Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Akai Shuuichi's Death Theory!

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Akai dead or alive?

I have a question... If Okiya is Akai, Why did conan ask Ran to not tell Okiya that he, a highschool detective lives in the Kudo residence. Remember the paper planes case? He told ran not to tell okiya about him... why? doesn't he trust akai? 77.gif

I have a question... If Okiya is Akai, Why did conan ask Ran to not tell Okiya that he, a highschool detective lives in the Kudo residence. Remember the paper planes case? He told ran not to tell okiya about him... why? doesn't he trust akai? 77.gif

Conan doesn't want Okiya to learn much about Shinichi - because Conan is paranoid even around allies.

Now that I'm convinced Akai is alive, I'm excited for his return! Why can't another BO episode or manga chapter be released sooner! I wonder if Gin will ever find out about the cover-up. That would be a very very tense episode.

I'd love to see a really suspenseful anime episode with Gin in it... That would be so freaking awesome.

You're a Gin fan as well? I love Gin. He's so bad ass that I love him. I mean, Vermouth is not exactly an "evil" character. Vodka is slow mentally, the two snipers aren't all that great, and Kir is an undercover CIA angent working for the FBI. Seriously, Gin is the only true bad guy in the whole story. We need more of him!

I'm not actually a Gin fan... I'm a Vermouth fan who would like to see more Vermouth and she appears with Gin a lot so...

Fine... When do you think Akai's coming back into the series? (since we're all almost pretty sure he's alive.)

He's been living next door to Agasa's for a while now. As himself, whenever Bourbon finally gets a move on but Aoyama has been dragging this arc out for a while so who knows?

Right now I care a little bit more about the new guy that Akai, but wouldn't it be cool if the new guy was Bourbon or Akai's little brother? That would be neat.... Akai better make a move soon though!

LoL, I will just ride on on your hypothesis, Let's just wait and see.

Akai Shuichi *spoiler* Jemini I agree with your theory!

Repost: November 19, 2010

That is 100% identical to the theory I reached on the subject. I feel a little bit like I used the cheater method to reach that theory though. I just followed Aoyama's usual style of shoving a wrong answer right in the viewer's nose while giving small hints at the real answer and made me deduction accordingly.

Since Okiya is the one he is shoving in our noses as being Bourbon in disguise (almost a perfect repeat of when he was doing the same with Jodi being Vermouth), this actually means he is obviously not the bad guy.

With this in mind, we have to answer the question of why Ai is reacting to Okiya as though he is a member of the Organization. The only answer (outside of him being Bourbon) is that he is Akai.

After deducing this far, I got some confirmation on this theory when I read the manga (I read the manga 2nd) and went over Okiya's introductory episode again. I realized that Aoyama actually dropped an audience hint. (A hint that is logically impossible to be something that the characters can pick up on and use. It is only for the audience to use.) The kid who called the three men "white guy", "yellow guy", and "red guy" called Okiya the "red guy". (Akai is japanese for Red) This is confirmation enough to assure me that Aoyama did not decide to suddenly change his usual pattern on us.

What I find strange is Conan's reasoning for letting Okiya stay ay his house, "A Holmes fan can't be a bad person."

I am sure Conan knows something. At the very least he is sure that Akai is not a member of the BO. One aspect of Conan's character is that while he may gamble with his own life, he only gambles with his own life. He also tends to have a plan and has carefully weighed the options and all the evidence about 7 times out of 10.

I think Akai is still alive because there is to much unfinished business he has to take care of. For example, what his cell phone message from, and his encounter with Ai (his line "It is not time for us to meet" or whatever from episode 345)

My theory about who Bourbon is; Vermouth made him up to get Rena to tell Conan. And once Conan talks about Bourbon, Vermouth will definitely know that Rena is a traitor and is leaking information.

I know I went on a few tangents there but, just some of my thoughts.

That last one is interesting. I am going to have to re-watch episodes 578-580 because I think Vermouth appeared in that episode (dropped a message to Gin in person while he was in the car with Rena) in such a way that she could not possibly have been Scar Akai as well. All the other members of the BO who have been introduced to date were also accounted for at the time. Gin also specifically mentioned Bourbon in that episode, but that one can go either way in regards to your theory. But going by the way Gin described him, I think Bourbon is a real member of the organization.

Repost: January 23, 2011

I just got finished watching the Clash of Red Vs. Black arc again and have noticed something very interesting. First relates to an inconsistency between something Conan and Akai do earlier in the arc and something they say near the end of it. They say that they intended for Andre Camel to be the driver for the real vehicle from the beginning, and that both Akai and Conan had worked together to carefully devise this entire strategy. This is very inconsistent with the fact that Conan suggested having Agasa come in to transport Raina. I think this was only done to have Jodi see Akai grabbing Conan's cell phone.

What I think happened was this. Akai was wearing a bullet proof vest under his shirt and a steel band under his hat. Layered over the protective items were tubes filled with blood. (real or fake dose not matter, although I am sure they could have managed either.) As for the fingerprints. Conan gave Akai his other cell phone (they both look the same.) and had him place it in to the hand of a corpse he took from the morgue.

After that the only trick is finding a way to mess with Jodie's phone in the right way to allow Conan to give her his to borrow. With the timing that the police showed up, Akai had plenty of time to get out before the explosion and replace the body. Also, I do not think the fact that the car door was open when Reina shot him and closed while the police were approaching was an animator's mistake. I think it was supposed to be something to key off the audience that something was changed. Also, the way Conan was interacting with the FBI members after his talk with Akai was full of aspects that SCREAMED he is hiding something for the entire remainder of the Red Vs. Black arc.

As for why he said he trusted Okiya from the beginning, giving his lame excuse of "a Holmes fan can not be a bad person." Akai and Conan probably agreed on an alias Akai would be using, and talking about Holmes was an additional code just in case Conan met someone else named Okiya by coincidence. They probably planned to set up some coincidental meeting some time in the future and the case that occurred just happened to helpfully speed up there time table so they decided not to waste the opportunity.

Actually, I am reasonably sure of everything except for what I said in that last paragraph. There is some contradictory evidence to that particular part of the scenario in episodes 578-580 that I am still trying to work out. I am 100% sure that Okiya is Akai, but I do not know how much information Conan has on that or if he made any arrangements with Conan before hand like the ones I suggested.

Repost: January 25, 2011

Ok, I have just re-watched the "Red, White, Yellow" Mystery episode again. I am now 100% on why Conan so easily trusted Okiya. He knew he was Akai from the beginning before they ever got to the apartment. If you are watching this episode with the scenario I walked through before on my previous post in mind, you will catch the strange reaction from Conan when they mention the address of the apartment complex.

He likely set him self up at that apartment with Conan's knowledge for the express purpose of guarding Haibara. The reason Conan mentioned the Holmes fan thing was just because Haibara was looking to him for an answer to why he was being so trusting. I am not sure what the reason is that he has to keep it a secret from Haibara, but at any rate he was unable to tell her the real reason. Conan just happens to be a really bad lier when he is put on the spot.

What this also means is that Akai seems to be treating Conan as though he were actually a handler for the FBI. Seems like he is putting a ridiculous amount of trust in him. Actually, he seems to be relying on Conan more than he actually relies on other members of the FBI. O_o (if you have been paying attention to the way Akai acts, that is not much)

BTW: thanks for the catch Sliv, but now I have to go grammar crazzy and remove the 's as well.

Repost: February 03, 2011

As for "scar Akai," I am sure he is Bourbon. They comment during the mall bombing episode that Bourbon likes to work on his own and dose not communicate well with the rest of the organization. This would be why he came dangerously close to getting a bullet through the head in the mall bombing episode as well.

His intentions are likely to draw out the real Akai in hiding by acting as a spy within the FBI, witch the real Akai should (in his mind) see as a major threat and react to it. I think he also wants to actually act as a spy as well in order to gather some information, but he is taking his approach slowly so as to both allow the FBI to more likely think he is the real thing as well as to give the real Akai more of a chance to react to him. (it is stated that Bourbon seems to have something personal against Akai and is the one member of the organization who is most sure Akai is not dead.)

Every time I reread the chapter I get confused. When he saw Gin's car, he thought (in Chinese) 'Looks like we've got something unexpected' so the chances that he planned ahead that much are a little unlikely.

MSSWEETHEART, I agree pretty much on all your deductions.

one thing i know for sure- okiya subaru's true identity is known to conan because conan trusts him with his life (gasolene & static electricity case) even though haibara doesn't.

Also he is not very surprised when subaru says " its about a pack of stupid wolves who lost their easy prey."and haibara reacting to him confirms the fact that subaru is/was related to the B.O.Also as mssweetheart mentioned red = akai,And

Remember right after Akai's death Takagi said "there are many inexplicable things about the body"...the possibilities along with my explanation below makes it Akai being subaru a very probable chance.

When do you think the next FBI arc is? I think Scar Akai will most likely reappear along with Okiya in that arc. And then, maybe our deductions shall be proven sound.

First time here guys! :grin: But, I'm a die-hard Detective Conan fan a long time already.

I'll just re-post the idea I posted in the other forum about proving that Okiya might be Akai after all.

Another scene that confirms to me that Okiya Subaru is Akai is during the Red, White, Yellow and the Detective Boys episode.

When Okiya was asked by Inspector Yuminaga about his favorite color, he answered black. He liked black because, as he mentioned, "it covers up the things inside of me that I don't want to be know about". More likely, it talks about his disguise as Okiya to hide his real identity to the BO and even the FBI, which is him being Akai. He answered, though, that he hates the color black at the same time. ANd probably, we all know the reason for that. Black Organization.

Akai loves to drink Bourbon. So, that as well may explain on why there's a great chance that Akai is Okiya Subaru.