Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Akai Shuuichi's Death Theory!

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Akai dead or alive?

Yeah Conan and Akai faked the death, that is clear, but as Axl said, remember when they was chasing the disguised Bo member in the hospital, they both trusted the Fbi but had their own agendas regarding the suspect, they may have their own ideas on how to handle the bo and maybe the fbi is interfering wit it? Remember Conan is always thinking sorry Jodie-Sensei?

I think Shuichi Akai is still alive and hiding as Subaru Okiya.  It is possible that Kir (Hidemi Hondou), Akai, and Conan predicted that the only Kir would gain back the Organization's trust was to kill their worse enemy, Shuichi Akai, and made plans to fake his death should she need to do that.  The reason they would keep their plans from the FBI would be for security reasons, like the Scar Akai situations.  How exactly they managed to do it I have no idea.

After his fake death Akai went into hiding as Okiya, with his path constantly crossing with Conan.  Both Okiya and Akai have a Black Organization 'feeling' by Haibara and she believes that Okiya could be her late sister's boyfriend, Dai Moroboshi which is Akai's undercover name.  Haibara never met him as Shuichi Akai, so she doesn't know that he was an FBI agent.  Also Conan would never let a stranger, let alone a member of the Black Organization, live directly next door to Haibara otherwise she and the others would be dead, but since Akai is suspected to be dead, no one would think twice about Okiya, which would make it easier to investigate the Organization in secret.  Also there is proof that Yukiko is in on it, as there was evidence of a woman in Shinichi's house and she was with Okiya on the train, and the thing Yukiko does best is disguise, so she could totally create a new identity for Akai.

The Bell Tree Express Arc brought in the greatest amount of clues that point to Okiya being Akai, Masumi calling him 'Shuu-nii' while she was unconscious causing Okiya to smile and after getting off the train Okiya opens one of his eyes and it is exactly like Akai's.

If Okiya is Akai I just hope Gosho Aoyama announces it soon.

Still, does  anyone else think that  Camel is Suspicious? I wouldn't be surprising for  Akai to use this  opportunity to

leave the FB I if someone infiltrated  and  everything. And I can't help but  be  bothered by  when it looked like Akai

intentionally dropped the can in the hospital. Andre looked back suspiciously when he mentioned not forgetting an

enemy's face, and he was the same person that made the mistake of exposing himself when the FBI tried to corner

Gin. This may be just me though....

Still, does  anyone else think that  Camel is Suspicious? I wouldn't be surprising for  Akai to use this  opportunity to

leave the FB I if someone infiltrated  and  everything. And I can't help but  be  bothered by  when it looked like Akai

intentionally dropped the can in the hospital. Andre looked back suspiciously when he mentioned not forgetting an

enemy's face, and he was the same person that made the mistake of exposing himself when the FBI tried to corner

Gin. This may be just me though....

I'm guessing Camel might be feeling guilty I mean his accidentally exposing the stakeout resulted in Akai being exposed and the events that lead to Akemi Miyano's death.  About the 'not forgetting an old enemy's face', I still don't know about that.  Now in the series it seems like he's always the one accidentally getting involved with murder cases and hiding the true reason the FBI is in Japan.

However if someone did infiltrate the FBI I'm betting Akai would have know right away, he and Conan. 

I'm guessing Camel might be feeling guilty I mean his accidentally exposing the stakeout resulted in Akai being exposed and the events that lead to Akemi Miyano's death.  About the 'not forgetting an old enemy's face', I still don't know about that.  Now in the series it seems like he's always the one accidentally getting involved with murder cases and hiding the true reason the FBI is in Japan.

However if someone did infiltrate the FBI I'm betting Akai would have know right away, he and Conan.

I agree with this. Conan would also be watched too I think if he was seen with the FBI by someone who wasn't a type like Vermouth or Bourbon.

Gosho was trying to fool everyone into thinking Camel was a spy, which is why there were some weird lines. (We never did get to see the man Vodka sent into the hospital to confirm all the FBI foreigners were hanging out, but that couldn’t be Camel since he arrived from wherever by plane by Shuuichi’s request. The last informant that Gin was waiting on was Vermouth who was sent to look for Akai's truck on the boss's orders.) I think if you take Akai's line at face value it simply means he would recognize anyone he saw working for the Organization while he infiltrated.

Gosho Aoyama does a good job of that, making new allies appear to be enemies at first glance then wham! the moment of revelation has them being good guys and help defeat the real bad guys in the end.  Best example I believe is Subaru Okiya, all us readers were lead on into thinking he was Bourbon from the clues that made sense at the time, but in comes the mystery train arc and wham! again, his eyes look exactly like Shuichi Akai's.  I'm betting revealing Okiya is Akai will be the wham!, but i wonder if he will add in a new ally with the early suspicions of being an enemy, maybe that will be the middle Akai brother, who we haven't seen yet.

If Akai is revealed to still be alive, I want to know how he and Conan faked his death with a limited amount of time for planning while Kir was under so much surveillance from the BO and how it was hidden from the FBI so well.

Did Okiya reveal his true identity to Conan? Seems like Conan and Akai planned this before Gin ask Kir to kill Akai.  <_<  :blink: 

Conan trusts him so much, eh? :excl:  :excl:  :excl: