Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

I don't think Vermouth became 10 years younger, because if so, the BO would have known that it's possible for a person to shrink or turn into a child. Then when Sherry mysteriously escaped from that room she was confined in, at least some agent would have considered the possibility that Sherry became a child.  

I agree with you on that. The B.O. are dangerous, and they are usually suspicious. 

well the only thing i'm thinking and sure is dumb is that chris is sharon's clone and the Bo had sharon's memory saved on pc and impleted in chris so she also 'know' yukiko lol

ok i'm out

I've still always been confused as to what actually happend in New York. Did Vermouth become a serial killer herself just to lure out Akai, or did she just take the identity of a already existing serial killer and killed him at the end to get rid of him?

I've still always been confused as to what actually happend in New York. Did Vermouth become a serial killer herself just to lure out Akai, or did she just take the identity of a already existing serial killer and killed him at the end to get rid of him?

All we know there was some real person she disguised as because the serial killer "committed suicide" at the end (thus leaving a body). That man really could have been a serial killer before Vermouth got him, or it was someone whose identity and life she stole for the role.

I was always of the opinion that Vermouth wanted a silver haired Japanese person because it sounds superficially similar to Gin which would capture Shuuichi's interest (which is important because killing Akai was the goal). Since silver haired Japanese serial killers are not common or easy to find, I assume she had to make someone into the role. I think she might have blackmailed somebody, similar to how she forced the wolfman to murder the director on the Halloween boat. She might also have simply hijacked the identity of a law abiding citizen, committed murders with their face, and then captured and killed them when it was time for the suicide to happen.

Interesting, if she was using Gin's description to lure out Akai. I've always felt like the FBI has been more focused on Vermouth than the organization itself, ever since hearing about Jodie's dad. It seems like unlike the other members, a lot of her bigger crimes probally originated outside of Japan, which is why the Fbi has always taken a big interest in her. It feels like they were dragged into this fight, against this larger organization after realizing that her connections are deeper and more deadly than originally anticipated. The Cia on the other hand seems more focused on the whole organization than one particular person.

• Upvote 1

I think Its a make-up technique she use

as in Episode 703 

Yukiko said that "she was hoping to pick up the Make-up technique that keeps that youthful glow" &

"to think that the great actress; Sharon vineyard, was nothing but make up"

and can be seen in Episode 345, when Akai Shuiichi shot vermouth he can tell by the look on her face that it is her actual or real face!

what i dont get is that what is that make-up technique that allows you to keep the youthful glow?

The make-up technique may be the effect of the poison the BO is making. Shinici's mum is hinting at the secret she (Vermont) wont tell the rest of the BO. But Conan is effected by it and it has a bigger truth.

The make-up technique may be the effect of the poison the BO is making. Shinici's mum is hinting at the secret she (Vermont) wont tell the rest of the BO. But Conan is effected by it and it has a bigger truth.

i guess you are right!

The question I got is, how did she find out about the original Kaitou Kid and learned disguises under him? Remember he was searching for that gem that gives immortality and it seems like he keeps getting younger...

Toichi is a famous magician. There re no indication that Sharon know Toichi is Kid. AFAIK

Yeah I remember that know. It's just kind of crazy that he was looking for a immortality gem and she's pretty much has immortality youth?

Vermouth in the series always kind of looks sad, like she doesn't care if something happens to her, maybe that's why she is letting Conan to look as deep as he wants into the Organization without actively stopping him.  Maybe she was an original subject for a project relating to immortality and that's why she maintains her youthful appearance.

Yeah I remember that know. It's just kind of crazy that he was looking for a immortality gem and she's pretty much has immortality youth?

Oi, oi... APTX and the gadgets are enough fiction as they are... I like this anime because it is more realistic and logically makes sense.

I think she doesn't take any thing .. and that is her real age . (I mean 37 years as Shinichi's mother ... you know they were friends).

Come to think of it .. maybe when she killed jodie's father (20 years ago) she was just 17 years old .

I think she doesn't take any thing .. and that is her real age . (I mean 37 years as Shinichi's mother ... you know they were friends).

Come to think of it .. maybe when she killed jodie's father (20 years ago) she was just 17 years old .

Vermouth's real age cannot be 37. She created her daughter Chris Vineyard whose age is supposed to be 29 in the present timeline, which means that Sharon "gave birth" to Chris at the age of 8, which is a glaring inconsistency, and I don't think Vermouth would make such a mistake. Therefore, Vermouth must have "set" Sharon's age to about 45 or above, be it her real age or not (because she may even be much older). But she does not look like a 45-year-old woman now at all, which means that there's definitely something going on with her aging. She is not in disguise or make up either because she has been shot by Akai in her face, and we're seen a non-make up version of her while bathing.

Assume that she really is 35~40 now like you say, which means that she must have been disguising as an older version of herself to become Sharon, while at the same time disguising as a younger version of herself to become Chris. Why must she do that if she ages normally? Why even bother creating a fake daughter?

Because she doesn't age...? She definitely disguises herself as Sharon (who looks older than her but it doesn't mean that Sharon is older than Vermouth's true age). The question is why does she also disguise as Chris if she ages normally?

This may be a little off-topic but this just happen to cross my mind that I think the reason why Vermouth hates Haibara and decided to finish her off on her own's somehow related to the APTX 4869 or whatever Haibara's parents were developing back then. I watched the 2.5 hours episode (the one when Vermouth and Jodie confront) and there's a line from Vermouth to Haibara, "Don't hate me, hate your parents who started this experiment." Well, it bothers me haha 

Because she doesn't age...? She definitely disguises herself as Sharon (who looks older than her but it doesn't mean that Sharon is older than Vermouth's true age). The question is why does she also disguise as Chris if she ages normally?

I'm guessing to hide her true identity, like what's her real name? Lol

I think she is probably just really talented at making herself look younger.

That or she took the drug as an act of rebellion against BO (maybe because she finally meet her angel?) but got younger and the boss somehow threatened vermouth to keep her alive. It would make sense in a way, she is the boss' favorite because of the rare de-aging effect and the reason she protects conan is because she hopes he takes them down. She also hates Ai because if the drug is perfected people would basically have immortality.