Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Akai Shuuichi's Death Theory!

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Akai dead or alive?

I would like to add these information on the fake death theory of Akai Shuuichi.

First of all, it seems that it is too much coincidence that Kusuda Rikumichi and Akai Shuuicihi's hair on the back is identical. And if you read the chapter 609 of the manga, after Akai was shot to the head by Kir, the only part of his face showed was the right side of his face and the longback hairstyle he and Rikumichi both have. That's why the replacing-Akai's-body-with-Kusuda is very possible.

I have to question, though, the information stated in the Akai faked his death theory page on Wiki. The part where it is stated that "When Rena is fiddling with the small bomb, Akai places Kusuda Rikumichi's body in his place. He exits the truck when Kir leaves."

IMO, it is more feasible to think that Akai only replaced his body with Kusuda's when Kir was finished putting the bomb in his car. Why? Because after she put the bomb in his car, that's the time when Gin and Vodka went away from the scene. Meaning, by the time Kir is entering his car and is going for an escape act, that's the only time that Akai can move, not when Kir is still fiddling the bomb. It is because Kir's camera is still pointed on Akai's body, which is seen by Gin and Vodka from their vehicle.

30 seconds is more than enough to exchange his body with Kusuda's and get out of the car. I suspected the weird placement of his head from facing left to facing center in the next scene (as scene in the manga only, not the anime) as a sign that Akai is alive ONLY, but doesn't signify that it is already Rikumichi's body.

I got curious too on Conan's real intention on why he wanted to see the FBI for the last time before they get out of the hospital. But, after hearing that Akai can't be reached, decided not to go. Was this part of the plan? Did Conan and Akai intended to see and talk to each other for the last time before their expected assassination order that anokata and Gin will ask Kir to do? What will they talk about, if ever?

Another part of the series that made me think that they actually planned to fake Akai’s death is when Conan said to Akai when they entered the room, “Well then, in this match that’s live-or-die. Are you willing to try it?”

In this statement, I don’t think this is only about letting Rena go back to the Organization, but as well as him faking his death. The “live-or-die” phrase could be a good evidence to this plan, though I cannot explain it well right now. Because it’s still hard to connect it to each other, if ever those are really connected.

I already have a theory in my mind on what Conan meant for the "live-and-die" phrase.

More likely, Conan meant that before they can get into the main part of their big plan, Akai must be able to survive a certain.

More likely, he meant that Akai must be able to get through faking his own death successfully. Meaning, being able to make Gin and the whole BO (except for Kir) believe that he's already dead.

One is Rikumichi's body which will be used as Akai's body double. Presumably the FBI kept the body and the car for investigation because Megure, Takagi, and the news say nothing about a body matching Rikumichi's description during the Shiranpuri case later.

Lastly, I would like to further support this claim by stating that FBI probably kept Rikumichi's body and his car because if the Japanese police got the custody of these, they would be suspicious of what happened, and the background of this guy.

We all know that if you're a BO member, it's either your personal information is altered or there's very limited information at all. If the police found it odd for Rikumichi to have incomplete or very little details, more problem will arise for FBI in hiding their identity and concealing their true aim in going to Japan

I have to question, though, the information stated in the Akai faked his death theory page on Wiki. The part where it is stated that "When Rena is fiddling with the small bomb, Akai places Kusuda Rikumichi's body in his place. He exits the truck when Kir leaves."

IMO, it is more feasible to think that Akai only replaced his body with Kusuda's when Kir was finished putting the bomb in his car. Why? Because after she put the bomb in his car, that's the time when Gin and Vodka went away from the scene. Meaning, by the time Kir is entering his car and is going for an escape act, that's the only time that Akai can move, not when Kir is still fiddling the bomb. It is because Kir's camera is still pointed on Akai's body, which is seen by Gin and Vodka from their vehicle.

30 seconds is more than enough to exchange his body with Kusuda's and get out of the car. I suspected the weird placement of his head from facing left to facing center in the next scene (as scene in the manga only, not the anime) as a sign that Akai is alive ONLY, but doesn't signify that it is already Rikumichi's body.

The wiki is right here. The reason why we know the body has been switched after Kir placed the bomb is the disappearing bloodtrail. Akai had blood on his face. The body doesn't when Kir comes back to place the bomb. This indicates the body was switched while she was away unless Akai decided to wipe his face off while he was lying down which would be stupid. The only time for the body to be switched was while Kir was fiddling with the bomb on the hood of the truck (You can tell from the panel she moved out of view!) because that is the only time Akai was not visible on Kir's camera.

Kir cannot see in the cab here because she is over by the hood of the truck. Remember it is dark out in this scene.

Kir_by_hood.jpg

This is the change in the "body" before and after Kir went to the hood of the truck to fiddle with the bomb.

Akai_bloodtrail_before_after.jpg

The wiki is right here. The reason why we know the body has been switched after Kir placed the bomb is the disappearing bloodtrail. Akai had blood on his face. The body doesn't when Kir comes back to place the bomb. This indicates the body was switched while she was away unless Akai decided to wipe his face off while he was lying down which would be stupid. The only time for the body to be switched was while Kir was fiddling with the bomb on the hood of the truck (You can tell from the panel she moved out of view!) because that is the only time Akai was not visible on Kir's camera.

Kir cannot see in the cab here because she is over by the hood of the truck. Remember it is dark out in this scene.

Kir_by_hood.jpg

This is the change in the "body" before and after Kir went to the hood of the truck to fiddle with the bomb.

Oh, so that part of the car is it's good. I though Kir is just facing a bit diagonally towards the window of the vehicle, that's why I thought the camera on her neck could still see Akai's body.

I see. thus, the wiki is really right after all. Thanks for the heads up, Check!

NOTE: For all those who watched the anime part of this story arc but haven't seen the manga yet, you're missing almost a half of your life (of course, I'm exaggerating :grin: ). Some scenes in the anime doesn't match with the manga. And we all know that manga should always be the 'reference', rather than the anime. The picture above (Kir setting up the bomb) already tells us the difference between the anime and manga.

Akai suuichi is not dead surely .When eisuke hondou tells conan that some one had died in the fbi ,Conan smiles and says everything must be fine .

He must have made a plan with akai of some sort to escape from the place unharmed .Also detectiveshinichi's theory seems very plausible .

As for scar akai i think he is bourbon and subaru okiya is akai .

Akai suuichi is not dead surely .When eisuke hondou tells conan that some one had died in the fbi ,Conan smiles and says everything must be fine .

He must have made a plan with akai of some sort to escape from the place unharmed .Also detectiveshinichi's theory seems very plausible .

As for scar akai i think he is bourbon and subaru okiya is akai .

Are you referring to this part? :wink:

conan.png

Conan and Akai are in this together. Everything that's happening right now was planned well in advance. But I want to ask this question, why is Conan reluctant to talk about Shinichi in front of Okiya. Why does he ask Ran to not mention Shinichi in front of Okiya? If he is Akai, then he can be trusted. Then why is Conan so hesitant?

Conan and Akai are in this together. Everything that's happening right now was planned well in advance. But I want to ask this question, why is Conan reluctant to talk about Shinichi in front of Okiya. Why does he ask Ran to not mention Shinichi in front of Okiya? If he is Akai, then he can be trusted. Then why is Conan so hesitant?

Conan could be merely erring on the side of caution considering that the Org has gotten the better of the FBI a few times, even with Akai's help. That said, Conan would not have put Okiya in Shinichi's house if he wasn't willing to take the risk Okiya would find out about Shinichi's identity. Conan probably thinks Akai recognizes Haibara as Shiho, so it isn't much of a leap to suspect Conan is like her

The photo albums and things were probably hidden well before Okiya came, maybe after the Vermouth arc, because Conan didn't know Okiya would have his house burnt down and Conan didn't have time to hide things before giving Okiya the key.

Conan could be merely erring on the side of caution considering that the Org has gotten the better of the FBI a few times, even with Akai's help. That said, Conan would not have put Okiya in Shinichi's house if he wasn't willing to take the risk Okiya would find out about Shinichi's identity. Conan probably thinks Akai recognizes Haibara as Shiho, so it isn't much of a leap to suspect Conan is like her

The photo albums and things were probably hidden well before Okiya came, maybe after the Vermouth arc, because Conan didn't know Okiya would have his house burnt down and Conan didn't have time to hide things before giving Okiya the key.

So you mean that Conan is ok with Okiya knowing his identity but doesn't want to reveal it in his own accord because he wants to be in the safe side?

hey im new here!!! Akai is my fav so im really hoping he's alive. And the theory about him and okiya makes so much sence!! But i dont want to get my hopes up ( too much ).

Well too late i beleave he's okiya allready

Sorry for the tyboos

hey im new here!!! Akai is my fav so im really hoping he's alive. And the theory about him and okiya makes so much sence!! But i dont want to get my hopes up ( too much ).

Well too late i beleave he's okiya allready

Sorry for the tyboos

It's ok, you can get your hopes up coz Akai is alive ;)

Actually, I think Conan knows that Okiya is Akai. Coz otherwise, he wouldn't trust his with his house!!

Possible you're right!Other possible Okiya is a CIA not an Akai.Akai have a friend to protect.

Possible you're right!Other possible Okiya is a CIA not an Akai.Akai have a friend to protect.

Um..... It's more likely that it's Akai and not someone else...... Coz I don't think Akai would really trust something this important to his friend and just get out of the scene. He's the type to face stuff on his own...........

akai is another fake name of okiya and he's a CIA agent undercover at the FBI so the CIA is Akai famous source and why he knew ethan hondo was from CIA

Thing is, CIA and FBI are ALLIES. Why would they bother to have undercover agents in each other? I'm pretty sure that they'd rather plant the undercover agents in the syndicate(BO) rather than in each other.

I've seen a lot of speculation regarding this subject, when Shuichi is shot by Mizunashi Rena in episode 504. The general opinion of the audience is that the murder was staged and Akai is still alive. I'm sure that most people already know this... but Akai is definitely alive and very likely Subaru. I read the wiki-article on the theory behind Akai being alive and Okiya but there's still somethings to add.

During the killing, Akai's right hand was in his pocket the whole time. (This is likely what triggered the fake blood bursts when taking shots etc.). Note how after the "lung shot" from Hidemi/Rena, Akai clutches his right torso with his left hand instead of his right (which stays in his pocket). Also, when Shuichi is shot in the head, he is leaning on the rear right door of his Chevy, but after he's shot, he somehow falls into the front seat to position him so that he wouldn't be caught by the camera on Mizunashi Rena in most angles and wouldn't be seen by the Porsche directly. (Naturally, he would've collapsed on the floor). Notice how in this scene, Akai's car initially drove adjacent to the railing of the highway. This is likely the same trick that Andre Camel used during the chase for Mizunashi Rena with the Organization, as the explosion acted as a cover for Akai to escape.

Conclusive proof that Akai is alive is at the end of DC ep 508 where Hondou Eisuke tells Conan about the possible recent death of an FBI agent. Conan's reaction should be expected by many viewers as he smiles and says in his head, "It's all right."

I don't know much about Subaru, but from the article in DCW wiki, it's most likely true that Akai is Okiya. (Especially based on how Conan seems to know him and trust him, whereas Conan is extremely cautious, paranoid and even suspicious towards anybody unknown introduced to him.)

But there's more than enough proof that Shuichi is still alive, and will probably be re-introduced during the next main story arc against the BO. :)

I've seen a lot of speculation regarding this subject, when Shuichi is shot by Mizunashi Rena in episode 504. The general opinion of the audience is that the murder was staged and Akai is still alive. I'm sure that most people already know this... but Akai is definitely alive and very likely Subaru. I read the wiki-article on the theory behind Akai being alive and Okiya but there's still somethings to add.

During the killing, Akai's right hand was in his pocket the whole time. (This is likely what triggered the fake blood bursts when taking shots etc.). Note how after the "lung shot" from Hidemi/Rena, Akai clutches his right torso with his left hand instead of his right (which stays in his pocket). Also, when Shuichi is shot in the head, he is leaning on the rear right door of his Chevy, but after he's shot, he somehow falls into the front seat to position him so that he wouldn't be caught by the camera on Mizunashi Rena in most angles and wouldn't be seen by the Porsche directly. (Naturally, he would've collapsed on the floor). Notice how in this scene, Akai's car initially drove adjacent to the railing of the highway. This is likely the same trick that Andre Camel used during the chase for Mizunashi Rena with the Organization, as the explosion acted as a cover for Akai to escape.

Conclusive proof that Akai is alive is at the end of DC ep 508 where Hondou Eisuke tells Conan about the possible recent death of an FBI agent. Conan's reaction should be expected by many viewers as he smiles and says in his head, "It's all right."

I don't know much about Subaru, but from the article in DCW wiki, it's most likely true that Akai is Okiya. (Especially based on how Conan seems to know him and trust him, whereas Conan is extremely cautious, paranoid and even suspicious towards anybody unknown introduced to him.)

But there's more than enough proof that Shuichi is still alive, and will probably be re-introduced during the next main story arc against the BO. :)

Sorry to say, but that isn't conclusive at all. That is wild speculation at best. Chek has some compelling arguments on the matter, but that is not one. The most compelling arguments are ones dealing with the frames before the truck blows up TBH, but nothing is actually "conclusive."

And this really belongs in the Akai Shuuichi theory thread. Just saying you didn't need to make an entirely new thread on the subject when there is already PAGES of discussion on the subject.

Sorry to say, but that isn't conclusive at all. That is wild speculation at best. Chek has some compelling arguments on the matter, but that is not one. The most compelling arguments are ones dealing with the frames before the truck blows up TBH, but nothing is actually "conclusive."

And this really belongs in the Akai Shuuichi theory thread. Just saying you didn't need to make an entirely new thread on the subject when there is already PAGES of discussion on the subject.

Haha, sorry I'm new to the forum, didn't realize that it would upset you because of some plot analysis. I've been watching DC randomly so my "wild speculations" might be questionable.. But I don't see how the scene I mentioned is even considered speculation. Maybe if you watched it you wouldn't be so rash to judge. ;)

Haha, sorry I'm new to the forum, didn't realize that it would upset you because of some plot analysis. I've been watching DC randomly so my "wild speculations" might be questionable.. But I don't see how the scene I mentioned is even considered speculation. Maybe if you watched it you wouldn't be so rash to judge. ;)

Kyuu is pretty respected deduction wise; we had a go at each other about this very topic coming up on three years ago. Your theory is pretty good for a start.

Kyuu wasn't nice about it, but I think what he had in mind is the biggest clue which really cements that Akai pulled a trick: disappearing blood-trails/moving body. It's the result of Akai swapping himself out with Rikumichi's body which had been dressed up to look like him.

The most common version of the Akai fake theory is here: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Akai_faked_his_death_theory

I am sure you will notice many similarities to your theory. ;)

Welcome to DCW by the way.