Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

My theory is that Vermouth was caught in the fire that 'killed' Sharon Vineyard and took the APTX as an experiment because she was hurt too much to even hope for a chance at living. Miraculously, it worked, and they've been trying to replicate that again.

Hmm. But would a BO member be so careless?

Hmm. But would a BO member be so careless?

Even a BO member isn't on guard all the time. Remember Calvados? And how Akai managed to shoot Vermouth? Well, I imagine she was sleeping while the house was set on fire.

They said something about waking up the dead ones...maybe it has to do something with it..

Havent anyone of you ever wondered what Vermouth was doing in New York disguised as a murderer..what was the goal behind her disguise...i think that there is more it than meets the eye! :blink:

Havent anyone of you ever wondered what Vermouth was doing in New York disguised as a murderer..what was the goal behind her disguise...i think that there is more it than meets the eye!
She was trying to lure out Akai Shuuichi and kill him in NY.

Wow vermouths case is harder to figure out then the boss , okiya subaru and scar akai

I agree...

maybe the parents of ai have something to do with it... O.O

If Shuu was the boss, he already knows about Conan and Haibara. Why hasn't he done anything yet? If Akai was the boss that means he has shot at his underlings multiple times to the point where they say Akai is an enemy in "private conversation" (i.e. no one except Black Org listening in so there is no reason to trick anyone). Also, Shuu didn't lie about Vermouth being young: when his shotgun blast grazed Vermouth's face, you could see her face bleeding which demonstrated that she wasn't wearing a mask and thus her youthful appearance was her true face. It was Jodie who did the examination of Sharon and Chris's fingerprints, so she would have to be in on the deception too along with Akai.

Now that was stupid, thinking that shuu is the boss

I agree...

maybe the parents of ai have something to do with it... O.O

That is a most likely the case

I'm pretty sure her youth has something to do with APTX 4869. First off, I don't think Vermouth/Sharon has taken the drug multiple times, because given the way APTX 4869 works, multiple doses would probably be very dangerous. I think that rather than taking 10 years off one's life, the formula is different depending on the maturity of the individual. It could take off around 56% of someone's age, or it might be a much more complex equation not yet determined (which is more likely). Or maybe the version Vermouth took is different from Shinichi and Shiho. But anyway, we also have to wonder why Sharon took the APTX 4869. So here are two ideas that might work, but could also be completely wrong.

I think Sharon took the APTX 4869 around 3 years before the current story, because that's when Chris Vineyard (her younger self) suddenly appeared in the world (at least if I remember correctly). If the effect of the drug was unpredictable when Shinichi was forced to take it, it was probably just as unpredictable, if not more so, when Sharon took it. Maybe Sharon messed up on a mission, so she was forced to become a test subject? Then, with the results as they were, the organization had to keep Sharon to further study the drug. In that case, the de-aging effects of the drug were probably confidential, even among the members of the organization, which is why Gin unwittingly gave the drug to Shinichi. Being forced to test the drug could also explain why Sharon wants her silver bullet to succeed in taking down the organization. But then how did she go from there to being the boss's favorite? And I feel like Gin would know about the drug, given how high up he is in the organization.

So for another idea, maybe Vermouth was indeed the boss's favorite three years ago. In that case, maybe they were able to somehow anticipate the APTX 4869 would make Sharon more youthful. Maybe the individuals with some specific feature of their biology are affected favorably while others die. So Vermouth, as the boss's favorite, took the APTX 4869 as a bit of a present from him. But if that's true, then someone in the organization must have noticed that Shinichi would have been affected like Vermouth. Maybe not, since it could be some super obscure biological feature that they could only discover through directly testing Shinichi. But if that's true, then I don't think Gin would randomly be given a set of APTX 4869 pills with which to conduct assassinations, because he could be unwittingly shrinking any of their targets. Also, why would Sharon want her Silver Bullet to succeed? What could have fueled her grudge against the organization?

I think either of these possibilities could work. There are a few unanswered questions that I highlighted in both ideas, but I don't think it would be too difficult to explain them away. I was thinking of including my explanations to further support the ideas, but they have little to do with Vermouth's youth and more to do with my wild and crazy speculations for the overall plot, so I decided to save them for another thread.

awesome deducting skills ^^

We already know she's the same person as Sharon Vineyard. Theres no way that suddenly she disappeared and have a daughter appear from nowhere. Its to say, that if she is the same person, she has definitely shrunk. Theres no way Anokata wouldnt know about this. Therefore, I believe it has something to do with what the boss was trying to find. Maybe a perfect drug which had turned Vermouth young again? Prob the reason why she is the boss's favourite.

Therefore, I believe it has something to do with what the boss was trying to find. Maybe a perfect drug which had turned Vermouth young again? Prob the reason why she is the boss's favourite.

Definitely the way I lean on this issue except I subscribe to the Vermouth-is-not-aging rather than got-younger-all-of-a-sudden theory.

^ So you mean there could be two possibilities.

One is such that, she and her alleged "mother" could have been the same people with two different identities.

OR

She could have been using her mother's identity all along and her mother is a different person altogether. AND throughout the years she has not aged. o.o

Anyways, sidetrack: When I saw Vermouth when she was in Jodie's house, I thought she looked like Jodie...

it goes something like this

In ep 286 she mentioned her mother died when she was about to receive an award. Then chris received an award but before she got it sharon died

could be that she kills other of her personalties when needs to