Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Akai Shuuichi's Death Theory!

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Akai dead or alive?

Yeah. I forgot. My bad. I am actually watching the story arc once again. I want to familiarize all the details in the arc. :)

I'm watching it again too; I'm checking for any signs of Akai's death being faked.

Don't watch it whatever you do!!! The anime botches several key points like the blood in the actual death scene (censorship ruins the bloodtrails!) and Akai stopping James Black (wrist grab, not phone grab!). The manga does it much better.

⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩

Read the manga. If you do it by the anime, this arc is harder/impossible to solve because of several lost clues!

⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧

• Upvote 2

Don't watch it whatever you do!!! The anime botches several key points like the blood in the actual death scene (censorship ruins the bloodtrails!) and Akai stopping James Black (wrist grab, not phone grab!). The manga does it much better.

⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩

Read the manga. If you do it by the anime, this arc is harder/impossible to solve because of several lost clues!

⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧

Maybe, that's the best thing to do after all. :)

He can't die. He's alive! (Then probably Akemi is alive, too)

No, I don't think he's dead. I think Gosho's theme is "Life Goes On"

We can't let him die!

(As if we have a choice)

Then probably Akemi is alive, too

I am pretty sure Akemi is dead. If she faked her death that means she had to do it in Conan's arms and Conan is generally shown to be pretty good at telling when people are really dead. Akai had an easier time because he only had to trick someone looking on from a camera in the dark. There is also the problem of why Gin would cooperate with Akemi to fake her death when she has known ties to Akai Shuuichi. Gin would probably have to cooperate because assuming he is about on the same level as Akai, could tell by Akemi's movements if she was wearing a bullet proof vest. Assuming Also, Akai's death had contradictions, Akemi's unfortunately didn't.

@Chekhov: Wait, if Kir was in the plan from the beginning, then why did she thought in her head something like "Please don't think badly of me" while placing the bomb ? (File 609 - Page 5) Or did I miss something ?

@Chekhov: Wait, if Kir was in the plan from the beginning, then why did she thought in her head something like "Please don't think badly of me" while placing the bomb ? (File 609 - Page 5) Or did I miss something ?

I read somewhere that she was thinking about her father. But I'm not sure how true is that...

My first inclination is what Spectra said, apologizing for the desecration of a body, but I suppose it could also be an apology to the rest of the FBI because they are going to think she killed Akai. She could also be apologizing to Akai in a way for blowing up a likeness of him.

My first inclination is what Spectra said, apologizing for the desecration of a body, but I suppose it could also be an apology to the rest of the FBI because they are going to think she killed Akai. She could also be apologizing to Akai in a way for blowing up a likeness of him.

Oh now that makes more sense.

Akai is alive!He aren't Scar Akai and Subaru Okiya.He is a bodygaurd very power persn.Subaru is a friend of Mr kudo.Scar Akai is a CIA.He is possible Unknown charactor for CIA.He is possible Akemi in look alike Akai.No way!Akemi is possible alive work in the CIA.I believe is Akemi alive in the show because Akemi is meet Akai in the past.Shuuichi Akai is not birth name.Akai is a unknown name to us.

Akai is alive!He aren't Scar Akai and Subaru Okiya.He is a bodygaurd very power persn.Subaru is a friend of Mr kudo.Scar Akai is a CIA.He is possible Unknown charactor for CIA.He is possible Akemi in look alike Akai.No way!Akemi is possible alive work in the CIA.I believe is Akemi alive in the show because Akemi is meet Akai in the past.Shuuichi Akai is not birth name.Akai is a unknown name to us.

Can you tell me what language is this?

Seriously your theory is very hilarious but it's possible.But I don't agree with you about why Akemi is alive and your reason.And for your last statement, What do you mean?

I think that Akai is alive, and I think the plan somehow is similar to what happened to when Andre was driving with Hidemi. I believe, first off, Hidemi and Akai (and maybe Conan) had discussed what the Organization might do if she was to join back in (while in the hospital). Somehow, Kir somehow stuck a hidden message into either the text or in her call, or otherwise Akai was already prepared and figured something like this would happen. He went to Reiha pass and investigated. He probably did notice the Organization a long distance away, so he purposely pulled his truck over by the ledge of the cliff, just like how Andre pulled his truck over to the side. He prepared fake blood beforehand on the spots he would be sure Kir would shoot or stab, weak points in the body like the head, heart, and lungs (maybe even the throat).He also put one in his mouth to make it seem he was letting out blood through there too. Kir shot him twice, and he fell into the car. She set off the bomb with 3 seconds (30 seconds in the manga), to which I believe Akai escaped out of the car while she was turned, since the Organization was watching him via the camera on her choker. As for the dead body, I believe it was Rikumichi's dead body. We do not know what happened to him after his death, only that the FBI tried to keep this a secret from the Organization. If the police were to do a search, they would see a bullet wound to the head, where both Akai and Rikumichi were shot. The fingerprints can be explained because earlier on, Rikumichi touched Conan's phone. Plus, I find it strange the gun was shot at Akai, but he looked perfectly fine until a moment later, when he started bleeding and crouched down.I also find it strange Akai came with no weapon at all, and took the shot to the lungs and head so easily, and even made his last words sound funny. "To think you've gone this far..." with a smile on his face... plus the fact his hand stayed in his pocket the entire time seemed peculiar... also the fact when Kir turned away for a moment, then looked back, they didn't show the eyes of the person in the car, but the head was turned differently than before... at first, the head was facing to the left, but after she turned away, the head was facing forward, and we didn't get a glimpse of the eyes on the body. I'm not saying that Akai got out of his clothes and put them on the body at that moment, but maybe he had the body prepared with his clothes and his cell phone, which he couldn't use if he was pretending to be dead... he didn't tell anyone because he wanted their reactions to be realistic, plus he may not want any information to get leaked to the Black Organization... he disguised as Okiya Subaru by using a wig, changing his outfit, and wearing high powered glasses to make it hard to see and forcing him to squint, then assumed the role of a college student. He moved into Shinichi's house because Conan knew his plan probably, or saw through his disguise, and gives Haibara that feeling not because he's Bourbon but because he was once the BO member Rye. Him drinking Bourbon does not prove he is Bourbon, since Bourbon is Akai's favorite drink. Plus Akai and Okiya compare the BO to wolves.

Bourbon on the other hand disguised as Akai because he got suspicious Akai was alive. He did this so he could gain more information by viewing reactions of FBI agents, and was trying to lure out Akai. Akai, as Okiya, decided to visit the bank Bourbon had been at during the robbery case, and may have noticed him entering the mall. He followed him to see what he was doing, then left a note for Jodie saying to leave because there was danger. This may have not been because of the bomber, but because he was warning her about Scar Akai, or Bourbon.

yup, totally.

I think Shuichi can't die easily.....

althought i don't know what the trick

There are two assumptions...

Firstly, Akai is really scar-Akai...

Secondly, Akai is Okiya...

No data yet.....

"It is a capital mistake to theorize

before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment."

Sherlock Holmes

post-9261-0-80622000-1318698732_thumb.jp

Of course, many of our intellectual DC fanatics have already deduced on how Akai, Conan, Rena, and Camel (let’s include him, he’s important to their plan too) pulled off a very sophisticated plan to get information from the Organization, as well as the big part of this plan, to fake Akai’s death.

But, let me share to you my own piece of opinion about this. There could be some loopholes still, but after reading/watching the manga and the story arc respectively, I came up with this theory.

It all started in EP 497, the part where Conan and Akai talked in the hospital’s rooftop, the conversation went like this:

Conan: But you know, when I saw you, I was thinking, just maybe you were thinking, exactly what I am.

Akai: Oooooooh.. :cool:

Then, we all knew what happened next just by watching the flashback in EP 500/reading the manga which somehow relayed EP 500 showed. The key here is that Mizunashi Rena was impressed on Conan. With all the deduction he relayed from how Rena knew he was lying on that shoe thingy, to the critical life-saving tactic her father did to her. Knowing that Kir is continuing her father’s mission, we can safely say that she’s doing an Akai-as-Rye 2.0, in her part, Rena-as-Kir (no need to elaborate this one). Then, those three inside the room agreed on the critical part of the plan. Akai will fake his death, with the help of Kir. Knowing how intelligent Gin is, I assume that they already thought of him being suspicious of how she escaped the FBI so easily, and eventually may ask her to kill Akai to prove his loyalty, which really happened.

Part of the plan on which I think they made obvious is the three-van tactic of James Black. They were clearly aware that Gin would not fall into the trap of following the van that Akai followed. They said in the series that they have done this because they intended in the first place to get Kir back to BO. The hidden truth behind this plan, IMO, is that they wanted Gin to be suspicious of this move and question Kir’s loyalty.

This is the new part of my analysis after going back to the story arc. I thought that this critical plan of Conan, Akai, and Kir revolved around what Kir’s father did. We saw how Gin was suspicious of how Kir entered the Organization. To freshen up our memory, Vodka said that that anokata let Kir join the organization because of the escape act he did in that warehouse, by killing that agent, which they don’t know is actually Kir’s father. With all this, Conan and Akai may have thought that anokata, and eventually Gin will test Kir’s loyalty to the Organization once again by ordering her to kill Akai, whom the Organization think is the “Silver Bullet”. They thought that if she can pull this kind of act once again, she’s really on their side.

For short, my deduction is that they used the same trick Kir’s father used to keep Kir within the Organization for the same reason, to uncover important information about them. This time though, Akai acted as her father. But this time, they faked his death (hoping that Akai is still alive :grin: ).

The faked death plan was also made possible by the fact that Gin and Vodka never went to the scene personally. And we all know the famous theory Kir pulled to fake Akai’s death.

Another part of the series that made me think that they actually planned to fake Akai’s death is when Conan said to Akai when they entered the room, “Well then, in this match that’s live-or-die. Are you willing to try it?”

In this statement, I don’t think this is only about letting Rena go back to the Organization, but as well as him faking his death. The “live-or-die” phrase could be a good evidence to this plan, though I cannot explain it well right now. Because it’s still hard to connect it to each other, if ever those are really connected.

Lastly, the symbolic message of Akai: “To think you have gone this far…” with a smile/smirk.

In my own perception, he meant this to somehow congratulate Kir, as she managed to survive a lot of threats to her life, including her joining the Organization. We can also attribute this to a lot of near-impossible missions she handled. From forcing her to act like she killed her own father, to keeping secrets of her being an NOC within the organization, up to entering another complicated mission, to fake a man’s death.

P.S. I would really be disappointed if ever Akai is really dead. Because, I’m sure they’re not too lame not to think that Gin will be suspicious of Kir’s escape. But, I’m pretty confident he’s still alive because of Conan’s “smirk” when he heard of Akai’s death. And I really thought it’s a bit suspicious of Conan not to be deeply saddened, disheartened, or even shocked on Akai’s death, as what is shown on any plot-related episodes after the story arc. Goes to show that either he expected this already (as part of the plan) or he’s too confident that he can do it even without Akai’s assistance (which I don’t believe because I think that Conan is treating Akai as a big help of him beating down BO).

Gosho Aoyama has really made DC an interesting anime with this kind of plot. No wonder, fans like me who are in for a thrilling, action-packed anime are very excited to see what’s next in this series.

So please, MORE PLOT-RELATED EPs! :grin: