly updating this post. As for what to put in it, put your top 3 DC characters you want (though, you may kindly suggest a scene you would like to see as well, though your santa may or may not do it). If you want, you may add some non-DC related things to your wish list. PLEASE MAKE A WISHLIST. It makes things easier for your Santa to know what to make you.

So why are there two of you running the event?

Well, originally, I wanted to run the event, but didn't want to know who I got (or who got me) since that takes out the surprise element, so I asked AiSu to help me out in that regard. And since she wants to participate and have the surprise element as well, we decided it'd make sense to split the list of people entering in half (as to how things will be randomized, that is to be voted about via poll). As a result, you will be receiving your Secret Santa PM from either me or AiSu.

Dates to look out for!

~November 21st - Last day to sign up for the Secret Santa event! It will be closed midnight EST. After that, you cannot join, drop out or change your wish list.

~November 22nd-23rd - AiSu and I will send out PMs telling you who your baby is along with their wishlist. From the second you get your baby, you can start working on your gift.

~December 24th - Reveal! :o Everyone finds out who their santa was~

Dates as to when presents should be posted (or if they should just be PMed, etc.) will be added once I get an idea of what you guys want to do. Any suggestions/questions you have can be posted here or PMed to me/AiSu. ^^ This thread will be under change often, so check here for updates~ I'll also announce things via status for big things like deadlines and whatnot.

ADDED: People who have turned in a wish list have been linked to it.

1. Misaki-chan

2. AiSuigetsu

3. Anime Girl 4 Eva

4. Monsi (dropped out)

5. HalfAngel (dropped out)

6. Stopwatch

7. Wicky

8. PhiBrainChild

9. The Banana Massacrer

10. Emerald

11. Yoyo Illuser

12. OTTD Player

13. Ren-kun

14. Wildheart888

15. Akai Sera

16. Mohorovicic

17. Akakata

18. Diamond

19. Granoith

20. Saiki-chan

• Upvote 4

*is prodded to make wishlist by Twin*

Hmmm.....well, I don't want to be too specific, really, since creativity is always a plus.

Basically, surprise me. Doesn't even have to be directly related to DC. However, if it is, I'm a ShinRan ^^

And if it's not related to DC, I like various animes. Here's a link to the animes I've seen:

Added to this list is:

Sket Dance, SAO, Arcana Famiglia

And the ones I'm currently watching:

Kamisama Hajimemashita, K, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Code:Breaker, and Zetsuen no Tempest

Count me in, please. :D

I'd prefer DC-related gifts. :P

Dropped out

Edited by Monsi

I probably won't do it (put down as maybe just in case) but I'd be glad to help with organizing and randomizing if that'll take the pressure off of you and AiSu.

This is currently my situation as well.

<3 Thanks guys~ I'll be sure to ask one of you then once the sign up period has past.

The AiSui and Misaki communist regime has taken over secret santa

:V

Sign me up too, but are the gift strctly DC related? Some people might want to give or recieve something different.

Well, there's no rule against it, so I don't see why not. But for your wish list, you should try and have at least one DC related thing on there.

Put me down for now :lol:, though I may have to pull out before the first deadline 'cause I've got mock exams in December for all subjects :|.

Hmmm... I've no preferences at all x:.

I hope this works out though, I really liked the DCTP one last year so~! :D

Hmm, I think I will join, but I may pull out. Oh and by the way, I really don't want to dissappoint anyone with my artwork, as my writing also dreadful... I could try art, but it would be a digital signature banner, background, or desktop.

As I've already replied on the status, count me in.

Although, I don't have any kind of a wishlist, and neither do I plan to. I personally think that it would be a greater challenge and more interesting to put a bit of your effort into figuring out and making something, hoping that receiver will like it. If everyone puts a wishlist, then the excitingly mysterious feeling of a gift will be weaker (if not gone at all).

About the way to give out the presents, I'm up for the option two. Well, this is my picture of how should it look like:

- Everyone will send the links leading to the gifts they've made to Misaki-chan or AiSuigetsu

- When the time is right, they'll make an official list of who was who's Secret Santa, along with the links

As for the randomizing, I'll suggest this:

- Put every participant under a number

- Use a random number generator and generate numbers within the range equal to the number of participants

- Each number will be a Secret Santa to the number after it

Might as well. :V Can't say I have much of a wish list, and was gonna post what Phi did (He psychic so he arrive early O^O). So yea I'm joining.

Although, I don't have any kind of a wishlist, and neither do I plan to. I personally think that it would be a greater challenge and more interesting to put a bit of your effort into figuring out and making something, hoping that receiver will like it. If everyone puts a wishlist, then the excitingly mysterious feeling of a gift will be weaker (if not gone at all).

Well, IMO, not everyone can make something without any idea what the person wants. You may be able to, but there probably will be others that can't do that since they need at least a vague idea as to what their baby wants. As a result, I do as that EVERYONE make a wish list before the deadline. You can be as vague as you want (for all I care, you could put down one character's name and that be it), but at least have a wish list.

About the way to give out the presents, I'm up for the option two. Well, this is my picture of how should it look like:

- Everyone will send the links leading to the gifts they've made to Misaki-chan or AiSuigetsu

- When the time is right, they'll make an official list of who was who's Secret Santa, along with the links

As for the randomizing, I'll suggest this:

- Put every participant under a number

- Use a random number generator and generate numbers within the range equal to the number of participants

- Each number will be a Secret Santa to the number after it

BTW, adding on to Option 2, if we do it, there will be a deadline as to when you turn in your present. You are to meet it unless you have a very good reason not to.

.... So more or less Option 2 but with numbers? =X

Christmas Eve (Dec. 24): The Grand Reveal (of presents)

Day After Christmas (Dec. 26): The Grand Reveal (of Secret Santas)

Also...Misaki and AiSu, wouldn't it just be easier for one person who isn't participating to arrange everything?

Christmas Eve (Dec. 24): The Grand Reveal (of presents)

Day After Christmas (Dec. 26): The Grand Reveal (of Secret Santas)

Also...Misaki and AiSu, wouldn't it just be easier for one person who isn't participating to arrange everything?

Probably would, but if someone not participating arranged everything, then that'd defeat the purpose of us running the event =X

Randomization using the number generation won't work so well, I think. Each person participating should list what they are capable of doing, and each person should be matched with a Secret Santa that is capable of making the wish.

Kinda awkward if I would be, say, drawing for someone. =X

Randomization using the number generation won't work so well, I think. Each person participating should list what they are capable of doing, and each person should be matched with a Secret Santa that is capable of making the wish.

Kinda awkward if I would be, say, drawing for someone. =X

What do you mean? Like, someone says "I want to get a drawing of Conan!", and as a result we pick their Santa out of the people who can draw? But what if there were too many requests for certain things like stories and not enough people willing to write?

Oh I'm sure you could draw a lovely Santa tornado for someone :P Though the reason why I was having the wish list be only characters with an optional scene that their santa may or may not do is because of the fact that it gives a bit of structure but not so much that they can do what their good at (For example: if someone wanted Heiji, their Santa could draw them some Heiji fan art, write them a Heiji fanfic, do a Heiji AMV, etc.)

Too lazy to do any actual work, so here's my wishlist :D

ANYTHING KUROSHITSUJI RELATED (PREFERABLY CIELxSEBBY YAOI THOUGH...)

Vocaloid

Katanagatari

Steins; Gate

xxxHOLiC

[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Guilty Crown

Hanatan(xPokota if possible xD)

Akiakane

ConanxAi

Any medium would be fine, though if you find you don't like any of my preferences then a drawing of anything you like please :)

My preferred giving medium (more like the only thing I can do...) would be drawing.

*Waves arm* Oh oh oh, I would, me, Yoyo wants to join in the Secret Santa-ness! Pick me!

I'll post my wishlist as well. Ahem. As everyone can tell I'm a really big pairing fan, especially for Detective Conan. My wishlist would be anything having to do with my favorite pairings. I'll post my top...Mmmmm, 5.

1. Shinichi/Ran ((I also like Conan/Ran, take from that whatever you wish))

2. Mitsuhiko/Ai

3. Heiji/Kazuha

4. Takagi/Sato

5. Makoto/Sonoko

Other than that, I love fics, all different types of fics. The use of APTX-4869, amnesia, body swapping, angst, pain, drama, romance, comedy, and/or lots of emotions. Okay so I'm not really picky about what's in the fics, just the pairings I suppose. I like pictures, as well as AMVs, banners, the works. So yeah, not too picky, just a pairing fanatic^^

I suppose I should put some non DC related subjects of my obsession here as well...

Death Note: Anything Raito-Kira/L or Mello/Near related

Sherlock: BBC or otherwise, Sherlock/John of course

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Homura x Madoka or Kyouko x Sayaka

Avatar the Last Airbender: Aang/Katara, Sokka/Suki, Zuko/Mai, Toph/The Duke, or Azula/Ty Lee

*In regards to the poll, number 2#, I voted other, and I'd like to explain why. I think that come the time for presents to be given out, we should have everyone give their gifts to their presentee, then have a thread where the people given gifts share what they have gotten. I often participated in the Sims 2 Secret Santa events on another website, and it worked out very well. This allows the ones being given the gifts to share, and talk about what they've been given.

Okay, here's the wishlist:

- Kudou Shinichi/Miyano Shiho

- Daimon Kaito

- Professor Stein

Notice: For whoever that will be my Secret Santa, there's really no need to choose from any of those three options. Feel free to make anything that you'll like as much as I will. Though in case you really don't know what to make, I guess that list will help you out, at least a bit.

Probably would, but if someone not participating arranged everything, then that'd defeat the purpose of us running the event =X

=X

What do you mean? Like, someone says "I want to get a drawing of Conan!", and as a result we pick their Santa out of the people who can draw? But what if there were too many requests for certain things like stories and not enough people willing to write?

Oh I'm sure you could draw a lovely Santa tornado for someone :P Though the reason why I was having the wish list be only characters with an optional scene that their santa may or may not do is because of the fact that it gives a bit of structure but not so much that they can do what their good at (For example: if someone wanted Heiji, their Santa could draw them some Heiji fan art, write them a Heiji fanfic, do a Heiji AMV, etc.)

That would complicate things too much. I mean, listing what you're capable of doing and matching people up, etc. This is just a "for fun" event to participate in. No pressure or anything about being amazing at drawing or whatever.

That would complicate things too much. I mean, listing what you're capable of doing and matching people up, etc. This is just a "for fun" event to participate in. No pressure or anything about being amazing at drawing or whatever.

I didn't really think that there was a need to actually state this.