Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Akai Shuuichi's Death Theory!

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Akai dead or alive?

I think Akai-san is still alive, he faked his death....somehow. It was all planned with Mizunashi Rena, she pretended to shoot either a dummy, or she shot somewhere else. Then when Kir drove away, Akai escaped and left a dummy there or something.

Haha, sorry I'm new to the forum, didn't realize that it would upset you because of some plot analysis. I've been watching DC randomly so my "wild speculations" might be questionable.. But I don't see how the scene I mentioned is even considered speculation. Maybe if you watched it you wouldn't be so rash to judge. ;)

Apologies for being a bit brief. I'm rarely home these days so I can't always post from a computer and make lengthy replies. Allow me to explain. Conan basically only knows two things... That 1) His phone was different and it was likely Akai whose prints that they were after and 2) that Rikumichi's prints was also on the phone and he is confirmed dead and that there is a possibility that the body was switched. That said, there is no reason for Conan to make that leap in deduction without proof. Akai never trusted Conan enough to tell him anything, especially not when he didn't even tell his partner what he was planning. So Conan has no reason to believe that Akai is alive, which is why it is "wild speculation." Unless Gosho reveals that Akai made the plan with Conan as a back-up to get Kir back in, there is no reason to assume that he knew anything about what was happening. Is that possible? Yes, but it is a bit of a leap, imo.

This is opposed to the clear difference in the body positioning and lack of blood trail in the frames in the manga. Gosho himself usually takes care of frames like that, so the possibilities of it being a mistake by one of his assistants is slim to none. So that is a far more telling and compelling evidence than a reaction from someone who may have only figured that the FBI agents knew what they were doing and were prepared to die and chose not to worry about it. Not to mention that he never really made a strong connection to the FBI like he did with the MPD. I think if he heard that someone in the MPD died, there would be a much bigger reaction, despite knowledge of a plan to keep the said MPD officer alive, because he knows that there is always the possibility of something going wrong. So believing everything went totally to plan, ESPECIALLY with the BO who has already bested him on multiple occasions, would be frankly stupid of him.

That said, the rest of what you said is actually a part of the set of deductions that have been posted here and in the wiki as well as on DCTP that is essentially accepted as why Akai is alive.

When I first seen this episode I was shocked, but then I slowly realized some things didn't add up. I can't wait til they release more B.O episodes! They're so suspenseful & they keep me on the edge of my seat til the very end.

I support the theory of Okiya being Akai. When Conan heard that someone with a cap gave that person a cellphone after messaging the deductions to Mouri, he probably knew that it was Akai and thought that he took his disguises off. When he heard about the sniper and porche, he thought that the organization had found out about Akai being Okiya so he told all the customers that the mall was going to give them gift certeficates in order to get Okiya out of trouble but saw that he still didn't take his disguies off only after he had done that. Moreover, he probably was mildly surprised to hear that Jodie saw Akai. If we say that he though that he died, then he should be more surprised than that. If he didn't even know about what happened at that night Akai faked his death, then he shouldn't be surprised at all. He was MILDLY surprised because he thought that Akai had taken his disguiese off. He was surprised at seeing Okiya because he didn't know he actually didn't take it off. He then wondered who it could be that Jodie saw. Still, I don't know why Okiya said that he wasn't sure if it was the SMARTEST method. He might have just been critisizing how he handled it, but I'm not that sure. He didn't seem that upset to see that he prevented Bourbon from getting shot by their own member, but it might be just because he doesn't want anyone else to kill him.

What do you guys think?

I support the theory of Okiya being Akai. When Conan heard that someone with a cap gave that person a cellphone after messaging the deductions to Mouri, he probably knew that it was Akai and thought that he took his disguises off. When he heard about the sniper and porche, he thought that the organization had found out about Akai being Okiya so he told all the customers that the mall was going to give them gift certeficates in order to get Okiya out of trouble but saw that he still didn't take his disguies off only after he had done that. Moreover, he probably was mildly surprised to hear that Jodie saw Akai. If we say that he though that he died, then he should be more surprised than that. If he didn't even know about what happened at that night Akai faked his death, then he shouldn't be surprised at all. He was MILDLY surprised because he thought that Akai had taken his disguiese off. He was surprised at seeing Okiya because he didn't know he actually didn't take it off. He then wondered who it could be that Jodie saw. Still, I don't know why Okiya said that he wasn't sure if it was the SMARTEST method. He might have just been critisizing how he handled it, but I'm not that sure. He didn't seem that upset to see that he prevented Bourbon from getting shot by their own member, but it might be just because he doesn't want anyone else to kill him.

What do you guys think?

Conan was aware of a man who looked like Akai Shuuichi with a giant burn courtesy the Detective Boys. I assume Conan knows the real Akai doesn't have a giant burn from the fake death plan, so the guy with the burn can't be Akai taking his disguise off unless Akai specifically makeup-ed a burn onto himself.

I think Conan's primary theory has been and still is that Scar Akai is a member of the Black Org; however, when Camel mentioned the snipers outside, and Jodie mentioned the warning coaster, Conan considered that there was a slim possibility that Scar Akai may not necessarily be with the Org (Conan is assuming the BO aren't dysfunctionally trying to kill their own guy by mistake), the Org was trying to set someone up using Scar Akai, or the real Shuuichi was trying to do something he hadn't informed Conan of. Conan chose to stir up the crowd on the premise that, whatever the truth was, messing up the Black Org's sniping plan couldn't hurt.

Conan didn't know Okiya was present until Okiya revealed himself after Conan stirred up the crowd. Conan immediately worried that maybe Okiya was the target and that he had been found out, but Okiya alluded to "a silly story about how some stupid wolves let their prey get away", and that he was investigating Scar Akai himself ("There was someone I knew in the footage"). Both serve to inform Conan is a roundabout way that 1) it is a perfectly reasonable hypothesis that the Black Org might actually try to kill their own guy by mistake (hence the silly story and the stupid wolves) and 2) Scar Akai is not with Okiya/Akai which ought to solidify Conan's suspicions that Scar Akai is with the BO.

Okiya may have been criticizing Conan's method because Conan had to draw attention to himself in order to execute it, and that as a result Scar Akai could have the opportunity to disappear cleanly, leaving Conan with no tailing opportunity. I don't see why Okiya would be upset that Conan blocked Scar Akai from being shot. Sure it would be a convenient way to get rid of Scar Akai, but I think Okiya could understand that Conan chose to take the route of caution in a situation where he didn't have all the info and little time to mull it over. I don't think Akai has any specific grudge against Bourbon though.

Something else I've been wondering. I always assumed that it was Okiya Subaru who solved that 13 red shirts case and sent his text message via a random guy's cellphone but something's bothering me. If Okiya did send that text message, why was it Skar Akai who gave the cellphone back?

Something else I've been wondering. I always assumed that it was Okiya Subaru who solved that 13 red shirts case and sent his text message via a random guy's cellphone but something's bothering me. If Okiya did send that text message, why was it Skar Akai who gave the cellphone back?

It was Scar Akai who sent the message. Why you think it's Okiya ? Just because Okiya also solved the case doesn't necessarily mean he's the one that sent.

Basically there are 3 person who solved the case: Conan, Okiya and Scar Akai (off-screen). Gosho doesn't show SA solving, but that can be deduced by the readers because like you said, it doesn't make sense if Okiya sent it, while the one to return the phone was SA.

The proof is that although Okiya figured out that the case was related to the snow-mountain event (702 - page 15), and since he searched the Internet, he would most likely find out that the one who sent the shirts was the daughter (Conan also figured it out that way); the message that Kogoro received didn't have that part (704). It only solved the 13-red-shirt mystery without revealing the identity of the shirts' sender, so he and the sender could not be the same person (this clue may not be convincing enough).

Secondly, judging from the way the sender speak: "Hurry and complete your investigation so that we may be released." we can see that he's in a rush, which suits Scar Akai's situation, who wanted to get out fast (he felt that there's someone watching him in 702; but there might have been other causes as well). Meanwhile, Okiya still stayed calm, he also didn't have any reason to be that hurried either...

Furthermore, if you assume that Okiya is Akai, then he has already known that Conan's the brain behind Kogoro and how smart he is, he didn't need to send Kogoro that message, as Conan would figure out anyway.

Chek wants to add that the random guy said it was Scar Akai who returned the cellphone Kogoro received the message from. Ran figured out the phone by texting it.

• Upvote 1

It was Scar Akai who sent the message. Why you think it's Okiya ? Just because Okiya also solved the case doesn't necessarily mean he's the one that sent.

Basically there are 3 person who solved the case: Conan, Okiya and Scar Akai (off-screen). Gosho doesn't show SA solving, but that can be deduced by the readers because like you said, it doesn't make sense if Okiya sent it, while the one to return the phone was SA.

The proof is that while Okiya figured out that the case was related to the snow-mountain event (702 - page 15), the message that Kogoro received didn't have that part (704), it only solves the 13-red-shirt mystery, so he and the sender could not be the same person (this clue may not be convincing enough).

Secondly, judging from the way the sender speak: "Hurry and complete your investigation so that we may be released." we can see that he's in a rush, which suits Scar Akai's situation, who wanted to get out fast (he felt that there's someone watching him in 702; but there might have been other causes as well). Meanwhile, Okiya still stayed calm, he also didn't have any reason to be that hurried either...

Furthermore, if you assume that Okiya is Akai, then he has already known that Conan's the brain behind Kogoro and how smart he is, he didn't need to send Kogoro that message, as Conan would figure out anyway.

Chek wants to add that the random guy said it was Scar Akai who returned the cellphone Kogoro received the message from. Ran figured out the phone by texting it.

So I guess Scar Akai, assuming that he's Bourbon, was only trying to get out of there quickly and that's why he sent them the message. Is that right?

I think that Akai is alive, and I think the plan somehow is similar to what happened to when Andre was driving with Hidemi. I believe, first off, Hidemi and Akai (and maybe Conan) had discussed what the Organization might do if she was to join back in (while in the hospital). Somehow, Kir somehow stuck a hidden message into either the text or in her call, or otherwise Akai was already prepared and figured something like this would happen. He went to Reiha pass and investigated. He probably did notice the Organization a long distance away, so he purposely pulled his truck over by the ledge of the cliff, just like how Andre pulled his truck over to the side. He prepared fake blood beforehand on the spots he would be sure Kir would shoot or stab, weak points in the body like the head, heart, and lungs (maybe even the throat).He also put one in his mouth to make it seem he was letting out blood through there too. Kir shot him twice, and he fell into the car. She set off the bomb with 3 seconds (30 seconds in the manga), to which I believe Akai escaped out of the car while she was turned, since the Organization was watching him via the camera on her choker. As for the dead body, I believe it was Rikumichi's dead body. We do not know what happened to him after his death, only that the FBI tried to keep this a secret from the Organization. If the police were to do a search, they would see a bullet wound to the head, where both Akai and Rikumichi were shot. The fingerprints can be explained because earlier on, Rikumichi touched Conan's phone. Plus, I find it strange the gun was shot at Akai, but he looked perfectly fine until a moment later, when he started bleeding and crouched down.I also find it strange Akai came with no weapon at all, and took the shot to the lungs and head so easily, and even made his last words sound funny. "To think you've gone this far..." with a smile on his face... plus the fact his hand stayed in his pocket the entire time seemed peculiar... also the fact when Kir turned away for a moment, then looked back, they didn't show the eyes of the person in the car, but the head was turned differently than before... at first, the head was facing to the left, but after she turned away, the head was facing forward, and we didn't get a glimpse of the eyes on the body. I'm not saying that Akai got out of his clothes and put them on the body at that moment, but maybe he had the body prepared with his clothes and his cell phone, which he couldn't use if he was pretending to be dead... he didn't tell anyone because he wanted their reactions to be realistic, plus he may not want any information to get leaked to the Black Organization... he disguised as Okiya Subaru by using a wig, changing his outfit, and wearing high powered glasses to make it hard to see and forcing him to squint, then assumed the role of a college student. He moved into Shinichi's house because Conan knew his plan probably, or saw through his disguise, and gives Haibara that feeling not because he's Bourbon but because he was once the BO member Rye. Him drinking Bourbon does not prove he is Bourbon, since Bourbon is Akai's favorite drink. Plus Akai and Okiya compare the BO to wolves.

Bourbon on the other hand disguised as Akai because he got suspicious Akai was alive. He did this so he could gain more information by viewing reactions of FBI agents, and was trying to lure out Akai. Akai, as Okiya, decided to visit the bank Bourbon had been at during the robbery case, and may have noticed him entering the mall. He followed him to see what he was doing, then left a note for Jodie saying to leave because there was danger. This may have not been because of the bomber, but because he was warning her about Scar Akai, or Bourbon.

I agree with most of you said..

but, concerning Rikumichi's dead body, you said that it was put after Kir had shot Akai. But this is impossible in 3 seconds. I think that the body had been put in the car beneath the seats where Conan hid on chasing Rikumichi. also, the body could have been brought to Akai by one of his allies in the car that passed Kir while waiting for Akai

Right.... My Akai... No! Our Akai is alive. :mrgreen:

No way. He will hit the Sack immediately. He still had to get revenge for Akemi.... :-D

You guys all said my theories... ;-)

Hope Gosho-sensei bring him out soon. :lol:

Right.... My Akai... No! Our Akai is alive. :mrgreen:

No way. He will hit the Sack immediately. He still had to get revenge for Akemi.... :-D

You guys all said my theories... ;-)

Hope Gosho-sensei bring him out soon. :lol:

He's FBI ghost and spy for FBI.Agree!If I'm right about he's a FBI ghost.

I think Akai is alive but I don't think he is Okiya in disguise. I do, however think that Okiya is connected to Akai in some way, possibly a relative.

Edit: Sorry, I wrote 'Scar Akai' instead of just 'Akai' :grin:

I think Scar Akai is alive but I don't think he is Okiya in disguise. I do, however think that Okiya is connected to Akai in some way, possibly a relative.

Most people don't think Scar Akai is Akai, but is an imposter in disguise as Akai, with Bourbon being the fan favorite guess. Most people think Okiya is Akai.

Here is a hint, go back to the snipe-off between Gin and the FBI and look how Akai is holding his rifle in comparison to Gin who is known left-handed, and Chianti who is right-handed. Skip ahead to paper airplane case and look at Okiya. Then move ahead to the bank robber case last chapter and look at Scar Akai's gun handling.

Most people don't think Scar Akai is Akai, but is an imposter in disguise as Akai, with Bourbon being the fan favorite guess. Most people think Okiya is Akai.

Here is a hint, go back to the snipe-off between Gin and the FBI and look how Akai is holding his rifle in comparison to Gin who is known left-handed, and Chianti who is right-handed. Skip ahead to paper airplane case and look at Okiya. Then move ahead to the bank robber case last chapter and look at Scar Akai's gun handling.

Thanks, I'll go check that out. :grin:

I HOPE Akai is alive cuz i feel like the FBI is outmatched by the BO without him. Conan, while as smart as him isn't exactly as offensively threatening.

Also yeah, his death just seemed too sudden. He arrived at the scene seeming like he had a trick up his sleve, then just got pwned.

Though maybe he is dead and the author is just trolling us with Scar Akai :P

hhhhmmm isn't Akai a left-handed shooter? from all the episodes i've seen he always used his left hand when firing a weapon i think scar akai might be a different person. In the later part of anime episode 564 when Conan was about to be executed by the bank robber scar akai fired at the bank robber saving Conan, the "camera" starts to focus on scar akai he has a pistol in his right hand i know it's a 9mm but i think it should be taken into consideration well that my theory please send me feedbacks :grin:

hhhhmmm isn't Akai a left-handed shooter? from all the episodes i've seen he always used his left hand when firing a weapon i think scar akai might be a different person. In the later part of anime episode 564 when Conan was about to be executed by the bank robber scar akai fired at the bank robber saving Conan, the "camera" starts to focus on scar akai he has a pistol in his right hand i know it's a 9mm but i think it should be taken into consideration well that my theory please send me feedbacks :grin:

Yeah, that's an interesting observation. Certianly a lot of people doubt the fact that Scar Akai is the real Akai.

Then again playing Devil's Advocate maybe Akai is just trained to use guns in both hands :P

Yeah, that's an interesting observation. Certianly a lot of people doubt the fact that Scar Akai is the real Akai.

Then again playing Devil's Advocate maybe Akai is just trained to use guns in both hands :P

yeah most people can handle a firearm with both hands, i don't really believe that akai is dead though but when i saw scar akai shot at the bank robber with the gun in his right hand i thought something was wrong

I also believe that akai is still alive.

And since there's a high probability that okiya is akai i'm wondering if there's a high chance that akai will soon appear as himself again and not in disguise in the coming files...but that would be too dangerous for kir, right?

what do you think guys? what's your idea? maybe rena fled from the organisation?

(*sigh* yes, i want to see the real akai again, i miss him :(...)

I also believe that akai is still alive.

And since there's a high probability that okiya is akai i'm wondering if there's a high chance that akai will soon appear as himself again and not in disguise in the coming files...but that would be too dangerous for kir, right?

what do you think guys? what's your idea? maybe rena fled from the organisation?

(*sigh* yes, i want to see the real akai again, i miss him :(...)

I think Akai won't reveal himself until the final showdown. Kir's mission will always be her priority. Akai knows this.

am pretty Sure that Okiya Subaru is Akai Right now , But Am not Sure About BourBon yet Since in the last chapter Scar Akai appear again When BourBon starting The Hit Order On Sherry But The Okuya Subaru Is Akai Theory is 100% sure =)

So Akai is Alive