Detective Conan World
Silver.Bullet

Unrevealing the Boss Identity

I know many topics were made about Anokata's whereabouts, but I think that we should all combine every little possible evidence suggests the identity of Anokata. And eliminate every wrong claim about Anokata.

1. Anokata is referred to by Gin as he, and Vermouth is Anokata's favorite so the highest possibility is that Anokata is in fact male. So we may remove every female suspect.

2. As once Ai Haibara said:"I'm afraid that you dear Kudo are part of half a century project test", implying that the B.O is at least 50 years old. Thus Anokata is either young male because like Vermouth he is able not to age, or Anokata is an old male which suggests that he is physically weak not in his prime.

3. Anokata is respected by all B.O members including both Vermouth who is giving independence, and Gin who is merciless and will kill at times. Which can be deduced that Anokata not just a very smart person but also intimidating one too.

4. It is known that Gosho Aoyama's wife who also is the voice of Conan, KNOWS the identity of Anokata. Implying that he already been introduced since she wouldn't know his identity if he is yet to appear as Aoyama isn't that type of person. We can now deduce that Anokata has been seen at least once before.

5. Gosho already mentioned that Anokata's name has appeared somewhere before, also Gosho didn't think that DC will last more than 3 months indicating that within the first 12 episodes a hint was giving about Anokata.

6. The B.O wears only black and resembles ravens suggesting that Anokata thought of Nanatsu no Ku as the basic idea to implant to his creation of an organization. Since black is every member wears black, it means every member resembles a crow.

7. If the B.O is more than 50 years old, the most rational idea is that Anokata is more than one person.

8. Anokata love mysteries and detective after all APTX4869 stand for Sherlock and Shelling a password that B.O uses is a prototype name that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle considered for a name to his character Sherlock Holmes, before settling on the name. Means that Anokata is either was a detective once or a novelist once, or even Sherlockian freak.

9. Evidently he is Japanese, and since Gosho admitted that Ai would be surprised by Anokata's identity. He is probably connected to her father somehow, a co worker family relative or is it even her own father.

10. As suggested Anokata is someone who Gin and Vermouth can blindly trust, thus it can be that Vermouth is his love interest and Gin is in debt for him since Anokata somehow saved Gin's life before. Which would suggest why Gin would hate Vermouth as she will make Anokata 'soft'.

11. Gosho did tell that the official name of the B.O will give away the identity of Anokata, so Anokata's name was heard before which make the official name of the B.O is something we heard before. Like that we can safely presume it's more of a company than an organization since no one would make his name being obvious in a criminal organization, that's why it is more likely to be a company.

12. Conan did get the phone number of Anokata, but so far he didn't call as was adviced by Ai. Knowing Conan/Shinichi he would manage to call Anokata without raising too much suspicions meaning that Ai still have secrets about Anokata that she wouldn't share as of yet as evidently she knew Anokata's phone number even before Conan deduced it out.

For the moment this is the board for most likely possibilities please share your opinions in order to make a conclusive conclusion .....

I think it is a good idea to list everything known about the boss to try to figure out who the boss could be or couldn't be, but I think you are being overly sure about some of your deductions in several of your points.

1. Anokata is referred to by Gin as he, and Vermouth is Anokata's favorite so the highest possibility is that Anokata is in fact male. So we may remove every female suspect.

All the pronouns used for the boss have been gender neutral in the original Japanese. English doesn't have gender neutral pronouns, so "he" by default is often used. It's also possible the boss's reasons for considering Vermouth to be his favorite may be because Vermouth is an old member and has those unique aging issues. That doesn't disqualify the boss from being female.

4. It is known that Gosho Aoyama's wife who also is the voice of Conan, KNOWS the identity of Anokata. Implying that he already been introduced since she wouldn't know his identity if he is yet to appear as Aoyama isn't that type of person. We can now deduce that Anokata has been seen at least once before.

I don't think this deduction is sound; "Aoyama isn't that type of person" isn't really convincing. Suppose Aoyama told her that the boss is Ai's grandfather (random example). The boss doesn't need to have appeared for Minami to know the identity of the boss if Gosho phrased the boss's identity like that. He could have also described the boss to her as well, "a boy named ____ who will join Conan's class at Teitan elementary later." (random example)

5. Gosho already mentioned that Anokata's name has appeared somewhere before, also Gosho didn't think that DC will last more than 3 months indicating that within the first 12 episodes a hint was giving about Anokata.

How do you know Gosho was thinking that far ahead then? Maybe adding the name was something he decided to do later when he expanded the complexity of the story by adding in more Black Organization members like Vermouth and Akai?

7. If the B.O is more than 50 years old, the most rational idea is that Anokata is more than one person.

Didn't you suggest in point number two there were some alternatives, like anokata not being able to age so he could be anokata this whole time?

10. As suggested Anokata is someone who Gin and Vermouth can blindly trust, thus it can be that Vermouth is his love interest and Gin is in debt for him since Anokata somehow saved Gin's life before. Which would suggest why Gin would hate Vermouth as she will make Anokata 'soft'.

This is only one of many explanations as to why Vermouth could be the boss's favorite, so to say they are lovers seems premature without more evidence. Gin and Vermouth were sexually involved with one another - the martini line - so I guess anokata is okay with having his lover cheating on him with one of his top agents?
  • Upvote 1

one thing I want to know: do we have any clue about when the boss’s name has appeared? even if not, how many chapters does that include? and why has nobody made a list of names that appear in these chapters? are they really too many?

one thing I want to know: do we have any clue about when the boss’s name has appeared? even if not, how many chapters does that include? and why has nobody made a list of names that appear in these chapters? are they really too many?

When Gosho made that comment it was published in a magazine on Friday January 13, 2006. That would put it sometime around the events of Volume 53 or 54 which is mid Kir arc. There are really too many names before this to count. The case suspects are listed in the wiki, but of course these leave out guestbook names and incidental names.

Not that I'm suggesting this as a serious option, but it would be really wild if "he" was really Yoko Okino.

mouri san will be devastated :D 

I wonder if someone did make a list of all the names mentioned in the first twelve Detective Conan chapters, how many names would that be anyway?

Not too many in the first twelve chapters. There is already a list of all the major names at the German forums for the first 53 volumes. http://conanforum.org/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4396

I was wondering....

Ano Kata...

Matching all expectations with the current hints.. Forward thinker... Will fend off haibara's sense... Will definitely surprise conan and haibara. Been in the earlier days of Detective Conan... Has cameo'd atleast once (actually its like 2 - 3 times). Good at password and puzzles. Loves liquer... and apparently young girls... It only matched one guy. One possible Ano Kata in the process of elimination....

One guy called 'sherlock holmes of japan' (actually self proclaimed, but the title shows as Legendary Great Detective). The same title shinichi kudo holds (modern holmes referring to modern holmes of japan). Appears in episode 67 (a TV original sadly(thus refers to appear 'somewhere')). Mentor of Kogoro Mouri, even shinichi seem's to know him and respects his skills greatly.

He is wearing black cloak too.

Very forward thinker, solves the case way faster than shinichi(Conan in this case).

平 八 郎 塩 田
HEI-HA-CHI-RO SHI-O-TA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
烏 な ぜ 啼 く の
Ka ra su na ze na ku
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Fits well.. (Presumption (Please try saying it with the tune))

He is a pervert. (I guess that would make Vermouth his favorite).

Also someone Gin would respect. (if he is serious)

Appears in 3rd season, please guess why I did not say 3 months evil.gif

He is also a Division 1, Detective of Tokyo Metropolitant Police.

平 八 郎 塩 田

HEI-HA-CHI-RO SHI-O-TA

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

烏 な ぜ 啼 く の

Ka ra su na ze na ku

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

To be fair both of these are wrong. You’re missing “U” after “RO” in the first one which makes it 8 syllables, and you’re missing “NO” at the end which again makes it 8 syllables. Edit: Actually it seems that 郎 can be read as simply “RO”, never seen it myself though.

烏 な ぜ 啼 く の

Ka ra su na ze na ku

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

This part in particular doesn't make a lot of logical sense. You could have just said "HEIHACHIROU SHIOTA" has seven Japanese syllables in it which matches the name of the song Nanatsu no Ko. (Well it kind of has eight, with the long ou) Picking a random point in the middle to cut off the Nanatsu no Ko song doesn't really mean anything. I could apply that logic to the first opening:

むねのドキドキ

"Mu ne no DO KI DO KI "

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The boss's phone number is 9 keypunches long anyway. That covers the first verse: "Karasu naze nakuno" (BAGA BGEGD). The keypunch sounds covers just the first 8 syllables, rather than 9 because the ra syllable has two notes.

I don't think the boss can be an AO character based on how Gosho's writes. He ascribes to the philosophy that all mysteries in the manga can be solved only using the manga. Everything that is in AO episodes and movies is extra and not necessary. The boss being an AO character would break this rule of "manga canon".

The other thing is that I don't think using numbers or letters in the "Illuminati confirmed" style will ever lead to a good theory for who the boss is. I have found that only western-style conspiracy books use that sort of thing as a plot device. (I think the origins of this numbermancy style come from the hebrew bible where the jews would use cryptic methods to come up with numbers to replace words that authorities didn't like. They could get their message across without alerting outsiders to what they were talking about.)

Gosho and East Asian writers in general like puns and double meanings more. (See all the Kaitou Kid/Samizu Kichiemon riddles)

• Upvote 1

One guy called 'sherlock holmes of japan' (actually self proclaimed, but the title shows as Legendary Great Detective). The same title shinichi kudo holds (modern holmes referring to modern holmes of japan). Appears in episode 67 (a TV original sadly(thus refers to appear 'somewhere')). Mentor of Kogoro Mouri, even shinichi seem's to know him and respects his skills greatly.

He is wearing black cloak too.

Very forward thinker, solves the case way faster than shinichi(Conan in this case).

Made me think that if Shinichi is the modern day Sherlock Holmes, maybe there is a previous Japanese Sherlock Holmes who turned evil. Perhaps following the same pattern as the Yu Yu Hakusho series in which a spirit detective turns bad and the protagonist is the next one.