Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

Personally, I'd use my dominant hand for shooting. But that's my preference.

Vermouth is ambidextrous? \o/

I don't think so. It'd be too much of coincidence if that's the case. Also, I was wondering something. Vermouth dropped her gun when she got shot by Akai, but then she grabbed Conan with her right hand. She rushed into the car and at that time, she didn't have a gun on her. Between running for your life, rushing into the car, scooting to the next seat, pulling out another gun (it had a different shape then the one she had before), driving past her own car, and finally shooting at the gas tank within like, a second, you don't have any time to think. You'd definitely grab for your gun with your dominant hand.

Also, none of you explained why Vermouth used her left hand when she was disguised as Araide.

Also, none of you explained why Vermouth used her left hand when she was disguised as Araide.

She isn't left handed consistently. Compare more scenes, and you will notice her prevalent right hand use.

Grabbing Conan's arm to examine his wound...

Shushing Ran and Sonoko with left hand, but he is using the using same hand as Ran in the same panel - a known righty. (The shushing gesture seems to be done with the offhand fairly frequently - see Amuro and Gin)

Reaches for Conan with right hand when he flees with Araide's glasses.

Gestures over shoulder with right hand.

She isn't left handed consistently. Compare more scenes, and you will notice her prevalent right hand use.

Grabbing Conan's arm to examine his wound...

Shushing Ran and Sonoko with left hand, but he is using the using same hand as Ran in same panel - a known righty. (The shushing gesture seems to be done with the offhand fairly frequently - see Amuro and Gin)

Reaches for Conan with right hand when he flees with Araide's glasses.

Gestures over shoulder with right hand.

Okay, she does use her left hand when putting on her glasses and pointing back, but she used her left hand when grabbing Conan's arms. Maybe we should all use the anime as the source instead of the manga just so that there's no confusion about the pages being flipped.

Okay, she does use her left hand when putting on her glasses and pointing back, but she used her left hand when grabbing Conan's arms. Maybe we should all use the anime as the source instead of the manga just so that there's no confusion about the pages being flipped.

I just want to say that never use the anime for evidences because they sometimes ruin important clues, so it's not convincing to use evidence from the anime, as it maybe different from the manga (the anime is not done by Gosho). To tell if the page is flipped or not is easy, if the reading order is right-to-left, then it's not flipped.

I don't remember the glasses scene, but your second example ("she used her left hand when grabbing Conan's arms"), was that the Bus Hijacking case (Volume 29), after the bus exploded ?

I see that you saw it in the anime. However, like I said above, the anime is not made by Gosho, so it may not reflect his idea correctly. In the anime version, they showed that Vermouth first used left hand to grab Conan's hand, than use right hand to pull up his jacket to examine the wound. However, in the manga, that scene is drawn ambiguously, so we don't know which action was first. Vermouth/Araide could have very well used right hand directly to grab Conan's arm while pulling up his jacket at the same time; then use left hand to hold Conan's hand and see the wound. Since either way can be true, it also depends on how people look at it. Therefore I don't think this is a valid point.

Maybe we should all use the anime as the source instead of the manga just so that there's no confusion about the pages being flipped.

I stay well clear of the anime for anything important because the anime botches and overlooks an incredible number of minor important details. You can tell if the pages are flipped by noticing the panels read left to right.
  • Upvote 1

I stay well clear of the anime for anything important because the anime botches and overlooks an incredible number of minor important details. You can tell if the pages are flipped by noticing the panels read left to right.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. But even in the manga, Araide still grabs Conan with his left hand and about that one case when Sato accidentaly picked Shiratory to marry and made a bet to see if Takagi would get there before sunset or not, if Araide didn't put his glasses on with his right hand, then they'd both know that he wasn't Takagi right? I think she caught on to what Conan was doing by then.

Okay, she does use her left hand when putting on her glasses and pointing back, but she used her left hand when grabbing Conan's arms.

She used her right to initially grab Conan's arm, and then her right again to move his sleeve carefully over the wound. That's still indicative of righthandedness even though she used her left to hold Conan's arm up after she grabbed him with her right.

if Araide didn't put his glasses on with his right hand, then they'd both know that he wasn't Takagi right?

She reached for Conan with her right hand too when he ran off with her glasses. Generally when faced with an unexpected situation a person tends to reach with their dominant hand. A lot of little things add up to make the big picture.

-> The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone.

Seems like the most plausible solution to me!

Oh damn, looking over it again I missed the "Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)" option.

Well it's probably one of the two! :lol:

I'm having second thoughts about the 2nd option in how she got younger. She might have took it for suicide Because she felt guilty in her sins. <_<

VERMOUTH may actually be a homunculus or was created using Genetic Engineering by the Black Organization---in other words, she was just an experiment.

Or....

Maybe because the B.O. was finding ways to achieve immortality through a number of experiments, and Vermouth was one of those test subjects, and somehow she became immortal because of this.

But if this is true, then wouldn't they be experimenting with Vermouth always?

uhhhhh.......

I don't know....

Why would the Boss of the Organization alow experiments to be done on his/her favorite? It also seem as if all of the members of the organization fear him to much to do it in secret so I say the theory of her aging being a result of experiments done to her is not likely.

If she had plastic sergery and she really is about 45-60, then I feel sorry for Gin (even though he kind of deserves it for those of you who know what I'm talking about)

I think she was exposed to that APTX... something...

but has a different effect on her... instead of being back to be a kid she became what she is now... ^_^"

>>or maybe just a simple plastic surgery... :P

there's a high possibility it is caused by APTX. How did she took it and why---> still remains a mystery.

It has been said many times before that she probably did not take APTX.

• Upvote 1

I don't thionk so. Based on my conclusion drawn, drinking APTX 4869 once will make you 10 years younger. So, I think that she just drank it twice or thrice.

i dont think so because after drinking once will already make her 10 years younger which means that after being 10 years younger it will make her weaker , if she took it twice, a very small chance but i dont think the third time will work

ok

The mods say: Please edit your previous post rather than double posting.

it was explained that she was just using aging make-up, actually

That was to hide that "Sharon" was actually younger than she looked. The problem is why Vermouth's face is the same as it was 20 years ago and why she had to pretend to age in the first place.

She may have gone under a facial operation

I find that very unlikely if she's about 40/50 now, she wouldn't be so athletic. I mean, she can shoot as without a shudder.

So far, my theory is this:

The Black Organization seeks the way to immortality. It must be one of their goals. That is why they have many biochemists and scientists of the like experimenting and researching in their facilities. 

In one of the experiments made by some scientists, Vermouth was used as the test subject, and a drug or something was applied on her, causing her to either (1) Shrink ten years younger, like Conan and Ai; or (2) Become immortal, or stop aging. Both things might have happened to her. Maybe, after aging ten years younger, it was found out that she would not age anymore.

It is possible also that Shiho's parents are the scientists who possibly conducted this experiment, and maybe this is the reason why Vermouth does not like Shiho, and vice versa.

Then, because the experiment on Vermouth was a significant event in the Organization's attempt to seek immortality, the Organization decided to keep her as a valued asset and member, and also making her the Boss's favorite.

And maybe, since Vermouth is tired of what the Organization is doing, she tries to help Shinichi defeat the Organization, in order to set her free from the Organization's chains once and for all.

Well. That's what I've got. Just wanted to share.

Well I have no idea as to why Vermouth still looks young but it probably has to do something with the BO research. It wasn't the same drug as Gin gave to Shinichi so I suspects the parents of Sherry might have something to do with Vermouths youth. 

So far, my theory is this:

The Black Organization seeks the way to immortality. It must be one of their goals. That is why they have many biochemists and scientists of the like experimenting and researching in their facilities. 

In one of the experiments made by some scientists, Vermouth was used as the test subject, and a drug or something was applied on her, causing her to either (1) Shrink ten years younger, like Conan and Ai; or (2) Become immortal, or stop aging. Both things might have happened to her. Maybe, after aging ten years younger, it was found out that she would not age anymore.

It is possible also that Shiho's parents are the scientists who possibly conducted this experiment, and maybe this is the reason why Vermouth does not like Shiho, and vice versa.

Then, because the experiment on Vermouth was a significant event in the Organization's attempt to seek immortality, the Organization decided to keep her as a valued asset and member, and also making her the Boss's favorite.

And maybe, since Vermouth is tired of what the Organization is doing, she tries to help Shinichi defeat the Organization, in order to set her free from the Organization's chains once and for all.

Well. That's what I've got. Just wanted to share.

I don't think Vermouth became 10 years younger, because if so, the BO would have known that it's possible for a person to shrink or turn into a child. Then when Sherry mysteriously escaped from that room she was confined in, at least some agent would have considered the possibility that Sherry became a child.