Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

Links fixed Chekhov has hijacked the first post! Please make suggestions. Finished up to page 14 - first pass, may do a second pass for shorter responses

List of the best posts about what is causing Vermouth's abnormal youth.

If you are thinking of replying to any of the posts, please remember some of the users who made these posts are no longer active and may not reply. Also, just because a user gives evidence in support or against a certain theory doesn't mean they believe it. Some people like to change their minds, test out an idea, or play devil's advocate.

Commentary by Username

•jebbifurzz P1 P2 P3 - Vermouth took APTX 4869 (part of a debate)

•detectiveshinichi - Discussion of Org's goal, and Vermouth did not use APTX, instead something else a long time ago stopped her aging

•Chekhov MacGuffin P1 P2 P3 P4 - Vermouth did not take APTX, Sharon's mother may be Vermouth as well (part of a debate with DetectiveSherry)

•DetectiveSherry P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 - Vermouth was not Sharon's mother, took APTX ten years ago (part of a debate with Chekhov MacGuffin)

•Kyuuketsuki - Sharon trained Chris to perfectly take over her identity.

•Black Demon - Vermouth has a baby, possibly an abnormal baby.

•Black Demon - Vermouth's body is currently youthful, thus she didn't have plastic surgery

•ValleyofFear P1 P2 P3 - Sharon and Chris are separate people, the fingerprints were fakes (part of a debate with Chekhov MacGuffin)

•Chekhov MacGuffin P1 P2 - Sharon and Chris are the same person, the fingerprints could not be faked, timeline of Vermouth's past assuming Sharon and Chris are the same person. (part of a debate with ValleyofFear)

Similar Interest threads

The goal of the Black Organization

APTX 4869

Itakura's computer program

What's The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth?

What do you think the reason behind Vermouth's youth!?

I have a unimaginable guess why she looked younger than her age! Do you want to hear it? Hahahahahahahhahaha! Maybe she swallowed the same drug that Shinichi Kudo and Shiho Miyano swallowed! APTX4869??? Hah! So, what do you think? Discuss it here!

• Upvote 1

But there is a possibility that she may have died after drinking APTX 4869. And, she isn't sure that it's safe. Why should she drink it then?

Maybe she intends to commit suicide like Sherry, or maybe she mistook it for a medicine? You never know~

She may have gone under a facial operation

Ah yes, I have thought of that too¬ But usually, if a famous actress were to perform a facial surgery, that will be a big news¬ although, it's a different case is she did that secretly XD but there's a possibility that she took the drug right??

PhantomAi agrees with my opinion :smile:

Ah yes, I have thought of that too¬ But usually, if a famous actress were to perform a facial surgery, that will be a big news¬ although, it's a different case is she did that secretly XD but there's a possibility that she took the drug right??

PhantomAi agrees with my opinion :smile:

I suppose that such a big organization have doctors too...or else who healed gin's cheek bone

Hmm... my guess is.... ZOMBIE WITH PLASTIC SURGERY!

jk, i agree with the APTX 4869 theory, and i think she takes it over and over again since it seems that it won't kill her.

• Upvote 1

Hmm... my guess is.... ZOMBIE WITH PLASTIC SURGERY!

jk, i agree with the APTX 4869 theory, and i think she takes it over and over again since it seems that it won't kill her.

I don't thionk so. Based on my conclusion drawn, drinking APTX 4869 once will make you 10 years younger. So, I think that she just drank it twice or thrice.

I don't thionk so. Based on my conclusion drawn, drinking APTX 4869 once will make you 10 years younger. So, I think that she just drank it twice or thrice.

probably... although... i like the zombie idea better... maybe all of the older BO members are zombies... O.o dun dun duuuuuuuun

probably... although... i like the zombie idea better... maybe all of the older BO members are zombies... O.o dun dun duuuuuuuun

It explains about Gin. But in his case, he is not a zombie but Akako the witch. This explains his long white hair and sharp evil eyes

It explains about Gin. But in his case, he is not a zombie but Akako the witch. This explains his long white hair and sharp evil eyes

yeah... i wonder how gin keeps his hair looking so smooth and silky... i may hate the long hair look on a guy... but somehow... gin just pulls it off! but if its really akako... then that's why

yeah... i wonder how gin keeps his hair looking so smooth and silky... i may hate the long hair look on a guy... but somehow... gin and Akai just pulls it off! but if its really akako... then that's why

Fixed

Fixed

very nice! haha, well Akai's hair doesnt look as smooth and silky, but its ok that its long, although i prefer his hair short... anyways... wth does his hair look like without a hat?!? that is the million dollar quesetion

very nice! haha, well Akai's hair doesnt look as smooth and silky, but its ok that its long, although i prefer his hair short... anyways... wth does his hair look like without a hat?!? that is the million dollar quesetion

cute? cool?

I'm pretty sure her youth has something to do with APTX 4869. First off, I don't think Vermouth/Sharon has taken the drug multiple times, because given the way APTX 4869 works, multiple doses would probably be very dangerous. I think that rather than taking 10 years off one's life, the formula is different depending on the maturity of the individual. It could take off around 56% of someone's age, or it might be a much more complex equation not yet determined (which is more likely). Or maybe the version Vermouth took is different from Shinichi and Shiho. But anyway, we also have to wonder why Sharon took the APTX 4869. So here are two ideas that might work, but could also be completely wrong.

I think Sharon took the APTX 4869 around 3 years before the current story, because that's when Chris Vineyard (her younger self) suddenly appeared in the world (at least if I remember correctly). If the effect of the drug was unpredictable when Shinichi was forced to take it, it was probably just as unpredictable, if not more so, when Sharon took it. Maybe Sharon messed up on a mission, so she was forced to become a test subject? Then, with the results as they were, the organization had to keep Sharon to further study the drug. In that case, the de-aging effects of the drug were probably confidential, even among the members of the organization, which is why Gin unwittingly gave the drug to Shinichi. Being forced to test the drug could also explain why Sharon wants her silver bullet to succeed in taking down the organization. But then how did she go from there to being the boss's favorite? And I feel like Gin would know about the drug, given how high up he is in the organization.

So for another idea, maybe Vermouth was indeed the boss's favorite three years ago. In that case, maybe they were able to somehow anticipate the APTX 4869 would make Sharon more youthful. Maybe the individuals with some specific feature of their biology are affected favorably while others die. So Vermouth, as the boss's favorite, took the APTX 4869 as a bit of a present from him. But if that's true, then someone in the organization must have noticed that Shinichi would have been affected like Vermouth. Maybe not, since it could be some super obscure biological feature that they could only discover through directly testing Shinichi. But if that's true, then I don't think Gin would randomly be given a set of APTX 4869 pills with which to conduct assassinations, because he could be unwittingly shrinking any of their targets. Also, why would Sharon want her Silver Bullet to succeed? What could have fueled her grudge against the organization?

I think either of these possibilities could work. There are a few unanswered questions that I highlighted in both ideas, but I don't think it would be too difficult to explain them away. I was thinking of including my explanations to further support the ideas, but they have little to do with Vermouth's youth and more to do with my wild and crazy speculations for the overall plot, so I decided to save them for another thread.

But I wonder... If Vermouth drank the poison, Gin would know that that poison makes people younger. therefore, why did he gave it to Shinichi as an untested drug?

But I wonder... If Vermouth drank the poison, Gin would know that that poison makes people younger. therefore, why did he gave it to Shinichi as an untested drug?

Yeah haha those are the complications. Maybe the effects of the APTX 4869 were kept a secret from the members of the organization, including Gin. Keeping it on a need-to-know basis would make sense, since a lot of people would be interested in extending their youth. So maybe Gin didn't know about it at all. But then I don't really like that explanation, because he was carrying the drug around for use. Those who do know about the drug would not allow members to walk around giving their main enemies potential shrinking drugs. That would just be irresponsible.

I kind of want to believe that Shinichi's "poisoning" incident wasn't an accident. Yes okay, maybe I'm crazy... But it bugs me that Gin conducted an assassination in such an unprofessional manner when he is an evil genius in every other situation. He and Vodka didn't even stick around long enough to make sure Shinichi was dead. So maybe Gin was carrying around the APTX 4869 for the sole purpose of giving it to some unlucky guinea pig (or maybe Kudo Shinichi specifically...?). Vodka seems pretty low down on the chain of command, so I don't think he was in the know. I think the two of them were there to exchange the photos for the briefcase of money, but Gin also took advantage of the chance with Shinichi to accomplish the side mission.

Haha the more I talk, the more stupid I think I sound. Not to mention this is off-topic... But I think maybe the Black Organization has something in mind for Shinichi, some sort of purpose he has yet to fulfill. Okay, enough of my wild crazy speculation. :D

Yeah haha those are the complications. Maybe the effects of the APTX 4869 were kept a secret from the members of the organization, including Gin. Keeping it on a need-to-know basis would make sense, since a lot of people would be interested in extending their youth. So maybe Gin didn't know about it at all. But then I don't really like that explanation, because he was carrying the drug around for use. Those who do know about the drug would not allow members to walk around giving their main enemies potential shrinking drugs. That would just be irresponsible.

I kind of want to believe that Shinichi's "poisoning" incident wasn't an accident. Yes okay, maybe I'm crazy... But it bugs me that Gin conducted an assassination in such an unprofessional manner when he is an evil genius in every other situation. He and Vodka didn't even stick around long enough to make sure Shinichi was dead. So maybe Gin was carrying around the APTX 4869 for the sole purpose of giving it to some unlucky guinea pig (or maybe Kudo Shinichi specifically...?). Vodka seems pretty low down on the chain of command, so I don't think he was in the know. I think the two of them were there to exchange the photos for the briefcase of money, but Gin also took advantage of the chance with Shinichi to accomplish the side mission.

Haha the more I talk, the more stupid I think I sound. Not to mention this is off-topic... But I think maybe the Black Organization has something in mind for Shinichi, some sort of purpose he has yet to fulfill. Okay, enough of my wild crazy speculation. :D

How could Gin not suspect about that poison's effect? For example you have a friend which was forced to drink a medicine and the next day, you saw him in his teens again. Won't you start suspecting?

How could Gin not suspect about that poison's effect? For example you have a friend which was forced to drink a medicine and the next day, you saw him in his teens again. Won't you start suspecting?

No no no that's what I was saying. I said it's not very plausible to assume Gin wouldn't know about something, because he seems to figure out just about everything. So I offered up a separate idea that Gin did know, and was intentionally using the APTX 4869. But like I said earlier, these ideas are more of wild speculation on the plot than anything else.

No no no that's what I was saying. I said it's not very plausible to assume Gin wouldn't know about something, because he seems to figure out just about everything. So I offered up a separate idea that Gin did know, and was intentionally using the APTX 4869. But like I said earlier, these ideas are more of wild speculation on the plot than anything else.

But if the BO already knew, why must they still need to test the drug on mice?